Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics (60722 Views)

KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Picture Of Another Nigerian Made Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Beennkumar(m): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
Lord Centurion: I LOVE THIS CAR, we are moving forward gradually ....... GOD bless NAIRALAND
Can I get you one from India? cheesy
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
I would prefer the yellow one not the 1st one.

Remember techno started from non-standard to standard.

When techno 1st came into the market I wouldn't recommend it but people still bought because it was cheap and got the basic qualities people wanted.

Now techno has upgraded and many are now buying it because its standard and affordable.

So Nigeria needs to start from somewhere 1st then with time the automobile industry will grow producing more standards and value for money and more automobile investors will come in to make the market more competitive

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by denony(m): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
how do one know the front from the back?
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
Worwor: shocked glorified keke napep!

What"s so glorified about it?
Call it as it is...keke Napep - with doors! lipsrsealed
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by playboy19(m): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
deols: Many countries achieved greatness by measures like this.

Nigerians need to stop being cynical.

The pains of today shall be the gains of tomorrow

Yes true but not when the people inflicting the pains on you are being driven about in 250million cars and have more than 10 private jets on their hanger. Needless to talk about their annual feeding allowance being more than most people's entire life's dream.

Think, think, think. You have to lead by example and not just put people who are already in pains in more pain while you live in opulence wealth. That's not how to 'Lead'. It is rather called 'Ruling'.

You want people to sacrify for the future? I say you start the sacrifice.

4 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by ziggymelosky(m): 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
Innoson motors Nnewi is producing cars already.I dnt think they hv to be imported den assembled.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
what a stupid thread, thats the car TATA motors built for indians, its sold at 1 lahk per car.

Nobody has ever shown a prototype of what is to be made in Nigeria.

This is a poor attempt to ridicule the FG's effort.

5 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by xager(m): 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
kolaaderin: Guys, this is the best u can get for the amount they are proposing.

Please meet Your new cars on our street.

the engine is a disposable one, u will always need a change of engine every service miles.

I.e u will need to buy new engine after 5000 miles.

Congratulation Nigerian.
that's an Indian made Tata Nano na
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by AbuMikey(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2013

Only wicked Peeps like Tpia@ would need this car.

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adino(m): 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
onye_ngbu*:
who told these fools that those are the proposed 1.5mil cars. Even kia picanto which is not chinko is about that price.

The government is talking about saloon cars not tricycles.
I shake my head for nairaland, without reading and understanding a post. Foools and iidiots are all having a ball displaying their foolery with pride.

3 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by AreaFada2: 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
In Naija we need to start crawling before trying to walk.

Since we're on our own (OOO) as tribalism/sectarianism has stopped us from rising up to fight our oppressors, we need to encourage anyone ready to make life more bearable via affordable houses, cars, etc.

Being cynical and always going for flashy things that make countries producing them richer, is no way forward for us.

In my opinion prices should start around $3,000 or around 800k and I have said so for long.

And it should be a family sedan car.

75% of Naija population cannot afford a car over 1m.

Those of us on NL, who are largely in the group that can afford it by God's grace, should remember that.

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Samgreguc(m): 3:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
Am pretty sure those of u condeming the cars would av bin d first to laud it if it were produced by the whites.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Samgreguc: Am pretty sure those of u condeming the cars would av bin d first to laud it if it were produced by the whites.

That's a fcking small object.

White or black.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by guymega: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
In a country with bad roads! How are these toys gonna last? undecided
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by whosefault(f): 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
MEILYN: At Last. I will be the first to launch this car oooo.

Beautiful, Gorgeous cars.

Thanks to Jonathan for bringing shame upon us.

I go first write my Will before i drive this wheel barrow oo. grin

na you bring shame upon your family and generation. you go school, wetin you fit build, na to dey insult your father be the only thing you came out with for your university education. no need to say shame on you because you be shame already....
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hyundai and Kia cars start below 1.2m even without assembling them in Nigeria and they are becomIng IncreasIngly popular amongst the mIddle class. The picanto starts at N1, 179, 000 the i10 starts at about 1m, while the getz and accent are roughly 1.4m for low trim levels. Nissan is a brand of repute and they're capable of doing what the Koreans are mastering- combining economy with class.

It's true that the average Nigerian would rather satisfy his craving for luxury than trade off for utility even if several others would afford their daily meals off that sacrifice. I'm sure most wealthy Indians didn't like it when Ghandi made them wear locally spun cloth but it was for the good of the Indian economy. The public needs to be educated and properly orientated - we are all responsible for building the nation.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by johnwell(m): 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
ndu_chucks:
.,... this one was spotted in the USA

This one in India

May God keep trailers in their paths when Nigerians start using these cheap, locally made vehicles. SMDH

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Raggedy_Ann: Hyundai and Kia cars start below 1.2m even without assembling them in Nigeria and they are becomIng IncreasIngly popular amongst the mIddle class. The picanto starts at N1, 179, 000 the i10 starts at about 1m, while the getz and accent are roughly 1.4m for low trim levels. Nissan is a brand of repute and they're capable of doing what the Koreans are mastering- combining economy with class.

It's true that the average Nigerian would rather satisfy his craving for luxury than trade off for utility even if several others would afford their daily meals off that sacrifice. I'm sure most wealthy Indians didn't like it when Ghandi made them wear locally spun cloth but it was for the good of the Indian economy. The public needs to be educated and properly orientated - we are all responsible for building the nation.

Nice analysis. But car technology is pretty old.

Their engineers should build one that has a boot at least. Nigerians have luggage and do travel.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Lifebender(m): 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
Haters stop your critics.Rome wasnt built in a day.Even if it was the first model,better models will soon be around in the coming years.Atleast we're going somewhere.Japan and states started from here........

God Bless Nigeria,Proudly Nigerian

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Dexmars(m): 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
The truth is nobody has confirmed exactly what we'll be getting for the said N1.2million.

Why is everyone concluding its the toy the Op posted?

5 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by olatade(m): 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Looks like a toy for 7yr old kids
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Nice analysis. But car technology is pretty old.

Their engineers should build one that has a boot at least. Nigerians have luggage and do travel.

My first point was that: there is no way the cars for 1.2 would be as crude as those in the OP. The Picanto and the accent are decent enough and they come almost that cheap presently.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by bxcode(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
This car no bad at all cheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by slap1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Whoever brought this idea...

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
Truckpusher: But you want the same country to industrialize? undecided....smh
It's about common sense! Tata tried selling a $5k and failed. Industrialization does not start from making cars. Make bicycle, wheelbarrow and motorcycle first.

2 Likes

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hadeyemy: God I cnt buy this for 10k. I wud rather buy a bicycle than gettin this tortoise
My friend, u harsh gan o
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Incrizz(f): 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
The car looks funny.
I wouldn't mind it if it's sold for 50k though.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by adconline(m): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
Lifebender: Haters stop your critics.Rome wasnt built in a day.Even if it was the first model,better models will soon be around in the coming years.Atleast we're going somewhere.Japan and states started from here........

God Bless Nigeria,Proudly Nigerian
Proudly Nigerian and naively follower
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
nairaland,just assumption brainless dudes

1 Like

Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by otokx(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Area-Fada:
In Naija we need to start crawling before trying to walk.

Since we're on our own (OOO) as tribalism/sectarianism has stopped us from rising up to fight our oppressors, we need to encourage anyone ready to make life more bearable via affordable houses, cars, etc.

Being cynical and always going for flashy things that make countries producing them richer, is no way forward for us.

In my opinion prices should start around $3,000 or around 800k and I have said so for long.

And it should be a family sedan car.

75% of Naija population cannot afford a car over 1m.

Those of on NL, who are largely in the group that can afford it by God's grace, should remember that.

Any locally made car should cost no more than 400k.
Re: First Potential Look At The N1.2million Nigerian Made Cars - Pics by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
adconline:
Proudly Nigerian and naively follower
just assumption and guess who is naive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / The N500 Million Mercedes Benz G63 AMG Limo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.