Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking (24166 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by ifyalways(f): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2013
Keneking: Reason best known to the bank
Interesting.

Imagine the aged forced to do internet banking to pick WU their wards send them.

Very interesting time for the scammers and thieves "within" and outside GTB.

Thank heavens for other banks sha.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by mikymouse1(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2013
ifyalways: Recently,I was at ajose adeogun branch of GTB for a western union transaction. I was shocked when the lady at the counter said " we don't do WU transactions over the counter anymore,you can only receive your WU via internet banking"
I thought it was a joke or something but she was serious. Long story short,I had to use another bank where I operate a savings account to get my WU.

My questions/worries now:
Why would GTB insist and indirectly enforce its customers to activate "internet banking" for WU transactions ? I personally don't do internet banking and I'm sure there are others like me.
Besides,GTB unlike other banks insist on operating a current account with them before one can access WU so why include Internet banking?

Why should I use internet banking to access WU? And if you've used it,how was the process? What's new,any advantage?
Go to Diamondbank and collect your WU over the counter, in addition u must not have a current account, any savings account will suffice.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by adewasco2k(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2013
GTB overrated jor, tho they are still my main bank for now and OP i think you should use the internet banking, it makes banking very easy though they should not force anybody to

1 Like

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Honadeadek(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
wise_many2k: @op, I don't see anything wrong in their action after all, they are abiding to instructions from cbn!

My Brother, whatever you aren't aware of don't be saying it.
When did CBN mandate it for any Receiver of International Transfer to activate their internet banking?
For your information, GTbank is truly overrated as they are yet to reduce their internet banking Token cost to #1,500 as mandated by CBN.
#TeamFirstBank

They pay U in as much as all ya information is correct.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by naijaswag1: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
dopedealer: Do internet banking and stand the chance of been a victim of internet fraud.
Nija Ninjaz are watching #

Developers are gonna be watching. Ethical hackers willl also follow the trends. Daredevil hackers are watching. Someday in 2014, some hacks may occur.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
Yomieluv: Only in Nigeria people are forced to do,or use things why force internet banking on people,when they don't actually want it. Make our internet efficient,and effective,naturally the public will embrace it.
That's true. The UK banking system is highly developed and advanced. Yet, you would still meet several people who would never use internet banking despite the assurance of safe internet banking,they would rather transact on the phone or in the banking hall.

Well. GTB, i only use their services to obtain bank draft in US dollars.
PTA sef..they won't give....

1 Like

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by delors(m): 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2013
eluquenson: GTbank & their wahala, I can only have savings acct with them, that's all.
internet banking is a good idea & go for it if you so desire to bank with them.
Overrated bank undecided
It becomes over rated because you don't want to upgrade. GTbank is d only Nigerian bank that tends to match the kind of services provided by the western world. Over a long period, I sent western union to Naija but clearing it had always been a problem even for my cousins who work in d bank. Its super easy now. Send western to ur self from abroad n deposit the money you sent into your own acct! Easy cheesy! Last week, I sent some kishi to my pal on Lag but he couldn't cash it...the wa hala was terribly much. then I called Gtbank n in 5mins, I deposited the cash into my own gtbank and then shared the money via fx-transfer to other banks. All within 10mins on my iPad. Ain't that easy? Ain't that super? You guys prefer to go and queue for 8hrs in the bank just to cash 2k. Smh. Wake up and embrace innovation. Happy banking!

5 Likes

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
If you aint using internet banking yet i wonder what you could be thinking. Almost every transaction is done online this days by the way Internet Banking saves you lots of stress. I can't remember the last time i saw the inside of a bank
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by delors(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
miky_mouse:
Go to Diamondbank and collect your WU over the counter, in addition u must not have a current account, any savings account will suffice.
No wonder WU Fraud plenty for Diamond bank. Even internal control guys in d bank divert WU. GTbank is the smartest as far as I can tell.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by delors(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
sheymoni: Go get urself a First bank account. It's the best when it comes to western union
Na wah o. So for WU, you open FirstBank,; for good savings acct services, you open gtbank; for current acct services, zenith bank; fir dorm acct, wema bank. WtF is wrong with peeps and stepping up? Internet banking is d easiest service I v seen in a long while. I haven't had a problem with it in years. Everyone uses it. If u can operate Facebook, Twitter, naira land and co, then Internet banking shouldn't be hard. So if eventually all the banks switch to Internet services for WU, sey na AB Micro-finance bank you go switch to? Calling them, even from abroad is super easy, sending money to other banks is a piece of cake, depositing WU into ur own acct is like ABC...people don't queue at banks anymore. even 80yo women do Internet banking on their phones, pads, etc how much more young, vibrant and Internet savvy dudes like you nairaland bad belles? undecided
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Opiosko: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
Village gal.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by kaysy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
[size=20pt]I Love GTBank[/size]
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by lymelyte(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ms_ShaQ: Receiving western union via Internet banking is easier sef. grin
Very easy grin
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by lymelyte(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
ironheart: I dont use GTB, but am happy to hear that they said u should collect it via internet banking. Banks no longer pays in naira, i went to UBA, i almost lost 8.67 naira becos no coins. So i said they should pay all in to my savings acount. Imagine they collect 8.67 naira from 1000 customers? Thats amount to 8670 naira. Na beans? Babe with internet banking u are safe. Where u collected the money, did they pay you the kobo?
Na wa for u oo.. guy u tooo stingy oo
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by lymelyte(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
guardian09:
I opened all my dorm accounts pounds and dollars with zero balance, and all my accounts were opened within 48 hours calabar branch
Didn't they ask u for references from current account holders?
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Chaleeee: to activate GT bank Internet banking, you will be charged N2,250 for admin charges and token. So you see GTB is trying to look for ways to force their products down our throat. For the WU, you will need to open a domicilliary account to be linked to your normal account and you can see this in their Internet banking inter phase. The minimum balance for this dom acct is $100
GTB is bent on extorting us. Though I use the service and it's fast, I still think they shd make the dom acct a $0.00 as minimum balance
You are telling lies. Gtb does not have minimum balance and I operate all accounts with them.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by ironheart(m): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
lymelyte:
guy am not stingy, if they had paid me in dollars, I would have made more money from those mallam. but now u call me stingy for looking for profit? or refusing to be cheated? u no try
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
sheymoni: Go get urself a First bank account. It's the best when it comes to western union
first bank is jus too much, within few minutes u r paid ur money sharp sharp
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by eluquenson(m): 1:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
delors:
It becomes over rated because you don't want to upgrade. GTbank is d only Nigerian bank that tends to match the kind of services provided by the western world. Over a long period, I sent western union to Naija but clearing it had always been a problem even for my cousins who work in d bank. Its super easy now. Send western to ur self from abroad n deposit the money you sent into your own acct! Easy cheesy! Last week, I sent some kishi to my pal on Lag but he couldn't cash it...the wa hala was terribly much. then I called Gtbank n in 5mins, I deposited the cash into my own gtbank and then shared the money via fx-transfer to other banks. All within 10mins on my iPad. Ain't that easy? Ain't that super? You guys prefer to go and queue for 8hrs in the bank just to cash 2k. Smh. Wake up and embrace innovation. Happy banking!
Mind you, most of my financial transactions are done via UDirect(uba internet banking)so don't foam here whether you send fx or transfer fx that's not the basis for this thread.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by guardian09(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
lymelyte:
Even at that I got it opened in 48 hours boss I used references within the same bank.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by warrenweste(m): 2:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
lymelyte:

Hahaha lol..as in ova stingy chai grin cheesy
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by jossy501: 2:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
lymelyte:
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by adusco(m): 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Raymondfayowole: If i may ask wat is western union

western Union is the union of the western statesrolleyes
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by chucky234(m): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
eluquenson: GTbank & their wahala, I can only have savings acct with them, that's all.
internet banking is a good idea & go for it if you so desire to bank with them.
Overrated bank undecided
How dare you refers to my bank as overrated bank, GTB lead others follow.
If e pain you too much then go and die.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by jossy501: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
In my own opinion, i will vote for internet banking anytime any day because it make your transaction very easy with no stress especially for those in the diaspora.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
And some moomoo people are HYPING this stoopid bank.
I'd rather stick with Wema bank. mtcheeew
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by fittty(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
OAM4J: My dear upgrade to internet banking. Dont be afraid of someone stealing your money. To me it makes things even simpler and easier. Also saves you the stress of leaving home and queing at the bank for hours.

I heard it cost about N3,000 to activate your internet banking. Websites do ask for an activation code before purchasing things or services online kine
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by callmenow: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Why western union. Are you so poor that you need to receive WU? Find job sharp sharp. That is why this country is very corrupt.

ifyalways: Recently,I was at ajose adeogun branch of GTB for a western union transaction. I was shocked when the lady at the counter said " we don't do WU transactions over the counter anymore,you can only receive your WU via internet banking"
I thought it was a joke or something but she was serious. Long story short,I had to use another bank where I operate a savings account to get my WU.

My questions/worries now:
Why would GTB insist and indirectly enforce its customers to activate "internet banking" for WU transactions ? I personally don't do internet banking and I'm sure there are others like me.
Besides,GTB unlike other banks insist on operating a current account with them before one can access WU so why include Internet banking?

Why should I use internet banking to access WU? And if you've used it,how was the process? What's new,any advantage?
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by eluquenson(m): 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
callmenow: Why western union. Are you so poor that you need to receive WU? Find job sharp sharp. That is why this country is very corrupt.

What is this one saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by Lincolnburrows(m): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
ironheart: I dont use GTB, but am happy to hear that they said u should collect it via internet banking. Banks no longer pays in naira, i went to UBA, i almost lost 8.67 naira becos no coins. So i said they should pay all in to my savings acount. Imagine they collect 8.67 naira from 1000 customers? Thats amount to 8670 naira. Na beans? Babe with internet banking u are safe. Where u collected the money, did they pay you the kobo?
This is poor man's reasoning. My dear u need to grow more than 8.67 and stop being petty.
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by eluquenson(m): 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
chucky234: How dare you refers to my bank as overrated bank, GTB lead others follow.
If e pain you too much then go and die .
This one they para o grin
Re: GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking by odiyaka(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
if you scared of hackers at a public café. GTBank has a internet banking PCs in each of their branches. So no excuse!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China Coronavirus: Apple Temporarily Closes All 42 Stores In China / 13 Online Business Ideas That Can Make You A Lot Of Money In 2019 / If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.