Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics (9866 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Forget those stuffs about tea sippin. . . . . .Thatz just so pre-millennium. cool

No one is sippin those kizzack again. . . . .This is the new Britain.
You would see the Yardies, Carribeanz, Africans and Asians doing their thang on the opening ceremony.
No thrillz, No frillz. . . . . .we are talking 4 years here not 4 days.
UK would put China into shame. Trust me on this, Pumbaa.
Sure. . . that is what they all say. But im sorry to say it but yal got alot to prove. Because i know for sure they aint showing nothing that has to do with, africa or the Carribs. They are going to show ballet, performance arts, and Opera.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Sure. . . that is what they all say. But im sorry to say it but yal got alot to prove. Because i know for sure they aint showing nothing that has to do with, africa or the Carribs. They are going to show ballet, performance arts, and Opera.

Nah. . . . . .

The organisers have stated clearly they would involve every culture in the country.
Don't worry about ballet or opera. . . . . . U would see Igbo sisters shaking their phat asses with red beads. tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Nah. . . . . .

The organisers have stated clearly they would involve every culture in the country.
Don't worry about ballet or opera. . . . . . You would see Igbo sisters shaking their phat asses with red beads. tongue
Whatever. . . . all im going to see is ballet, opera, performing arts, Carribs dancers, and may be a sample of african culture.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2008
Screwston??
Why not Shagston?? tongue tongue
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Screwston??
Why not Shagston?? tongue tongue
I hope you were just kidding about that one. I sincerely you are. You should know why Houston has that name.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

I hope you were just kidding about that one. I sincerely you are. You should know why Houston has that name.

I dunno.
Tell me about it. wink wink wink
Are u staying up for the footie game at 11pm(Houston time).
Besides, are u gon' be watching @ the famous finger licking ?? grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by lepashandi: 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2008
dreeldee:

2 days to the end of the games and 2 bronze medal for a nation of over 140million people  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

meaningless
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

I don't know.
Tell me about it. wink wink wink
Are u staying up for the footie game at 11pm(Houston time).
Besides, are u gon' be watching @ the famous finger licking ?? grin
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin HANNIBAL! OMG cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy No im not going to Finger Licking, even though i have been there like thousands of times.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 9:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin HANNIBAL! OMG cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy No im not going to Finger Licking, even though i have been there like thousands of times.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
U think i dunno how u guys rock in Houston??
I have been there few coupla times so i know what time is it. wink wink
Bissonett road, innit??
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
You think i don't know how u guys rock in Houston??
I have been there few coupla times so i know what time is it. wink wink
Bissonett road, innit??
Actually it is. Yes it is one of my favorite restaurants and yes i do go there to watch soccer. . . . sometimes. So you how did you like it in Houston? Can't believe you actually been to Finger Licking grin grin grin This is hilarious.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Actually it is. Yes it is one of my favorite restaurants and yes i do go there to watch soccer. . . . sometimes. So you how did you like it in Houston? Can't believe you actually been to Finger Licking grin grin grin This is hilarious.

Houston was fabulous.
I must admit there are many Naija folks there so it's a lil bit like London.
Ma host took me to Finger Licking to watch a Premiership game and the number of Arsenal fans in Houston is SCARY.
It was like Lagos extension. grin cheesy

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, i must admit there are nice chics there too.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Houston was fabulous.
I must admit there are many Naija folks there so it's a little bit like London.
Ma host took me to Finger Licking to watch a Premiership game and the number of Arsenal fans in Houston is SCARY.
It was like Lagos extension. grin cheesy

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrm, i must admit there are nice chics there too.
Well brotha you should have done your research because hosts on of the biggest populations of Nigerians in the States. So yeah i can imagine it felt like London. You are lucky you didn't go to the restaurant when it was Nigeria vs. USA. It was mad crazy. People were screaming and hollering. One dude bought drinks for everybody. And there were even white folks there cheering. . . . and eating. Now you see why i would never leave here. This is truly my paradise.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Well brotha you should have done your research because hosts on of the biggest populations of Nigerians in the States. So yeah i can imagine it felt like London. You are lucky you didn't go to the restaurant when it was Nigeria vs. USA. It was mad crazy. People were screaming and hollering. One dude bought drinks for everybody. And there were even white folks there cheering. . . . and eating. Now you see why i would never leave here. This is truly my paradise.

The place would be mad tonight then!!!!
I would take a trip there if i were you.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 9:52pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

The place would be mad tonight then!!!!
I would take a trip there if i were you.
Yeah i will probably go. . . . being this is my last free weekend. And besides it will be hilarious to see those spineless Argies fall for every little touch. They do the exact thing in basketball. One touch, they drop dead on the floor like a bunch of chopped trees.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Yeah i will probably go. . . . being this is my last free weekend. And besides it will be hilarious to see those spineless Argies fall for every little touch. They do the exact thing in basketball. One touch, they drop dead on the floor like a bunch of chopped trees.

Argies are hot favourites so u might need to buy a pack of Kleenex with ur alcopops.
Don't drink and drive o.
P.S. Beware of Leo Messi. cool
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Argies are hot favourites so u might need to buy a pack of Kleenex with your alcopops.
Don't drink and drive o.
P.S. Beware of Leo Messi. cool
Im not a drinker so don't worry. Any ways, i already know what is going to happen in the game. Every little contact Messi has, he will drop down on the ground so he can get a penalty kick. Or force a corner kick.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

I'm not a drinker so don't worry. Any ways, i already know what is going to happen in the game. Every little contact Messi has, he will drop down on the ground so he can get a penalty kick. Or force a corner kick.

I disagree.

Messi is a brilliant player.
Just imagine a genius in ur classroom who also knows how to CHEAT during exams.
U are going to be entertained by some of his dribbling, quick feet, trickery and incredible balance and stealth.
Just imagine Michael Jordan of football and u are not far from this dimunitive dude.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

I disagree.

Messi is a brilliant player.
Just imagine a genius in your classroom who also knows how to CHEAT during exams.
You are going to be entertained by some of his dribbling, quick feet, trickery and incredible balance and stealth.
Just imagine Michael Jordan of football and u are not far from this dimunitive dude.
Oka i must admit. . . Messi sees the field like a math board. I have seen him get himself out of hard defense when it was literally impossible. Any ways. . . will you mind explaining how i man not far from this dude?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by LASIEFAIRE(m): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2008
Finger Licking and their tasteless food. embarassed tongue
See me I dey here dey miss the thing die.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 10:19pm On Aug 22, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Finger Licking and their tasteless food. embarassed tongue
See me I dey here dey miss the thing die.
What! Finger Licking lives up to its name no doubt. I have been there countless time and have never been disappointed.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka i must admit. . . Messi sees the field like a math board. I have seen him get himself out of hard defense when it was literally impossible. Any ways. . . will you mind explaining how i man not far from this dude?

I mean. . . . . .Messi is the Michael Jordan of football.
He can do the impossible. . . . . . Tight situations? He is the master of it.
When he has the pitch spread ahead of him, he is even more dangerous.
Can use both feet efficiently so he is def'ly Argentina's livewire.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

I mean. . . . . .Messi is the Michael Jordan of football.
He can do the impossible. . . . . . Tight situations? He is the master of it.
When he has the pitch spread ahead of him, he is even more dangerous.
Can use both feet efficiently so he is def'ly Argentina's livewire.
As i said before. . . . to him the field is a math board. He figures things plays out of nothing. So of course Nigeria is up for a hard game. Do i think they can beat them. . . . well that is up for fate to decide.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by LASIEFAIRE(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2008
Micheal Jordan of Kini, for wetin nah. That comparison my guy is unparalleled. Messi nah new bie.
I go forgive bearing in my you chose to exaggerate
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

As i said before. . . . to him the field is a math board. He figures things plays out of nothing. So of course Nigeria is up for a hard game. Do i think they can beat them. . . . well that is up for fate to decide.

I agree.

LASIEFAIRE:

Micheal Jordan of Kini, for wetin nah. That comparison my guy is unparalleled. Messi nah new bie.
I go forgive bearing in my you chose to exaggerate

I bet u haven't seen Messi play. . . . .
This dude is 21 and puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze, it's an open secret he is arguably the best player in the world.
Only Cristiano Ronaldo stand neck and neck with the dimunitive player.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by idupaul: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
I bet u haven't seen Messi play. . . . .
This dude is 21 and puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze, it's an open secret he is arguably the best player in the world.
Only Cristiano Ronaldo stand neck and neck with the dimunitive player.

na so u hail ronaldinho , shut up jo, why hype him dat much, we know he is good but he aint no soccer god. uwhat has he even done in the tournament dat obasi hasnt.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2008
More ranting from the "Real Nigerian"
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Hannibal: 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

na so u hail ronaldinho , shut up jo, why hype him that much, we know he is good but he aint no soccer god. uwhat has he even done in the tournament that obasi hasnt.

Was i talking to u, asswax? Who invited a doofus to this discussion of intellectuals.
Your IQ comes short of this discussion so go play with ur LEGO. tongue
I just don't understand why some pillocks can't keep their snoutz off.
Flaming irritant. angry angry
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by idupaul: 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hannibal:

Was i talking to u, asswax? Who invited a doofus to this discussion of intellectuals.
Your IQ comes short of this discussion so go play with your LEGO. tongue
I just don't understand why some pillocks can't keep their snoutz off.
Flaming irritant. angry angry

sorry sir.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by onyinye2(f): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2008
Chinedu Ogbuke, Obinna Nsofor, and Peter Odemwingie need to be more than there A-game. They need to be on that 100 percent game. They have NO room for mistakes.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by 9ja4eva: 2:37am On Aug 23, 2008
We finally carry bronze for relay,

Good for us
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Mustay(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2008
Our journalists no waste time to dey call am GOLDEN BRONZE.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics - Athletics by Fadajasi(m): 6:01am On Aug 23, 2008
Thanks to the pretty blessing of unilag to give us another bronze in long jump event.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Yts*ant-man And The Wasp: Quantumania (2023) - TORRENT YIFY / It’ll Take Miracle For Super Eagles To Win AFCON - Ex-international, Akanni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.