Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,268 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants (135985 Views)

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants / Nigerian Army DSSC And SCC 2013 Recruitment Is Out! / What Is The Difference Btw The Dssc And Ssc Of The Nigerian Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 8:48pm On Jul 17, 2014
kunlexyfred:
Why argue? I applied, was shortlisted and attended the selection board.
Sorry then. Biko, Dan Allah, ejoor.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by odeebee: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
Tstone1:
grin..i have a feeling this gonna be our year!!!

Amen its our year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
mimzy007: Naah last year even the selection board for Ssc was in KD, the only thing that happened in Markurdi was that Dssc spent their 1st 3 months of training there.
Alright sirs (including kunlexyfred)
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
poundsmaker: Bros, I didn't apply though, but I followed up the recruitment. NDA old site was for the ssc training venue not the venue for the selection board interview.
KD was the venue for last year's SSC man. I was there
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 18, 2014
One advise do all d test,except from x-ray(for health reasons) b4 going for d interview,so dat u cn correct wot needs to b corrected b4 geting dere,talking from experience,applied for regular course in 2011,som peeps were disqualified cos dey had hapatisis and for medical problems dat could have been corrected b4 dey got dere.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 2:34am On Jul 18, 2014
mkoabiola:
Bro,Na God hand e de ds year oooo.
If u on BB add me on 26766FEF,make we chat beta.
My broda, no bb oooooo na LG i dey use to connect for now. My bb don pafuka & i no get time for am for now.
I can‘t check my yahoo mail on phone but u can mail me on samson.babalola4u@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 2:36am On Jul 18, 2014
poundsmaker: Last year venue for dssc selection board interview took place at enugu while the ssc selection board interview took place at makurdi. So, I guess it would be the same venue this year.
But ibadan was use for d 2012, remember?
And for last yr ssc, na kaduna.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 4:10am On Jul 18, 2014
samobaba4u:
But ibadan was use for d 2012, remember?
And for last yr ssc, na kaduna.
Yeah, it was Ibadan in 2012
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by MCSlam: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
coolaustyne: Pls can the referee forms be signed by just one person?
. Seriously na only one referee I know: Howard Webb.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
odeebee:

Bros i hail oo. na speculation corps u apply for?
yes the guy applied for speculation corps. In line with global best practices to ensure that security of nigerians re guaranteed. They introduced the corp. His job is to speculate when boko ll strike, when it ll be over........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2014
I beg me no speculate again oo, anytime d list wan show, make em show, na so so we dey speculate last year. Army no get pattern wey dem dey follow self, na as dem like dem dey do
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ehissi(m): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

There was a thread on NL spun for an issue,
It had so many followers who didn't know what to do,
So they calculated, speculated & raised so many clues,
Till each one was sure that what they speculated as facts was true........

Moral of the rhyme? In the armed forces there's a saying; "assumption is a sin". I mean this thread has grown from hard facts to ball out assumptions. I won't be surprised if most of D officers handling the selection board (both regional & final) have even been released by their units; at a time when who is & isn't a member of the final board is a mystery in D Nigerian army, Nairalanders already knew when D first shortlist will come out. Na wa ooooooh!! See parade!!!! (that can only happen in a country like Nigeria).......lol

Senators slot? Please!!!!! Most lawmen I know don't know D meaning of slot; (slot as in where U buy original phones? Where is D slot?). Especially now at a time when Lit Gen. Minimah is trying to prove his worth as a COAS, is it d same he that will be issuing automatic slot? Definitely there will be those who will approach him with list of candidates for "special" consideration, that don't mean they have a slot. Since his appointment, morale, welfare has been on top; and his brutal frankness has paved D way for upgrades to D armoury of D army (one of D biggest issues that most people dont realise is a major constraint & that it can keep morale in D clouds for a long time)

Even veteran applicants admit that a few of the requirements have changed; so what makes U think D methods of selection won't?

Did anyone at least think that the Army is an agency of government & that D government is given to respect holidays', religious observances (like D Muslim fast going on right now) and that they know that it ain't wise putting Muslim officers or candidates who will be fasting at a disadvantage in a recruitment exercise?

D former COAS put D army through a whole lot of issues like ethnic bias, zero welfarism, low morale issues. The last thing they need is religious bias in recruitment in the face of D boko haram crisis & I can assure U d army will not be known for being religiously bias for any reason, mark my words........

As for D person who gave a testimony of how she entered D NAF (which is kinda like my turf); all of U forgot one major factor (and I thought there were veteran applicants who knew better). It's a lady's testimony; show me a picture of D lady & I will tell U exactly why see made it (not doubting God's power nor D fact Dat God is a factor in things like this). Any lady who is fairly gallant, good looking, and is "endowed" or preferably is a dependent of a personnel of D NAF or has a Godfather has D best chance of being in D airforce with ease so I am not surprised she got in. Its even more pronounced in NCO recruitment . U don't believe me,take a trip to any NAF base & examine D corporal below cadre or fresh set of female flying officers, its very Instructive.............
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by obtwice(m): 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
Being following u guys 4rm NA n NAF....niz 1 pips
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
ehissi: Hmmmmmmmmmm.........

There was a thread on NL spun for an issue,
It had so many followers who didn't know what to do,
So they calculated, speculated & raised so many clues,
Till each one was sure that what they speculated as facts was true........

Moral of the rhyme? In the armed forces there's a saying; "assumption is a sin". I mean this thread has grown from hard facts to ball out assumptions. I won't be surprised if most of D officers handling the selection board (both regional & final) have even been released by their units; at a time when who is & isn't a member of the final board is a mystery in D Nigerian army, Nairalanders already knew when D first shortlist will come out. Na wa ooooooh!! See parade!!!! (that can only happen in a country like Nigeria).......lol

Senators slot? Please!!!!! Most lawmen I know don't know D meaning of slot; (slot as in where U buy original phones? Where is D slot?). Especially now at a time when Lit Gen. Minimah is trying to prove his worth as a COAS, is it d same he that will be issuing automatic slot? Definitely there will be those who will approach him with list of candidates for "special" consideration, that don't mean they have a slot. Since his appointment, morale, welfare has been on top; and his brutal frankness has paved D way for upgrades to D armoury of D army (one of D biggest issues that most people dont realise is a major constraint & that it can keep morale in D clouds for a long time)

Even veteran applicants admit that a few of the requirements have changed; so what makes U think D methods of selection won't?

Did anyone at least think that the Army is an agency of government & that D government is given to respect holidays', religious observances (like D Muslim fast going on right now) and that they know that it ain't wise putting Muslim officers or candidates who will be fasting at a disadvantage in a recruitment exercise?

D former COAS put D army through a whole lot of issues like ethnic bias, zero welfarism, low morale issues. The last thing they need is religious bias in recruitment in the face of D boko haram crisis & I can assure U d army will not be known for being religiously bias for any reason, mark my words........

As for D person who gave a testimony of how she entered D NAF (which is kinda like my turf); all of U forgot one major factor (and I thought there were veteran applicants who knew better). It's a lady's testimony; show me a picture of D lady & I will tell U exactly why see made it (not doubting God's power nor D fact Dat God is a factor in things like this). Any lady who is fairly gallant, good looking, and is "endowed" or preferably is a dependent of a personnel of D NAF or has a Godfather has D best chance of being in D airforce with ease so I am not surprised she got in. Its even more pronounced in NCO recruitment . U don't believe me,take a trip to any NAF base & examine D corporal below cadre or fresh set of female flying officers, its very Instructive.............

officer ehisi. Are u saying bottom power could play a role as in the case of women? Pls i ve a ? For u. I applied for ssc and i would like to join the aviation corps cos i learnt they sent some 40 guys for helicopter training. What is d criteria for putting pple into diff unit. Is it by choice or ll they make it for us. And also is the aviation corps fully functional. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ehissi(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
Generaloluseye: officer ehisi. Are u saying bottom power could play a role as in the case of women? Pls i ve a ? For u. I applied for ssc and i would like to join the aviation corps cos i learnt they sent some 40 guys for helicopter training. What is d criteria for putting pple into diff unit. Is it by choice or ll they make it for us. And also is the aviation corps fully functional. Thanks

I am not quite sure what U mean by "bottom power" but I do know that for social courtesy calls or say PAF (presidential air fleet) cabin crew which is managed by D airforce or officers & NCO mess events or general social activities in D armed forces or ADC's and PA's to commanders; the NAF specifically (& D armed forces generally) would sometimes preferably love to choose ladies who R on D fair side or who look naturally attractive (not for immoral purposes really but) for the purpose of serving as tea girls/stewardesses/ADC's or PA's to senior officers (male & female) at certain events and that can give U some sort of edge as a lady in a recruitment circle if U're not looking too bad (I say this with strong reference to NCO recruitment though from time to time it happens in officers cadre sometimes); trust me they like fine girls well well or better still girls in D Miss or Mrs endowed category.....

The army will put U were they want as an SSC applicant else they will have asked U to make your choice like D DSSC's did. Its left for U to know what U want to pursue as a career as an SSC officer & strategically position yourself (in terms of lobbying & other postgraduate courses U can take either at D NDA or other armed forces institution which R too many to mention) to pursue it.

I don't know much about D aviation corp of D army & I am not willing to speculate about it as far as SSC & to a certain degree DSSC, U go where U R posted/assigned to & no place else except U dilligently seek it with strong reference to D standard or D general idea(depending on what's going on around U dia).............
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
ehissi:

I am not quite sure what U mean by "bottom power" but I do know that for social courtesy calls or say PAF (presidential air fleet) cabin crew which is managed by D airforce or officers & NCO mess events or general social activities in D armed forces or ADC's and PA's to commanders; the NAF specifically (& D armed forces generally) would sometimes preferably love to choose ladies who R on D fair side or who look naturally attractive (not for immoral purposes really but) for the purpose of serving as tea girls/stewardesses/ADC's or PA's to senior officers (male & female) at certain events and that can give U some sort of edge as a lady in a recruitment circle if U're not looking too bad (I say this with strong reference to NCO recruitment though from time to time it happens in officers cadre sometimes); trust me they like fine girls well well or better still girls in D Miss or Mrs endowed category.....

The army will put U were they want as an SSC applicant else they will have asked U to make your choice like D DSSC's did. Its left for U to know what U want to pursue as a career as an SSC officer & strategically position yourself (in terms of lobbying & other postgraduate courses U can take either at D NDA or other armed forces institution which R too many to mention) to pursue it.

I don't know much about D aviation corp of D army & I am not willing to speculate about it as far as SSC & to a certain degree DSSC, U go where U R posted/assigned to & no place else except U dilligently seek it with strong reference to D standard or D general idea(depending on what's going on around U dia).............
thanks sir. With due respect sir may i ask for the meaning of general and standard. Thanks for ur anticipated reply
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by DrCaleb: 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
Where is Emmanuel4life?
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
@ ehisi, your coments shows that you don‘t know anything about d army process or let me say about ssc/dssc.
First u talk about d officers handling d regional & final selction board. There is nothing like regional & final selection board in ssc/dssc recruitment. It applies only to RRI.
SECONDLY, you said those fasting wl b put into consideration but i tell you fasting gat nothing to do with d release of names/screening of candidates. Are you not aware that NDA shortlisted candidates (1st batch) just finished their screening? Oh, maybe u need to update urself more so dt u will know that many of d candidates were fasting and they participated in all d screening. You may want to say NDA is diffrent but i tell u there is no difference in d NDA & DSSC/SSC screening excercise. Those who have been there can testify to this. Meanwhile, 2nd batch will also start their own & it will be done during ds same ramadan. A friend was evicted after medical which if i mention his name here old ppl in ds thread will know him. He said d only favour for d muslim is they attend to them first & others will follow. So ur assumption/conclusion/speculation or whatever u call it is wrong & i totally disagreeeeeeeeeeee with you. Mean no harm pls. ONE LOVE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Tstone1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
samobaba4u: @ ehisi, your coments shows that you don‘t know anything about d army process or let me say about ssc/dssc.
First u talk about d officers handling d regional & final selction board. There is nothing like regional & final selection board in ssc/dssc recruitment. It applies only for RRI.
SECONDLY, you said those fasting wl b put inro consideration but i tell you fasting gat nothing to do with d release/screening. Are you not aware that NDA shortlisted candidates just finished their screening? Oh, maybe u need to update urself more so dt u will know that many of d candidates were fasting and they participated in all d screening. You may want to say NDA is diffrent but i yell u there is no difference in d NDA & DSSC/SSC screening excercise. Those who have been there can testify to this. Meanwhile, 2nd batch will also start their own & it will be done during ramadan. A friend was evicted after medical which if i mention his name here some ppl in ds thread will know him. He said d only favour for d muslim is they attend to them first & others will follow. So assumption/conclusion/speculation or whatever u call it is wrong & i totally disagreeeeeeeeeeee with you. ONE LOVE.
Remind me this guy's name again..that troublesome cool guy..am sure he's almost graduating now.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by poseidonn: 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
@ehissi and @samobaba4u grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ehissi(m): 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2014
samobaba4u: @ ehisi, your coments shows that you don‘t know anything about d army process or let me say about ssc/dssc.
First u talk about d officers handling d regional & final selction board. There is nothing like regional & final selection board in ssc/dssc recruitment. It applies only to RRI.
SECONDLY, you said those fasting wl b put into consideration but i tell you fasting gat nothing to do with d release of names/screening of candidates. Are you not aware that NDA shortlisted candidates (1st batch) just finished their screening? Oh, maybe u need to update urself more so dt u will know that many of d candidates were fasting and they participated in all d screening. You may want to say NDA is diffrent but i tell u there is no difference in d NDA & DSSC/SSC screening excercise. Those who have been there can testify to this. Meanwhile, 2nd batch will also start their own & it will be done during ds same ramadan. A friend was evicted after medical which if i mention his name here old ppl in ds thread will know him. He said d only favour for d muslim is they attend to them first & others will follow. So ur assumption/conclusion/speculation or whatever u call it is wrong & i totally disagreeeeeeeeeeee with you. Mean no harm pls. ONE LOVE.

Hmmmmmmmmm............................................ Nice observation & thanks for your correction but I assumed that my comment (as well as this thread) was focused more on the DSSC/SSC shortlisting (whose timetable & annual calender) is strictly at D discretion of D Nigerian army under a Nigerian army selection board, NASB, and not NDA shortlisting whose scheduled is more or less under the immediate purview of Defence Headquarters under an Armed Forces Selection Board, AFSB, so that's a different thing altogether.

Also if memory serves me correctly NDA shortlisting arrived well before D fasting ever even commenced last month.

Like U rightly said, I clearly don't know anything about D army because fasting has got nothing to do with screening or release of names (all that talk of consideration is just "talk"wink but U did admit that your friend (who is a Muslim & U R sure whose name if U were to mention most "old ppl" on this thread would know him) who went for NDA screening told U D only "favour" they did for Muslims was to attend to them first before D other ppl; that doesn't seem like a consideration to U for an AFSB?

Hmmmmmmm...........take my comment(s) simply as my "own" point of view based on my highly limited experience of how D military as a government agency works......No Harm taken; One love back at ya...........

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Adepoju2081: 12:11am On Jul 19, 2014
undecided nice talk...... Still observing™™™ shocked
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ajisebioyo1(m): 12:46am On Jul 19, 2014
bro thank you oooo, we dnt normally question ehisi comments here as per he is our warrior, now i know he will fasten his belt and make sure he edits his comments well before posted... Ehisi i still salute ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mkoabiola: 6:11am On Jul 19, 2014
So many hilarious and misconstrue comments.
@ehisi
All Senators knws wat is called "slot" expt he or she pretends he doesn't knw,go to national asssembly and u knw d level of corruption dere.
Dere is nothing like general social activities in NAF or miltary as being potrayed.
Lt general kenneth mininmah who was d former GOC of 81 dvision,knws d term "slot"even b4 he bcomes d Coas,which he will nva deny hs kinsmen no matter d level of impunity he is trying to eradicate,cos u can't rule out godfadarism n Corruption in military.
#hard fact#.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2014
people jez failed 71RRI pre screening exam ni sha via HB pencil palava.....some of them used yellow HB grade A pencil instead of Standard HB pencil....Computer was programmed to detect standard HB shadings........Nawa oh!..
mass failure......mass recruitment....isn't that pointless
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by azidomedogo: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2014
Tstone1:
Remind me this guy's name again..that troublesome cool guy..am sure he's almost graduating now.
madawaki01

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by azidomedogo: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2014
I think u guys should be mindful of the kind of informations you read here abt the army from aspiring applicants like you......i read so many post that are untrue such like regional and final selection.The army Dssc/Ssc does not have such.The best you can take out from this thread is to be informed about when the list is out.Any other thing that you need to learn will be revealed to you in camp.A civilian can only give u an idea abt the armed forces but cannot teach you how it is done.Therefore,filter every info b4 u digest them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by Donwizy1(m): 10:23am On Jul 19, 2014
azidomedogo: I think u guys should be mindful of the kind of informations you read here abt the army from aspiring applicants like you......i read so many post that are untrue such like regional and final selection.The army Dssc/Ssc does not have such.The best you can take out from this thread is to be informed about when the list is out.Any other thing that you need to learn will be revealed to you in camp.A civilian can only give u an idea abt the armed forces but cannot teach you how it is done.Therefore,filter every info b4 u digest them.
you are definitely on point.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by ananne: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Hello guys...hope you are all doing great! Keep the morale high. Am sorry i am no longer as active as i used to be. I am extremely busy. Secondly, i wont be participating in this year's exercise because my name wont be on that list. Dont ask me! My advice is that, if you know you applied for DSSC and your course wasnt listed. Pray hard. Even if you are shortlisted randomly, they will screen you out at the selection board. The list is almost ready but nobody can say when it will be released. Thank you! Mimzy inbox me lets chat on fb.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 11:03am On Jul 19, 2014
Tstone1:
Tstone1, i holla u oooo.
He‘s still on admission process, i pray he make it ds yr.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 11:13am On Jul 19, 2014
Ananne I did, 2 days ago. if you can't find it please send me a msg,Thanks dear.
Re: Nigerian Army DSSC and SSC 2014 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 11:16am On Jul 19, 2014
azidomedogo: madawaki01
Azidomedogo, u still dey ds thread abi? Make we beg God & ds ppl (NA) to consider us ds yr ooo, cos ppl don dey old for ds thread.
Without mentioning his name i know u guys will still decode.
He made list list again ds yr and was evicted for chest scan.
God knows beter sa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (57) (Reply)

UBA Recruiting / 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. / Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.