Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? (1775 Views)

Afraid Of Anoda Heart Break Pls Help / Is It Slutty If I Call A Platonic Friend For Sexx Right Now? / Is True Love Possible In A Platonic Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by virgie(f): 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2008
Hi Nairalanders,

After a lady's heart is broken by a guy who jumps into the arms of another woman, claiming he is no longer sexually interested to her, Is it wise to have a platonic friendship with him at his own request or is it better to just forget him entirely?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2008
hmm cheesy . i think if you two are mature enough to handle it, why not?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by onyinye2(f): 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2008
I would have to say NO!! he aint ready for no woman right now. let him hang with his boys for awhile. i mean you can let him know you are there but he is on the rebound.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by tpia: 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2008
just forget him.

whats the point in prolonging the heartbreak?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by tope2000(f): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2008
What! Hell NAH
Insult upon injury
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:00am On Aug 05, 2008
the guy is a jerk, but he can be a great friend, right?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

maybe when i shave my head

@topic
forget him embarassed
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by onyinye2(f): 12:02am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

Mba, the dude needs to stay away from woman for a while. Because he is on the rebound. No matter how platonic you want to make it, he might not see it that way.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:05am On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

Mba, the dude needs to stay away from woman for a while. Because he is on the rebound. No matter how platonic you want to make it, he might not see it that way.
there are people who break up on tuesday and find love on wednesday.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 05, 2008
@ topic

Why isn't he buried yet?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by StephenP(m): 12:07am On Aug 05, 2008
I won't advice her to do that. Stay away from him.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by onyinye2(f): 12:09am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

there are people who break up on tuesday and find love on wednesday.
Rubbish. that is why they call it "On The REBOUND" tongue i mean what might start as "platonic", will change. He is on the rebound so he might just be using the girl. And she thinking he actually likes her turns out that it was just mere infatuation.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:09am On Aug 05, 2008
ibkaye:

maybe when i shave my head

i wouldn't notice the difference tongue
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:10am On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

Rubbish. that is why they call it "On The REBOUND" tongue i mean what might start as "platonic", will change. He is on the rebound so he might just be using the girl. And she thinking he actually likes her turns out that it was just mere infatuation.
he might be on the rebound. he might be sincerely interested in the new woman.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

i wouldn't notice the difference tongue
lool cheesy
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 05, 2008
@ poster

How can you still be in love with someone like that? Or better still how can you still like being in love with someone like that?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by onyinye2(f): 12:12am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

he might be on the rebound.  he might be sincerely interested in the new woman.  
Oh Child' Play tongue no he is not. Oka i have majority male friends. I know what you guys do. I see it. When you broke up with a girl, you are on the rebound. You are looking for a fast track "relationship" to cover up the hurt or thought of the previous relationship.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:14am On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh Child' Play tongue no he is not. Oka i have majority male friends. I know what you guys do. I see it. When you broke up with a girl, you are on the rebound. You are looking for a fast track "relationship" to cover up the hurt or thought of the previous relationship.
you are generalizing. you are not for sure that he is like that.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:15am On Aug 05, 2008
@ Topic

Why not. I have two of my ex's who I am very close to. Infact they even go as far as telling me their current boyfriends. Although atimes I must confess that I still want to get some (If you know what I mean  wink )
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 05, 2008
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

Why not. I have two of my ex's who I am very close to. Infact they even go as far as telling me their current boyfriends. Although atimes I must confess that I still want to get some (If you know what I mean wink )

Who cares? tongue

Answer the question and spare us your dramas!
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by doyin13(m): 12:18am On Aug 05, 2008
Forget the Oloshi jo. . . .

He is looking for a way to have his cake and eat it.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by onyinye2(f): 12:18am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

you are generalizing.  you are not for sure that he is like that.
Blah Blah Blah tongue doesn't change the fact that it aint love. maybe infatuation, but love. . . heck naw. I seen it multiple times.

A guy just got out of a relationship. Is a little down. Sees a chic into him. Uses her as a cover up for his previous relationship. says goodbye.

Okija_juju:

@ Topic

Why not. I have two of my ex's who I am very close to. Infact they even go as far as telling me their current boyfriends. Although atimes I must confess that I still want to get some (If you know what I mean  wink )
Nna, stay on topic.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by KarmaMod(f): 12:22am On Aug 05, 2008
being friends with an ex doesnt work til you're entirely OVER him

and even then sef it depends on the situation for you to even accept being his/her friend. He left you for another person, why be his friend?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:22am On Aug 05, 2008
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

play on nigga.  onyinye, this is a good example.  he remained friends with them.  not because he wanted to hit it.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:23am On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

Blah Blah Blah tongue doesn't change the fact that it aint love. maybe infatuation, but love. . . heck naw. I seen it multiple times.

A guy just got out of a relationship. Is a little down. Sees a chic into him. Uses her as a cover up for his previous relationship. says goodbye.
Nna, stay on topic.
onyinye, why are you so sure he's interested in her piece of meat? there are good guys out there too you know .
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by onyinye2(f): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

onyinye, why are you so sure he's interested in her piece of meat?  there are good guys out there too you know .
I have seen it tons of times. guys are so predictable.

HCH3COO:

play on nigga.  onyinye, this is a good example.  he remained friends with them.  not because he wanted to hit it.
That is not a good example. I'm talking about guys who JUST got out a relationship not years after. tongue and besides he aint even over them. he can still get with them and use them.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by StephenP(m): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

I'm guessing you didn't read the last part

Okija_juju:

@ Topic

Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:27am On Aug 05, 2008
ohhh! he did want some. lipsrsealed
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by onyinye2(f): 12:28am On Aug 05, 2008
HCH3COO:

ohhh! he did want some. lipsrsealed
As i said before, guys are so predictable.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by HCH3COO: 12:30am On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

don't hate. we just know what we want.
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by gabelogan(m): 12:30am On Aug 05, 2008
onyinye2:

onyinye

ke kwanu?
Re: Platonic Friendship After Heart Break? by motunrayo4(f): 12:31am On Aug 05, 2008
I would forget about him entirely. . . . .feelings might start to reappear

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will U Say If U Are A Girl / How To Crack A Shy Girl / Girlfriend Birthday Party!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.