Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth - Business (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth (57110 Views)

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! / Special Report: Confessions Of A (ghanaian) Gold Scammer / Nigerian Youth Should Learn Money Making From (dangote) Worlds Richest Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by boron10(m): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Isn't lagos a slum. Don't act like we don't know Nigeria. Lagos mega city of slums.

http://m.irinnews.org/report/60811/nigeria-lagos-the-mega-city-of-slums

http://www.theguardian.com/pictures/image/0,8543,-10105140983,00.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2209520/The-world-Nigerias-floating-slums-Heartbreaking-photos-reveal-struggle-villagers-forced-live-shacks-water.html

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/city-news/57735-as-slums-spread-in-abuja

http://weeklytrust.com.ng/index.php/around-about/12973-abuja-s-slum-where-houses-are-built-on-pit-toilets

Need more I have more
Walahi you have no shame grin grin grin grin grin, you resorted to posting 2006 article to prove a point? Where in my post did I mention that there is no slum in Nigeria? But the shame is when majority of the dwellers live there. 80% of accra( the only city in ghana, others are town) live in slum. There is no way more than 20% residents of major Nigerian city would live in slum. Shame on your corrupt politicians.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2013
boron10:
Walahi you have no shame grin grin grin grin grin, you resorted to posting 2006 article to prove a point? Where in my post did I mention that there is no slum in Nigeria? But the shame is when majority of the dwellers live there. 80% of accra( the only city in ghana, others are town) live in slum. There is no way more than 20% residents of major Nigerian city would live in slum. Shame on your corrupt politicians.

Has the situation changed. 11 million of lagos pop representing 75% of the pop lives in slums. This is 2013, I have more if you need it

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/editorial/item/21436-lagos-and-its-slum-population.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6355269.stm
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2013
boron10:
DESPITE THEIR VERY TINY LAND MASS AND POPULATION.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:20am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Has the situation changed. 11 million of lagos pop representing 75% of the pop lives in slums. This is 2013, I have more if you need it

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/editorial/item/21436-lagos-and-its-slum-population.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6355269.stm
COMPARE IT TO THE 80% OF THE POPULATION IN ACCRA WHO LIVES IN SLUMS,
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2013
danielonyisi: LET ME EVEN ASK, HOW MANY SATELLITE DO GAAAYNA HAVE?
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:23am On Dec 28, 2013
danielonyisi: COMPARE IT TO THE 80% OF THE POPULATION IN ACCRA WHO LIVES IN SLUMS,

Provide different source other than the one from Ghana web.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:24am On Dec 28, 2013
@jiggaman, HOW MANY SATELLITE DOES GAAYNAA HAVE,NAME THEM
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:28am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Provide different source other than the one from Ghana web.
THIS IS NOT GHANAWEB O

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2013
danielonyisi: @jiggaman, HOW MANY SATELLITE DOES GAAYNAA HAVE,NAME THEM

Don't know I will research it and get back to you.

Does Nigeria having five foreign made satelite keep the light on in Nigeria, does it help the 70% of Nigerians who live on a dollar a day.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:30am On Dec 28, 2013
danielonyisi: THIS IS NOT GHANAWEB O

Again same reports from a different website. Can you provide a article from a non Ghanaian website and let's make it different article while you are at it.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Again same reports from a different website. Can you provide a article from a non Ghanaian website and let's make it different article while you are at it.
HAHAHAHA. USE.LESS EXCUSES. SO YOU MEAN ALL YOUR WEBSITES ARE USE.LESS?
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Does Nigeria having five foreign made satelite keep the light on in Nigeria, does it help the 70% of Nigerians who live on a dollar a day.
POINT OF CORRECTION,NIGERIA HAVE 4 FOREIGN MADE SATELLITES AND 1 NIGERIAN-MADE SATELLITE ORBITING SINCE 2011
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2013
danielonyisi: HAHAHAHA. USE.LESS EXCUSES. SO YOU MEAN ALL YOUR WEBSITES ARE USE.LESS?

The article you are posting are from npp and NDC ran media and the story changes depending who is in power. Provide an article from a neutral media preferably a foreign one. Whether african, American, Asian or European as long as it is not from a Ghanaian ran website.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

SHAME TO YOU.YOU DONT KNOW IF YOUR COUNTRY HAVE SATELLITE
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:40am On Dec 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

The article you are posting are from npp and NDC ran media and the story changes depending who is in power. Provide an article from a neutral media preferably a foreign one. Whether african, American, Asian or European as long as it is not from a Ghanaian ran website.
THIS IS NOT A GAAYNAIN WEBSITE O
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHKWAME1: 9:46am On Dec 28, 2013
loswhite: Foolish op. Did they force u to go to Ghana or u tell anybody b4 u travel. Abeg cum back home jor. U utilize 360000 yearly for electricity bills meaning u are constantly using air condition and other powerful equipment yet u r still talking nonsense. Your fake story or confession don't even make sense
Posts from objective Nigerians like you always make me fight with my compatriots when they refer to all Nigerians as walking criminals.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHKWAME1: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2013
Wale112:

In any positive aspect. The first time i witness stable electricity in my life was in Ghana. Im not coming to naija again. God bless Ghana, Nigeria jagajaga
Well Apparantely, you aint the only person.

Re: General South Africa Visa
Enquiries

jamescyril:
Hi peeps , I need Ɣ☺ur help. I have someone who needs to send ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ visit letter to south africa and she is a citizen.
How does she go about the letter? Is it from the embassy she needs to visit or
pls jst give ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ a directive.
Option 2: I have an agent who said he can get ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ the visa 3 months multiple entry at the lagos embassy. Charging ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥
150k and would only pay the visa initial fee of 18 and pay the 150k when the visa
is out. Pls I need advice cos this м̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ first
time. Have only used м̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ passport in
Ghana where I skuled..do Ʊ think this
would b an advantage cos м̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ passport containts ghana residence permit wit pleny stamps....pls help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ and Godbless Ɣ☺u. I need this visa by all means...Thanks...don't hve much money.

https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/73#20363246
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHKWAME1: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

It is true that electricity is always on,
but we pay dearly for it. In a three-
bedroom flat occupied by four of us,
we utilize about N360,000 yearly on
electricity.
I guess you forgot to tell your compatriots that, you use your aircondition 24/7 huh? I don't blame you sha, you hardly get electricity in Nigeria. We in Ghana(just like in any other civilised country) practice energy management.

♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

"This won't have been much of a
load but for the inconsiderate
actions of our Ghanian business
partners, in my opinion, which are
to oppress we Nigerians.

Typical Nigerian always have problem following laws. For how long will we(Ghana) keep telling you guys that petty trading(table top business) is reserved for Ghanaians? Its the law in Ghana, and we won't buckle under pressure. Indeed, until the latter part of this year, any foreigner who wanted to trade in businesses reserved for Ghanaians had to pay $300,000(three hundred thousand) to GIPC, but we revised it upwards to $1million, because your government was puting pressure on us to reduce it.
Andyblaze:
It is terrible to imagine that while some people complain that they don't have enough money to send back home from Europe,Asia,American after expenses, you make same complaint from a country like Ghana.

Hmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2013
danielonyisi: THIS IS NOT A GAAYNAIN WEBSITE O

Come on dude is that what nigerian education have been reduced to. You can't even compile a simple research. Did you check the source of this article. It is ghanaweb. Do y'all do any research in Nigerian schools
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by boron10(m): 9:48am On Dec 28, 2013
Time to unfollow this thread. It is becoming more boring by the minute. Goodbye Ghanaian brothers. It was fun seeing you guys pouring out your emotions to defend your country even when the defense was devoid of meaningful Ghana achievement.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:49am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

http://www.myvisionradio.com/2013/05/15/ghana-launches-a-satellite-into-space-for-the-first-time/

http://www.myvisionradio.com/2013/05/15/ghana-launches-a-satellite-into-space-for-the-first-time/
CAN YOU IMAGINE. LAUNCHING A MINIATURE COKE CAN SIZE SATELLITE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THEIR LIFE. WHEN NIGERIA ALREADY HAVE 5 ADVANCED SATELLITE ORBITING
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:51am On Dec 28, 2013
boron10: Time to unfollow this thread. It is becoming more boring by the minute. Goodbye Ghanaian brothers. It was fun seeing you guys pouring out your emotions to defend your country even when the defense was devoid of meaningful Ghana achievement.

Goodnight bro, y'all better come correct next time. Like otumfour said Ghanaians know Nigeria and Nigerians better than any other country.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2013
danielonyisi: CAN YOU IMAGINE. LAUNCHING A MINIATURE COKE CAN SIZE SATELLITE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THEIR LIFE. WHEN NIGERIA ALREADY HAVE 5 ADVANCED SATELLITE ORBITING

The only advance one would be the Chinese built ones. I saw the so call drones Nigerians built. Tnx to the Chinese you have satires.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Come on dude is that what nigerian education have been reduced to. You can't even compile a simple research. Did you check the source of this article. It is ghanaweb. Do y'all do any research in Nigerian schools
LOOL,OMG YOU ARE EXPECTING OTHER COUNTRY WEBSITE TO START PUBLISHING WHAT IS NOT ON YOUR WEBSITE? ARTICLES ARE TAKEN FROM THE COUNTRIES WEBSITE. GHANAWEB IS GAAYNAS BIGGEST WEBSITE
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by danielonyisi(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

The only advance one would be the Chinese built ones. I saw the so call drones Nigerians built. Tnx to the Chinese you have satires.
IN THE NEXT 500YEARS GAAAYNA CANT DREAM OF BUILDING DRONES
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Andyblaze: 10:01am On Dec 28, 2013
GH^KWAME:

Hmmmmmmmmm!
I do not intend to degrade Ghana in any form. angry angry

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by DOYEN003: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
One reason why Nigeria still fail in developing is because Nigeria is filled n ruled by people like you guys who do not think and see the need to develop but argue without contructive points

We are a country blessed with intelligent and hard working people, abundant resources that can make us the richest country in Africa. We have everything it takes to be one of the greatest country in the world yet we are still struggling to catch up with the reality... Ghana is doing everything to make to the top best economy in africa.

I was opportuned to live in ghana for couple of years and I can't help but appreciate the way this people are trying to make life comfortable for themselves, ensuring that their citizens get the best of what is obtainable in a present day democratic society. From good education(a public secondary school graduate in Nigeria can't go head to head with a ghanaian public secondary school grad) to good legal system and infrastructure, Good health care system and importantly, energy and infrastructure facilities. Today, ghana is the destination for Foreign Direct investment, inter-government partnership and currently the safest country for foreigners thanks to their high level of ssecurity and a law protecting foreigners.

In terms of economy, Ghana is trying to break out from the vicious cycle of poverty, making laws that protect citizens businesses from the claws of foreigners so today you can't just come into Ghana and set up business because you think you are smart. Talk about the devaluation and re- denomination of their currency, you can just walk into ghana with few nairas expecting to have huge cedis for business... NO.

I think you also need to put in check the realities of development, things won't be as easy as they used to be. Ghana is developing and if Nigeria is not fast enough, they will catch up. Remember they discovered their oil, they have functional refineries, good electricity.

When it comes to tourist sites and destinations in west africa. Ghana is also a nice place to enjoy your vacation. They ensure they kept the old memories and develop the new ones.... Had fun watching live elephants and wildlife in ghana....

I am a proud Nigeria but being sentimental about realities is not my thing. Good day.

3 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by DOYEN003: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
One reason why Nigeria still fail in developing is because Nigeria is filled n ruled by people like you guys who do not think and see the need to develop but argue without contructive points

We are a country blessed with intelligent and hard working people, abundant resources that can make us the richest country in Africa. We have everything it takes to be one of the greatest country in the world yet we are still struggling to catch up with the reality... Ghana is doing everything to make to the top best economy in africa.

I was opportuned to live in ghana for couple of years and I can't help but appreciate the way this people are trying to make life comfortable for themselves, ensuring that their citizens get the best of what is obtainable in a present day democratic society. From good education(a public secondary school graduate in Nigeria can't go head to head with a ghanaian public secondary school grad) to good legal system and infrastructure, Good health care system and importantly, energy and infrastructure facilities. Today, ghana is the destination for Foreign Direct investment, inter-government partnership and currently the safest country for foreigners thanks to their high level of ssecurity and a law protecting foreigners.

In terms of economy, Ghana is trying to break out from the vicious cycle of poverty, making laws that protect citizens businesses from the claws of foreigners so today you can't just come into Ghana and set up business because you think you are smart. Talk about the devaluation and re- denomination of their currency, you can just walk into ghana with few nairas expecting to have huge cedis for business... NO.

I think you also need to put in check the realities of development, things won't be as easy as they used to be. Ghana is developing and if Nigeria is not fast enough, they will catch up. Remember they discovered their oil, they have functional refineries, good electricity.

When it comes to tourist sites and destinations in west africa. Ghana is also a nice place to enjoy your vacation. They ensure they kept the old memories and develop the new ones.... Had fun watching live elephants and wildlife in ghana....

I am a proud Nigerian but being sentimental about realities is not my thing. Good day.

3 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Olawaleslimfit(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
PetroDolla2: Hahahahaha nigayrians? Bvllsh1t country inhabited by azzholes and thieving scvmbags grin
Such a miserable ,dirty stinking place grin

mumugerians don’t believe in toilet paper. Instead, they use wipe their azz with their left hands! grin
6-year-old girls are eligible for marriage in sh1tnigeria cool
And they breed unhindered, like pigs grin. The mumus will have 10 children when they hardly have enough to feed themselves- thereby breeding robbers, pr0stitutes, vagabonds etc
Hahahaha no wonder sh1tnigeria is a primitive sh1thole run by sh1tmongering twats- a dsytonian sh1thole!

There are no words to describe sh1tnigeria grin grin grin
wetin dis gay they talk, u sef wan make we knw say u dey dere #oponu
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHKWAME1: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Jigga_man101:

As you can see it is the same story from that last article. You can't be this stupid, providing the same identical article from different website does not make it a different source. It also beefing political groups npp and NDC and their media spreading those rumors.
Go through this and see where Ghana is rank and where Nigeria is ranked.
http://www.transparency.org/cpi2013/results
Lol! The story says Perceived most corrupt country. Since when did perception become a reality?.... Well, many objective Nigerians always make comparison between Ghana and Nigeria, and most of these comparisons don't favour them, and so to counter this balance, the frustrated bigots try in vain to bring down the image of the motherland, but not to worry, because comments like the one below will always be on the net.

Re: Ban Ibo-killer

naijaking1:
FFK, I see say that was your soft spot.
Don't worry, true democracy will
come to Nigeria one day, when it
does, Nigerian wouldn't mind whether
the governor of Lagos is Igbo,
Yoruba or Hausa, same with
Enugu or PH, or Kaduna or Abuja.
Then, we would have advanced in all
educational realms and there would
no need for people to travel to Ghana
to get simple psychiatric treatments
Say Amen to that!
https://www.nairaland.com/1569536/ban-ibo-killer/2#20502792

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Dmisus: 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
This thread reeks of hatred.
@Nigerians, we need to get our acts together and worry less about all negativity.
Truth is we need focus and probably a revolution

#ProudlyNaiJa

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Black Friday At Shoprite: Nigerians Struggle To Buy Goods / Photos Of MC Oluomo's Three Wives / 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.