Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Your New Year Resolution - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your New Year Resolution (681 Views)

Hilarious New Year Resolution My Friend Sent Me On Whatsapp / Make Your New Year Resolution Here If You've Got Any Lol / What is Your New Year Resolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your New Year Resolution by coolestboy(m): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2013
It's another moment people sit down and make new year resolutions without any substantial means of actualizing them before the year declare its departure.
Its a season of sober reflection, when people resolute to metamorphose from their immoral, bad, wicked, greedy, adulterous act into a new creature filled with the fruits of the spirit.
The plethora enormity of these act can be traced back to the Roman empire. It was a tradition of the Romans to begin each year with staggering promises to the god called JANUS, for whom the month of January is named. The ancient Babylonians made promises to their gods at the start of each year as well, that they would return borrowed objects and pay their debts. At watchnight services, many people prepare for the year ahead by praying in diverse ways and to their gods or God as the case may be, declaring what we call RESOLUTIONS.
Though, there are other religious parallels to this custom. Infact, the practice of new year resolutions partially came from the lenten sacrifices. The concept, regardless of creed, is to reflect upon self-improvement annually.

There are more than enough resolutions man can make at a time like this. Is it that of improving physical wellbeing, ranging from eating healthy meals, losing weight, exercises, drinking less alcohol, quitting smoking; or that of financial improvement by staying out of debt, saving more and making small investment? The students would want to improve their grades and get a better result while others think of self improvement and marital commitments.

But, its shocking, pathetic, egregious, unpalatable, unromantic and satanic that only few of these resolutions come to limelight at the end of the year. A 2007 study by Richard Wiseman from the University of Bristol involving 3,000 people showed that 88% of those who set New Year resolutions fail.

We all have our weaknesses, and that extra ability to work on them makes us a better man, whom the society can reckon with. Lets make our new year resolutions an achievable one by setting out standards to meet our desires.
Above all, lets make God our utmost cum prima priority in the forthcoming 2014.

Itz gönna be a favourable and remarkable year for us all.

Letz feel free to share our new year resolutions?
Re: Your New Year Resolution by Spanishmario(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2013
*finking*
Re: Your New Year Resolution by coolestboy(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2013
My new year resolution is to know God better and closer.
Re: Your New Year Resolution by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 28, 2013
Dunno yet
Re: Your New Year Resolution by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 28, 2013
All New Year Resolutions End In February

1 Like

Re: Your New Year Resolution by Exodus2k(m): 9:15am On Dec 28, 2013
Every reponsible person will set a target for him or her self and work towards it, which i know is resolution. My own is to serve Almighty God and be of good health with my family through out 2014

1 Like

Re: Your New Year Resolution by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2013
martha: All New Year Resolutions End In February
Mine ends immediately after making it.
Re: Your New Year Resolution by coolestboy(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2013
ivy21: Dunno yet
letz have them here as soon as u knw.

(1) (Reply)

Caught In The Act: Police Nab Islamic Cleric Preparing Concoction With Placenta / How Ilorin Pastor Drowned In Flood Water After Heavy Downpour / I'm Available For Any Man Who Wants To Marry Me —iyabo Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.