Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer (1523 Views)

How To Open And Run A School Successfully / Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / 4 Steps On How To Open And Work With Clickbank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer by dricg: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
guys
I am a medical lab scientist and i wish to fight human right battle for the poor, the less privileged and some innocent civillians (like traders that police and other armed force men detains on the nigerian road may be for 20 naira).
human abuse, life abuse and the likes. E.g. you may have seen by Nigerian road sides where uniformed force men are roughly and unhumanly drilling some drivers either with frog jump with two hands on ears under the sun or rolling on the mod. When you look very well on the issue, you may end up discovering that the driver would not have been handled like that if he has somebody somewhere to speak for him.
I wish to form organisation that will either stop such de-humanization or fight for those helpless people. we may just circulate phone numbers, some good citizens may call whenever they see such inferences. we may prosecute the particular forcemen or their organisation. when we fight and win four to five cases with the claims for such, similar occurrences will at least reduce if not stopped completely.
I don't know how to fight this battle to make it strong enough and a voice that can not be looked down on in Nigeria even if it is a big man high on top like Nigeria president that malhandle a commoner, we may take it up regally.
I am thinking to register an NGO or a law chamber, employ and be paying some lawyers who may have the mind of activists.
the chamber may not charge people for filing their cases. we may get money to pay salary to our lawyers from amount that will come from cases we won in the court. (sure almost all our cases, we will win because sure maltreatment is not encouraged in any constitutional law.
Please I want guys to advise me on how to go about this since I am not a lawyer. can I register a law chamber? if not how do I go about it?
if i register a law chamber, how do I manage it in such a way that the lawyers I employ does not frustrate the plans? please is there anything I need to know that will make this vision a possibility? can I get a good citizen who know how best to go about this to guide me? Please your contributions are needed to help the poor Nigerians out of this helpless conditions.
Nigeria is corrupt that someone need to fight corruption and evil from total independent point of view. In a way that we will not need government help, because we will also fight the government organisations if they rough handle any body.
Those that will wish to join this battle are welcome. Those that will like to give me professional advise on the way forward please you are welcome. you can contact me personally on icgabriel@ymail.com
(Call: +2348038919825)
thanks.
Re: Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer by edmasta01: 1:32am On Dec 29, 2013
Why waste your time on a venture that is dead before you start.

Here's what you should do: Find an organisation that is doing this already, support them with your time, money etc.

Learn how they do it. in 12 months, you will know if you should start your own organisation or not.

Cheers
Re: Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer by admcompub: 7:20am On Dec 29, 2013
Actualy, your idea is not bad, what you can do is to get a a retired business administrator (manager) and a certified defensive Lawyer to join you, write down your business plans and get registered as an NGO,then you can form you board of Directors and start to operat little by little and at the same time seek advices from different sources,and look for other Professionals to join your group and before you know it, it has been fully functioning.and recorgnised by the public.you guys will be working locally and service free cases.
Re: Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer by i1: 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
A non lawyer cannot setup a law chamber, its like asking a carpenter to set up a hospital!
The way forward is to open an Ngo to cover your area of interests then employ lawyers to go to court for you. However you will need to have huge funds since Ngo's are not for profit organizations and most cases will be done for free(pro bono basis).
Re: Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer by Easycash321: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
edmasta01: Why waste your time on a venture that is dead before you start.

Here's what you should do: Find an organisation that is doing this already, support them with your time, money etc.

Learn how they do it. in 12 months, you will know if you should start your own organisation or not.

Cheers

Why not tell him about one or two if you wish to help him.
He ask because he did not know what to do or where to go. I believe you have the right information. Pls supply. I am also interested on this matter.
Re: Law Chamber: How To Open And Run Successful Nigeria Chamber As Non Lawyer by edmasta01: 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
Easycash321:

Why not tell him about one or two if you wish to help him.
He ask because he did not know what to do or where to go. I believe you have the right information. Pls supply. I am also interested on this matter.

Tell him what exactly?

Go go Google.com and type in "human right organisation in Nigeria" or anything similar.

Simples!

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Playing Games! / 1960bet Refused To Payout Won Bets / Make Money Online With Dollarupload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.