Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation (7587 Views)

OAU Begins Renovation Of Dilapidated Hostels / Renovation of toilets in OAU Hostel (Photos) / OAU Student Union Budgets N1.8m For Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Fynestboi: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2015
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, on Friday announced that his administration had earmarked over N1bn for the renovation and supply of furniture and education materials across all secondary schools in the state.
A statement from Ambode’s Chief Press Secretary, Habib Haruna, made available on Friday, said the governor disclosed the information while speaking at the inauguration of Augustine University, a private university owned by the Catholic Church.
The statement said that the state government would also employ 1,300 teachers to teach in primary schools in the state.
The governor also assured that his administration would resolve the lingering crisis in the Lagos State University, Ojo, according to the statement.
He attributed the recent inauguration of new Governing Councils for the institution and other tertiary institutions in the state to the need to resolve the crisis in the school.
Appreciating the Catholic Church for the project, Ambode described education as integral to bringing about positive change in the country.
He said, “From my exposures, I have come to the conclusion that there is no greater form of preparation to manage change than through education.
“There is no greater investment that the individual parent can make than investment in education of highest possible quality.”
The governor described the inauguration of the Catholic university as important for Lagos State, which he said was in dire need of additional institutions of learning, considering its large population with 60 percent of its residents below 35 years of age.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-budgets-n1bn-for-schools-renovation/
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by MoonChildng: 11:17am On Oct 24, 2015
Tinubu has a way of picking good hands ,you've got to give him that

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by politricks: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2015
Nice one. I just hope the money is used for its intended purpose. Me no want any goat and yam theory.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by tunwumi: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
As much I a support development I do not subscribe to corruption in any form. By this is Mr Ambode saying there was no development before he became governor when we need #1b to do renovation. If we want to start from scratch how much are we going to need.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by lexzycc: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
What about free food for the pupils as promised
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Phunmibi: 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
HMMM Ambode
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by AYOdeji2102: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
hmmmm!

Overweight has been attributed to be one of the major causes of
sexual dissatisfaction in both male and female.Don't wait until you're
replaced by your spouse" Get rid of the excess fats with a natural programme....
follow this trend below for more details
https://www.nairaland.com/2427877/get-back-sexy-look-confidence#35501068
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Badgers14: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
I guess they would spend another N78 million to build the website for the project grin grin
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Lagrage(f): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
I really do hope that the every dime goes into it... Theres barely any trust left for any government

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Ciscogod(m): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
The reason why I like tinubu.

He works with technocrats. Nothing more

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by damton(m): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
AMBO ATIDE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by imashyguy: 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
Good for lagosians. How i wish the north will do this also.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by jascon1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
Again?
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by ERONX(m): 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
I hope d funds are truely spent on d renovation of schools.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by jamex93(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
if i leta hear story about that money

una go see waitin go happen
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
Datavents:
Wow, that's more like it.

Steal small, help the masses, then steal again... Way to go
Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by sunnymaja(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
Since at your age and level , you are still looking for a desire, it means things are upside down for you. Hence, you need JESUS to solve your problem. I can assure you, He will solve it. Just try Him for once
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Dottore: 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by gr8gem(f): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
Ok, until I see d renovation. I'm tired of commentin. Sumone pls give me an IT job in owerri o.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by osazeeblue01: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
The previous one was 114 roads now schools. WICH ONE FASHOLA DO DURING HIS 8YRS?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by sunnymaja(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
My message was for another page. Tinubu is a technocrat, that is why most of his preference are technocrats

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by vyncentino(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
dat 1 na waiting pastor chris giv yesterday dat man of God 2much
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by lilprinze: 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
Am sure no Northern state would even think of spending 500 million on school renovation not to talk of building more schools.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by OYAY(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
Lagrage:
I really do hope that the every dime goes into it... Theres barely any trust left for any government
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2015
This amount is too small to fix the rot

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by alaoeri: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
In a year time, all those abusing Ambode won't have any other option other than to praise him. cool
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by sunnymaja(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
Lagos sstate is wide so work ccontinues
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by tolustx(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2015
Absolutely worths it. I just hope they rily spend d money on d renovation as stated.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by tola9ja: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
dont be scared nobody will steal the money

this buhari tennure not jona tennure
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by mystiqueDZ(f): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
Yeah right!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To 400L Student Of Unilorin Who Finds It Difficult To Express He / One Of My Friends Who Relocated To Canada Recently Shared Some Lessons / Remedy For Lost Waec Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.