Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS (21459 Views)

Police, SSS, Immigration Hunt Ribadu Over 'False Asset Declaration' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by lincolnj88: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2013
otipoju: I am not a conspiracy theorist but anyone believing that its a toy is simply naïve.

First, that picture that I saw on the other thread aint a toy. When I saw a bottle of already used aboniki balm under the device, I knew it was real.

Second,from time immemorial there is always the real version of events and the official statement given to the public.

Having said that I feel that the US has every right to do what it deems necessary to protect its self and citizens from boko haram threats.

Come to think of it the Boko guys saying they will attack USA, do you think they really mean that they will go from Nigeria to blow up texas or new york? For now they I do not think they have the sophistication to carry out their evil thoughts and hence US buildings and interests in Nigeria are more realistic targets and will have the same impact maybe fewer casualties but it will still cause a worldwide stir when it hits the news!!!

Policing in lagos is tighter and ibadan may not be as effecient and so the group may have already have sleeping cells or intend to grow some that can be activated in ibadan with the intent to attack the embassy or US interest in Lagos and so any security conscious govt will watch ibadan closely.

I have no iota of evidence to back my speculations and may be hysterical or prolly watched too much Hollywood movies, but I know that good will always triumph over evil and I wish the US and Nigerian goverment all the best in their fight against terrorism.

May God protect your soldiers who risk their lives day in day out so that we can sleep in peace on our beds and take our children and girlfriends to watch movies without being blown up. On our own part as citizens let us become more security conscious of our environment,the world has changed oo.

I love Nigeria cause you cannot throw away the baby with the bathe water, but when I think of how the USA constantly invent stuff that improve our lives here as humans, I cannot but fall in love the land of freedom and opportunities.
grin kai walahi....I luv.reading reasonable posts like yours...not d dem dem and agbameta type
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Orikinla(m): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2013
I said it was someone's toy.

The population of re-tarded people on Nairaland and Nigeria is alarming.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by donkross1(m): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2013
kolubo: Don`t mind them jare, most Ibadan guys are just too local.
. And you are the posh guy using 'Jare'.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by spenca: 11:33am On Dec 30, 2013
Decryptor:

Introducing the QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro RC Drone

Walkera QR X350 GPS Phantom GoPro General Overview

Mindblowing is the word. Walkera is getting serious this time as they try to take on the famous DJI phantom. If you are looking for a GoPro Quadcopter as cool as the Phantom but slightly lower budget, the Walkera QR X350 would be recommended. In fact, the Walkera QR X350 has lots of amazing features that are new and innovative. It is apparent that Walkera has spent a great deal on R&grin to create this sensational Quadcopter. Let's find out more about its features and specifications below.

Features

With GPS Auto Pilot Function, your helicopter will never get lost. With the assistance of GPS, the Walkera QR X350 is fully capable of returning to its starting point by itself. Remember those times where you are afraid of flying your favorite RC model too far because they might be out of sight and eventually fall into the jungle? Well fear no more with the QR X350 GPS system.
So how do you activate this awesome GPS home returning function? With what Walkera describes as "One key to go home", simply hit the radio switch and the QR X350 will return and land by itself, as easy as that.
Superb hovering function. To elaborate, it means that the QR X350 has an enhanced altitude sensor which adopts the GPS technology to find out the exact location of the model, this allows the QR X350 to hover without changing at a very precise coordinates on earth, very impressive indeed.
In case of emergency, the QR X350 also has a built-in fail safe detection which returns to starting point and land safely without any damage. This is an add-on to the GPS auto pilot function.
As its name suggests, the QR X350 is compatible for GoPro camera recording. The Walkera QR X350 has an anti-vibration camera mount which allows you to take beautiful pictures and videos with minimal distortions from movements. Note that the GoPro camera is excluded from the packages. The FPV package includes a DV04 camera.
Fly the Walkera QR X350 on your iPad/ iPhone. With the Wifi module, you can control the movements and view the flight on your apple devices.
Flight time of up to 15 minutes with a 11.1v 2200mAh Li-po battery.

Specifications

Main Rotor Diameter : 556mm
Main Rotor Blade Length: 206mm
Main Motor: WK-WS-28-008A
Battery: 11.1V 2200mAh 25C LiPo
Length: 289mm
Width:: 289mm
Height: 180mm
Approximate Flight Time: 10-15 minutes
Number of Channels: 5 channels and above
Rotor Type: Quadcopter
Recommended Environment: Outdoor

Source: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1976965

So with the above write-up, one can conclude that that is no US drone. The flight time is just a mere 10-15mins meaning that is was flown by someone around the neighborhood. The person did not just want to own up for fear of the unknown. Ibadan people should "wake up"

You should know this was planted on the internet because they know people like you will go after it on the internet and there you found the poo they left off for you there,it's just a contingency plan
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by OlaoChi: 11:37am On Dec 30, 2013
kolubo: Let`s call a spade a spade, i also live in Ibadan.

Then you are as local as those living around you

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by zolajpower: 11:39am On Dec 30, 2013
D.trader:

www.thenationonlineng.net/new/recovered-flying-object-in-ibadan-is-a-toy-police-sss/
what report is capable of distroying our relationship with the US? Have u forgotten how many time we would have to be used as a case study for fraudulent and corruption act? That is what yoruba call "2 ge 4"
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Ninilowo(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2013
Arrest that man that "fabricated" the stuff joor. He wan use am to dey spy ashawo jointz for Ibadan ni. Agbaaya grin

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Afrok(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2013
I no wan hear tory, make d owner of d toy go claim him property with receipt sharperly, if him never do dt. As if say most of us no know say d thing nah big toy for d ajebos shocked...
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by donkross1(m): 11:44am On Dec 30, 2013
OlaoChi:

Then you are as local as those living around you
. I wonder why most of y'all fink only locals stay in ib. Dats shallow menh
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by cotzywitzy(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2013
Nigerians why u dey fall my hand....that battery can't even get that toy you call drone from Lagos to ondo talkless of USA to Nigeria abegi person wey get toy con carry ur toy joor... u will see that thing on China online store
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by amiskurie(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2013
u go fear ibadan pipu!
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by cj1080(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2013
Come oh, no joke unable de joke or nah play unable de play.

Seems a lot of people here like generalising things.

That's no drone, that's an expensive toy that on can get off any Chinese shopping site, e.g aliexpress or China warehouse.

Was actually considering buying one for my cousins, as the last quad choper they bought last year, got spoilt in the villa(you should have seen the uproar that one caused in the villa, from boko haram spies to aliens in the bush. Hunters through out that Christmas went hunting for it despite we showing them it was a toy. Fun ended when someone shot at it).

For those believing it's a drone do your research on the us drone programmes. The hunter and the ripper projects. You will know that drones don't look anything like that.

Even the one they shot down in Iran doesn't look anything like that.

It's a toy that you can order online from aliexpress or alibaba for between 50k and 120k.

If you think I lie, just nosy on over to the site and search for quadcopters.

Now if that can't convince you, then either your that retarded or you think Cameroon and Niger are spying on Ibadan to confirm the beauty of Ibadan pit latrines and babe's.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by abdulahi001: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2013
Kairoseki77:

This is what a real American drone looks like kids. Notice the difference in size?

No power source can make that [b]little toy in Ibadan fly from the US to Nigeria.[/b]

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

And I ask, is it neccessary it flies fro d US or did'nt they (US) has base all over d world
For me, I don't believe it's a toy, some1 dat invent d bigger can invent the smaller, it only require building a building of 1 acre or more to give runway and tag it as a private premises and monitor d little drone from dere.

Last Bullet: Only a fool will believe that the US government does'nt have spies in an oil-riched nation like nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
spenca:

You should know this was planted on the internet because they know people like you will go after it on the internet and there you found the poo they left off for you there,it's just a contingency plan

God cries out to id1ots of your magnitude.

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by cj1080(m): 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
For those who say it's a drone, you can buy your own drone here and use it to spy on yourself and you governors that didn't do all that was necessary to educate you and finally you can spy on oga good luck. (if them catch you, eh)

www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=quad+copter&catId=0&initiative_id=
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by abdulahi001: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
spenca:

And for what reason would they do that? To cause Mass hysteria? Or public incitement?
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
21st century reconnaissance airplanes can take a picture of you in your fathers house and know exactly if you are armed or not from more than 40,000 feet.

If you in any way believe that America flew a drone to spy on Ibadan people...u are simply a mad man.

You are a descendant of the chiefs that sold us out cos of mirrors.

It's more than a hundred years yet Nigerians are still stup1d.

Imagine one of the commenters said America will want to spy on an oil rich nation. Jesus.

They already have what they want. Your leaders gave them you stup1d booncoon.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by MDMA: 12:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
nutty_hnic:
21st century reconnaissance airplanes can take a picture of you in your fathers house and know exactly if you are armed or not from more than 40,000 feet.
If you in any way believe that America flew a drone to spy on Ibadan people...u are simply a mad man.
Imagine one of the commenter said America will want to spy on an oil rich nation. Jesus.

Spot on my brother. Most EDUCATED Nigerians are indeed stupeed!

Now lemme add a bit to this.

Aerial photography is the taking of photographs of the ground from an elevated position. The term usually refers to images in which the camera is not supported by a ground-based structure. Platforms for aerial photography include fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, multirotor Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), balloons, blimps and dirigibles, rockets, kites, parachutes, stand-alone telescoping and vehicle mounted poles.

Multirotor helicopters
The COPTERCAM 8 aerial camera system

A number of multirotor UAS are purposely built for aerial photography.
ALMA antennas seen from above

Octocopters (8 rotors)

Hexacopters (6 rotors)

Aibotix
Draganflyer

Quadcopters (4 rotors)

[img]http://rcsmart.com.my/webshaper/pcm/pictures/DJI/22.01.2013/dji_phantom_quadcopter-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://creativentechno.files./2012/06/quadcopter_newframe.jpg[/img]

[img]http://aeroquad.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7091&d=1346002290[/img]

Tricopters (3 rotors)

Multirotors have been the platform of choice for professional aerial photographers because they are mechanically simpler than helicopters, thus reducing the risk of mechanical failure. Correctly built and tuned they also offer less vibration and greater stability.

Multirotors generally have at least 2 rotors, however with the additional rotors, their payload lifting capacity and redundancy increases. If a 6 rotor aircraft loses power to one rotor it will lose yaw control. If an 8 rotor aircraft loses power to 1 rotor, there is negligible effect on control. This is an important design feature because unlike helicopters with a variable pitch rotor, multirotor aircraft do not have the ability to autorotate.

The flight control system consists of an attitude head reference system (AHRS which is generally also found in manned aircraft with autopilots). The gyros, accelerometers, magnetometers allows the flight control system to determine whether it is level, pitched, rolled and what direction it is pointing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_photography

[size=18pt]SHAMELESS SETS OF VILLAGE BACKWARD THINKING BUFFONS!

I NOW KNOW THE REASON WHY NIGERIANS DESERVE THE TYPE OF LEADERS THEY HAVE. GULLIBILITY.
[/size]
JUST IMAGINE THE GOAT THAT WROTE THIS:

[quote author=spenca]

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by cj1080(m): 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
I asked some of my friend outside the country to read this thread.

Everyone on is laughing their heads off asking 'you can't seriously mean some people over there are than slow, like this is a joke right'.

Ah naija , laugh no gree me, unable Don dull me finally and to think anyone can now check and read this online and see our level of.....

Naija I hail una

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by alingo4life: 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2013

You are nothing but a Stupid Idiot.By the way,which state do you come from?Maybe one of those Local states which are like satellite towns in Ibadan...What would you say of the Burning of 4 students in Aluu in Rivers state?Did that happen in Ibadan?Which is more barbaric and Local in burning human beings to death,and a misleading report by a stupid Newspaper,telling citizens that one toys is a Drone..I no blame you sha,Na Tribune i blame..Idiot
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by dejt4u(m): 12:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
I'm damn sure that this is a toy.. Evidences to knw dat it is a toy include;
1. Battery capacity(it cannt work for upto 24hrs), if it is workin on a solar energy, i wld agreed dat it is a drone
2. Body material(plastic, which is nt strong enough to travel a long distance wit aerodynamics)
3. Memory card content nd size(what picture or info will dat one gather)
4. Remote sensor (infra red, bluetooth, microwave, or radio wave)
5. If it hs a camera, of wat pixel is d camera??
As a graduate of physics that a offered and understand courses like atmospheric physics, remote sensing, electromag nd nuclear physis..i must tell u honestly that this thing is nothing bt a toy or a practical material..
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by druid06(m): 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
It didn't take me up a millionth of a second to figure out that this is definitely not a drone. It's probably some cheap knock-out imitation/copy of a toy drone.

Not sure what all the fuss and hype is about...
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by abdulahi001: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
nutty_hnic:

Imagine one of the commenters said America will want to spy on an oil rich nation. Jesus.

Well, No hard feelings, you are entitle to your thoughts.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by maxtamazin: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
spenca:

Wow!!! Am not surprised how stupid and gullible Nigerian are but sometimes our naivety is a big concern to me. How many of us have seen a drone before? That picture is a drone, the story around it might be different but am 100% sure that is a drone. what do expect the police to say..the standard reply all over the world is to deny anything the government is doing and dont want the citizen to do know about it.

There are different types of drone: surveillance and combat. This one is a surveillance drone and am sure this has been flying in our airspace for long time and am sure the govt. knw about it.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by spenca: 12:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
abdulahi001:

And for what reason would they do that? To cause Mass hysteria? Or public incitement?

To make you believe it is what it isnt
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Priwillo: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
lol if ib guyz catch u eh
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
maxtamazin:

Wow!!! Am not surprised how stupid and gullible Nigerian are but sometimes our naivety is a big concern to me. How many of us have seen a drone before? That picture is a drone, the story around it might be different but am 100% sure that is a drone. what do expect the police to say..the standard reply all over the world is to deny anything the government is doing and dont want the citizen to do know about it.

There are different types of drone: surveillance and combat. This one is a surveillance drone and am sure this has been flying in our airspace for long time and am sure the govt. knw about it.

Holy sh1t..can someone please close this thread?

Do not under estimate the stup1d1ty of a Nigerian. Salvage your sanity while you can.

You will be greatly disappointed when you set an expectation on their behavior.

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by MDMA: 12:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
[size=18pt]SPENCA,

YOU ARE A GOAT![/size]

1 Like

Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by maxtamazin: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
nutty_hnic:

What is ur point? There a thousands of drone application. The US govt dont need to spy on us, that is not necessary and again it could be a mapping drone, weather drone,surveillance drone. People thinks drone is all about spying, war....there are other application. Amazon is planning to use drone for parcel delivery, this could be for anything other than spying.
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by moscobabs(m): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
nawa for this ibadan pple sef, they too local
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by Segzy23: 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
nina myers: it's not any toy, it really is a real drone. There are different types of drones, this happens to be one. Goggle drone images and you will see it's almost like this Ibadan discovery. The police are trying to cover up some thing. The camera must have fallen off somewhere. Posted some images i saw on goggle. Remember goggle is your friend. The pics posted, the last image fell from the sky in Manhattan, the third image is the one in Ibadan. There are other stories like that are online. I hate it when they think we are ignorant people.

Pics not showing i don't know why.

I will start believing you when learn how to spell google. You need to take the goggles off to see the real thing on google, with your goggles on, a toy will always look like the real thing
Re: Recovered Flying Object In Ibadan Is A Toy - Police, SSS by dejibimbo(m): 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
*off topic* who has read about Amazon delivery drones....pple dey invent, pple dey create....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Approves 170m For Free WAEC Past Questions / European Union Backs Okonjo-Iweala For WTO Job – Bloomberg / Air Commodore Wap Maigida Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.