Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (860230 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Glamourprincezz: 5:48pm On Jan 02, 2015
Happy New Year everyone, its gonna b a glorious one.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ozedresources .sorry dear I can't even find the page u got this from.lets do it this way send me the post number
This particular post is post number 833.when u click the reply button u will get the post number. Then send me a WhatsApp on 08096577157 so that I don't make the group go back.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2015
grin grin cheesy ok class our next project is here. It's a full flare dress perfect for relaxing on weekends shopping or for hanging out.i picked this dress coz it's very easy to make and hopefully by next week ending we should have finished it.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:53am On Jan 03, 2015
Fabrics needed is any type of lace.half yard if u want yours with out sleeve,half and a quarter yard if u want yours with sleeve.then 2 to 3 yards of flowering satin for the flare part.
We would also need 1 button or 1 zip depending on the one u prefer.

Measurement areas are

Back
Neck
Upper bust length
Upper bust circumference
Sleeve length
Arm circumference
length of dress

Note that you can use any materials as the flare part ankara chiffon satin etc just make sure the upper part is made of lace.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by anytaij: 5:51am On Jan 03, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
Ozedresources .sorry dear I can't even find the page u got this from.lets do it this way send me the post number
This particular post is post number 833.when u click the reply button u will get the post number. Then send me a WhatsApp on 08096577157 so that I don't make the group go back.

Val gudmor and Hapi New year to you and evryone here . I think where shes trying to ask d question frm is rm page 21 "u knw we re on page 26 now .
Step 2. On that panel identify where the waist hip and half length would be and mark it. 

Now its time to place the measurement for the waist hip as well add our seam allowance to them all.the seam is 1.5inch.the hip is 7.3 I will just approximate it to 7.5 

now 7.5+1.5= 9 inch on the hip

Waist is 6.1+1.5 =7.5
Remember I said you should mark the half length too which is 18 (from the waist to the knee)

On the half length line identify the center.as you can see I marked it with my pen.ensure u are at the center o.

Now out of the 24 I am going to mark out 9 inches at the center of the 24.this process will be done at the knee and at the waist.next I link them together knee and waist

That's what the above diagram is depicting.
Next we link the knee to the base of the circumference . (9 inch from the center knee to the 24 in at the base)
The shaded part is where I will cut out
Thats d pic u used den.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by soret: 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
I made this from the last project

3 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by pishon: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
Happy new year to Efosal and everyone in the house.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ozedresources: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
anytaij:

Val gudmor and Hapi New year to you and evryone here . I think where shes trying to ask d question frm is rm page 21 "u knw we re on page 26 now .
Step 2. On that panel identify where the waist hip and half length would be and mark it. 
Now its time to place the measurement for the waist hip as well add our seam allowance to them all.the seam is 1.5inch.the hip is 7.3 I will just approximate it to 7.5 
Waist is 6.1+1.5 =7.5
Remember I said you should mark the half length too which is 18 (from the waist to the knee)
On the half length line identify the center.as you can see I marked it with my pen.ensure u are at the center o.
Now out of the 24 I am going to mark out 9 inches at the center of the 24.this process will be done at the knee and at the waist.next I link them together knee and waist
Next we link the knee to the base of the circumference . (9 inch from the center knee to the 24 in at the base)
Thats d pic u used den.
anytaij:

Waist is 6.1+1.5 =7.5
Thats d pic u used den.

Thanks anytaij, that 9 inches is confusing but if u know it can u explain it?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tenajtek(f): 3:48am On Jan 04, 2015
Good day mariposa01 antyaij and all followers of this thread. Please can someone help me out on how to position my dart? Thank you.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hi every one.. grin
Hope u had a great day. cheesy
Happy new year pishon grin
Oh.....very lovely white outfit @soret wink

Anytaij thanks for looking for the post for ozedresources.

OK the 9 inch is confusing you.@ozedresources.
Am so sorry class but it seems I have to go back.pls bear with me. smiley
My hip is 44
Divide that by 6
44÷6=7.3

I approximate to 7.5(this means I will have 6 of this)
Then I added 1.5 to the 7.5=9
This was how I got the 9

On the circumference part.I used 24inch
So at the center of the 24 inch I cut out my 9 inch straight from the waist down to the knee area or the half length area.

So look at the diagram again
The waist part on the panel is 9 inch (later I reduced it to my waist measurement)
The knee part also is 9
The circumference part is 24
Hope u get it now wink

I do understand the fact that sometimes some are not able to catch up with the class tutorials and might need extral explanation but in consideration for others who want to move faster that's why I put up my whatsapp number so they can ask me on their own and not take every one back.
Please when the class has moved on on a project let's use the whatsapp 08096577157 or the bbm 7904911C for further explanation

Seems like we are not ready for the next project yet.so am gonna wait till I get 5-10 " let's go" from the house here before I will start the tutorial on it. wink

Just type let's go
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by otonzy(f): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2015
[Let's go,I'm waiting. quote author=EFOSAVAL post=29496164]Hi every one.. grin
Hope u had a great day. cheesy
Happy new year pishon grin
Oh.....very lovely white outfit @soret wink

Anytaij thanks for looking for the post for ozedresources.

OK the 9 inch is confusing you.@ozedresources.
Am so sorry class but it seems I have to go back.pls bear with me. smiley
My hip is 44
Divide that by 6
44÷6=7.3

I approximate to 7.5(this means I will have 6 of this)
Then I added 1.5 to the 7.5=9
This was how I got the 9

On the circumference part.I used 24inch
So at the center of the 24 inch I cut out my 9 inch straight from the waist down to the knee area or the half length area.

So look at the diagram again
The waist part on the panel is 9 inch (later I reduced it to my waist measurement)
The knee part also is 9
The circumference part is 24
Hope u get it now wink

I do understand the fact that sometimes some are not able to catch up with the class tutorials and might need extral explanation but in consideration for others who want to move faster that's why I put up my whatsapp number so they can ask me on their own and not take every one back.
Please when the class has moved on on a project let's use the whatsapp 08096577157 or the bbm 7904911C for further explanation

Seems like we are not ready for the next project yet.so am gonna wait till I get 5-10 " let's go" from the house here before I will start the tutorial on it. wink

Just type let's go[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ademisgirl: 7:47am On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Patajun: 8:16am On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by lobel: 10:51am On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go dere
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mamatochi: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Happy new year madam EFosa. may the good lord continue to bless and enrich you, IJN .....amen . LET'S GOOOOOOO....
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
Happy New year Val
Happy New year everybody. let's go
@ Val, when will ur dvd be ready?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jopac: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
Anty Efosa thanks for the selfless work u r doing here. Although I am a silent student but I Av learnt a lot from you.
plsssss lets goooooo.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Kickair(f): 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go there
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bimpez: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
let's go
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hi ladies, I am finally able to upload my dress. It was for a client so I cropped out her face for privacy purposes.
The first picture is the skirt after cutting.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2015
Oh yeah....

LET'S GO!!!!

Ladies please show your marvelous outfits...ah beg now grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
tenajtek:
Good day mariposa01 antyaij and all followers of this thread. Please can someone help me out on how to position my dart? Thank you.

Usually I place my darts 7 to 8 inches apart if for a skirt. If it's a blouse, I try to place it under the bust so it would be about 7-9 inches depending on the measurements. For me it's usually 7 inches. So on the fold it would be 3.5 to 4.5 inches. Always try to place your darts under the bust because it enhances it and also shapes the waist.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by iclass: 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go o!

Can I use a stretchy lace fabric with ankara or with flowery satin?
Thanks
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by iclass: 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
mariposa01:

Usually I place my darts 7 to 8 inches apart if for a skirt. If it's a blouse, I try to place it under the bust so it would be about 7-9 inches depending on the measurements. For me it's usually 7 inches. So on the fold it would be 3.5 to 4.5 inches. Always try to place your darts under the bust because it enhances it and also shapes the waist.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Glamourprincezz: 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
Let's go
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:36am On Jan 06, 2015
Oh dear shocked shocked grin cheesy am so tripping grin I got more than enough let's go from you all.thanks for being there coz this wouldn't be fun if I am alone here so thanks to u all.yes we will move on now grin
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:39am On Jan 06, 2015
iclass:
Let's go o!

Can I use a stretchy lace fabric with ankara or with flowery satin?
Thanks

Yes you can use it on either fabric just make sure the colours compliment each other. U can also post pictures of the fabric here. wink
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:02am On Jan 06, 2015
mariposa01:

Hope this helps

Mariposa01 thanks for answering the dart question for for tenajke.I missed it the other day i was online
And great job u did the lace too.well done sis.may god continue to bless us all.and 2015 will be a year of amazing difference to us all. wink

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tenajtek(f): 3:26am On Jan 06, 2015
Thank you so much mariposa01. It did help and thank God I class also benefited from the answer. Well done lady Efosaval.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by BHM01: 7:23am On Jan 06, 2015
New year student let's go dere
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ugolistic(f): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2015
Am back........let's gooooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.