Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday (693 Views)

TB Joshua Gives Money To Deportees From Libya On Friday(pics / Prayer Points: Rccg 2016 Fasting & Prayers: 11th January – 29th February / Is It Right To Say Private Prayers On Facebook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Solutioncrib: 2:47am On Dec 27, 2013
UMBRELLA body of Christians in the country, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has declared Friday a day of fasting and prayers for the security of Nigeria as citizens prepare for the new year.

Making the declaration yesterday, National President of CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor said the prayer had become necessary because it was
obvious certain forces were determined to truncate the destiny of the nation.

The cleric explained that in the life of the nation, there are evil forces
raging and threatening the corporate existence of Nigeria.
He urged Nigerians, irrespective of their religious or ethnic differences to fast and pray for God to destroy all those who are bent on truncating the destiny of Nigeria.

http://solutioncrib.com
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by fingard02k(m): 3:51am On Dec 27, 2013
in this festive season?? What will be the fate of our chickens?..CAN should just postpond it.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 6:37am On Dec 27, 2013
Mo,ro.ons in the land of moronica.

Has anyone cared to take stock of all the prayers and fasting done in 2013 to evaluate what , if anything, was achieved by such?
Anyone, any population of humans with brains would tend to evaluate previous acts to assess it's impact before embarking on the same acts over and over again.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is either addictive gambling , or simply a medical definition of insanity.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by woky: 7:45am On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton: Mo,ro.ons in the land of moronica.

Has anyone cared to take stock of all the prayers and fasting done in 2013 to evaluate what , if anything, was achieved by such?
Anyone, any population of humans with brains would tend to evaluate previous acts to assess it's impact before embarking on the same acts over and over again.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is either addictive gambling , or simply a medical definition of insanity.
keep wondering at the unusual

IDI.OT!!
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 7:55am On Dec 27, 2013
woky: keep wondering at the unusual

IDI.OT!!

You are a lot more than the above.
Lobotomized zombie.

Unusual what?

Fasting , fasting , praying praying?

That a black man is crying to a mythical foreign god to come and save his sorry behind from his own failures?
What a tragedy!

I wish i could sell all of you, the whole lot of you, even for N200 or a good fresh keg of palm wine.
Unfortunately for me, there is no longer a world market for lobotomized zombies.
That's why Nigeria is probably the last stronghold of Zombies.

Keep praying, Keep fasting, fast longer, that would mean more food for the hungry.

1 Like

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by woky: 8:18am On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:

You are a lot more than the above.
Lobotomized zombie.

Unusual what?

Fasting , fasting , praying praying?

That a black man is crying to a mythical foreign god to come and save his sorry behind from his own failures?
What a tragedy!

I wish i could sell all of you, the whole lot of you, even for N200 or a good fresh keg of palm wine.
Unfortunately for me, there is no longer a world market for lobotomized zombies.
That's why Nigeria is probably the last stronghold of Zombies.

Keep praying, Keep fasting, fast longer, that would mean more food for the hungry.
lol

keep fooling yourself, while am busy counting my blessingssss

Mango!!
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2013
Lol.

How to get divine answers.

Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Doubt. Hope. Hold on to faith. Pray. Pray. Pray. Despair. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray.

Halleluia. One prayer answered.

Repeat.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Ajibam: 8:39am On Dec 27, 2013
may the Lord answer our prayer..
amen..
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 2:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
aManFromMars: Lol.

How to get divine answers.

Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Doubt. Hope. Hold on to faith. Pray. Pray. Pray. Despair. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray.

Halleluia. One prayer answered.

Repeat.

Na wa o.
They are far worse than addictive gambling.
Do these morons actually think that the invisible skydaddy is going to change their lots, or, is all this just part of scams on the weak and ignorant?
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2013
woky: lol

keep fooling yourself, while am busy counting my blessingssss

Mango!!

And I am counting mine too, as are countless others, but without the tangled web of lies, fear, confusion and fraud that imbedded in your god delusions.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ajibam: may the Lord answer our prayer..
amen..

Keep the prayers for ourself. Obviously he has shown that he is grown up and doesn't need hand-holding by invisible fairy.
Only m.orons who are too scared or too daft to face reality, depend on the delusion of an invisible sky fairly to cope with the vissitudes of life.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Ajibam: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:

Keep the prayers for ourself. Obviously he has shown that he is grown up and doesn't need hand-holding by invisible fairy.
Only m.orons who are too scared or too daft to face reality, depend on the delusion of an invisible sky fairly to cope with the vissitudes of life.
okay..
stay blessed.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Joshthefirst(m): 3:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:

look at this man's foolishness. Relying on God to bless hardwork is cowardice? What has your atheism done to help nations and men? Nothing. Only speaking nonsense to complicate issues and hiding behind empty words, refusing to proffer any reasonable solution for humanity. Even plunging humanity into deeper pits of shallowness and despair. If this is about facing reality, you should be too ashamed to talk.
Nonsense. Go and keep your fantasies to yourself. We will educate our people on hardwork and trust in God, we will not lie to them about their vulnerability.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Ajibam: 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: look at this man's foolishness. Relying on God to bless hardwork is cowardice? What has your atheism done to help nations and men? Nothing. Only speaking nonsense to complicate issues and hiding behind empty words, refusing to proffer any reasonable solution for humanity. Even plunging humanity into deeper pits of shallowness and despair. If this is about facing reality, you should be too ashamed to talk.
Nonsense. Go and keep your fantasies to yourself. We will educate our people on hardwork and trust in God, we will not lie to them about their vulnerability.

bro. Joshua..
please don't let anybody make you sin... learn to ignore some people sir...

1 Peter3: 9
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult.On the contrary, repay evil with blessing,because to thisyou were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

1 Like

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Joshthefirst(m): 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ajibam:

bro. Joshua..
please don't let anybody make you sin... learn to ignore some people sir...

1 Peter3: 9
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult.On the contrary, repay evil with blessing,because to thisyou were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
thank you sir. I needed that.

1 Like

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Ajibam: 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: thank you sir. I needed that.

thank God bro..
happy new year in advance..
you and caleb should be ready to cross us over to our Canaan land(2014) grin

1 Like

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Joshthefirst(m): 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ajibam:
thank God bro..
happy new year in advance..
you and caleb should be ready to cross us over to our Canaan land(2014) grin
grin

Yes ooo. Same to you.

1 Like

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: look at this man's foolishness. Relying on God to bless hardwork is cowardice? What has your atheism done to help nations and men? Nothing. Only speaking nonsense to complicate issues and hiding behind empty words, refusing to proffer any reasonable solution for humanity. Even plunging humanity into deeper pits of shallowness and despair. If this is about facing reality, you should be too ashamed to talk.

Silly rabbit.
Josh,
What hardwork are you referring to , and what does god blessing hardwork actually mean?
Do you call the mess in Nigeria hardwork?

The problem with you apologists is that you pretend to be smart , and then when it is time to show it, you then pretend to be dumb.
My point, which you should read again if you are sincere, is that all this national prayer and national fasting foolishness that we repeat every fortnight is OBVIOUSLY NOT the solution to any of our national ills. It has never been, and neither will it ever be.
No nation that is worth living in has been built on prayer fasting.

How mentally r.e.ta.rded do we have to be not to have realised that by now?

Yet these clowns and fraudsters continue to foster these moronic and dark-age rhetorics every fortnight.
You may see it as harmless, but I do not.

Our national IQ suffers a continuous dumbing down with the repetition of these st.u.pid useless lies.

Imagine a generation of people who live and believe that they cannot do anything real and meaningful own their own?
In the UK where you live( You obviously live there because humans make things work there, right?) , when was the last time there was a call for national prayer and fasting, despite the economic problems in that neck of the woods?

Despite our differences in beliefs, stop pretending , and call a spade a spade. Be sincere.

Christianity has turned Nigeria into a big vegetable farm, and individual Nigerians into prayer-gambling addicts.

1 Like

Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by dorox(m): 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
I am very sure that the good pastor Ayo Oritsejafor will be enjoying all of his meals along with some of the finest bottles of wine on the day set aside by him for fasting and prayers while the majority of his followers would be banging their heads in prayer on empty stomach.
He is very much aware of the causes of Nigeria's problems, and never once has he said anything about it because he has been a beneficiary of the corrupt system.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by woky: 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:

And I am counting mine too, as are countless others, but without the tangled web of lies, fear, confusion and fraud that imbedded in your god delusions.
go and rest..
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
woky: go and rest..
No.
I will not rest until African people reclaim their brains from the rabid infestation of middle eastern stone-age superstitions.
We need to rejoin the rest of humanity and move forward.

If the Europeans have moved away from this toxic crap, what makes you think that you know better?
You primitives.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Joshthefirst(m): 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:

Silly rabbit.
Josh,
What hardwork are you referring to , and what does god blessing hardwork actually mean?
Do you call the mess in Nigeria hardwork?

The problem with you apologists is that you pretend to be smart , and then when it is time to show it, you then pretend to be dumb.
My point, which you should read again if you are sincere, is that all this national prayer and national fasting foolishness that we repeat every fortnight is OBVIOUSLY NOT the solution to any of our national ills. It has never been, and neither will it ever be.
No nation that is worth living in has been built on prayer fasting.

How mentally r.e.ta.rded do we have to be not to have realised that by now?

Yet these clowns and fraudsters continue to foster these moronic and dark-age rhetorics every fortnight.
You may see it as harmless, but I do not.

Our national IQ suffers a continuous dumbing down with the repetition of these st.u.pid useless lies.
[size=15pt]
Imagine a generation of people who live and believe that they cannot do anything real and meaningful own their own?[/size]
In the UK where you live( You obviously live there because humans make things work there, right?) , when was the last time there was a call for national prayer and fasting, despite the economic problems in that neck of the woods?

Despite our differences in beliefs, stop pretending , and call a spade a spade. Be sincere.

Christianity has turned Nigeria into a big vegetable farm, and individual Nigerians into prayer-gambling addicts.
just look at the enlarged. Just look. So we should deny our own vulnerability? No. Christianity has taught men that if they do not work, they shall not eat. It is human beings that have damaged this nation. Human beings with corrupt natures.

It is people like you who attack the christian religion as if they have a vendetta against it without giving us any real solution to our problems of corruption that constitute a larger problem for us. Christianity has damaged this nation I hear.

People praying to God to bless their efforts of hardwork with success, admiting that they have no power of their own over adverse circumstances has become treacherous to you.

Nations like america and britain who are giants today made the bible their moral standards
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Joshthefirst(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:
No.
I will not rest until African people reclaim their brains from the rabid infestation of middle eastern stone-age superstitions.

If the Europeans have moved away from this toxic crap, what makes you think that you know better?
You primitives.
coming from a man who blames religion for corruption.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
I was thinking after that smackdown from platteon, Josh would have no other thing to say. But as usual, he comes with refined BS grin grin
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
And by the way Josh, aren't you in Nigeria?
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: coming from a man who blames religion for corruption.

Stop the grandstanding and melodrama and address the core issue here.
Be honest with me Josh, show your true color.
Do you think that religion, especially pentecostal christianity is partially or greatly responsible for the high and increasing levels of corruption and social vices in Nigeria or not.
Simple question..
I expect an honest answer.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by plaetton: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
^^^
Another question which I have always wanted to ask you.

Do you make a living of or earn income from religion or anything affliated with religion?
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Joshthefirst(m): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:

Stop the grandstanding and melodrama and address the core issue here.
Be honest with me Josh, show your true color.
Do you think that religion, especially pentecostal christianity is partially or greatly responsible for the high and increasing levels of corruption and social vices in Nigeria or not.
Simple question..
I expect an honest answer.
no. And anyother person who thinks so is biased and myopic.

Human beings are the problem. They will continue to be corrupt, and they will continue to exploit others through religion and other means.

Go to communist states that enforce atheism and ask them if there is no corruption and murders there.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by Joshthefirst(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
Another question which I have always wanted to ask you.

Do you make a living of or earn income from religion or anything affliated with religion?
no I do not.
Re: CAN Declares Fasting, Prayers On Friday by woky: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
plaetton:
No.

You primitives.
Lol

keep trying boy,
what i knw for sure is that, you will end up using ur knowledge to confess your ignorance .

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg 100 Days Of Fasting / Why Is It That Yoruba Songs Are Sang More Often In Churches? / End Time Virus - Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.