Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,432 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook (18119 Views)

‘Lai Mohammed Detained For Abusing Jonathan’ / Disgraced Former APC Governor On The Run; Faces Treason Charges / Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by aniyphil: 8:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
Lilimax: Are they saying there is no more freedom of speech and expression? sad

Look at it this way...freedom of speech is guaranteed, but freedom "after" speech ? . . .hmmm ...fill in the gap !
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Decryptor: This is just a sample of what will start happening to dimwits who abuse and insult GEJ forgetting that their NL profile or past comments/threads has a tinge of their contact information.
By the time the FG will begin a "cleansing" on Nairaland, Buhari, Tinubu or even Obama will not save you when you will be given the "Okio treatment".

You are the biggest fuul I have seen in recent times. You don't belong to a sane society. So it is wrong to criticise a failed government? You deserve to be flogged back to senses

2 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by gidjah(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
hardywaltz: Seraki Dickson is a dimwit who can't stand the slightest desenting view.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by gidjah(m): 9:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
hardywaltz: Seraki Dickson is a dimwit who can't stand the slightest desenting view.
he is nt a dimwit persay but an evil political jobber and a bully at that,most of them dislike criticism at d slightest term, they start flexing muscles at will.in d words of grt man"Absolute power corrupt Absolutely"
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by GeeOh(f): 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
PDP! POWER TO THE PEOPLE, who are the people?
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by vislabraye(m): 10:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Decryptor: This is just a sample of what will start happening to dimwits who abuse and insult GEJ forgetting that their NL profile or past comments/threads has a tinge of their contact information.
By the time the FG will begin a "cleansing" on Nairaland, Buhari, Tinubu or even Obama will not save you when you will be given the "Okio treatment".

I'm sure people wiLl say that's why he trained 1000 snipers. On the other hand, GEJ doesn't kill his opponents. Don't forget previous govt that wiped out almost all his critics with assassins. Today he's a wonderful person.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
Agent8706: Abuse of freedom of speech. That you have the right and means to voice your opinion doesn't mean that you should do so foolishly.
You, my dear, are an imbec.ile.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
MEILYN: The guy mouth no dey stay one place? Your criticism wont change anything. Now you see? Your mouth don make you lose 5miillion grin
Its bail money, you dont lose it. You get it back at the end of court proceedings surrounding the case.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by kel4soft: 12:03am On Dec 28, 2013
Please make I hear word hear ooo.

A state that has a law against criticising the Government ala Romour mongering.

You don't dare speak against GEJ or Dickson if you are in Bayelsa. My dear, I nearly got myself into trouble when I was having a conversation with a driver I hired his car from Yenegoa to Otuoke. He told me if I have special reservation I should keep it to myself.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by hayzee545(m): 12:16am On Dec 28, 2013
3Dimension: Freedom of Speech is guaranteed under the law but what we cannot guarantee is freedom after speech

Guy....u funny die!
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by BabaOlowo: 12:26am On Dec 28, 2013
Patience Jonathan can stand as surety, after-all she be perm sec, she no go fear Dickson now!
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by peruso: 1:51am On Dec 28, 2013
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM SOMEONE THAT CAME IN VIA IMPUNITY

EVERYTHING HE DOES WILL ALWAY EMANATE FROM THAT IMPUNITY.

BUT REMEMBER DICKSON IS NOT GOD
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 28, 2013
This is example of bad leadership! I hope this will hurt the governor in the future because he's shown not to challenge the accuse to court. It is a primitive man's way!I am against it! The right laws must be followed.

The world is watching!

Thank you.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by ddeola: 3:23am On Dec 28, 2013
Absolute rubbish !That's what happens when people vote thugs into office
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by jaytee01(m): 5:15am On Dec 28, 2013
This kind of useless law can only be seen where the leaders are personally convinced and sure of their incompetence. They realise that right thinking individuals may voice their dissatisfaction with sure failure of leadership and so craft 'laws' to shield themselves from critics.SMH.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by jaytee01(m): 5:17am On Dec 28, 2013
ddeola: Absolute rubbish !That's what happens when people vote thugs into office
How many people actually voted for him?
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Pokemon43(f): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2013
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Krizzkutz(m): 8:46am On Dec 28, 2013
chucky234: Dickson is becoming a dictator in a democratic dispensation, what a clueless deluded discombobulated chronic goon.
r u dis retarded, let d baylsans speak, dickson is arguably d best gov to govern BY . . Was last u go baylsa?? Dickson is not clueless n deluded I tink u r
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Krizzkutz(m): 8:53am On Dec 28, 2013
rasojie:

You are the biggest fuul I have seen in recent times. You don't belong to a sane society. So it is wrong to criticise a failed government? You deserve to be flogged back to senses
failed governmnt?? D gov of seriake dickson dickson is not a failed governmt, so stfu. Tz u ho deserve floggin for misusin †ђξ freedom of speech
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by PastorOla1: 9:27am On Dec 28, 2013
HOGWASH!!!!!
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by EbiJUNIRO(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2013
Speechless
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by GentleFrank(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2013
ok
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Harriddon(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
Whenever u are expressing ur right to speech but dnt forget dat there are limitation and litigation to freedom of speech. Writing or making seditious or defamatory statement can land u to prison. So be wise in ur doing
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by erniok(m): 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
Harriddon: Whenever u are expressing ur right to speech but dnt forget dat there are limitation and litigation to freedom of speech. Writing or making seditious or defamatory statement can land u to prison. So be wise in ur doing
Its for the court of law to decide what is seditious or not. This is an obvious violation of his fundamental right by detaining him beyond 48 hrs.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by lebienconnu: 1:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
when i get into the upper house as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria my first bill will be "freedom after speech".
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Krizzkutz: failed governmnt?? D gov of seriake dickson dickson is not a failed governmt, so stfu. Tz u ho deserve floggin for misusin †ђξ freedom of speech
look well at my post before running your mouth'
, i dont live in bayelsa, i was referring to GEJ govt
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by 989900: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
The comments on here are as dumb as the Governor's actions....SMH.

And you want good governance?! LOL in your dreams.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by Theblessed(f): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
[size=16pt]Hmmmm...!

??Nigerian DEMOCRACY or AUTOCRACY (absolute power, totalitarianism, dictatorship, tyranny - all in one) working well in Bayelsa State...

Democracy comes with FREEDOM OF SPEECH - whether we like what is said or not, that's part and parcel of what you sworn to, as a Governor.

Remember this, your day will soon be up and you will know it ...watch this space!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by MSEdLAW(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Agent8706: Abuse of freedom of speech. That you have the right and means to voice your opinion doesn't mean that you should do so foolishly.
What qualifies his right to freedom of expression as a right.. Is it the right conferred upon him by the ignominious seriake dickson or its an inalienable right he enjoys as a human being and a bona fide citizen of Nigeria.. My dear don't be a bland , self -deluded loquacious uncouth oaf, a poster boy for tyranny.. He enjoys an unqualified right to express his opinion and if there lies an action for defamation...its an action impersonam the deluded governor can sue him for libel.. Rather than exercise his executive might like an un schooled infant...
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by kel4soft: 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
I challenged anybody living in Bayelsa to post pictures of Dickson roads constructions.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by ChiefAdams: 12:04am On Dec 29, 2013
There has been so many complaints of human rights abuses against this same bayelsa state governor. What has happened to freedom of speech? Why must this social critic - Okio be remanded in prison without bail for up to 10 days?
This clearly shows the bayelsa state governor will use every atrocious and obnoxious means of intimidation, coersion, and threats to silence and maneuvre any negative and secret revealing criticsms against him.
Re: Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook by princessayesha(f): 2:34am On Dec 30, 2013
May God bless the bayelsa governor. Some people are only good at insulting leaders as if they would be better if given the opportunity. Smh /

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Explosion Rocks Biu, Borno State / Bandits Kidnap Many Traders On Kaduna-Birnin Gwari Highway / 2019: Ladi Adebutu Is PDP Governorship Candidate In Ogun State, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.