Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic (17994 Views)

Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation / 18 Children Escape Unhurt As Truck Falls On School Bus / Kwankwaso To Build Another School In Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Ikengawo: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2013
Nigeria: Kwankwaso Spends N1 Billion On College in Niger Republic

Kano — Over N1 billion has been spent by the Kano State government on Kano/Niger Republic Bilingual College in Niamey, Governor Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso has said. The money, Kwankwaso said was expended in building students' hostel, multipurpose hall, kitchen, staff quarters, clinic and wall fencing of the college.

Speaking during a farewell ceremony for the first batch of 101 secondary school students to Niger Republic, he said the money was the counterpart fund of the state for the joint project. The state government, according to a statement by the governor's media aide, Mallam Halilu Dantiye, provided a bus, a pick up van, two sets of uniforms for each of the pioneer 200 students and English teachers.

He added that the Nigerien authorities provided land for the project, in addition to running the school. The idea for the establishment of the college, according to Governor Kwankwaso, was to consolidate bilateral relations between the state and the Niger Republic, expose Kano children to French language as well as create unlimited opportunities for them in French and English speaking countries.

"With an annual increment of 200 students, 100 from Niger and 100 from Kano, it is our vision that in six years when the college will graduate these very students, they will have a population of 1,400 students", the governor said.

According to him, the govern-ments of Kano and Niger Republic will take full responsibility of the scholarship of the students.

In his remarks, President Muhammadou Yousoufou of Niger Republic, represented by the country's Minister of Education, Madam Maryam Alhadji Ibrahim, said the partnership will bring about greater unity and reinforce the existing relationship between the two countries.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201308280416.html
Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Danfoditee(m): 6:54am On Dec 27, 2013
9ice move in a wrong direction.

17 Likes

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 27, 2013
Ode. Charity begins at HOME.
Anyway, this na start for Arewa Republic foreign policy.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by NafeesaAA(f): 7:06am On Dec 27, 2013
bad belle

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by NafeesaAA(f): 7:07am On Dec 27, 2013
even the title of the post is mischievous

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 27, 2013
interesting

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Peinstein: 7:20am On Dec 27, 2013
The article says 101 students and not 101 schools.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 27, 2013
Obiagelli: interesting
annoying, definitely not surprising. undecided

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2013
[quote author=Nafeesa AA]even the title of the post is mischievous [/quote[

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said: "I was
shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of
its dwellers were women who were
ungrateful."
It was asked, "Do they disbelieve
in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?)
He replied, "They are ungrateful to their
husbands and are ungrateful for the favors
and the good (charitable deeds) done to them.
If you have always been good (benevolent) to
one of them and then she sees something in
you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have
never received any good from you." Sahih
Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 28

YOU SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT YOUR PROPHET SAID ABOUT WOMEN AND HELL FIRE INSTEAD OF DEFENDING KWANKWASIYYA

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by fiizznation: 7:38am On Dec 27, 2013
Nice move our governor.. grin. We really to invest in chad also

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by 5thNOTE: 8:13am On Dec 27, 2013
Danfoditee: 9ice move in a wrong direction.
everybody taking its own law. Even a state in a country can do as it like as far it is Kano! Is it constitutional? D south south should quickly make honest bilateral agreement with growing poor UK and debted U.S incase of war and breakup. And if we dont want to be like south sudan lets us D SS better ask D government to focus it attention of us. Where D funds come from and they should ensure transparency and rule of law in D south. The truth is that D north is more developed than D south and its nt right cause it ought to start frm us which funds their development. Now that we face all this issues b4 breakup then there wont be anarchy when breakup comes.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by U09ce: 8:13am On Dec 27, 2013
OP I don't want to believe you are being mischievous; hiding under ethnic camouflage to besmirch Kwankaso's reputation. Where was it written in the article that he built 101 schools. Please, modify your title.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by abu12: 9:21am On Dec 27, 2013
And what is wrong, Even if he build 1001 school?

Atlest FG govt is constructing railway line from zaria to niger-republic

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Dhelake: 9:51am On Dec 27, 2013
Everybody is preparing for the imminent breakup

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by HAVIJ: 10:14am On Dec 27, 2013
Speaking during a farewell ceremony for the first batch of 101 secondary school students to Niger Republic, he said the money was the counterpart fund of the state for the joint project. The state government, according to a statement by the governor's media aide, Mallam Halilu Dantiye, provided a bus, a pick up van, two sets of uniforms for each of the pioneer 200 students and English teachers.

Mischievous OP. You have no shame

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by abes(m): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2013
Kano — Over N1 billion has been spent by the Kano State government on Kano/Niger Republic Bilingual College in Niamey, Governor Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso has said. The money, Kwankwaso said was expended in building students' hostel, multipurpose hall, kitchen, staff quarters, clinic and wall fencing of the college.

Speaking during a farewell ceremony for the first batch of [size=18pt]101 secondary school students[/size] to Niger Republic, he said the money was the counterpart fund of the state for the joint project. The state government, according to a statement by the governor's media aide, Mallam Halilu Dantiye, provided a bus, a pick up van, two sets of uniforms for each of the pioneer 200 students and English teachers.

He added that the Nigerien authorities provided land for the project, in addition to running the school. The idea for the establishment of the college, according to Governor Kwankwaso, was to consolidate bilateral relations between the state and the Niger Republic, expose Kano children to French language as well as create unlimited opportunities for them in French and English speaking countries.

"With an annual increment of 200 students, 100 from Niger and 100 from Kano, it is our vision that in six years when the college will graduate these very students, they will have a population of 1,400 students", the governor said.

According to him, the govern-ments of Kano and Niger Republic will take full responsibility of the scholarship of the students.

In his remarks, President Muhammadou Yousoufou of Niger Republic, represented by the country's Minister of Education, Madam Maryam Alhadji Ibrahim, said the partnership will bring about greater unity and reinforce the existing relationship between the two countries.

The OP is a known liar.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2013
abes:

The OP is a known liar.
gbam
Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by simpleseyi: 10:25am On Dec 27, 2013
Please let someone take this man to the psychiatric hospital before he stripes himself na-ked on the street, this man don dey craze. His brothers and sisters are all almajaris, this nonentity is building schools in Niger Republic.

But first of all, have you tried this site http:///19rcMQj ? You will be will excited. Small change to pay recurrent bills outside the national, state or personal budget.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by karpentar: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2013
Ikengawo: Nigeria: Kwankwaso Spends N1 Billion On College in Niger Republic

Is the school near Asari own?
Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by MrOlodo(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2013
[size=24pt]why do moderator's like banning me[/size] grin

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Olastep(m): 10:32am On Dec 27, 2013
Na wa o o o

why all this Kano this, Kano that, these days.

I guess APC silly dogs(Nigeria version of media) have relocated to Kano state cos the governor has just joined APC.

Nice try next time.

It wont move us
Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by patriotic007: 10:32am On Dec 27, 2013
All big men in the North will never give their people education because that will open their eyes to see the truth that northern rule is a disaster not only to the north but to Nigeria as a whole,....I only weep for some southerner that are so blind to want power to return to the north,....I call that slave mentallity and may we never return to our vomit,....at least not before 2019

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by kingarizona(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2013
An act of Bribery from kwankwaso to Niger so their BOKO - HARAM agent from Niger would cease fire from Kano state cheesycheesycheesy

All this APC people can fear eh undecided undecided undecided

ODE Charity begins at home angryangryangry

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by auskenfine(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2013
Propaganda driven OP. Lol
Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Davo93(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2013
I just hope this man is not training the next generation of Boko Haram in the name of providing scholarship to them.

I believe this man didn't take time to ponder on this project well. The reasons he gave for establishing such agreement i regard as parasitic can be achieved here in Nigeria. By doing this in Nigeria, he will be helping in building the nation's economy directly and indirectly.

Moreso, these lads are just young, secondary school education for that matter! If such agreement was done for the tertiary students, then, we can say let us be hopeful.

I say this is a bad riddance to another beautiful rubbish. This will be very obvious when another administration comes on board in the state.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2013
This is what the ss/se can't see, I once said that Kwankwaso is as powerful as a president in kano, sm ppl tot I was joking.
If I was part of the leaders of the eastern region I wud go and start granting free oil wells to countries like Russia and the U.s. Let's see how things go.

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2013
patriotic007: All big men in the North will never give their people education because that will open their eyes to see the truth that northern rule is a disaster not only to the north but to Nigeria as a whole,....I only weep for some southerner that are so blind to want power to return to the north,....I call that slave mentallity and may we never return to our vomit,....at least not before 2019
Seriously I wonder d same thing too.
Some times I wud just stay and start wondering how it happened,how d hell did me and my people end up in dz country.
I am just praying that the meteor that finished d dinosaurs wud fall on earth again. Even if its not earth, let it fall in Nigeria.
Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by iphoneloaded(m): 10:39am On Dec 27, 2013
Ikengawo: Nigeria: Kwankwaso Spends N1 Billion On College in Niger Republic

As your name implies, we know where you come from... Go n Die

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by donphilopus: 10:40am On Dec 27, 2013
MODs, did you review the "subject" before moving this to the FP??

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by HoldenCaulfield(m): 10:40am On Dec 27, 2013
ibos? ibos! must you always show your hatred on us? smh... the time will come when......... and the black gold ran down......... and........ hmm you will see!

Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by Polio: 10:40am On Dec 27, 2013
Mr•Olodo:
[size=24pt]why do moderator's like banning me[/size] grin

Daft cun...t!
Re: Kano Spends N1bn On School In Niger Republic by trigar12(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2013
Nonsense... UP SOUTH-WEST

UNICAL Has Lost 11 Professors Not 21 Within 7 Months - ASUU Chair / OAU Student Set To Break 28 Year-old Record / Who Can Unravel This Geometric Puzzle