Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? (537 Views)

Reasons Why Northerners Hate GEJ / If You Hate GEJ Or Have Ever Cursed On Him (Anti-Gej).. Read This / Why Do Yorubas Hate GEJ So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? by obailala(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
GEJ has made history as the most loved and most hated Nigerian president ever. I don't think any Nigerian president can boast of the kind of fan base which GEJ has. However on the other hand, it appears that GEJ also has a rather large population of vocal haters more than any other Nigerian president.

People who love him do so for Some or all of the following reasons:
1. They feel he has performed greatly
2. He is from their tribe/zone/state/region
3. They feel he is a friend of their tribe/zone/state/region
4. They are tired of presidents of northern extraction
4. He is from a minority tribe and represents a change from the status-quo
5. He is gentle
6. He is being haunted by the powerful forces holding the country to ransom since independence

People who hate him do so for some or all of the following reasons:
1. He is not of their tribe/zone/state/region and RELIGION
2. He is weak and has not been able to assert full presidential authority after over 3 years
3. He is under-performing
4. Unlike past presidents who have at least paid lip service to the fight against corruption, GEJ has paid 'NO SERVICE' at all to this fight
5. His actions and inactions show that he is an avid supporter (and maybe a major stakeholder) of corruption

Most supporters/opponents of GEJ are usually reluctant to publicly state their reasons because it could come across as petty. As for me, I'm from the SE and I'm not pleased with the GEJ presidency because of his attitude to corruption..

A new year question for Nlanders, why do you love / hate GEJ??
Re: Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? by DollarmanAluta: 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
I hate him because he is clueless retardin. #gbam
Re: Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? by ijawcitizen(m): 3:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
Hypocrite; with a capital 'H'
Re: Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? by ratiken(m): 3:18pm On Jan 01, 2014
I used to hate GEJ like hell, I voted Buhari in 2011.
But it just occured to me one day that this guy is acheiving a whole lot within a short time in office and with very little or no propaganda despite the plenty distraction by the opposition.
Again, I observed the opposition and they comprise IBB, OBJ, Atiku, Tinubu who are the most corrupt heads Nigeria has produced and this same people are responsible for the decay and rot we have in the system. Then I also realised they did not change overnight to want to rescue Nigeria after they have messed it up. It now dawned on me that they are in the opposition because its not business as usual anymore under GEJ, the looting spree is over, they realised that they will be disgraced with current performance if sustained, they realised Nigerians would see ver soon what a sitting president can achieve in a given time frame, all of a sudden they realise their popularity and loots are threatened. As such, they have joined forces to make sure that does not happen but God pass them. Nigeria is heading to greatness, anyone in its path will be crushed.

So its GEJ for now until proven otherwise
Re: Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? by Mina98(f): 3:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
I don't hate GEJ and I don't don't like him either,he always his aid take control instead of him acting as the boss.
Re: Why Do You Love/hate GEJ?? by CaptJHMiller: 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2014
^
WTF is he achieving?
Don't bring those airports that will look like crap in the next 6-12 months or the rail of the days of Lord lugard, this week marks two years on, and we stil buying fuel for 97 buks, those responsible for stealing are living it large terrorists strole into our military barracks and take what ever they want.. and the list goes on...

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News- Oduah's Official Citation- (profile)- Before That Mba Is Removed- / Rivers Lawmakers Sit At Govt House, Pass N486bn Budget / U.S. Reduces Nigeria Surveillance Flights Seeking Abducted Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.