Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Make A Wish For Nigeria! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Make A Wish For Nigeria! (3877 Views)

My Advert Not A Death Wish For Buhari, Fayose Tells American Diplomats / Spell Cast On Fayose For His Death Wish For Buhari (video) / Make A Wish For Nigeria On Her 51st Independence Anniversary Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2008
You, in your response assume that the only good response is a wish filled with sloppy kissy feel-good wishes for Nigeria. Are you sure that the millions of Nigerians who have prayed and continued to pray for Nigeria in that way have not done enough of that? Maybe what Nigeria now needs is to be hit with reality in a hard way. Maybe what the country needs at this point is a big jolt of reality to get things right. Wishing for God to do this and that has not done us much in the past.

Come on!! Are you telling me that you only opened this thread to get goody-two-shoe responses? You should state that in your Topic if that is the case.

Enough of the bickering please!!! The topic said, "YOUR WISH FOR NIGERIA" and while anybody has a right to wish Nigeria evil, it's still unethical because I can't imagine many us coming here everyday to lament on the deplorable state of Nigeria and has nothing to offer even when our offering will come to us for Free. If God appears to you and gave you such an opportunity and you believing He can make it happen still passed on it like some response above, that automatically means that you do not have love and respect for not only the country Nigeria but for the people living in it.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by JeSoul(f): 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You, in your response assume that the only good response is a wish filled with sloppy kissy feel-good wishes for Nigeria. Are you sure that the millions of Nigerians who have prayed and continued to pray for Nigeria in that way have not done enough of that? Maybe what Nigeria now needs is to be hit with reality in a hard way. Maybe what the country needs at this point is a big jolt of reality to get things right. Wishing for God to do this and that has not done us much in the past.

Come on!! Are you telling me that you only opened this thread to get goody-two-shoe responses? You should state that in your Topic if that is the case.

common now I don't think she was saying that. Its just that a little postivity, in spite of your current displeasure with the state of things, wouldn't hurt kiss

the Isrealites spent 450yrs praying and suffering in Egypt before God rescued them with Moses, Nigeria hasn't been on her own for half a century  cheesy  grin  God can still do it jor  

Disclaimer: I'm not exactly expecting God to send us another Moses . . . just trying to make a point
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 07, 2008
So ridiculous to compare the avg Nigerians to an avg American with all the coverage their country has given them in the past and present.

How can one pray for a nation that allows the slaughtering of his/her brothers up north or a country that killed about 3 million of her own in a particular region?

Whoever finds it fit to wish that Nigeria becomes Dubai overnight without working can go on with the "wishes".
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by dudubobo1: 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2008
Wish for Nigeria hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wish for all those who have occupied, who presently occupy and who are striving to occupy political positions in Nigeria be cleared out of the way and to decentralise the governance
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by JeSoul(f): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2008
nuzo:

How can one pray for a nation that allows the slaughtering of his/her brothers up north or a country that killed about 3 million of her own in a particular region?
So lemme ask you this question: Who in Nigeria are the victims? and who are the perpetrators? or is every Nigerian quilty on some level?
or if there are millions of innocent citizens, can't they be the ones we're "praying" for peace for?

Whoever finds it fit to wish that Nigeria becomes Dubai overnight without working can go on with the "wishes".
I think you miss the point of Deepzone's intent. It's simply about what you wish to see happen in the country, not necessarily suggesting that we don't hafta get off our behinds and actually do something to make it happen.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2008
nuzo and kobojunkie: perpetual bad weather.

Gloom is their trademark.

They hate sunlight.

Thats their philosophy in a nutshell.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2008

They hate sunlight.

The sad truth.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2008
So ridiculous to compare the avg Nigerians to an avg American with all the coverage their country has given them in the past and present.

So what you are saying that if God appears to you and ask for your wish on Nigeria, you'll just tell Him to go to hell because Nigeria as a country has left a lot of bad taste in your mouth?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2008
nuzo:

let me give you a quote from a book I'm reading at the moment. Its titled  A Ring of Endless Light by madeline Engle.

Suffering, in jewish tradition, confers no priviledges. It all depends on what one makes of the suffering. It is possible to suffer and despair an entire lifetime and still not give up the art of laughter.

Too much bad belle can choke the bearer. undecided

Everything should be in balance. Someone who consistently rains on others parades, is only hurting himself, because you can't always kill the joy in others even if you can't find any yourself.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Eziachi: 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2008
DeepZone:

Thanks Jesoul, at least a sister has our interest in her heart

@Topic:

It's appalling that we Nigerians complain everyday about the sorry state of the nation but assuming we have a chance to make a change, we'll ignore it. Seriously? The purpose of this thread was to go into our hearts to see what we have in stock for our great nation.

The US economy is bad now, the avg citizen complains a lot about the current govt but amidst that, he/she still prays fervently that God will bless and help America go through difficulties even if it didn't happen in his/her lifetime but let it be assured that his/her kids will have a better life than him/her.  How many among us can be that patriotic even if it's within our 200 nautical miles?  Wey you Nigerians?

Well American with their eyes wide open chose to be Americansno one chose to become a Nigerian, unless you knew what I don't. You haven't heard that Nigeria is a country but not a nation, until those called Nigerians chose to become Nigerians, stop expecting the God bless American sing song for Nigeria.
What Do I wish Nigeria?

- Drive Hausa Fulani and their cousins into the sahara desert upward to Somalia where they comes from
- Send back the their neighbours- the Yorubas back to Egypt or wherever they claim Oduduwa come out from
- Throw Niger Deltan across the Atlantic to disappear
- Send the Igbos back Jerusalem via Ethiopia
-And may the person whose idea brought about Nigeria never rest in peace.

Then what a peaceful remainder! You can hear the tranquility
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Eziachi: 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2008
JeSoul:

common now I don't think she was saying that. Its just that a little postivity, in spite of your current displeasure with the state of things, wouldn't hurt kiss

the Isrealites spent 450yrs praying and suffering in Egypt before God rescued them with Moses, Nigeria hasn't been on her own for half a century  cheesy  grin  God can still do it jor 

Disclaimer: I'm not exactly expecting God to send us another Moses . . . just trying to make a point

For a start the Isrealites are decendant of Abraham and Abraham we were told is God's friend. Whose decendant are you and the rest of the zombies and follow follows called citizens of Nigeria?
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 11:22pm On Aug 07, 2008
Eziachi:

Well American with their eyes wide open chose to be Americansno one chose to become a Nigerian, unless you knew what I don't. You haven't heard that Nigeria is a country but not a nation, until those called Nigerians chose to become Nigerians, stop expecting the God bless American sing song for Nigeria.
What Do I wish Nigeria?

- Drive Hausa Fulani and their cousins into the sahara desert upward to Somalia where they comes from
- Send back the their neighbours- the Yorubas back to Egypt or wherever they claim Oduduwa come out from

see the kind of weirdness people are turning into in the name of being anti-Nigerian.

so who occupies the region called Nigeria, in the event every single Nigerian is sent to these places you mention. Places where the owners will probably dump you in the sahara desert anyway. Illegal immigrant wey wan take over another man's country.

I'd personally wish for five more wishes. One would be to grant Nigerians common sense.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
What Do I wish Nigeria?

And you shall be deported to the land of UR or Canaan.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2008
DeepZone:

who go dash am UR or Canaan? (whatever the modern equivalent is).

Those places no get inhabitants?

After he reach there them go dump am for sahara desert or central African republic.

Or somewhere around lake Chad.

from there he will retrace the original journey from thousands of years ago when there was the mass migration into Nigeria.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2008
who go dash am UR or Canaan? (whatever the modern equivalent is).

Those places no get inhabitants?

After he reach there them go dump am for sahara desert or central African republic.

Or somewhere around lake Chad.

from there he will retrace the original journey from thousands of years ago when there was the mass migration into Nigeria.

Why not pity him a little bit because his 26 children and 8 wives may die from starvation and thirst. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On Aug 08, 2008
JeSoul:

the Isrealites spent 450yrs praying and suffering in Egypt before God rescued them with Moses, Nigeria hasn't been on her own for half a century  cheesy  grin  God can still do it jor 

Please stop already!!! Positivity does not have to start and end with goody-two-shoe wishes please. Even the same Israelites that you seem quick to compare Nigerians with spent time cursing those who enslaved them. Seriously, let us try be honest when we put forth these ridiculous comparisons at least. The same isrealites complained bitterly in slavery before God came to their rescue. If you have not read it yet, many of them had abandoned God by the time moses came in the picture cause they did not understand how such a God could leave them in the hands of the egyptians.  I am not sure God would have come to their rescue if they spent their time smiling and enduring slavery.

Please spend time reading the bible my people. God does not answer only MUSHY prayers. He answers all kinds of prayers and the very fact that the same God allowed his own to go through "HELL" to bring good ought to cue you in to the fact that praying in rose bushes to this God is not going to mean you will have rain and sunshine for answer. JEEEZZZ, carrying this I BETTER PASS YOU attitude even to this extent, you folks have some ego issues here.!!!

PS. Attacking my person,  typical move !!!
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Aug 08, 2008
DeepZone:

You continue to prove my point. You seem to have created this thread so you can pick on those who do not see things or speak exactly the language you want them to. This is not really about making a wish ( as you do not care what unique relationship each individual actually has with the God you mention), but about making the exact wishes you have in mind. Those who do not follow are to be cut down by you. Happy bullying!!!
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2008
tpia:

They hate sunlight.

tpia:

let me give you a quote from a book I'm reading at the moment. Its titled A Ring of Endless Light by madeline Engle.

Too much bad belle can choke the bearer. undecided

Everything should be in balance. Someone who consistently rains on others parades, is only hurting himself, because you can't always kill the joy in others even if you can't find any yourself.

Typical Nigerian; suffering and smiling.

Sorry, i cant be in pains and be displaying my 32.

Shame on you all!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2008
nuzo:

Typical Nigerian; suffering and smiling.

Sorry, i can't be in pains and be displaying my 32.

Shame on you all!!!!!!!!!!

You're in more pain than anyone else on this forum, obviously,

If you doubt that, check your gloomy posts. I don tell you say I fully sympathize. However, life goes on.

Your own suffering no even get relief like other people's own. undecided
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You continue to prove my point. You seem to have created this thread so you can pick on those who do not see things or speak exactly the language you want them to. This is not really about making a wish ( as you do not care what unique relationship each individual actually has with the God you mention), but about making the exact wishes you have in mind. Those who do not follow are to be cut down by you. Happy bullying!!!

You live in America and you dont know what it means when someone says make a wish?

Dont just pass through America- let America pass through you. You sure say no be inside one African village you dey?

even a 4 year old knows the meaning of make a wish.

trust some naijas to see doom in everything. Even sunshine go dey dark for them eye.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by JeSoul(f): 3:29pm On Aug 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Please stop already!!! Positivity does not have to start and end with goody-two-shoe wishes please. Even the same Israelites that you seem quick to compare Nigerians with spent time cursing those who enslaved them. Seriously, let us try be honest when we put forth these ridiculous comparisons at least. The same isrealites complained bitterly in slavery before God came to their rescue. If you have not read it yet, many of them had abandoned God by the time moses came in the picture cause they did not understand how such a God could leave them in the hands of the egyptians.  I am not sure God would have come to their rescue if they spent their time smiling and enduring slavery.

Please spend time reading the bible my people. God does not answer only MUSHY prayers. He answers all kinds of prayers and the very fact that the same God allowed his own to go through "HELL" to bring good ought to cue you in to the fact that praying in rose bushes to this God is not going to mean you will have rain and sunshine for answer. JEEEZZZ, carrying this I BETTER PASS YOU attitude even to this extent, you folks have some ego issues here.!!!

PS. Attacking my person,  typical move !!!
  Wow  shocked  has Nigeria been so cruel to some people that they cannot simply lighten up and make a simple "wish"?   grin  cool  you are taking this thread waaaay too seriously. This is all the poster intended to say
a little postivity, in spite of your current displeasure with the state of things, wouldn't hurt 
Na you sabi if you no fit to see this simple point - you don't hafta agree wit it, but at least understand it. And this is in no way advocating inaction while wishing for things to change, because that seems to be your gripe at the moment.

and ps. who attacked your person?

tpia:

You live in America and you don't know what it means when someone says make a wish?

Dont just pass through America- let America pass through you. You sure say no be inside one African village you dey?

even a 4 year old knows the meaning of make a wish.

trust some naijas to see doom in everything. Even sunshine go dey dark for them eye.
I fear oh! grin  cool
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by tpia: 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2008
make a wish is different from make a curse, @ kobojunkie and nuzo.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2008
JeSoul:

Wow shocked has Nigeria been so cruel to some people that they cannot simply lighten up and make a simple "wish"? grin cool you are taking this thread waaaay too seriously.

But what is the connection between my post, which you posted the above in response to, with this?? How did you figure that all the other wishes are not wishes? Are you sure I am the one taking this thread waaay too seriously? I mean I am not the one busy trying to crucify others for not making "HAPPY" wishes, you are.

JeSoul:

This is all the poster intended to say Na you sabi if you no fit to see this simple point - you don't hafta agree wit it, but at least understand it. And this is in no way advocating inaction while wishing for things to change, because that seems to be your gripe at the moment.

The poster asked a question and each person went on to post responses and BOOOM, it has been turned into an ambush on those whose wishes do not run with the HAPPY wish hidden agenda.

JeSoul:

and ps. who attacked your person?
I fear oh! grin cool

Let me help you, when you attack anyone for having a view different from yours, by claiming the person is a bitter human or has hate for Nigeria and so on, that is an attack. There is a different between attacking an opinion and attacking a person. In this case, if you open your eyes well, you will see that you and your friends have actually been attacking individuals and not opinions, get it now
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by DeepZone: 5:21pm On Aug 08, 2008
The poster asked a question and each person went on to post responses and BOOOM, it has been turned into an ambush on those whose wishes do not run with the HAPPY wish hidden agenda

make a wish is different from make a curse, @ kobojunkie and nuzo.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by bilymuse: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2008
l wish ,
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by chronicle1: 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2008
am not very happy because when some are told to make one wish,they will make two!
i had one ghana mugu saying that his wish is for GOD to remove Ghana from the world, heheheh
maybe he is tired of living is useless life,i think he is one of these types that hangs themselve for sucied.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by JeSoul(f): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

But what is the connection between my post, which you posted the above in response to, with this?? How did you figure that all the other wishes are not wishes? Are you sure I am the one taking this thread waaay too seriously? I mean I am not the one busy trying to crucify others for not making "HAPPY" wishes, you are.

biko, please show me 1 place where I crucified you for having a different view from mine, just one. All my entries have been very lighthearted.

The poster asked a question and each person went on to post responses and BOOOM, it has been turned into an ambush on those whose wishes do not run with the HAPPY wish hidden agenda.

Let me help you, when you attack anyone for having a view different from yours, by claiming the person is a bitter human or has hate for Nigeria and so on, that is an attack. There is a different between attacking an opinion and attacking a person. In this case, if you open your eyes well, you will see that you and your friends have actually been attacking individuals and not opinions, get it now
 oga kobojunkie no vex. I have not attacked yours or any one elses character anywhere on this thread. I'm just saying that you don't hafta been so negative, but then again like you said its your perogative and I don't begrudge you for that, I just wish (no pun intended) that you had something different to say, that's all.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by JeSoul(f): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2008
For a start the Isrealites are decendant of Abraham and Abraham we were told is God's friend. Whose decendant are you and the rest of the zombies and follow follows called citizens of Nigeria?
  I didn't even see this response before . . .
neways, please re-read my post. I was making a casual and lighthearted comparison between the length of time the isrealites were in bondage and how long Nigeria has existed in "bondage"- finish! what you see at face value is all you get so please don't stretch my words to say something it isn't.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by chronicle1: 8:10pm On Aug 08, 2008
please do not be angry with me,am not talking to you, i don't know how to reply straight to somebody
am new here
please tell me where i can reply a specified personel
am henry udeoye, am sorry
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by JeSoul(f): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2008
chronicle1 smiley
if you're refering to me uhm no I'm not angry with you smiley why would I be?

new member? Welcome to NL smiley
To reply to a specific person just include their name at the top of your reply like I did here

OR

when you hit the reply button, scroll down and you'll see all the comments, click on "insert quote" to insert a previous comment. Any other questions? just go here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-18.0.html
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Eziachi: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2008
@tpia & Deepzone,

Silly me, I thought we were individually ask to make a wish? I didn't realise that what you meant was, make a wish that conformed to your own wish or wishes. Before you bring out your sledge hammer again, can I make one more wish, if that is alright for both of you internet police? I wish you don't have to read my contribution if my opinion differs from your. Now you can both rest.
Re: Make A Wish For Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
JeSoul:

biko, please show me 1 place where I crucified you for having a different view from mine, just one. All my entries have been very lighthearted.
  oga kobojunkie no vex. I have not attacked yours or any one elses character anywhere on this thread. I'm just saying that you don't hafta been so negative, but then again like you said its your perogative and I don't begrudge you for that, I just wish (no pun intended) that you had something different to say, that's all.

SHow me one negative in all I have posted so far. Just one!!

And then explain to me why I need to be told that making a "negative wish" is wrong or I should change it cause your "Dear heart" can not stand my making such a "WISH". Then follow that with telling me how your wish is more positive than mine ( Not that I have even made a single wish so far, but you have concluded that I am negative in my reasoning).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opposition Cannot Spoon-Feed The Government - ACN / . / Anglican Church Opposes Catholic-catholic Ticket In Enugu Guber Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.