Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Getting Married To Your Age mate - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting Married To Your Age mate (70341 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
@op, am in ur shoes n i must say, she is a month older dan i am but i dont care, u know y? cuz am in love. d truth z wat if we dont kip count of age, wat if d 10 years younger lady isnt anytin like her?. follow ur heart brother, u not alone. all d best
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by vislabraye(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27: I decided to post this in family section because I know there are a lot of people with mature minds and experiences especially married folks.

I recently came across an old schoolmate in primary school whom I had a crush on then. I was such a good boy then so wasn't into all that. Few months ago, we started communicating. She is in another state working. Since then we have gotten so close.

She came down to the town I stay enroute her village and we spent a few days together. We realised we are in love with each other. When she left, I felt an emptiness and she too has been missing me.

I'm in my early 30's and ready for marriage. I will love to marry her but my only problem is that she is my age mate.

Please, is there any problem in getting married to your age mate?

Some people feel its not right because
1) She may not be loyal and submissive
2) By the time she drops two kids, she will look quite older than me

I haven't told her anything about marriage. Would want to clear some grounds first and then take some months to know her more before letting my intentions known fully well.

Please, what do you feel about this? I need mature advice on this. I'm at crossroads now and will appreciate your input.

Thanks

If the love is mutual, go ahead. As for aging,its something U should accept. Women tend to age more than their husbands. Not all the time but most of the time.
If that won't bother U, go ahead.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by meforyou1(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bro, marry her sharpaly. Moreover u guys still connected. How she looks after 1 or 2 entirely depends on her. u a times see mother and daughter and still ask "who's the mother who's the daughter?"my wife is in her mid 30s but still look like a jambite
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jjwaterfalls(f): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
I am currently dating a guy who is same age with me and its bin going on for 6yrs now. Though there are challengies, but love and understanding matters a lot whether in relationship on in marriage.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by kalufelix(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: That should be her worry not yours because it's a fact that men tend to age faster than ladies, few men are exceptions to this.
men age faster than ladies??
that is soo not true both physically, biologically and otherwise. I think men just have a tendency of dying before ladies
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: no wonder the 16 yrs old boy I am dating now is seeing me as his mate and is already talking of marrying me

e b like na u d op dey talk about oo..... Op abeg check dis handle as anytin can apun lols
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ennyhollar: There is noting bad on it, but wat is there is that u should not let her now ur really age, So she can give more respect to ur siblings.
OYINBO BU AGBARA

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Janetozi(f): 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Go ahead & marry her jare, this question is unnecessary. What about women who are 2,3,4,5 &even 6 years older than their husband, does it mean that they can't be submissive to there husband if they want to? A well brought about woman will submit to her husband as the head of the family whether she is older than him or not. The only thing that can make a woman not to be submissive to her husband is when the man start cheating on her or not able to provide for the family financial needs, not age difference. & i don't believe that because you 2 are agemate that she will "look more older than u" after giving birth, this case does not apply to every woman, some women retain their shape even after giving birth to all there children.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

As I get older. . . THE GAP WIDENS. . . .
Sooooooooooooooooo I would have to say NO!
It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

I need a man. . . not a boy! kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

THE BIGGER THE SHOE SIZE. . . THE SMALLER THE BRAIN! kiss

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

Haha! Why are you so hard on us? Are we that bad?
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by bist: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
Vallotti: As a female. . . I HAVE NEVER MET ANY MALE MY AGE MATE THAT IS AS A DEVELOPMENTAL/COGNITIVE EQUAL.
They tend to act 10 or 20 YEARS IN THE DEFICIENCY column emotionally and spirtually-speaking. To put it directly. . . THEY ACT LIKE IJJJIOTS! kiss

It would not work for me. I NEED A 10 YEAR GAP!!!! So, I CAN HAVE SOME TIME AND PATIENCE WITH HIS AZZZZZZZZZZZE THAT REFUSES TO GROW UP!!!kiss

SHE WILL OUTGROW YOU IN ABOUT 5 YEARS. . . .AND LOOK LIKE YOUR MOTHER IF SHE AGES LIKE MOST NIGERIAN OR NAIRALAND WOMEN!!!! grin

Age does not usually correlate with maturity. . . BUT IN MY DEALINGS WITH NIGERIAN MAN. . . .

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

I think the problem iz wit u love, u shud ask ur self, what is it with your poo.sea that attracts only idiats!. Cos its a known fact that flies are only attracted to dirts n sh.it....no hard feelings.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2013
Eidos_ky: No NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!! U NEED TO SEE MY MOM.... SHE IS 7YRS YOUNGER BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE MY DADS GRANNY........

na ur papa propose to ur mama or ur papa people propose....... Village tinz nawink
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by meforyou1(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
tunero1010: Age mate? just think about the future, think of when both of u are 70s then she would look like 80.her sexual drive will also drop then u are still active
people in their early 30s your are asking him to think of 40 years later. Will you yourself be alive in 40 years time? Sir, you are a very foollish adviser

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Johnklein(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
the fact is age sometimes doesn't determines stature nowadays.
there are lotta 20yr old women who looks like 30
and even 30yrasrs who looks like there in mid twenties.
moreover age doesn't mean she will respect u or not, it depends on her nature and how you treat her. don't forget the fact that respect is earned. if someone of ur age can't respect u there are every possibilities that someone you are older than wont respect u.
take good care of ur wife then she looks younger with good daily exercise. take care of ur self too ooo

like others had said age is nothin but a number, earnyour respect . your a man neva force people to respect you cuz u are older. PLAY THE MAN IN YOU
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by kalufelix(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
IYA NGBALI: no wonder the 16 yrs old boy I am dating now is seeing me as his mate and is already talking of marrying me
age is just a number you know grin
age is just a number you know
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by duni04(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2013
Its good when she's at least 5yrs younger than me so wen we get older, she'll still b fresh n suple n there won't be temptation 2 sample younger chics outside grin
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Johnklein(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
duni04: Its good when she's at least 5yrs younger than me so wen we get older, she'll still b fresh n suple n there won't be temptation 2 sample younger chics outside grin
see u who told you u wouldn't even b tempted the second day of your wedding

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by 190theclown: 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
If you reach 50 who wan help you hold walking stick

u had better marry a lady you're 10years older

so when you're 50 she can still assist you

its not about now its about the future, thats how its always been nor dull yourself grin

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by NAJALYN: 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
All required to make the marriage work is love and mutual respect for each other. Make your does and donts known to each other and you will succeed. But still study her before you propose to be on the saffer side.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2013

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

you are so fucking daft, i have never come across a more stupid,beguiled and myopic person like you. if you fucking need your grand dad to be your husband then by all means do so,i'm sure you havent found him yet. keep your stupid opinions to yourself and am really sure you live a sedantry lifestlye thats why you want get married to an old man so as not to worry yourself with keeping active and looking better, jesus,you sound so fucking dumb, were you teleported from the 16th century

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by pek(m): 8:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Ennyhollar: There is noting bad on it, but wat is there is that u should not let her now ur really age, So she can give more respect to ur siblings.
very difficult to comprehend what you wrote. bye and bye, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong in marrying your age mate. we create problems where none exists. you love her, she loves you, you are compatible, end of story!
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by jreyez(m): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2013
My gf is 6yrs older than me,but people see it otherwise like I'm her senior.....

It's not a bad thing at all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Newkidoo(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Marrying ur age mate is d best marriage I have long to have..

read this thread..

www.nairaland.com/1572324/typical-nairalander
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by maumau1: 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
my very good friends senior sister is married to a man she is 7 years older than, she is not only very rich, infact she respect her husband and pet him like a baby, they have 5 kids.
my brother, u see marriage is not age, beauty. hight, colour,. marriage is more than all that....... i hve been married for 5years and we are same age .... is all about communication. how does this person understand and accept issues. the way u will study ur girlfriend is not the same u study ur wife o.
the issue that she will get old b4 u or after having babies is rubbish.... even if na village woman self. it is the way she carries and take care of herself, she can still luk very smart even after 11 children.
follow ur heart. all the best

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by kobikwelu(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bad idea...

have you seen couples in their 70's...

most times, the guy is waay older than the lady....but at that point they are well matched...

well, one shoe does not fit all....
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2013

OP. . . goodluck! kiss

The legendary BootyOnMe, Calloti, etc, etc. etc. now Vallotti!

I'm the biggest fan of your evidently insane self. The username might change a million times, but the e-identity and e-personality remain the same. . . .outrageously distinct and inimitable.

Oya throw the darts.

@ Topic,

Nothing wrong with marrying one's age mate. Whether she is 20 years older or 20 years younger, she would most likely make your life miserable. If she so happens to be in the small minority of women who have the kind of personality and traits required to make life pleasant for a decent man (which you cannot be sure of until after the fact), then her age is totally irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by yomiousyolola: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
Only a question is what I need you to think of :Is she fanning your flames?If she is then age I'd useless if you love her! grin
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by lomaxx: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
pro01:

The legendary BootyOnMe, Calloti, etc, etc. etc. now Vallotti!

I'm the biggest fan of your evidently insane self. The username might change a million times, but the e-identity and e-personality remain the same. . . .outrageously distinct and inimitable.

Oya throw the darts.

^ ^

“Mu che che che”. grin grin grin

Me sef dey wait cheesy
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by eghosarita: 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
Destiny27: I decided to post this in family section because I know there are a lot of people with mature minds and experiences especially married folks.

I recently came across an old schoolmate in primary school whom I had a crush on then. I was such a good boy then so wasn't into all that. Few months ago, we started communicating. She is in another state working. Since then we have gotten so close.

She came down to the town I stay enroute her village and we spent a few days together. We realised we are in love with each other. When she left, I felt an emptiness and she too has been missing me.

I'm in my early 30's and ready for marriage. I will love to marry her but my only problem is that she is my age mate.

Please, is there any problem in getting married to your age mate?

Some people feel its not right because
1) She may not be loyal and submissive
2) By the time she drops two kids, she will look quite older than me

I haven't told her anything about marriage. Would want to clear some grounds first and then take some months to know her more before letting my intentions known fully well.

Please, what do you feel about this? I need mature advice on this. I'm at crossroads now and will appreciate your input.

Thanks
I usually don't have time logging in and responding to comments, I just read through, but couldn't help but respond to you. First of all it is immaturity for you to come to nairaland to ask such question, so if they say no u will really take what theu say, if I know d girl, I will advice her not to marry u,as a man d proper thing is for u to sit down and think if she is d woman u want to be with regardless of age, getting fat or old after childbirth, or any other thing that has to do with physical attribute. If age is your only setback from marying her then u had better start making plans for ur wedding.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by duni04(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
jreyez: My gf is 6yrs older than me,but people see it otherwise like I'm her senior.....

It's not a bad thing at all. cheesy
Enjoy it while it lasts. When you enter 40 and or 45 and you're stuck with a 50yr old woman in the house, you'll remember this thread wella grin
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
my nigga if u got money n power u get respect but u got none of dose 2 my nigga u b on high way to disrespect.

but if she truly hav d old school love for u, u good to go but my nigga if is d new school shit men I dont think so.
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Abbelyte04(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
In my own view, i will give you the go ahead... When i was 21, i dated a lady of 28 and am encourage to do thesame even in marriage because mine experiences with her were crazy love, maturity/respect for each other rated higher than the one's i had with younger dates and so on...
Re: Getting Married To Your Age mate by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
You saaaaaayyyaaayyy, it's cause of my age girl, but age aint nothing but a numberrrrr, it a nothing but a number ohhhoooohh baby!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Pretty Annateshia Omotolani And Her Long Hair In New Photoshoot / 10 Richest Families In Nigeria 2018 By ManucheTv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.