Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) - Fashion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) (858776 Views)

Run Way Photos From Valisimo Fashion Show.Enjoy / Lagos Party...........get Inspration On Styles To Sew.......(valisimo Fashions) / Fashion School Practicals......enjoy The Pics (from Valisimo Fashion School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by mariposa01: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
[quote author=anytaij post=29849894][/quote]

https://www.nairaland.com/1273492/sew-along-thread-sewing-enthusiasts

Onari started the above thread and sadly passed away recently. She is greatly missed because a lot of us learned so much from her. I still go to her thread for tips from time to time.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by anytaij: 7:32am On Jan 17, 2015
mariposa01:

https://www.nairaland.com/1273492/sew-along-thread-sewing-enthusiasts

Onari started the above thread and sadly passed away recently. She is greatly missed because a lot of us learned so much from her. I still go to her thread for tips from time to time.
Woow shocked so sad Chia death RIP Onari cry embarassed
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by kkjoy(f): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
my fabric
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by pishon: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Yes! Onari I still have her picture on my phone I can never forget her she inspired me a lot, I'm doing fashion designing today cause she encouraged me never to give up on my dream when I wanted to. Thank God Efosal started this too we never knew onari won't stayed long on sew along thread, she is doing this as a legacy cause we would have long forgotten about online training I'm sure onari will be smilling in her grave now. I'm just so happy her lagacy leaves on God will contineu to bless u Efosal, this is ur project and its also onari's project

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bimbo12: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
This is a very great thread, wel done , i just stumbled on it and i Av to go and dust my machine where it was gathering dusts... Will post my work soon even though they are past projects
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by bimbo12: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
Don't know y its loading pictures, will keep trying

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by blessedqueen(f): 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Please house how do I go about piping around d neck of a blouse?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by missnigeria: 11:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
Nice
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toluh(f): 9:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
House Please help me, my sewing thread keeps snapping (breaking). How can I fix it? It's a butterfly sewing machine.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tapingil(m): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2015
toluh:
House Please help me, my sewing thread keeps snapping (breaking). How can I fix it? It's a butterfly sewing machine.

Change the needle..
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oduamine: 10:34am On Jan 20, 2015
Loosen the tension a bit
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by barryT20(f): 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Great job ma, well done. Waiting anxiously for d down part

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by omozoba1(f): 9:39am On Jan 21, 2015
toluh:
buy good threads,at least d ones sold for 30naira. Den oil ur machine. Loosen tension like she said.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by toluh(f): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Thank you all.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jopac: 7:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
Madam Efosa pls try to finish the down part its taking too long, i av refreshed dis thread a thousand times yet no update. We know you are busy but pls try to squeeze in sometime for us. The delay is killing this thread.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by winie(f): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Happy new year my sistas! Really missed the activities here. By His grace I shall join for the next project. Madam Efosal I hail.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:48am On Jan 22, 2015
Hi to all grin welcome to all new comers each each time I want to post (about 3 times now since my last post something else would just need argent attention that I have to do and that's how it's been. I am through with this project already in fact I made 3 of the style hopefully next week I shall find some days to rock them to work so I can send in the pictures.

Let me quickly go into the down part now.as for the
Question of pipping I pray I remember to take pictures if the process so I can explain better tomorrow
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 12:58am On Jan 22, 2015
First fold your fabric in 4 places.

Then we would use the measurement of the upper bust circumference to cut the radius. Since my fabric is placed on 4 fold this means I shall divide my measurements in to 4

Look at the diagram below. The lemon green line is the radius part where the skirt will be joined to the top.while the pink line is the circumference of the skirt under where the hem line would be .The Green line to the pink is the length of the skirt part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:10am On Jan 22, 2015
grin one of my projects b4 I joined it.

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2015
This is another diagram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tayben015(f): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
This is another diagram
Welldone ma for the selfless service,God bless you real good. This pics I'm posting may be of help to my fellow studentsm
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tayben015(f): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2015
tayben015:

Welldone ma for the selfless service,God bless you real good. This pics I'm posting may be of help to my fellow studentsm

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by cheries: 12:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
EFOSAVAL:
First fold your fabric in 4 places.

Then we would use the measurement of the upper bust circumference to cut the radius. Since my fabric is placed on 4 fold this means I shall divide my measurements in to 4

Look at the diagram below. The lemon green line is the radius part where the skirt will be joined to the top.while the pink line is the circumference of the skirt under where the hem line would be .The Green line to the pink is the length of the skirt part.
Well done, ma. I observed from the project picture, that the back is longer than the front but from this diagram, it's the length. Please ma, how do we now make the back to be longer than the front?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
The finished project

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
The second

1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jopac: 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Well done Ma. Pls i am confused too. The back is supposed to be longer than the front but its not so from the one u sew. Pls how can we make the back longer than the front.
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ccaramel(f): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
Jopac:
Well done Ma. Pls i am confused too. The back is supposed to be longer than the front but its not so from the one u sew. Pls how can we make the back longer than the front.

To make it shorter in front and longer in the back (high/low). Cut your smaller circle after cutting the hem circle. Open up the circle you cut, then fold again twice with one side shorter however you want. Then cut your smaller circle. There are other ways too but this is the easiest. See samples. Let me know if you understand. The style looks better in high low.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by ccaramel(f): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
You can also cut in an uneven angle like below pictures. You will be making the curve on a rectangle as opposed to a square. One side is longer than the other

1 Like

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by oduamine: 3:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
I still don't get it with the explanation of cutting the circle longer than the front
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by EFOSAVAL(f): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
oduamine:
I still don't get it with the explanation of cutting the circle longer than the front

grin Pele dear.

Ok another easy way is to place the skirt in 2 folds then simply reduce the length of the front part at the hem side .this will automatically increase the back

And thanks to all for your contributions. wink grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by tushwitch(f): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
my question is, does the folding determine how full the skirt would be?..... for e.g skater skirts, how many times would it be folded?...4?,5?,6?
Re: Let's Sew For Fun (**valisimo Fashion School Online Classroom**) by Jopac: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
EFOSAVAL:

grin Pele dear.

Ok another easy way is to place the skirt in 2 folds then simply reduce the length of the front part at the hem side .this will automatically increase the back

And thanks to all for your contributions. wink grin
Thanks Ma. I understand this better. I already know how to cut flare and with dis ur diagram it ll be easy to sew our project now. More grease to your elbow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (74) (Reply)

Pictures Of Various Ankara/kente Styles / Best Skin Lightening/toning Soap / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.