Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (859712 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jopac: 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
Yay. I practised it using pattern and i got it. Thanks Ma.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by barryT20(f): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thank you ma
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by pearlsluv: 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thank you efosa. I have learnt alot and still learning from you. You have helped me alot. am a novice in sewing but u changed my status. more grease to ur elbow. Here is one of my works

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
tushwitch:
my question is, does the folding determine how full the skirt would be?..... for e.g skater skirts, how many times would it be folded?...4?,5?,6?

Yes and no.you can fold into 2.4 or 6 and still cut put a very small flare

This is why i said no.actually the amount of fabric you have and want to use for the flear will determine how full or small the flare will be.

pearlsluv:
Thank you
efosa. I have learnt alot and still learning from you. You have helped me alot. am a novice in sewing but u changed my status. more grease to ur elbow. Here is one of my works

You're welcome
Am so happy for you hun grin cheesy seriously. Pls keep it up.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by jazmeen: 6:46am On Jan 24, 2015
[quote author=pearlsluv post=30072668]Thank you efosa. I have learnt alot and still learning from you. You have helped me alot. am a novice in sewing but u changed my status. more grease to ur elbow. Here is one of my works pls can youvxplain how cut the upper part,the dart and all.thank you!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hi everyone grin grin
Hope u had a fabulous weekend.
Well here is what our last project looks like on me.i rocked it to work today.hope this makes u do yours. wink grin

We would soon be starting another project soon.so get ready o.

10 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Debzdee: 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
Very lovely ma! Pls what length of fabric do I need to get dress cos d one I cut is short, I can o
nly make it a top instead and its 2yards by 60. Thanks!
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by estyy2(f): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2015
@debzdee,u'll nid 4yrds and wen cutting u won't cut in a circular format. U'll have to cut dd front seperate&back seperate

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Debzdee: 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
@estyy2 thanks alot. Will try it
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toluh(f): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
estyy2:
@debzdee,u'll nid 4yrds and wen cutting u won't cut in a circular format. U'll have to cut dd front seperate&back seperate
Please could you help explain in details How to do cut for the longer one.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Temm(f): 9:41am On Jan 31, 2015
To make ur sewing more fun, Get dis sewing machine @an affordable Price.
Singer Classic 23-Stitch Mechanical Sewing Machine
features a powerful motor and an extra-high sewing speed
(1,000 stitches per minute), allowing you to sew just about
anything. The heavy-duty metal interior frame and stainless
steel bed plate is rugged and durable enough to withstand
heavy usage. This 44S Singer heavy-duty sewing machine
includes an automatic needle threader with a top drop-in
bobbin. This can help you save time so that you can start on
your project sooner. It comes with 23 built-in stitches that
are useful for creating a variety of embellishments, as well
as standard stitching applications. This classic sewing
machine allows you to adjust the stitch width, density and
length, making it suitable for almost any project. Three
needle positions give you flexibility when sewing different
types of fabrics and materials. This Singer Classic 23-
Stitch Mechanical Sewing Machine comes with a variety of
accessories, such as a light for enhanced viewing.
The quick-start guide and instruction manual will help you set
up and use this appliance quickly.
Singer Classic 23-Stitch Heavy-Duty Mechanical
Sewing Machine, 44S:
Heavy-duty metal interior frame
Stainless steel bed plate
Extra-high sewing speed (1,000 stitches per minute)
Automatic needle threader with top drop-in bobbin
23 built-in stitches
Stitch width, length and density are fully adjustable
44S Singer heavy-duty sewing machine has three needle
positions
Includes sewing light, thread cutter, easy bobbin winding and
carry handle
Includes quick-start guide and instruction manual
Standard needles and Class 15 bobbins are used in this
machine

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by barryT20(f): 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
My 6pcs skirt

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by estyy2(f): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
toluh:

Please could you help explain in details How to do cut for the longer one.
Fold ur fabric on bias(triangular shape) measure ur neck&armhole, then for d high&low, frm d
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by estyy2(f): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
@toluh,
Fold your fabric on bias(triangular shape) measure your neck&armhole, then for d high&low, from d middle left,cut as low as u would want it to be. See rough sketch attached

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ccaramel(f): 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
Debzdee:
Very lovely ma! Pls what length of fabric do I need to get dress cos d one I cut is short, I can o
nly make it a top instead and its 2yards by 60. Thanks!

You will cut a half circle by folding your fabric just once. Then join the sides. Cutting a full circle is actually too full for this style. Depends on your taste though. You will have a longer length this way. You need about 3-3.5 yards.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by onojemma: 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
How come you guys don't discuss how to sew/make male attires here?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Fosbas: 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Temm:
To make ur sewing more fun, Get dis sewing machine @an affordable Price.
Singer Classic 23-Stitch Mechanical Sewing Machine
features a powerful motor and an extra-high sewing speed
(1,000 stitches per minute), allowing you to sew just about
anything. The heavy-duty metal interior frame and stainless
steel bed plate is rugged and durable enough to withstand
heavy usage. This 44S Singer heavy-duty sewing machine
includes an automatic needle threader with a top drop-in
bobbin. This can help you save time so that you can start on
your project sooner. It comes with 23 built-in stitches that
are useful for creating a variety of embellishments, as well
as standard stitching applications. This classic sewing
machine allows you to adjust the stitch width, density and
length, making it suitable for almost any project. Three
needle positions give you flexibility when sewing different
types of fabrics and materials. This Singer Classic 23-
Stitch Mechanical Sewing Machine comes with a variety of
accessories, such as a light for enhanced viewing.
The quick-start guide and instruction manual will help you set
up and use this appliance quickly.
Singer Classic 23-Stitch Heavy-Duty Mechanical
Sewing Machine, 44S:
Heavy-duty metal interior frame
Stainless steel bed plate
Extra-high sewing speed (1,000 stitches per minute)
Automatic needle threader with top drop-in bobbin
23 built-in stitches
Stitch width, length and density are fully adjustable
44S Singer heavy-duty sewing machine has three needle
positions
Includes sewing light, thread cutter, easy bobbin winding and
carry handle
Includes quick-start guide and instruction manual
Standard needles and Class 15 bobbins are used in this
machine
pls can the machine do embroidery, how much is it?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toluh(f): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
estyy2:
@toluh,
Fold your fabric on bias(triangular shape) measure your neck&armhole, then for d high&low, from d middle left,cut as low as u would want it to be. See rough sketch attached
Thank you so much. God bless you.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by estyy2(f): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Yw dear&i hope u understand it?
toluh:

Thank you so much. God bless you.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toluh(f): 2:37pm On Feb 03, 2015
estyy2:
Yw dear&i hope u understand it?
Yes, thank you. I will do it this weekend and upload the picture.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tobybuk(f): 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2015
Madam Val, please when next are you having a workshop?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
tobybuk:
Madam Val, please when next are you having a workshop?

Really grin so you would like to attend? That would be great. Call 08096577157.its usually the last Friday of every month.

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
In the picture above we made the students do a talk show .We made them project into the feature to see them selves as designers ,doing fashion shows all over the world. From Lagos to Paris, London fashion week, New York fashion show, Mercedes fashion week etc.

Still make believe o. Now they are called on to give an interview to tell us the audience (fellow students) what they have been up to lately grin.

It was so much fun and we all enjoyed it as if It were real. I was so trilled at the stuffs they came up with.

The good thing about this exercise is that it prepares the students for what's to come when they become designers.they may be called on at any time to give interviews so they would be ready for it. grin At Valisimo fashion school we are more interested in developing not just sewing skills but brand management in our students.

When you stop seeing it as just a cut and sew business then the dream of becoming a popular designer will become a quick reality.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:08am On Feb 06, 2015
Hello every one.been waiting for us to post our finished jobs grin. Well done to those who did theirs and I hope you were able to rock it somewhere like I did. grin in fact I was in the market shopping for fabrics the same day I posted the picture of our project and about 3 ladies at different time intervals on that same day recognised me grin saying I saw this outfit on nairaland today so you are efosa val grin.it felt good honestly.shout out to you guys for recognising me wink

So what will our next project be?

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2015
I have got good news o grin grin grin

[size=32pt] Sewing Book Now Available[/size]

And it's cheaper than before. grin

In fact we have 2 books for sale. Details later
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by jazmeen: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2015
Ma pls which of the books and how much are they goin for
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Tushmum(f): 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
We r waiting for the details Coachee
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by phauxy: 12:21am On Feb 07, 2015
Pls ma,can i suggest we make dis style as our next project pls i want to learn how to make trousers .tnx

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by phauxy: 12:36am On Feb 07, 2015
The previous pix ws a mistake,dis
is d pix i wnted sending

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 9:54am On Feb 08, 2015
I vote we make trouser too....or a playsuit

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.