Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. - Jobs/Vacancies (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. (344820 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by masscorp(m): 8:06pm On May 21, 2016
I contacted one of the staff of NPA (General Manager) and asked him how about the recruitment stuff and he said that he also contacted one of the committee members yesterday and he told him that very soon the successful candidates will be contacted. So lets keep on praying for the best in life. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by ukoekah: 8:50pm On May 25, 2016
cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 9:17am On May 26, 2016
Yesterday mark exactly a month for Lagos interview. May Allah help us all.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 5:33pm On May 26, 2016
worldgreatest:
Yesterday mark exactly a month for Lagos interview. May Allah help us all.
It is not over until it is over #MayGodhelpusall Soonest Insha Allah

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ali97(m): 8:17pm On May 29, 2016
Somebody told me that they have added 100 people in the recruitment, i don't know if it is true or not. but the guy never tell me something which is not reliable.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by ukoekah: 9:27pm On May 29, 2016
Ali, who told you.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2016
Ali97:
Somebody told me that they have added 100 people in the recruitment, i don't know if it is true or not. but the guy never tell me something which is not reliable.
Did they added 100 people or they increased the number of applicants to be employed?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Pamelayoung: 8:33am On May 30, 2016
Please is it still on can I apply
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ali97(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2016
I can't say precisely, but you know how it is in Nigeria, if you get your ways you can still have it without applying.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ali97(m): 2:24pm On May 30, 2016
It is the same things bro. Addition or increase. the additional people is not from the NPA Management, it's from d oga @ d top ooooo.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Alyasaa1(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2016
Ali97:
this 100 people are training they were recruited 9to 10 yrs ago and they were trained at that time , they finished their training is posting only remind for them government stop paying them their allowances so as that they send the case to the house of representative, then the house send their names to NPA to call them for there allowance and post thems to continue the work. and the MD reject them.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 12:21pm On May 31, 2016
Alyasaa1:
this 100 people are training they were recruited 9to 10 yrs ago and they were trained at that time , they finished their training is posting only remind for them government stop paying them their allowances so as that they send the case to the house of representative, then the house send their names to NPA to call them for there allowance and post thems to continue the work. and the MD reject them.
Nawa ooo, what re they saying about our own recruitment?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by alimat216(m): 6:17pm On May 31, 2016
Alyasaa1:
here is another honourable GUDAJI in the house, I dey feel u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 7:36pm On May 31, 2016
alimat216:

here is another honourable GUDAJI in the house, I dey feel u
Please you people should learn to confirm information before passing but from the management of NPA there is nothing like that information NPA never recruited anyone 9th to 10yrs ago the last recruitment of NPA for fire service officers was done 14yrs ago and No federal government Job will recruit anybody and stop paying him allowance just like that is a bloody lair, is either you are sacked or you are not recruited at all, Job Scammers scam you! any federal government recruitment you heard was already planned and budgeted for even before it was started, it's all lairs.and where were the 100 staffs you claim when NPA recruited mooring men or where we're they to when NPA recruited security men so why didn't dey fixed them then if is true , I confirm from a reliable source it's all lairs nothing like that happens, we should still have patient , the calls and text of final applicant will roll out soon. INSHA ALLAH #MayGodhelpusall

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 31, 2016
Abdulforever:
Please you people should learn to confirm information before passing but from the management of NPA there is nothing like that information NPA never recruited anyone 9th to 10yrs ago the last recruitment of NPA for fire service officers was done 14yrs ago and No federal government Job will recruit anybody and stop paying him allowance just like that is a bloody lair, is either you are sacked or you are not recruited at all, Job Scammers scam you! any federal government recruitment you heard was already planned and budgeted for even before it was started, it's all lairs we were the 100 you claim when NPA recruited mooring men or where we're they to when NPA recruited security men so why didn't dey fixed them then if is true in confirm from a reliable source it's all lairs nothing like that happens, we should still have patient the calls and text of final applicant will roll out soon. INSHA ALLAH #MayGodhelpusall
Always on point

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=chibuikegn post=46150474]
Always on point[/quote #MayGodhelpusall]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 11:49am On Jun 01, 2016
Ameen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
[quote author=Abdulforever post=46168164][/quote]
Amen and u shall also be congratulated.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ali97(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
No update guys?
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Alyasaa1(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
A bad beginning make a good ending. guys let we keep on praying Allah will help us insha Allah
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 1:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Good day house, let's don't relent in praying and continue to keep the faith. #weshallhavethelastlaugh. Ameen
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Ali97(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hello guys it's bn a while. The news i have today about this long awaited job is somebody told me that they will contact the successful candidate next month. May Allah help us all Ameen.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2016
The room has been so silent. Everyone in hibernation mode waiting for the long awaited txt msg of success.All is well. #God will help us all#.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
worldgreatest:
The room has been so silent. Everyone in hibernation mode waiting for the long awaited txt msg of success.All is well. #God will help us all#.
True talk bro.
NPA should kindly come to how aids.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Alyasaa1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2016
we will not accept nepotism guys say no to Nepotism!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2016
Alyasaa1:
we will not accept nepotism guys say no to Nepotism!!!!!!
No to Nepotism. We shall all reap th fruit of our labour.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by Abdulforever(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2016
imrany20:

No to Nepotism. We shall all reap th fruit of our labour.
my brother Nepotism is a norms to Nigeria recruitment which nobody can change it because GEJ Administration makes Nepotism to be norms of every federal recruitment done in Nigeria "you can't control what you can't change it has been the order of the day"and was worster during GEJ time and now ìt still continued now SSS started training last week Wednesday, FIRS recruited 250 applicant they did induction last month 95% of the slots where given to Oga at the top and where we're you when Godwin Emefeile secretly recruited 100 Applicants at CBN when all the slots where given to Atiku,police IG, Saraki daughters and Federal Government did nothing about it and FAAN successful Applicants are starting training tomorrow 15th I applied but was screen out after exams because of Nepotism( I dont, have Oga the top) they share 95% of the slots to dem dem so my brother forget about Nepotism because nothing can change it, I wish all my friends that we took FAAN exams and finally collected there offer letter a successful training till end I believe it wasn't my destiny that's why I wasn't among you so May God help u guys scare through, For my NPA Applicants before sallah we will received our text message for offer letters Insha Allah may God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2016
Abdulforever:
my brother Nepotism is a norms to Nigeria recruitment which nobody can change it because GEJ Administration makes Nepotism to be norms of every federal recruitment done in Nigeria "you can't control what you can't change it has been the order of the day"and was worster during GEJ time and now ìt still continued now SSS started training last week Wednesday, FIRS recruited 250 applicant they did induction last month 95% of the slots where given to Oga at the top and where we're you when Godwin Emefeile secretly recruited 100 Applicants at CBN when all the slots where given to Atiku,police IG, Saraki daughters and Federal Government did nothing about it and FAAN successful Applicants are starting training tomorrow 15th I applied but was screen out after exams because of Nepotism( I dont, have Oga the top) they share 95% of the slots to dem dem so my brother forget about Nepotism because nothing can change it, I wish all my friends that we took FAAN exams and finally collected there offer letter a successful training till end I believe it wasn't my destiny that's why I wasn't among you so May God help u guys scare through, For my NPA Applicants before sallah we will received our text message for offer letters Insha Allah may God bless you all
Love to read through your article bro. Allah Almighty is our strength and nothing is impossible. We shall have the last laugh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by obinna002: 6:16am On Jun 16, 2016
By Godfrey Bivbere

THE Senate is set to scrap the Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, through the modified Ports and Harbours bill which seeks to create a new body to be known as Nigerian Ports and Harbours Authority.

The new bill which replaces the old one that has been at the National Assembly for over 10 years, is meant to strengthen the concession of Nigerian ports to ensure transparency, effective management and improved safety.

SENATE CHAMBER
The Bill which is sponsored by Sen. Andy Uba seeks to repeal the Nigerian Ports Authority Act, 2004 and enact the Nigerian Ports and Harbours Authority to provide for the ownership, management and development of ports and harbours.

A maritime journal, Ships and Ports reported that the bill recommends in part that for the provision of an “appropriate institutional framework for the ownership, management and development of ports and harbours.”

It states further that if privatised, it will “ensure the integrity, efficiency and safety of the ports based on principles of accountability, competition, fairness and transparency, and to encourage private sector participation in the provision of port services and port infrastructure and promote and safeguard Nigeria’s competitiveness and trade objectives.”

The Bill seeks to establish an authority which shall be vested with control and ownership of all ports and harbours on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria, transfer of the technical regulatory powers relating to ports to the Authority, and transfer of the ownership of the land and assets relating to ports currently vested in the Nigerian Ports Authority to the Authority”.

In reforming the sector, the senators may also separate the cargo handling section of the authority from landlord functions within ports and foster greater operating efficiency, accountability and transparency in the management and operation of ports.

The reform of the sector would also provide for “safe navigation, development and efficient management of harbours, channels and waterways and all other conservancy functions”.

The Bill recommends the facilitation of “transfer of technology, information systems and managerial expertise through private sector participation in port operations, creation of means of planning, coordinating, developing and integrating port policies with other maritime activities, surface and air transportation systems.”

The piece of legislation also proposes to introduce “maintenance of appropriate institutional arrangements to support good governance and accountability in ports.”

The new agency, the Senate proposes, should also establish a “reserve fund”, in the mode of the Excess Crude Account as it obtains in the case of proceeds from oil.

The Nigerian Ports and Harbours Bill was originally presented to the National Assembly by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2006 but failed to pass through both chambers. Unlike the new bill, the Obasanjo bill seeks for the splitting of the NPA to two autonomous authorities, the Western Ports and Harbours Authority and the Eastern Ports and Harbours Authority.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2016
I pray it doesn't affect our recruitment. I also read the news.
Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by worldgreatest: 10:06am On Jun 18, 2016
Hi my fellow NPA hopefuls, let us keep praying for the best. I heard successful candidate will be called soon. Allah will help us all and give us cause to smile at the end of it all. 1 luv

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. by imrany20(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2016
Sat 06.18.2016 | Time 4.47 hrs        
Home
About Us
Port Operation
Information Services
PPP
Contact Us

Press Releases

The Managing Director of Nigerian Ports Authority, Mallam Habib Abdullahi has assured Port users and other stakeholders in the maritime industry that the Authority is fully prepared to combat any emergencies and disasters that may occur at any of the nation’s seaports.

Mallam Habib Abdullahi gave the assurance yesterday in Lagos while receiving members of the House of Representative Committee on Emergencies and Disaster Preparedness, who paid him a courtesy visit.
Represented by the Executive Director Marine and Operations, Engr. David Omonibeke, the Managing Director disclosed that the Authority’s Fire Service Department has become a reference point in Lagos State for its swift response to distress calls from public and private agencies  in the state.  This feat, he added, has attracted several commendations to the Authority.

Earlier, the Chairman of the Committee Honourable Ifedayo Abegunde, had told the Managing Director that his Committee is saddled with the constitutional responsibility of formulating pre-emptive policies on search and rescue operations in maritime and air transport industries.

Honourable Abegunde further said the Committee is in NPA to carry out on the spot assessment of the fire and lifesaving facilities within Nigerian Ports with a view to ascertaining if they are in line with International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and International Standard Organisation (ISO) standards. 

The Committee, in company of General Manager, Health Safety and Environment, Engr. T.O. Talabi and Chief Fire Officer, Mr Wale Olayiwola was later conducted round the ports in Lagos to see emergency and disaster facilities.
The Committee also visited similar facilities at Nigeria Independent Petroleum Company (NIPCO) and MRS tanks farms.  During the tour the Committee was shown the sizes, numbers, operations of the facilities and their effectiveness were also demonstrated by Fire Officers.

Other members of the Committee include the Deputy Chairman, Honourable Ismail Hussein, Honourable Monsuru Owolabi, Hon. Taiwo Oyewole, Hon. Rufai Chachangi and Hon. Dan Akpan. 

Musa Iliya
Asst. General Manager, Public Affairs
For: General Manager, Public Affairs .
When will it get to our turn?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (55) (Reply)

NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread / New Announcement: Nigerian Navy Recruiting (ssce, Nce, Ond, Staff Nurses: / Nigerian Airforce Direct Short Service Course (DSSC) 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.