Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

About Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Tithing (866 Views)

Please Help Satisfy My Curiosity About Tithing.....(for Fervent Christians) / The Secret About Tithing You Should Know / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Tithing by okeyxyz(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
I'd normally remove myself from conversations regarding tithes. Why?? Because it's not literally relevant to my doctrine, so I don't tithe at all. But regardless, the question of tithes is a matter of doctrine as each person is convinced in his heart and faith as to what is binding on him.

So the question is: Does tithing work or is this whole tithe gospel a fraud? Absolutely yes!! tithing works to them that are convinced and faithful to it. Tithing is a spiritual operation just as thousands of other spiritual operations. However, it is not given unto every person to accept a doctrine of tithes, just as it is not given unto every person to accept the gospel of grace, whether partial or absolute grace(that'd be moi cool).

So how does tithing work? Like all spiritual operations of faith, tithing is an evidence/substance that the believer must fulfill in order to validate/prove his belief in the promise. Note that to belief is not the same as to exercise faith. You can believe anything you want but if you don't exercise/fulfill/trigger that belief through some evidence(faith), then it's impossible to actualize it's promises. So, the process of exercising(faith) your belief must cost you something of value with the hope that you'd receive a greater value in return for your faith(cost, loss). Every demonstration of faith must cost you something of value, either by way of money(tithes), food/drink(literal fasting), giving up a lifestyle, even blood sacrifice!! it's the same principle. This cost must be something you give up completely without the hope of reusing it, else it wouldn't work. This is why blood is the ultimate sacrifice, and this is understood by all occult practices. Blood sacrifice was the trigger for all promises in the old testament, and blood sacrifice represents an irrecoverable loss/sacrifice(exercise of faith), likewise the sacrifice of christ was the trigger for christianity.
Re: About Tithing by okeyxyz(m): 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Again, I don't tithe because it is no where to be found in my doctrines, but I do recognize it forms a great part of the doctrines of quite a number of people, so it is for them to be held accountable to what they belief. And believe you me, I have seen tithers whose lives has been transformed by tithing.
Re: About Tithing by ajayikayod: 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
okeyxyz: Again, I don't tithe because it is no where to be found in my doctrines, but I do recognize it forms a great part of the doctrines of quite a number of people, so it is for them to be held accountable to what they belief. And believe you me, I have seen tithers whose lives has been transformed by tithing.

Bros, good evening.

I struggling to get ur stand.
Is it dt u dont tithe but believ in tithe as a doctrine for d church or u dont tithe and dont believ in it as a doctrine for d church.

And also, i hardly talk on issu of tithe because its too rampant here but i find it hard to be quiet whn u bring in FAITH to TITHE. It has no root in d scriptures. Giving (either tithing/offering) to believer must b seen as honoring God not a trade to receive.
Re: About Tithing by okeyxyz(m): 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bros, good evening.

I struggling to get ur stand.
Is it dt u dont tithe but believ in tithe as a doctrine for d church or u dont tithe and dont believ in it as a doctrine for d church.

And also, i hardly talk on issu of tithe because its too rampant here but i find it hard to be quiet whn u bring in FAITH to TITHE. It has no root in d scriptures. Giving (either tithing/offering) to believer must b seen as honoring God not a trade to receive.

I don't tithe because it is not in my level of christianity, it doesn't apply to me. Yes, there are different levels of doctrine/christianity. It's all a matter of what one's level of inspiration/understanding/conviction. People whose conscience are tied to tithes, then their spiritual financial circumstances will be affected by it, but not so for people who don't believe in tithing. Tithing is a covenant(contract) principle, each person is held to account and rewarded according to how faithful(fulfills) he is to his tithing commitment.
Re: About Tithing by PastorKun(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2013
okeyxyz:

I don't tithe because it is not in my level of christianity, it doesn't apply to me. Yes, there are different levels of doctrine/christianity. It's all a matter of what one's level of inspiration/understanding/conviction. People whose conscience are tied to tithes, then their spiritual financial circumstances will be affected by it, but not so for people who don't believe in tithing. Tithing is a covenant(contract) principle, each person is held to account and rewarded according to how faithful(fulfills) he is to his tithing commitment.

So what would you say about most tithers who are faithful yet they have nothing to show for their faithful tithing.

1 Like

Re: About Tithing by okeyxyz(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2013
Pastor Kun:
So what would you say about most tithers who are faithful yet they have nothing to show for their faithful tithing.

cheesy Well, you cannot judge a person's faithfulness from outside observation. The problem is that humans tend to act in bandwagons/herds(hence falling to fraud) rather than out of a personal conviction/calling. faith is meant to be of a clear personal calling, not because it's the popular culture. Unfortunately, religion is more culture than faith.

(1) (Reply)

Android App For Ramadan(ramadan Companion) / Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? / Bishop Oyedepo Top The List Of 10 Richest Pastors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.