Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (41565 Views)

Photo: Is This The Best Way Of Securing Your Car From Theft? / Cost To Ship A Bus From Arkansas To Lagos. / How Much Does It Really Cost To Ship A Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by assemblyl: 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2007
Best Way To Ship To Lagos And Clearing Cost?

I am planning to send a Toyota Avensis to Lagos from the UK to apapa rather than Cotonou.
Questions.

1) How much should i budget for clearing?
2) Is it worth putting it in a container to prevent the car being stripped?
3) Can I just do roro and make sure the funds and documents are in place before the car lands so as to make things quick.
4) At what points are things stolen from cars on the ship or when in the car park in Lagos?
5) Lastly how long does clearing take from start to finish?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by rafcrown(m): 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2007
I CURRENTLY LIVE IN NORTH LONDON .I ALWAYS BUY SMALL VANS AND CARS FROM EUROPE TO LAGOS NIGERIA DIRECT.I HAVE A RELIABLE CLEARING AGENT WHO IS DOING A FANTASTIC JOB.I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY BAD EXPERIENCE SINCE HE HAS BEEN CLEARING MY VEHICLES RELIABLE AND REASONABLE CHARGES AND FAST.I CAN RECOMMEND HIM TO U.HE IS IN A BETTER POSITION TO ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS
IF U GO TO A BAD CLEARING AGENT,IT WILL COST MORE TIME AND MONEY
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by obua: 10:36am On Mar 04, 2007
1) How much should i budget for clearing?
Depends on age/make/engine capacity budget 250-350 for most cars

2) Is it worth putting it in a container to prevent the car being stripped? Cars are not stripped if they are cleared early enough. For very expensive cars ,it is advisable to crate them. New cars in the port are rarely crated. With the reforms in the ports, stripping of cars is very difficult now.

3) Can I just do roro and make sure the funds and documents are in place before the car lands so as to make things quick. Arrange for the papers to come in by courier.

4) At what points are things stolen from cars on the ship or when in the car park in Lagos? Right now with reforms in the ports , a lot of stealing is done on some transshippment routes outside Nigeria. If it is a bare car, you will certainly not lose much. The biggest stuff that I have lost is relay that cost less than 1k to replace

5) Lastly how long does clearing take from start to finish? If all papers/cash are ready, you can get your car out in 5 day max. I have an agent who clears for me.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by romeo(m): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2007
clearing takes like 250k for small cars and 450k for 4x4s
and you can do VIP shipment to avoid stripping and that cost's like 150-200 euro, depending on shipping company
and the rest depends on the agent (if he's not a criminal)
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by godfadda6(m): 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2007
i need to ship an ice cream machine from uk aw do i go bout it?

pls any one with knowlegde pls pm me

deji_lawani@yahoo.com
08023908614 ,08053107729
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by anon101(f): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2007
pls i need to ship my car form the states to nigeria , i got tthe car for 6000 dollars a pathfinder . do you think its worth putting it in a container ?

1 Like

Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 07, 2007
Blacknbold, what year is your Nissan Pathfinder? I got one in New Jersey for $6000 also, year 2000.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by Bossman(m): 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2007
Depending on where it's being shipped from in the US, how (container or not, and the size of the car(car, truck, van) the cost will vary. Early last year, I shipped a 2004 Toyota Sequoia in a container from the Houston port for $2000. Not sure how much my dad cleared it. But I think they the clearing cost is also based on the year, value, size, etc. The car itself was $22,000. For a $6000 car, I would not even bother with a container.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by oom62: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2007
rafcrown - Can you pls give me some information on your clearing agent and the contact number if you dont mind, as reliable people are hard to come by, especially naijas. Thanks.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by rafcrown(m): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2007
Hi
my
e mail address is
rafcrownus@yahoo.com

i cant just write his no .sorry
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by nightrider: 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2007
Please how long does it take for a car shipped from chicago to arrive apapa port. i would like to ship 3 honda accords (ivtecs) maybe 2004 model, does anyone know how much it would cost to clear it at apapa port and how long it will take to arrive.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by JonIbadan: 8:11am On Nov 08, 2007
i have found a reliable car shipper.

www.carsexport.eu

I recommend that you read Questions and Answers on their website.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by IYaeto(f): 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2007
@ godfadda: Is it an ice cream making machine or van?

If its a machine, get in touch with your nearest cargo agent. Opt for sending it via ship (it would be put on a pallet) ans sent via container with other goods -Grouppage.

Also depending on the size, if its very bulky- take a lot of space, shipping by air would be calculated in terms of volume.

The advantage of shipping via container is that it's cheaper, and you can add other things as well on thesame pallet as long its not taller than 6ft.

The advantage of by air is that it's quicker and gets to Nigeria in days

Disadvantage of shipping by sea/container, if your agent hasn't got enough items/goods to load into a container, it takes forever.

Depending on where you are in the UK,I have a good cargo agent that I use frequently. (mind you I'm not advertising for the agent o).

I've been using the cargo agent since around 1999 and I haven't had any problems with him.

Good luck
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by Bossman(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2007
I agree. Recently shipped a couple of cars to Lagos. It took about 4 weeks to get there from Dallas. Will be shipping another one in a few weeks. The shipper had to make sure he can fill the container before giving me a firm shipping date. The previous 2 were trucks an they cost $2300 each to ship. This one I am about to ship is a sedan and shipping was $2000.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by presido1: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2007
How much does truck head cost in yankee, mack to be specific.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by Jino(f): 4:14am On Nov 20, 2007
Hi, I need to ship a panel van to Lagos this week. Please email me info on reliable shippers and agents. jinoa@btopenworld.com. Many thanks
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by wweekes(m): 6:44am On Jan 31, 2008
Hi,

Im a shipping company that does Roll on Roll off shipping for cars and suv's from 1500.00 to 2600.00 depending on the size and the country its going to. We are also a DHL Authorized shipping center that provides 30-40 percent off of all DHL shipments, We also do ocean cargo to Nigeria @ $350 per CBM. We are located in Orange, NJ, and accept Credit Cards for all DHL Shipments. We are a licensed and bonded company and licensed with the FMC as a NVOCC. for more information please contact us @ 973-674-8932. or via email at wweekes@gmail.com

--
WESLEY W. WEEKES JR.
International Logistics Coordinator
WW Messenger & Shiping Co.
51 Main St.
Orange, NJ 07050
Phone: 973-674-8932
Fax: 973-675-1300
Email: wweekes@gmail.com
A DHL Preferred Provider
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by SeyiJay(m): 3:18pm On Jan 31, 2008
@ godfadda6

I cant help but notice your email ad quoted: deji lawani. . . Question is, do you happen to know these guys: Femi and Kunle Lawani? They lived in Bodija, Ibadan and we attended Methodist Gramms, Bodija together in the mid 80s. I need to know their whereabouts. Pls feed me if u know som'thn 'bout'em.
Thx.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by wweekes(m): 3:09am On Feb 23, 2008
SHIPPING COST OF CARS TO WEST AFRICA.

Category I Category II Category III
up to 400 cft 401-650 cft 651-899 cft
Used Cars Used Small Vans Used Big Vans

Dakar & Tema: $1,210.00 $1,255.00 $1,575.00

Lagos $1,345.00 $1,400.00 $1,895.00

Douala,
Pointe Noire,
Monrovia,
Banjul,
Conakry,
Freetown $1,650.00 $1,950.00 $2,290.00

Luanda & Boma $1,695.00 $1,750.00 $2,145.00

Lome & Cotonou $1,400.00 $1,480.00 $1,825.00

*******All Cotonou Shipments are subject to a $35 Cargo Tracking Note**

--
WESLEY W. WEEKES JR.
International Logistics Coordinator
WW Messenger & Shipping Co.
51 Main St.
Orange, NJ 07050
Phone: 973-674-8932
Fax: 973-675-1300
Mobile: 804-926-3708
Email: wweekes@gmail.com
A DHL Preferred Provider
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by blacksta(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2008
thanks
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by abujabooks(f): 11:36am On Jun 17, 2008
@Iyaeto,

Post the details.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by astar2008(m): 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2008
I live in the uk, i have just shipped a mecerdes C320 to Lagos cleared through Apapa, i had no problems shipping RO RO, the car arrived as shipped, i believe speed of clearance is important once it arrives in lagos.
i have a good Clearing agent who can get your car out of the port in 2 - 3 days Max drop me a note if you are interested and i will give you his details.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by abujabooks(f): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2008
@Astar2008,

I checked your profile but your email is hidden.

Please email me the details of the guy at abujabooks@gmail.com
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by astar2008(m): 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2008
Abujabooks
i have not got round to doing the profile bit on this forum thing, i will do soon. i'll send you his details via your personal email.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by yakubu1: 10:10am On Jul 14, 2008
I would like to ship my Audi TT from the UK to Nigeria. Could anyone recommend a reliable shipping company and clearing agent, as wll as provide some indication of cost?
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by IYaeto(f): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
@ Abujabooks , Check your emai. Sorry it took this long. wink
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by shopeuro: 2:30pm On Sep 16, 2008
We export cars and trucks directly from Germany to Africa.
All our cars are Left Hand Drive and in perfect conditions.

Please visit our website
www.carsexport.eu
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by janedoe(f): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2009
astar2008 (or any other kind hearted broda or sistah)could you please send me a reliable clearing agents' contact info?I need to ship a car to Lagos Naija.My email addy is boxmyjunk@yahoo.com.thanks.
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by lomaxbien(m): 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2009
HEY GUYS UP FOR SALE IS A HONDA (1995)BULLDOG, GOLD COLOURED EXTERIOR AND BROWN INTERIOR,AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH A WELL SERVICED ENGINE AND A LOW MILIAGE.
A FORD WINDSTER 1999 .
DARK GREEN EXTERIOR AND A CREAM COLOUS INTERIOR,
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND TINTED GLASS
BOTH RIDES HAVE FACTORY FITTED ACCONDITIONER AND JUST HAD THEM SHIPPED FROM AMERICAN.PICTURES WILL BE UPLOADED SOON.
FOR INSPECTION PLZ CALL 08038393151
LOMAXBIEN
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by atlmiami(m): 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2009
Our company offers Auto and Truck Shipping in Containers and Ro-Ro from New Jersey and Miami to all destinations in Africa, Including Nigeria.
Please contact me for any questions via email to skype:
E-mail: michael@usca-seabell.com

Look forward hearing from you soon.

Rds,
Michael
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by bimsbims(f): 6:15am On Jan 10, 2009
Hello, please can you send me pictures of the cars especially the Honda 1995 model, as well as the ford winster?Also I will like to know the prices for them thanks.
My email is helenariyibi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? by kriskross1: 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2009
Accessport is the best way to do it. The company is located in Apapa right at the port so they clear you shipment promptly.
here: http://accessport.org/

Tosin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! / Coscharis Introduces The First BMW X7 (PHOTOS) / RE: Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars (Misleading Post By AutoReportNG)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.