Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Export Car To Nigerian - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Export Car To Nigerian (6111 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020 / Shipping A Car To Nigeria - What Every Buyer Should Know. / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Export Car To Nigerian by benincitys(f): 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2008
what are the regulation on export/import a car from germany2nigeria? is it true its only possible 2 import cars up to 8 years 2 nigeria? how 2 export/import 10to15 year old cars to nigeria?
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by benincitys(f): 8:59am On Aug 05, 2008
please help me on the question.
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by property12: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2008
only through container if you know what i mean
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by ssRhino: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
I will advice that it is better you do such shipping via cotonue, cos it is still legal with proper documentations if you bring them in thru Cotonue, I will never advice u take such risk even if they are containerized.
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by benincitys(f): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
property12, i don't know what you mean .
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by Anivara: 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2008
I believe it is still illegal to import 2nd hand cars older than 5 years old into Nigeria. Even if the car is in a container, the rules still apply.
To the best of my knowledge the only way to do this is to have an insider that will turn a blind eye to the year of registration.

Ai
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by ssRhino: 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2008
Anivara, you have been misinformed.
You can only import into nigeria 2nd hand vehicle of 8 years and newer.
I will advice u stick to the rules, either u have insider or not, Insider will sell u for the highest bidder at snap of his fingers
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by brownbonno(m): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2008
$$Rhino:

I will advice that it is better you do such shipping via cotonue, because it is still legal with proper documentations if you bring them in through Cotonue

Could you please elaborate on this please.
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by vanesa(m): 8:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
You can import cars older than 8 years into Nigeria, you only have to pay double the clearing price. I sent 2 BENZ190 last month from Germany and my agent was able to clear it.
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by ssRhino: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2008
vanesa:

You can import cars older than 8 years into Nigeria, you only have to pay double the clearing price. I sent 2 BENZ190 last month from Germany and my agent was able to clear it.

that is a real bad risk that is not worth taking, besides, why would i wanna pay double, when u cld add that other half to buy something that will be admitted into the nation leggally without corner corner, or better still just send it via cotonue.
Re: Export Car To Nigerian by benincitys(f): 10:46pm On Aug 06, 2008
vanesa  how did you do it please help me out.
vanesa:

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Rims / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) / I Almost "Stole" A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.