Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category (30330 Views)

Burnaboy's Camp Denies He Assaulted Any Lady In PH / Burnaboy Allegedly Assaults A Salesgirl In Port-Harcourt / D'banj, Killz And Burnaboy Chilling (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by SpicyMimi(f): 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
What shocked shocked so he didn't win that award? My baby deserves that award nah! What's all dz sef?

You guys just ruined my night!

Don't worry baby, you better than Headies! Grammy awaits you...wink

BurnaGirl wink
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Sike(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2013
Abu Mikey:

I knew Sean Tizzle was gonna win the award, but everybody knows Burna Boy deserved it the most. With hit songs like

1) Smooth Sailing
2) Yawa Dey
3) We like to Party
4) Run My Race

And he has already dropped an Album.

Damn!!
The headies is all messed up already.

Malfunctioning Microphone
Below Par stage Performance
Staged designed like a Fashion Show runway undecided
Poor lighting effect ....
Mode 9ine award...

Sh#t!

Headies 2013 na rubbish, I swear! grin

enough said.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by ejifranks(m): 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2013
Dp
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by ejifranks(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
12 inches!:

Very funny from someone who says sentiments apart yet you're putting alot of sentiments in your judgement on who is a better musician.
I'm very passionate about music and I would defend it any day any where that Burna is more "Next Rated" than Sean Tizzle. I have boycotted many awards. I used to be a huge fan of the grammies but I dont watch that anymore ever since Chris brown and Jordin Sparks lost their award for best collaboration to Robert Plancks and Alisson crus. All in all, Chris brown is still selling records today. Awards mean nothing in the music industry esp in a country like Nigeria. The fans will always decide. The way the club goes wild when " Yawa dey" comes on. Who is the most promising Burna or Sean Tizzle.

Answer isnt too difficult.
unless you say otherwise, I believe that this awards were given based on votes from fans. If this is the case then sean tizzle must be doing something better than burna boy music and publicity wise.don't you think so.. Pls dnt give me the-" its politics line" or "the awards is a yoruba awards"(am igbo)or mtn influenced the results", all this allegations lack evidences and cannot stand.. I am a passionate musi artist and follower and refuse to throw objectivity into the dustbin while reviewing my fellow artists songs and and their all round musicmanship. Like I said in my earlier post burnaboy is far ahead of Sean T talentwise(can the same be said publicity wise?) Bbut within the period under review Sean T had a more massive hit in Sholee than any of !urna boy hits(u can visit radio and cable music directors and djs and get this fact from them)kapsh

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by OmoUSH(m): 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
That burn of a boy is too arrogant. I detest that talentless dude.
Anyway, who send all these crappy and giftless so-called artists. Bastard unknownlocal morons

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by ejifranks(m): 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
OmoUSH: That burn of a boy is too arrogant. I detest that talentless dude.
Anyway, who send all these crappy and giftless so-called artists. Bastard unknownlocal morons
burna boy talentless Which planet are u insmh
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by oduaboy1: 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
12inchies.:
The way the club goes wild when " Yawa dey" comes on.
Is the same way the club goes wilder anytime "sho lee"is being played..So spare us the sanctimous crap.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by ejifranks(m): 11:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
odua boy: Is the same way the club goes wilder anytime "sho lee"is being played..So spare us the sanctimous crap.
dats wat am trying to make him understand yawa dey was never in par wih sholeee..sholee was seriouzly massive.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by spays(m): 12:03am On Dec 30, 2013
Omo I just dey read different view's since but as far as am concerned lyrics no dey sell 4 naija again na beat we dey listen to most of all dis burnaboy nd sean trizzle song no get meaning at all especially dat sean trizzle wey get davido baseball head if una like abuse me I no kuku care no be my business
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dabossman(m): 12:18am On Dec 30, 2013
Hhm..., I can bet my next pay cheque that 80% of the folks venting here didn't bother to cast a vote for either Burna or Sean Tizzle. Personally, I like Burna for creating his own unique style, but hey I didn't vote or anything so I won't come here and start casting aspersions on the awards.

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Revolva(m): 12:25am On Dec 30, 2013
i see..they could have given it to Burna Boy na.i tire for them..oooo kai......wetin sean tizzle sing sef....na Dtunes thy just assist the guy
http://2rootsentng..com/2013/12/promo-5-discount-on-video-shoots-with.html
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by spays(m): 12:27am On Dec 30, 2013
5000 likes to u joor
dabossman: Hhm..., I can bet my next pay cheque that 80% of the folks venting here didn't bother to cast a vote for either Burna or Sean Tizzle. Personally, I like Burna for creating his own unique style, but hey I didn't vote or anything so I won't come here and start casting aspersions on the awards.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by jhidey08(m): 12:35am On Dec 30, 2013
If dis story is true, den small pikin stil dey worry am. Wetin he wan make pple lyk Cristiano Ronaldo do? Afta watching Lionel Messi live in an HD win 4 straight Ballon D'or, he neva quit. Everything isn't abt hw gud u're in doing dem, bt ur attitude towards it. Let Burna go and check himself well.

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by safarigirl(f): 1:14am On Dec 30, 2013
jhidey08: If dis story is true, den small pikin stil dey worry am. Wetin he wan make pple lyk Cristiano Ronaldo do? Afta watching Lionel Messi live in an HD win 4 straight Ballon D'or, he neva quit. Everything isn't abt hw gud u're in doing dem, bt ur attitude towards it. Let Burna go and check himself well.
Messi was better than CR7 during the seasons under review, he knows that and he no send, CR7 for vex if dem dey dash the thing to Rooney for instance when he know say he better pass am.

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Emaprince: 2:37am On Dec 30, 2013
Wealthyone:

The most tribalistic pple on earth is Igbo. U hate yorubas and u refuse to leave lagos and ibadan and "we" still accommodate and save ur bony Assss.
St.upid ediiot!!!!....you talking about leaving lagos but when they talk about diivision of nigeria una go dey cry...and why don't you tell your people in igboland to come back
Leave lagos and that dirty ibadan as if your lazy brothers and fathers can survive on their own if not for visitors?

3 Likes

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by chiwuike20: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2013
I don't even know sean tizzle, how then did he win dat award?" Leggings award"
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by oladamian: 10:23am On Dec 30, 2013
Sean Tizzle wining next rated award is a crap. The award shud av bin given to Phyno or Burna B. & Waje too won Best Raggae dancehall when Orezi and General Pype's "giv it to me" shud av won the award. Thank God i didnt attend the show. Pple that attended said it was a sloppy show. Nonsens headies
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dharamanil(m): 10:29am On Dec 30, 2013
homesteady: this burna boy has too much wahala! Very arrogant guy! Why won't people believe the story of him killing somebody in UK! undecided

Though I think he deserves to win the award! That category was just meant for him! I wonder why that sean tizzle won that award! how many hit-song does he have? Only shoo lee! And there is nothing special in the song! Its just like every normal nigerian club banger!
But Burna boy came with his own unique style and he has many hit songs!
Maybe people did not vote for burna boy because he is arrogant! undecided
u and d whole mess. That gave u 34 likes are all musically not normal.. The biggest hit burner boy has is like to party which actually slows the move. In d club but sho lee from start to finish is #mada
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by safarigirl(f): 10:40am On Dec 30, 2013
dharamanil: u and d whole mess. That gave u 34 likes are all musically not normal.. The biggest hit burner boy has is like to party which actually slows the move. In d club but sho lee from start to finish is #mada
it's you that's not normal musically. What bloody useless sho lee? That senseless retard3d song?

Burna boy's style is for a certain class of people, not everyone is expected to relate to it, some people are too shallow to understand the depth so I really don't blame you for all of this bull you wrote
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Rayvene(f): 10:52am On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: it's you that's not normal musically. What bloody useless sho lee? That senseless retard3d song?
Burna boy's style is for a certain class of people, not everyone is expected to relate to it, some people are too shallow to understand the depth so I really don't blame you for all of this bull you wrote

I feel ya,my sister cool
They can only relate to Terry G songs and crap like "Aböki,Shine My Shoe" grin(I laughed my head off when I heard this song)
They don't understand the meaning of true music.Burna's lyrics have depth cool.
Y'all isten to Roses and Smooth Sailing smiley.They ain't club bangers,but sure have meaning.

1 Like

Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by larrytorch(m): 11:01am On Dec 30, 2013
k.style:
..me sef folo u wonda o
Ada Ada by Flavor wasn't nominated bcoz d song was relased June 30/ july 1st 2013... nd 4 u 2 get a nomination ur song must av bin released by march d previous year to June dt year 4 of d award e.g march 2012 to June 2013... Therefore ada ada shud get a nomination nxt year
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dharamanil(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: it's you that's not normal musically. What bloody useless sho lee? That senseless retard3d song?

madam keep style one place abeg... If u want talk abt style, sho lee is unique. The beat is gonna be evergreen. The only song from burner that is unique is. Run my race, after dat d rest neva baff
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dharamanil(m): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2013
Rayvene:

I feel ya,my sister cool
They can only relate to Terry G songs and crap like "Aboki,Shine My Shoe" grin(I laughed my head off when I heard this song)
They don't understand the meaning of true music.Burna's lyrics have depth cool.
Y'all isten to Roses and Smooth Sailing smiley.They ain't club bangers,but sure have meaning.
. Listen run my race is d. Only song that sets a standard. From now till next year I don't like, like to party. Talking of terryg I don't brock to such nonsense but am sure u knw dat d. New song from burner sounds more like what daddy shoki did
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by safarigirl(f): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
dharamanil: madam keep style one place abeg... If u want talk abt style, sho lee is unique. The beat is gonna be evergreen. The only song from burner that is unique is. Run my race, after dat d rest neva baff
lol, bros are you a comedian? Sho Lee is evergreen? Abeg no gree me laugh, 'TONIGHT' and 'YAWA DEY' are evergreen songs, from beats to lyrical content and vocals, those 2 songs alone will trump the shi outta 'the way she's whining like and Indian, I come dey jonz like I be Indiana' (wtf! Retard3d). Evergreen songs are songs with lyrical depth, not just some club banger. Sho lee will fade soon enough
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Rayvene(f): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: lol, bros are you a comedian? Sho Lee is evergreen? Abeg no gree me laugh, 'TONIGHT' and 'YAWA DEY' are evergreen songs, from beats to lyrical content and vocals, those 2 songs alone will trump the shi outta 'the way she's whining like and Indian, I come dey jonz like I be Indiana' (wtf! Retard3d). Evergreen songs are songs with lyrical depth, not just some club banger. Sho lee will fade soon enough

grin grin Omo see lyrics.some of these Naija musicians no go kill me.
grin

dharamanil: . Listen run my race is d. Only song that sets a standard. From now till next year I don't like, like to party. Talking of terryg I don't brock to such nonsense but am sure u knw dat d. New song from burner sounds more like what daddy shoki did

Like to party was/is a massive hit.I had to even stop watching MTV Base for a while because of the way they kept showing the video EVERY FREAKING DAY.That's the song that set a standard;the song that brought Burna to stardom cheesy

You're obviously under the category of people who like fast,high-tempo meaningless club bangers.Your choice,though.
Yawa Dey isn't Burna's newest song,anyway.Listen to Smooth Sailing and Won Da Mo Ft D'Banj smiley,or just get his album.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dharamanil(m): 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
safarigirl: lol, bros are you a comedian? Sho Lee is evergreen? Abeg no gree me laugh, 'TONIGHT' and 'YAWA DEY' are evergreen songs, from beats to lyrical content and vocals, those 2 songs alone will trump the shi outta 'the way she's whining like and Indian, I come dey jonz like I be Indiana' (wtf! Retard3d). Evergreen songs are songs with lyrical depth, not just some club banger. Sho lee will fade soon enough
madam iwonder y u r finding difficult to grab. Till next year if lean back beat is being played without lyrix ppz still rock. Lean back from phat joe...... The beat alone is .....
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dharamanil(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
Rayvene:

grin

Like to party was/is a massive hit.I had to even stop watching MTV Base for a while because of the way they kept showing the video EVERY FREAKING DAY.That's the song that set a standard;the song that brought Burna to stardom cheesy

You're obviously under the category of people who like fast,high-tempo meaningless club bangers.Your choice,though.
Yawa Dey isn't Burna's newest song,anyway.Listen to Smooth Sailing and Won Da Mo Ft D'Banj smiley,or just get his album.
. sho lee is not dat fast... U can groove to it or komole with no sweat. And if a song is being played errytime on mtv, dat doesn't mean its very very good. They rarely play picasso baby but I have seen ppz react to dat joint ones it drops in dclub
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dharamanil(m): 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
Rayvene:

grin

lyrix wise majority of our naija artist are all useless.. So abeg allow d guy
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Rayvene(f): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
dharamanil: . sho lee is not dat fast... U can groove to it or komole with no sweat. And if a song is being played errytime on mtv, dat doesn't mean its very very good. They rarely play picasso baby but I have seen ppz react to dat joint ones it drops in dclub

Obviously a club banger is your definition of a very very good song.So wrong,bro.
A song being played everyday on MTV makes it an international hit,IMO undecided.
And WTF is Picasso Baby?Never heard of it.

dharamanil: lyrix wise majority of our naija artist are all useless.. So abeg allow d guy

So we should go ahead and celebrate mediocrity?Nice.
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by dharamanil(m): 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Rayvene:

Obviously a club banger is your definition of a very very good song.So wrong,bro.
A song being played everyday on MTV makes it an international hit,IMO undecided.
And WTF is Picasso Baby?Never heard of it.

So we should go ahead and celebrate mediocrity?Nice.
g piccaso baby is a song from jayzs magna carta. I used it just for reference
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by Wealthyone: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2013
Inferiority Complex grin grin grin grin u can't even punctuate your meaningless comment

Ema prince:
St.upid ediiot!!!!....you talking about leaving lagos but when they talk about diivision of nigeria una go dey cry...and why don't you tell your people in igboland to come back
Leave lagos and that dirty ibadan as if your lazy brothers and fathers can survive on their own if not for visitors?
Re: BurnaBoy Angrily Leaves Headies After Losing NextRated Category by goldfish80(m): 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Burna is a breath Of fresh air, a total breather to the usual Naija gbati gbati beat.Just Listened to Special someone of the sarkology album by sarkodie ft burna boy.. His verse on that beat was simply evergreen and at a class of its own. You lots can keep hyping up your sean tissue while burna gets the international recognision his talent deserves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lola Omotayo-Okoye Loses Employee To Cancer / Kimani Dazzles In New Photos / Rita Dominic Is 38 Years Old Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.