Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Travelling To India - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To India (9393 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling To India by Hourglass4real: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2014
Hello fellow Nairalanders, happy new year! Pls a friend of mine needs these information; which airline is best to patronize when travelling to India frm Nigeria? Any one with idea how much the ticket cost? Which airline will be affordable for someone low on cash? If anyone also got info on what to expect on arrival pls share... Or general info that someone visiting for the first time would need.
Thanks all... Humbly expecting ur responses cos its needd urgently
Re: Travelling To India by specialguest(f): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
I guess that "someone" travelling is you coz you seem abit nervous with your questions.

The cheapest airline I know of from Abj or Lagos to Delhi or mumbai is Ethiopia-n airlines. You can compare rates for all airlines on wakanow.com so as to determine the cheapest.
Secondly the farther your intended date of travel the cheaper the ticket.
General Info?
*carry your yellow fever card
*100 dollars is equivalent to 6000 plus rupees
*have a hotel reservation or the address of where you would be staying handy because immigration would ask.
*pay for a prepaid cab @ d airport to take you to your destination if no one is picking you up instead of the private taxi"s. Trust me, I know why.
*when you visit places like INA market, Select city walk, Sarojini Nagar and any other place our Nija brothers hang out please be careful and choose your friends wisely.
*Hotels in big cities like Delhi and mumbai are not so cheap.
*i know Indian girls are pretty but if you are a guy endeavour not to look at them twice else they would cry you raped them.
*indian food is spicy but not tasty so opt for mongolian/chinese alternatives.
*finally I hope you ain't planning on over staying your visa there coz Indian police are not smiling with illegal immigrants anymore.

Did I mention the Indians are just as corrupt as Some Nigerians? So be sure to watch your money closely, bargain for low prices when buying anything and count your change well.

Safe flight!
Re: Travelling To India by Hourglass4real: 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
specialguest: I guess that "someone" travelling is you coz you seem abit nervous with your questions.

The cheapest airline I know of from Abj or Lagos to Delhi or mumbai is Ethiopia-n airlines. You can compare rates for all airlines on wakanow.com so as to determine the cheapest.
Secondly the farther your intended date of travel the cheaper the ticket.
General Info?
*carry your yellow fever card
*100 dollars is equivalent to 600plus rupees
*have a hotel reservation or the address of where you would be staying handy because immigration would ask.
*pay for a prepaid cab @ d airport to take you to your destination if no one is picking you up instead of the private taxi"s. Trust me, I know why.
*when you visit places like INA market, Select city walk, Sarojini Nagar and any other place our Nija brothers hang out please be careful and choose your friends wisely.
*Hotels in big cities like Delhi and mumbai are not so cheap.
*i know Indian girls are pretty but if you are a guy endeavour not to look at them twice else they would cry you raped them.
*indian food is spicy but not tasty so opt for mongolian/chinese alternatives.
*finally I hope you ain't planning on over staying your visa there coz Indian police are not smiling with illegal immigrants anymore.

Did I mention the Indians are just as corrupt as Some Nigerians? So be sure to watch your money closely, bargain for low prices when buying anything and count your change well.

Safe flight!
Lol@me being that "someone". Thanks so much for ur contribution, I guess u live in india by how insightful nd informative ur contribution ws. It wil al com handy vry soon,I do appreciate. Guys, pls keep it coming... Ur contribution is highly needd and welcomed.
Re: Travelling To India by Hourglass4real: 10:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Fellow Nairalanders, pls... More contributions,suggestions, any information u dim useful wil be appreciated especially concerning flights that ply Indian route... One dat u wld suggest or prefer to use.
Thanks all...I appreciate
Re: Travelling To India by Davidoff2000: 10:04am On Jan 04, 2014
cheapest airline is emirates..u can check tripadvisor..emirates flies from lagos and if ur travel date is like a month ahead, u can get a ticket for 1000american. ethiopian fles from abuja but its pricey- about 230k if ur trip is like a month ahead compared emirates 160k. emirates is better cos better food, shorter layover in dubai (layover in adis for ethiopian is almost 7hrs while the 9.20 from lagos on emirates layover is 4hrs)

ethiopian will take you cross continental on the the cramped 737 while emirates will fly you all d way wit the tripple7..believe you me, aircrafts matter especially since you are flying economy and its a damn long distance- about 12,000km.

in india, if you knw to jump metro, take it..its cheaper- 150rupees round trip or atleats to to the city centre- rajiv chowk. thats d centre of delhi...taxi is 3k rupees about 9k so decide.

you hav nothin to fear from nigerians- dont let anybody deceive you. they will talk to u if they see you are Nigerian, but thats just about it, its left to u to decide to befriend them if so wish. if you wish to meet nigerians, go to afrivan clubs- spasso at select city walk saket, quantum in noida, attitude and stay alive in gurgaon.

if you want cheap things that approximate at quality, try the INA market, palika bazaar gafar market.

stay out of trouble and stay away from indian girls- they wont talk to u, much lesss shhagg u
Re: Travelling To India by Hourglass4real: 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
Davidoff2000: cheapest airline is emirates..u can check tripadvisor..emirates flies from lagos and if ur travel date is like a month ahead, u can get a ticket for 1000american. ethiopian fles from abuja but its pricey- about 230k if ur trip is like a month ahead compared emirates 160k. emirates is better cos better food, shorter layover in dubai (layover in adis for ethiopian is almost 7hrs while the 9.20 from lagos on emirates layover is 4hrs)

ethiopian will take you cross continental on the the cramped 737 while emirates will fly you all d way wit the tripple7..believe you me, aircrafts matter especially since you are flying economy and its a damn long distance- about 12,000km.

in india, if you knw to jump metro, take it..its cheaper- 150rupees round trip or atleats to to the city centre- rajiv chowk. thats d centre of delhi...taxi is 3k rupees about 9k so decide.

you hav nothin to fear from nigerians- dont let anybody deceive you. they will talk to u if they see you are Nigerian, but thats just about it, its left to u to decide to befriend them if so wish. if you wish to meet nigerians, go to afrivan clubs- spasso at select city walk saket, quantum in noida, attitude and stay alive in gurgaon.

if you want cheap things that approximate at quality, try the INA market, palika bazaar gafar market.

stay out of trouble and stay away from indian girls- they wont talk to u, much lesss shhagg u
I can't thank u enough@ David, u and Specialguest hav really made my day. All ur advices will be taken to heart. Hav also noticed d warning abt them Indian gurls. Lol. It will be wise to take dis warning seriously,seems they r trouble...will definitly do as u said. A problem shared as they say; is half solved. Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To India by prupru(m): 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
i am planning going to india chennai to stay for two weeks. Pls house which flight is cheaper and where are hotel cheaper

(1) (Reply)

FG Moves To Reopen Abuja-Kaduna Train Service, No Money Paid For Victims / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Always Discourage People From Traveling? / Estonia, The Hidden Gem Of Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.