Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,826 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All (21313 Views)

Gtbank: The Secrets Behind The Success Of Nigeria’s No. 1 Bank / A Business Lesson To Learn This Week / How China Creates Jobs, A Lesson For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by fabrista(m): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
kul
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by fabrista(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
it is well

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by ukchy: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Indeed a lesson.Am in love with my phantom A2... wink
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Zammydagreat(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
Lollll aba company
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by caukerzee(m): 1:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
You want to know what success is? Selling 50 million units of your flagship not selling substandard cheap particle to guliable people from 3rd world countries, not even recognized in your home country and the sales of all your phone line up not more than 2 million units.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by chukxie(m): 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
Tecno is making a kill in Nigeria more than it's doing in any other African country. I hope the Chinese government realizes the importance Nigeria / Nigerians are making to the development of Tecno as a brand /company!
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Thank you poster, i just took care of the moles eating up my business for the past 6 months.

I have decided to manage my business myself and do away with the wet blankets eating up my productivity and profitability. 2 sacked this december. One replaced and me be manager now..

So i anticipate that my set targets for march and june 2014 will be met without struggle..
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
utimatedes: The marketing manager, brand manager and business development manager really understand the market they operate.

Business has thought me that profit does not belong to him who runs around 7am to 7pm but he who observes, sits down, thinks, plans and executes a little of his observation.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Geestunnar(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
caukerzee: You want to know what success is? Selling 50 million units of your flagship not selling substandard cheap particle to guliable people from 3rd world countries, not even recognized in your home country and the sales of all your phone line up not more than 2 million units.
blah blah we av heard dis ish over n over, we need new ISH
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by caukerzee(m): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Geestunnar:
blah blah we av heard dis ish over n over, we need new ISH
Doesn't change the fact. Sammy sees 40 million units sold of a device that costs over $600 as a disappointment. Tecno sees selling a few thousands of an entire line of products as success. The difference is clear.

1 Like

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Geestunnar(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
caukerzee: Doesn't change the fact. Sammy sees 40 million units sold of a device that costs over $600 as a disappointment. Tecno sees selling a few thousands of an entire line of products as success. The difference is clear.
That is called starting from the ground up, something you barely understand
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Chartey(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
chukxie: Tecno is making a kill in Nigeria more than it's doing in any other African country. I hope the Chinese government realizes the importance Nigeria / Nigerians are making to the development of Tecno as a brand /company!
Well, don't hope too much because Tecno is not even known in China.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Olumikedos(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Please how do I modify a post?
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2013
What's their sales number relative to the big players in 2013? To what extent have they encroached on the hitherto established players' (BB&Samsung etc) share? What's their profit margin? Just because they are selling like hot cake doesn't mean they are turning in a profit. MICROSOFT sold the original Xbox for many years a loss just to cut in on Sony's share of the console market. No doubt, Tecno has done tremendously well as far as making an impact and giving consumers a genuine alternative, but the analyst in me still wants to cut thru the hype to understand the underlying factors that make the coy tick.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by crackthinker: 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
yorke1:

Do you know what happen of recent. A group of "big guys" organised a party and everyone were bring out their phones to snap and video. I noticed that people who had TECNO phones on them were ashamed to boldly display out their phones where the likes of Samsung, Apple, BB etc.
People using that phone(TECNO) are easily intimidated when they see people using the likes of Samsung, Apple and other Android device. They know what they are using is inferior.

They were hiding their phones not because their phones were inferior but because they had low self esteem, always believe in your self no matter the situation and you will realise that your life will be more enjoyable.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by ketoprofen(m): 2:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Team infinix
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Ekawu(m): 3:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
I`m using a Phantom Pad, I can do anything an IPad does.
#team TECNO
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by xprince59(m): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
tank u tecno
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
Pls how much is M7
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by KELVIN086: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
hmm
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Silas0(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2013
RazaqMB: Buying phantom A+ 2maro...yay..cnt wait cheesy
the phone is the bomb!
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by texazzpete(m): 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
Sorry, there are no lessons to be learned from Tecno's success in Nigeria. They were just in the right place at the right time. This has nothing to do with people being fascinated with Nokia phones at the time. Symbian was by far the dominant Smartphone platform at the time and tecno were making substandard products with abysmal build quality and a dumb OS. This is more of a case of finally providing a decent product after years and years of shitty products.

Thank God for Mediatek that has enabled legions of chinese OEMs to mass produce Android phones at a cheap price, thank God for Google that released Android, a license free OS that these guys could adopt.

I'd be cautious about hailing TEcno as the 'messiah'. I'll get some flak for this, but IMHO, Tecno is one of the laziest of the Chinese OEMs when it comes to actual 'innovation'. They use that word very often, but I challenge anyone to show where the hardware innovation is in their recent devices. They also fail to provide software updates like the serious OEMs like Xiaomi, Huawei and ZTE sometimes do.

Still, their popularity is good news for the Nigerian market. Mediatek's new Chipsets will bring about excellent performance in the 2014 wave of phones, 720p should become standard as the screen resolution in 2014 and we should see much better camera performance. Best of all, the likes of Tecno have helped in sinking the grip of Blackberry on our smartphone landscape.

1 Like

Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by akposking(m): 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nice one...
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by GentleFrank(m): 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2013
Good !
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Emisco3310(m): 4:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
Utimatedes
The marketing manager, brand manager and business development manager really understand the market they operate.

Yea,they're effective[b]Utimatedes
The marketing manager, brand manager and business development manager really understand the market they operate.

Yea,they're effective[/b]Utimatedes

Yea,they're highly effective.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Emisco3310(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
[emmyid] hey bro....it is call space booking. Is nt a crime, am jus securing a space for future comment. [/quote]
sure!
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Emisco3310(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][emmyid] hey bro....it is call space booking. Is nt a crime, am jus securing a space for future comment. [/quote]
[emmyid] hey bro....it is call space booking. Is nt a crime, am jus securing a space for future comment. [/quote]
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Emisco3310(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2013

[size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

sure!
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by armadeo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
RazaqMB: Buying phantom A+ 2maro...yay..cnt wait cheesy

Just bought the phantom A * (DONT KNOW WHERE D PLUS IS YET) am wondering where this phone has been all the while. magnificent.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Skills10: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
That a product is made in china does not necessarily mean sub standard. About 98% of modems used in this country are made in china(huawei).Same way Huawei offers cheap but efficient equipments to send off d likes of motorola, alcatel lucent, nokia semens. Even Ericsson has lost the market to huawei in Nigeria. So, cost does not always
transform to better quality.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by Spiff20(m): 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
#team p5# shhhh...no noise, my baby is sleeping rite nw (charging). P5 members hit like if u like.
Re: The Success Of Tecno: A Business Lesson For All by mecussey(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
youngice: please how can I quote more than one person

Use common sense... E dey for the back of our brains, try locate yours. I never did it but common sense tells me that i can quote..copy..paste, quote copy paste (qcp)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Seen The New 5000 Naira Note? / Is E-naira Dead? / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.