Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858599 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by njel(f): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2014
Auntie efosa, how many inches did u measure from the waist in order to shape the hip. Pls how do i cut the sleeve of a dress so that it puffs very well at the shoulder, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by babybird82(f): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
EFOSAVAL: You can get it at 13 yaya abatan street ogba Lagos.its a good book for you.some of my teachings are from Alison smith series coz of the clear explanations on it.

Thanks Efosa for the wonderful work you have been doing here. I am a novice, just got my sewing machine and i am ready to roll. I hope i catch up real fast.

Regarding the book, there is another one you mentioned in another thread also by Alison Smith. Which of the two books will be best for a beginner or do you advice i get both? I am thinking some of what is in both books might be a repeat. The two books are "The sewing book" and "Dressmaking".

Thanks for your time.

Also, happy belated wedding anniversary. I believe we share same date if its July 25th. Remain Blessed.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by shalomress: 10:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
pls i ave just joined but i ave seriosly being followin all along,i dont know if you ave taught anything like princess dart with breast cut
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by shalomress: 10:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
ma pls i mean breast cut,
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by TOYNEX(f): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2014
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2014
@OP...hop all is well?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oluwaphemiee(m): 2:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
I've away on dis thread for somtyms nw nope I didn't miss much
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by goldentemmy(f): 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Aunty Efosa pls say sumtin cos u've nt been responding for a while.Hope all is well cos am really worried here o.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tushmum(f): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
Thank God I stumbled on this Thread.God bless you Madam Efosa ijn,Just got my sewing machine and am so so eager to learn,God bless you and other contributors!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
Few.....few....few ...that's me dusting the cobwebs grin grin.hummmm! Yet again I apologize for taking so long a time from here.been supper busy with life.but in all I am grateful to be here again. grin

Let me answer some questions.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 6:19am On Aug 17, 2014
Ma could you please repost the tutorial on free/loose blouse and trousers?,, Thanks in advance ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2014
tushwitch: Ma could you please repost the tutorial on free/loose blouse and trousers?,, Thanks in advance ma

OK will soon wink

njel: Auntie efosa, how many inches did u measure from the waist in order to shape the hip. Pls how do i cut the sleeve of a dress so that it puffs very
well at the shoulder, thanks
I posted this b4 so I will just explain further.

EFOSAVAL:
my waist is 36 and my hip is 42.that's 6 inch out of my hip measurement.so I am going to take the excess out on the waist as dart on both blocks.each block will have 3 inch as dart.

meaning that each dart will be 1.5 when you multiply that by 4 you get 6 which is the excess we took out from the waist to shape the hip.

Now your sleeve question
Using the diagram below the higher u make or cut from the shoulder part to the armpit part the more puffs u would get when sewing

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2014
babybird82:

Thanks Efosa for the wonderful work you have been doing here. I am a novice, just got my sewing machine and i am ready to roll. I hope i catch up real fast.

Regarding the book, there is another one you mentioned in another thread also by Alison Smith. Which of the two books will be best for a beginner or do you advice i get both? I am thinking some of what is in both books might be a repeat. The two books are "The sewing book" and "Dressmaking".

Thanks for your time.

Also, happy belated wedding anniversary. I believe we share same date if its July 25th. Remain Blessed.

Its the updated version. There are some topics on this that's not on the previous one.the first one was done 2009 the other 2 came as extract from the 2009 edition in 2011.they are not as big as the first one

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2014
Then in 2012 this one we have now was made with more practical steps to sew things like skirts tops shirt dress jacket etc.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2014
Only fast people would get it.its actually still on ground because some people said I should keep it for them but they did not turn up to come and get it. angry I have just 2copies left.so if u interested its urs for just 6k.pls like I have said many times its not my book o.I dey help person sell am so biko don't come and price it from me as I have no power over the cost wink

And to those that have got it.hope u reading it. grin I might do a group book review on it soon.let's see how things go thou.wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mutoy(f): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Happy Sunday ma,

Please I need a copy of the book.I have sent chat via whataap.Thank you.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tushmum(f): 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Welcome Back Ma'am@Efosa..So so glad to have you back here!Can wait for your lectures to start.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
mutoy: Happy Sunday ma,

Please I need a copy of the book.I have sent chat via whataap.Thank you.

Yes got ur chat. smiley
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Tushmum: Welcome Back Ma'am@Efosa..So so glad to have you back here!Can wait for your lectures to start.

Thanks so much.its good to be back cheesy
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omozoba1(f): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Am sooooo glad uar back. We missed u a lot. Am so anxious on wot d nxt lecture will be on. I pray its sometin authentic oooo grin grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
Lol authentic ke grin grin grin cheesy u people will not kill me with laff grin

OK I talked about showing how to fix band on skirt. So I will start from there.

Now I decided to make a little skit for my daughter so I can use the pictures to explain

Its a gathered skirt by the way cheesy now lets do this.

First her measurement

Waist 17
Length 11
Fullness 36

Its gonna look like this but a mini version.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
So first I cut out my 36 fullness plus 2inch for zip.by 10 inches.(remember I said its for my baby.for yours it will be much bigger than this) wink

or 10 by 36 +2inch=38,
when I place the fabric on fold I will have 10 by 19 on fold.

I also intend adding lining to it so I cut my lining smaller than the main fabric for the skirt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
Glad u ar back ma. Seriously following!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:02am On Aug 19, 2014
Cool follow with ur sew along dear. wink I am back and serious too.and I get encouraged to post when I see u doing it too cheesy

Now I iron both edges of the band with the airstay on it.
After this I sew the gathered fabric and lining together.then I adf the zip
Finally i place the band on the gathered skirt and lining and sew together

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:08am On Aug 19, 2014
When add the band make sure u sewing on the flip or back side coz you gonna turn it to the front side when u donr

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by babybird82(f): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Only fast people would get it.its actually still on ground because some people said I should keep it for them but they did not turn up to come and get it. angry I have just 2copies left.so if u interested its urs for just 6k.pls like I have said many times its not my book o.I dey help person sell am so biko don't come and price it from me as I have no power over the cost wink

And to those that have got it.hope u reading it. grin I might do a group book review on it soon.let's see how things go thou.wink

Please i am interested. Thanks.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2014
Its at our school dear.u can come get it or send some one
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by babybird82(f): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2014
EFOSAVAL: Its at our school dear.u can come get it or send some one

Okay, thanks. Let me check your address on your site.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
babybird82:

Okay, thanks. Let me check your address on your site.

Oh posted the add earlier. Its 13 yaya abatan street ogba lagos
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
OK back to class...........I will post the zip part soon hope u have started urs too or at least thought about the fabric u want to use for the project.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by noncy21: 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
Pls how many yards of fabric can one use for dis skirt.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
noncy21: Pls how many yards of fabric can one use for dis skirt.

Depending on how full u want it thou.but u should have at least 1& half yard to do this for you.u can gather up to 40- 50 yards and more if the need arises. But if u have to work with so much fabric,then u want to consider the type of fabric and the occation its ment for.eg wedding dresses.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.