Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Why Do We Begin Sentences With 'am' Instead Of 'I Am'? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Do We Begin Sentences With 'am' Instead Of 'I Am'? (817 Views)

Writing Game:- Continue The Story; 5 Sentences / Why Must You Use "Being" Instead Of Been In Sentences? / Rearrange These Jumbled Words To Make Meaningful Sentences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Begin Sentences With 'am' Instead Of 'I Am'? by longshanks23: 6:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
One might put it down to pronunciation, but it is so common for people, especially on NL to begin sentences with 'am' instead of 'I am':
'Am so grateful to God', 'Am very happy today'.
This is incorrect grammar and the abbreviation 'I'm' instead of 'am' is the right one to use.
Re: Why Do We Begin Sentences With 'am' Instead Of 'I Am'? by Elcapo(m): 7:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
Am i the right prsn to tell that ur post is angry embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do We Begin Sentences With 'am' Instead Of 'I Am'? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Correction noted by "to whom it may concern". Happy New Year.

(1) (Reply)

SHADE....A Poetry Of Struggle Between Humans And The Spirits / The Story Of A Begger / How To Create Pdf For My Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.