Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi (16199 Views)

Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / An Open Letter To Mikel Obi / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Akalia(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2014
Am totally against the number of friendlies he ideally thought would shape the team for d WC,because it could be somehow tiresome and exausting for the boys;thus,reducing their power.The Big Boss(Keshi) knows his onion as he has proved his coaching prowess in his laurels. So what he needs in the space of time to d WC is all financial support and psychological support. The season of open letter should be over, let's work with what we have.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by akinswagg(m): 9:17am On Jan 03, 2014
nawa o. The guy no even mention ideye...wetin him do una na
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Anvaller: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2014
wahabian: The Guy no adress wetin him suppose address.
1.Asides ambrose and echiejile,we don't have full backs
2.Abeg take Bright Dike,a goal against Catalonia,another against Italy.what other proof again?
3.Mikel dey gass out during the game,true talk.
4.Abeg dey follow Musa talk Big boss.
5.We wish you well,well done.

Its as simple as that. Infact ur no 2 comment in bold is the reason why the coaches will not listen to all these advice from random ppl. The guy that wrote this letter is just complicating things. He is implying that Keshi had been doing nothing since. The coach had tried as many players as the time permits him to. A major reason why we failed to shine at the Confederations Cup was because he was still trying out new guys.

If Keshi must try all the names that he threw out in his letter, we will never be ready before the world cup. And a big reason to note that the writer is not to be taken seriously is his exclusion of a players like Bright Dike and Uche Nwofor. Dike was only given 2 opportunities and he scored critical goals in both ocassions. Uche was only tried once and he scored 2 fantastic goals that decides the match, If to him, players like Nwofor and Dike are not good enough to be taken to world cup, so all the names he is throwing up might never be good enough too.

My advice to Keshi is to simply keep things simple and only invite a few players to be tried out for a stronger midfield and select the best from the players that we have now. We don't have the time to experiment anymore, the only time we have left is to consolidate and blend our current team. Otherwise we will never be ready for the world cup if at this moment we are still trying out players.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by bocin500(m): 9:51am On Jan 03, 2014
@op, I must say that your write-up shows that you have done quite some research and have really followed our football with keen interest.
You gave quite a lot of knowledgeable and insightful technical advise as well as ascertions, and I commned you for that.
My response is not to corroborate your story or debunk same, but just to comment on the dearth of intellectuals in our society today.
It bleeds my heart to see people comment about your write-up being "too long an epistle"....
Little wonder, the sort of comments that plaque the internet today, is only evident of our reading culture.
Good write-up, once again!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Slimmos(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2014
gcfr.com:
are you ok?
I guess u are also not ok...cuz it takes a mad man to know another mad ma

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by ddeola: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2014
Nice one. Even if Keshi no follow your letter, he has been reminded that he needs to start planning and preparing for the world cup NOW!
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by oluwaahmed: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2014
Ejike.chinedu:
I dont give a bleep about this letter,my concern is "how many goals can the super eagle score in brazil??"..CLICK LIKE,if you agree with me.

Y u begging 4 likes oga? Dnt u knw ur comment is senseless? Try read, its a very nice write up

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Peterpan1(m): 10:15am On Jan 03, 2014
Ejike.chinedu:
I dont give a bleep about this letter,my concern is "how many goals can the super eagle score in brazil??"..CLICK LIKE,if you agree with me.
What a cheap way to source for likes.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2014
oga,hope u remember our last outing at d worldcup. . .we said greece na small baby wey dat werey aboki finished us and ehmm is it south korea or north. . .yakubu empty net wey im go pass to camera man instead of scoring. . .u callin bosnia and iran minors. . .letz hope we never kpai b4 dem. . .i will raise diz thread again then. . .
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 03, 2014
Slimmos:
I guess u are also not ok...cuz it takes a mad man to know another mad ma
see as i dey laf like madman 4 here. . .u funny o. .so both of u are madmen
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by 9icegee: 10:49am On Jan 03, 2014
**this post, coming from a woman, am not surprised. they know nothing about football (tho am not trying to belittle women, as some nowadays give pretty nice comments on soccer and follow it well...i guess there's one here, safarigirl if am correct, tht really post pretty nice stuffs on soccer topics [tho sometimes she can be so annoying how she expresses her tots lol], stuffs i used to read and nod my head, tht with this girl, she's well aware of soccer tactics) so i wonder y she evn bothered to say something, nt to talk of saying all the crap she did**
hollandis:
cheesy infact we need omotola and genevieve for left full back and captain respectively.
Who the hell is oshinaike abi na oshinaiwo u call am? Mtchewwwww.
Its not only open letter,its open rubbish angry
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by emmyoha87(m): 10:49am On Jan 03, 2014
@OP,Nice advice bt I can pick 2holes in all U've said like;
1. You've made a case for so many players n left out Osaze n Bright Dike
2. Your team selection without Echiejile n Ambrose would be torn apart.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by 9icegee: 10:56am On Jan 03, 2014
*the ppl complaining tht this post is too long, am sure they're reading it from their phones. they fail to c reason with the fact tht a post thts too long wen read from a phone turns out to be shorter wen viewed from a pc or laptop screen. tht aside...i guess the OP is very good on point. i wont go around to bisect his write up point for point on ones i agree and ones i dnt. generally il side him almost 100% on wot he said. immediately i went thru the list and didnt c osaze's name on it (a guy tht cant even make bench on an avarage club like cardiff, yet some ppl clamour he is the best thing tht cud happen to nigeria at brazil) i knew the OP is on point. but il just like to add, BRIGHT DIKE shud b fixed in somewhere in tht list. i like his power and drive and hunger and fighting spirit for goals! with him and emenike, we can bully our way around opponents tht need to be bulllied*
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Emmysteve(m): 10:59am On Jan 03, 2014
Slimmos:
Keep shut guy.....Juwon oshaniwa is a Good left back....he is d King of isreal defence right now........I rep Juwon (oshe baba)....i rep Sabon Gari,,, i rep Zaria.....I rep Kaduna state I rep Nepa FC..sabon Gari.....Juwon (oshe baba) egbon Juwon all d way to isreal...without Juwon no world Cup semi final
Shutup with ur bias point of view.

Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by buskie13(m): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2014
De eagles will soar high dis year in Brazil.like if you pray for de eagles to succeed.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Donbabaj: 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2014
nijanigga: Many of these guys are lazy to read simple essay. But to the writer, as usual Nigerians like short-cut to success, he forgot to factor in injuries and many will be over used by their clubs and worn out prior to the world cup finals. Very laughable to include players like : Aluko, Oshaniwa, Haruna, Moses (over rated),Esieme in the eagle's squad. So ridiculous to think that Nigeria will make it to semi-final, it's called short-sight and delusional thinking.

**************Aluko**********************Moses***************
****************************Haruna***************************
**************Onazi***********************Mikel****************
***Oshaniwa********Oboabona**********Omeruo**********Esieme***

Did i hear u say Moses Over rated? You must be out of your senses for making just that one useless statement!
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
hollandis:
If keshi follows his advice ,we will leave from the very first match against iran.you people have started again that's why you coerced onigbinde to take ogbeche because of one stupid sangalo that didn't even enter the net , and one femi under 17 guy ,wey no sabi play ball.Una don come again .yeye fowls wey refuse to lay egg
Must you drag me into this, use another example.. Like Sodje and Agali grin cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by safarigirl(f): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
@ OP, sorry, I read this write-up twice, I dunno if it was a typo, but I noticed Bright Dike isn't on your list, are you suggesting we take just one striker to Brazil? Dike is Emenike's cousin, so the ability to score amazing goals must be in his blood, he's played his heart out in every game he's been invited for AND the dude is even taking PIDGIN ENGLISH LESSONS just so he can blend in better. If that's not a dedicated, deserving player, I don't know who is.
Donbabaj:

Did i hear u say Moses Over rated? You must be out of your senses for making just that one useless statement!

my brother, this is NL, expect the ridiculous. Imagine Moses that plays like a beast when he's in the Nigerian jersey, overrated? Because e no wan wound for Liverpool make im chances of going to WC no spoil, na im dem say the guy dey lazy and over rated. Awon smellos
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by eoadeniji(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
olaolayink: nff don miss road.....see coach....why you no apply.....
guy u dey make person laugh jor grin
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Jobig(m): 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
open letter indeed,why not advice him on some of players conditions in their clubs.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Kristoclear(m): 5:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dis is very intresting, i actually read thru d letter. Brova u'v given brilliant analysis of things i things in our football n squad dat i realy think d head coach shd look into. It is true, there is no time as u have mentioned, a well planned n scheduled set of friendlies similar to wat u'v drawn up will do us alot of good. I hope Keshi will b unbiased as usuall n select d best squad 4 Nigeria. Kudos Brov.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by 9icegee: 5:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
safarigirl: @ OP, sorry, I read this write-up twice, I dunno if it was a typo, but I noticed Bright Dike isn't on your list, are you suggesting we take just one striker to Brazil? Dike is Emenike's cousin so the ability to score amazing goals must be in his blood, he's played his heart out in every game he's been invited for AND the dude is even taking PIDGIN ENGLISH LESSONS just so he can blend in better. If that's not a dedicated, deserving player, I don't know who is. my brother, this is NL, expect the ridiculous. Imagine Moses that plays like a beast when he's in the Nigerian jersey, overrated? Because e no wan wound for Liverpool make im chances of going to WC no spoil, na im dem say the guy dey lazy and over rated. Awon smellos

@bolded: 1st time am hearing this. I wonder weda she's kidding (knowing her and the way she talks some times) or its seriously true...(i wonder if she had read de post i mentioned her name earlier, i tink on de 1st page or so)
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by tonyadex(m): 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2014
Nice write up, hope our oga at the top will see this.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by safarigirl(f): 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
9icegee:
@bolded: 1st time am hearing this. I wonder weda she's kidding (knowing her and the way she talks some times) or its seriously true...(i wonder if she had read de post i mentioned her name earlier, i tink on de 1st page or so)
no kidding, Bright Dike is Emmanuel Emenike's cousin
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ile-Ife:
Stephen Okechukwu Keshi
Head Coach
Super Eagles
Nigerian Football Federation
Olusegun Obasanjo Way
Abuja

Dear sir,

As we are in an open letter season, it is pertinent that we make the maximum use of this popular medium of communication, while it is in vogue.
So long as it is used positively to better our nation, enhance our collective lives, eschew errors of the past and suggest ways to make Nigeria a better place for all of us, it is a good thing.

Unlike other letters that are flying around at the moment, this one is from a friend and not a foe and be rest assured, it contains no personal attack, malice of negative criticism. This letter is designed to better our lot come June next year when the Super Eagles will be featuring in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Given your history as a former Super Eagles player, captain and assistant coach, you are fully aware of our footballing history and how we have featured ion four tournaments so far. To be honest, the last two World Cups in which Nigeria featured are best forgotten about as our senseless decision to change coaches and overhaul our teams with just a few months to go was suicidal to put it politely.

Come 2014, however, we are on the cusp of creating history and correcting the wrongs of the past as we are not changing the guard at the last minute, are African champions, are seeing a return of confidence and as our recent friendly with Italy showed, have the nucleus of a team that can compete at the highest level. However, at this level, a few minor details, which may only account for say 5% of overall planning, can sometimes make the difference between failure and success.

In the main, we have a very kind draw, having been grouped with Argentina, debutants Bosnia-Herzegovina and minnows Iran in Group F. We have a good chance of reaching the semi finals at the least if we get our act together but we have one major problem - Time is not on our side.
Unfortunately, there is only one Fifa window left before the end of the current season and after that, there will only be 18 days between when our camp opens on May 25 and the start of the World Cup. Subsequently, we simply do not have the time to arrange as many friendly games as we need to get our team in shape, which is a big worry.

How could we prepare:
[1] We are in the same group as Argentina, so should play Colombia. Given that Colombia are in the same group as Ivory Coast, I would imagine they want to play African opposition too

[2] South Korea are playing Algeria, so I would imagine they also want to play African opposition. Bear in mind we are playing Iran, who were in the same World Cup qualification group as South Korea (The Persians actually topped the group), I think this is a game that will also do us well

[3] Bosnia-Herzegovina qualified from the same European group as Greece, who are also in Ivory Coast's group. They play similar southern European football, just as we and Les Elephants play similar West African football, so a game will do both of us well

[4] In March, there is a Fifa window and we basically need to squeeze two friendlies into this window

[5] We could play Colombia on Tuesday March 4 and then Greece on Friday March 7, both in England

[6] We should play them in Europe, so we can fit in two games within the week. Ideally, it would be good to play both games in England, to avoid long travel

[7] At the end of the season in May, we can then play South Korea, maybe in Brazil itself

[8] In the run-up to the World Cup, we could play two or three more friendlies.

[9] While camped in the US for instance, we can play friendlies against South American countries Venezuela, Peru and Bolivia.

[10] Unlike everyone else, we need such a hectic schedule because we have to try out about 10 players who should be part of our current set-up but are not and they need to be tested

What should our friendly schedule look like:
[1] March 4 - Colombia (London)
[2] March 7 - Greece (London)
[3] May 24 - Venezuela (London)
[5] May 31 - Bolivia (Houston)
[6] June 2 - Peru (Houston)
[7] June 7 - South Korea (Cuiaba)
[8] June 11 - Local Brazilian clubside Atletico Paranaense (Curitiba)

Given that players we desperately need have not played for the Eagles for a while, if at all, we simply do not have the luxury of a leisurely World Cup run-in. If we are casual about it, we will fail as we did in the last two tournaments we participated in.

Players who desperately need at least two matches to see how they fit in [/b]with the current set-up include:

[b]One of the beauties of football is that it takes very little time to determine how good a person is
. If any of these players show they are not up to the task, then they will of course be decamped but it cannot be right to not give them the opportunity to show their worth before discarding them.

It would have been wonderful if we were at this stage in the summer before the Confederations Cup, where we could have used that tournament to look at these players but as we cannot turn back the hand of the clock, we just have to deal with the situation as it is. Given that you have opted for a 4-3-3 formation, it is easy to tell what our team requires and where the reinforcements are needed.

However, before we can agree on this squad, these players need to be tried and tested in friendly games. I suggest we use the March Fifa window judiciously as it is the last chance we will have.

We need all these 29 players in camp on March and have to try them all out, in what will be our most important pruning exercise of the World Cup programme. Fifa's March window may well determine if we fail or succeed in Brazil 2014.

Kind regards
Ayo Akinfe
Nigerian Watch
London
UK

http://news.naij.com/55464.html

this sounds so ridiculous to me. shows that the writer is a novice. if indeed it takes very little time to know if a player is good then is it necessary to invite them to play or can that not be achieved by watching them play for their clubs? its like some funny people seem to think that they suddenly have more football knowledge than the man that has guided the national team to continental success and is set to lead us to the worlds biggest football event. do you really think that the last few friendlies will be spent calling up and trying out all sorts of players who have played no part in/of the current squad in the Nations cup, confederations cup and even friendlies? whats wrong with this guy and others who are supporting him?? you guys must be having a laugh for real.what a joke.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Prodigee: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2014
AncientJerk:

this sounds so ridiculous to me. shows that the writer is a novice. if indeed it takes very little time to know if a player is good then is it necessary to invite them to play or can that not be achieved by watching them play for their clubs? its like some funny people seem to think that they suddenly have more football knowledge than the man that has guided the national team to continental success and is set to lead us to the worlds biggest football event. do you really think that the last few friendlies will be spent calling up and trying out all sorts of players who have played no part in/of the current squad in the Nations cup, confederations cup and even friendlies? whats wrong with this guy and others who are supporting him?? you guys must be having a laugh for real.what a joke.
So u had to quote the whole thing to comment?! undecided U are the real novice! angry
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by iamdsam: 6:17am On Jan 04, 2014
I like this letter. It spilled all the facts which our coach doesn't have to ignore.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by iamdsam: 6:19am On Jan 04, 2014
AncientJerk:

Na garri be your problem
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by internetpo(m): 7:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Nicely put.
well worded letter, knowing the original poster - ayo I know his pedigree, though I doubt the inclusion of some players
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by Gwekzy: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
This shows that U ave a broad understanding of the game...Great write Up
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by folahann(m): 12:44am On Jan 05, 2014
How could you start Juwon Osaniwa ahead of Echiejile, are you kidding me?

Iheanacho is not ready for this very world Cup, he shouldn't be rushed.

Musa Mohammed should be the backup right back.

I suggest we play Serbia instead of Greece to prepare for Bosnia

We don't really need play any country in order to prepare for Iran. It ain't necessary. If we must, them maybe Saudi Arabia or any other relatively strong country from the middle east.
South Korea's style is by far different from Iran's though they come from same continent.
Re: An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi by adewataiwo: 11:15am On Jan 05, 2014
Get Jamb Answers 24hours Before Exam, We
Guaranteed You 200-300+ Score. Visit
www.examloading.tk
With maximum Assurance
Time Table» 2014/2015 WAEC OFFICIAL TIMETABLE
FOR NIGERIA, GHANA, GAMBIA & SIERRA LEONE
WASSCE SSCE Now AVIALABLE HERE Now @
www.examloading.tk
Waec 2014:- How To Get All 2014 REAL WAEC
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS Direct To Your Phone As Text
Messages (SMS) now @ www.examloading.tk
NABTEB GCE 2014 RUNS @ www.examloading.tk
Neco » Neco SSCE Nov/Dec time table Now @
Www.examloading.tk
-NECO GCE 2014 RUNS Now @ Www.examloading.tk
Say Good by to failure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Visits NFF Headquaters (Photos) / AFCON Morocco Vs Ghana (1 - 0) On 10th January 2022 / Birmingham 2022: Adekuoroye Wins Gold In Women's Wrestling Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.