Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job (1523 Views)

Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by Arialbold: 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
scipher:
Lagosians in those areas I highlighted are living like animals. The landlords collect money and do little or not maintenance on the structure. I was on the heli. and the view of that vicinity (shomolu) was eye-sore.. Roofing won't cost this dudes much. He fashola, has not tried that model and he doesn't even care. He's trying for the state cannot dispute that, but he ignores little things that actually drives development.

I don't understand your point. This doesn't sound like Fashola's job to me. Maybe a local government area (LGA) affair.
Shomolu Local Government should be the one overseeing that and it is people like you who should bring the case up to the local government. schedule an appointment with a leader in the LGA and discuss your view with them. if you want all landlords to be required to changed their roofs? you can create a non-profit or awareness group where you consult with the landlords as well.
I agree that it is these little things that drive development and that is why I believe that we citizens are the ones who are responsible for the way our country is. Do we really expect Fashola to be working on such petty things?

In my area where I live, we have TONS of non-profit organizations that do all kinds of work from tutoring students after school to helping support local businesses to feeding the poor to helping unemployed look for jobs to giving free medical check ups. it is endless. Govt is not involved. Just regular citizens who started the organizations and they get grants from businesses and private charities.

a good one in naija will be churches. create a non-profit and affiliate it with RCCG. that church is already collecting so much taxes offering from lagosians that it should be doing things to help develop the city.
We rely on govt too much for things we should be able to do for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by bombay: 12:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
R U 4 REAL BROFF
Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by bombay: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
Fashola is corrupt shocked

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
Arial.bold:

I don't understand your point. This doesn't sound like Fashola's job to me. Maybe a local government area (LGA) affair.
Shomolu Local Government should be the one overseeing that and it is people like you who should bring the case up to the local government. schedule an appointment with a leader in the LGA and discuss your view with them. if you want all landlords to be required to changed their roofs? you can create a non-profit or awareness group where you consult with the landlords as well.
I agree that it is these little things that drive development and that is why I believe that we citizens are the ones who are responsible for the way our country is. Do we really expect Fashola to be working on such petty things?
dude, seriously?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by Arialbold: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
scipher: dude, seriously?

yea I know it is non-functional but that's what I mean.local governments need to be in charge of stuff like that relating to landlords.
Lagos has 5million people for chrissake!! You really expect Fashola to become phsically involved in getting shomolu landlords to re-roof their houses?

the city/town I live in (USA) has about 300,000 people and yet the mayor is not even involved in petty stuff like that. It is an extremely developed place and I don't even know the mayor's name (equivalent of a Local govt chairman) talkless of the governor's name.
I don't understand why we expect fashola to be some kind of god or magician. Shomolu issues should be addressed to shomolu local government.

Don't you vote for your local government leaders?
Where I live, you vote for the local government or city leaders (mayors) and they are usually the ones in charge of zoning, housing and stuff like that. They are very accessible and you can schedule an appointment if you have concerns.
the traffic light on the way to my work place wasn't working and so I called the local government's public works office and they handled it. THe state governor is no way involved in all of this petty stuff.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
Arial.bold:

yea I know it is non-functional but that's what I mean.local governments need to be in charge of stuff like that relating to landlords.
Lagos has 5million people for chrissake!! You really expect Fashola to become phsically involved in getting shomolu landlords to re-roof their houses?

the city/town I live in (USA) has about 300,000 people and yet the mayor is not even involved in petty stuff like that. It is an extremely developed place and I don't even know the mayor's name (equivalent of a Local govt chairman) talkless of the governor's name.
I don't understand why we expect fashola to be some kind of god or magician. Shomolu issues should be addressed to shomolu local government.

Don't you vote for your local government leaders?
Where I live, you vote for the local government or city leaders (mayors) and they are usually the ones in charge of zoning, housing and stuff like that. They are very accessible and you can schedule an appointment if you have concerns.
the traffic light on the way to my work place wasn't working and so I called the local government's public works office and they handled it. THe state governor is no way involved in all of this petty stuff.
you don't reason like an exposed individual perhaps, you have a clue about government / governance ..
Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by Horus(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2014
slim fit :

Whether it is private or not it is a big waste of resources. There are lands available to use. You cannot fight with nature not in Nigeria anyway.

Big waste of resources?, for who?.
Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by Horus(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
scipher: you completely ruled out the government.. Wow... smh

There is no funds from the government in the Eko Atlantic city project, PERIOD!.
Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by Arialbold: 1:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
scipher:
you don't reason like an exposed individual perhaps, you have no clue about government / governance ..

I live in the USA so I know about American government and governance.
The state, led by the governor, is divided into counties/cities/villages (these are the local governments) lead by a mayor. The city (a bigger local government) is divided into wards which is led by council members. All these leaders are elected by the people.

the state governor focuses on the big issues like state budgets, bringing a railway to the state or building a large state stadium etc. the city mayor concerns itself with its schools, police, waste collection and other local government institutions, the council members are in charge of the neighborhood stuff like residential and commercial zoning,. all these tasks are delegated.
there is no need for a whole state governor to be involved in petty landlord roofing issues.

99% of people don't even know the name of their local government chairman. In USA, it is the opposite. the local govt leader is just as popular (if not more popular ) as the governor. the local govt is very important because it is the most accessible part of govt. State govt is often inaccessible to the common citizen except to big business owners. Kinda like Nairaland. Moderators are your main point of contact. They are the ones who do most of the work of maintaining the website. but if you have an ad to buy or you are a business owner, then Seun might listen to you

also, anybody. I repeat, anybody can participate in local government politics. the city or town hall is open to the public, you can get involved in many ways. you may even volunteer with non-profit organizations that are unaffiliated with the govt. it is a lot of work and responsibility though. You are working for free most of the time. (hmm NL moderator position comes to mind again cheesy) but there are tons of people who participate as volunteers, hired staff or even elected officials. it's all about active citizenship to make the town/city, state, country a better place.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by agbameta: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2014
PapaBrowne:

You are absolutely right. A very brilliant administrator. I do love his attitude, commitment and desire to make things better.

But the big question is: Has he performed in equation to the amount of money that has been available at his disposal or has he harnessed the huge opportunity that Lagos presents? The answer is a big no. For a state that has most of its infrastructure already built up, you would have taught that after 6 + years in government, the state would be awash with world class infrastructure left right and centre but all we talk about is a link bridge in Ikoyi. Every other mega project is less than 30% complete or still on paper. LFTZ, Light Rail, LekkiAirport, Fourth Mainland bridge, Lekki Epe expressway, and the list is endless. Just a couple inner city roads done and nothing more. Fashola by himself knows that he did not meet even his own expectations.

IGR = 20 BILLION X 12 = 240

Allocations = 10 billion x 12 = 120

240 + 120 = 360 billion

Budget = 499 billion

499 billion - 360 billion = 139 billion

Meaning they have to borrow 139 billion just to keep up and provide for 20 million people.

You can start by educating yourself per what the state collects and generates against the actual budget they operate with.

Allocation and IGR is measly 360 billion for 20 million people while many states like Akwa Ibom and Rivers not only collects way way more, they budget more money than Lagos.

Akwa Ibom alone with just 5 million people budgets over 500 billion so your question really should be with what Lagos state and all the folks they have to cater for and what they've been able to deliver, what are states like Akwa Ibom doing with more money than Lagos and still not anywhere close to Lagos in terms of service and infrastructure delivery?

We love Ikoyi link bridge because it's not only the best bridge in West Africa, it was built in less than 4 years while even the FG is still struggling to come up with 2nd Niger bridge 30 years and counting.

Saying all you here is Ikoyi bridge is a reflection of your own ignorance and disingenuous character because we post nearly everyday his projects and commissioning on NR, more than any government in the history of Nigeria.

We've posted power plants

More schools than any government in Nigeria. 13,000 new classrooms

More roads than any government in Nigeria and even west Africa

Power plants

More housing estates than any government in the history of Nigeria

Bridges

Hospitals and health centers. public Paediatric as well as Health and Diagnostic Centres, a Cardiac and Renal Centre, Trauma and Burns Centre and the construction of Maternal and Child Health Complexes across the state.

The best Cardiac and renal hospital in Nigeria is under consruction

He's constructing the best express way in Nigeria with 10 lanes with metro and BRT access

He built 15 water works, more than any government in Nigeria

He built 17 skills centers, more than any government in the history of Nigeria

He built drivers institute all over the state

He built Rice mills

Cassava mills

N30 Billion Ikorodu Road is under construction after decades of federal neglect

Successful Bus Rapid Transit System (BRT) system – the first in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Largest modern integrated solid waste management system in West Africa.

He built the best Agric institute and settlement in Nigeria

The aerial digital mapping of Lagos State through Geographic Information System (GIS). While your FG is still struggling to build one

Only government in Nigeria currently installing under ground power cable system in Nigeria.

He runs the best and the most productive agencies in Nigeria

Lagos state is the only government in Nigeria with the most ground breaking and ambitious projects on the table in Nigeria.

The list is almost endless...

I still don't know why you lazy bigots don't focus on your worthless villages and unproductive governors.
Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by geeez: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Anyone that says BRF isn't doing a good job either doesn't live in Lagos or is just plain mischievous

The Lagos-Badagry Expressway alone should make anyone marvel

This is not to add the thousands of kilometers of roads rehabilitated

There are several thousands of housing units he's built

His demeanor alone is world class and no Nigerian administrator can match his skills in any way

The Lekki Airport is on course and so is the Fourth Mainland but even if he doesn't complete it, he would have done a substantial part of what is required to finish the job
Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by IleIfe2(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
Arial.bold:

the fact that you think it is all about money is very stupid. Even European and American businessmen come to Nigeria with all their money and they cannot achieve anything because of the extreme corruption and incompetence of Nigerians. they take their money and go to other places like China. So it's not all about money. Nigeria is awash in oil money but money by itself is not what creates development. You actually need PEOPLE to be invested in the development as well.

Your mentality about governance is akin to how a communist Russian would think.
Is it state government that is in charge of suburban development? shouldn't that be private business? the government's role is to regulate the development. Private businesses create it and government regulates it.

Even the highway system was built in large part due to the pressure coming from the private automobile industry. Highways and roads were built because the car companies pressured and lobbied the government to build it.

Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by bombay: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
Fashola is corrupt gbam shocked
Re: Fashola Is Doing An Amazing Job by bombay: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
fashola tinubu bum boy grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

10-year-old Girl Found Wearing Explosive Device Apparatus In Katsina / Tribune To OBJ: Seems You’ve Reconciled With Jonathan? OBJ: (you’re Not Well) / HOT: GEJ With Alleged Boko Haram Financier, Ali Modu Sheriff In Chad Yesterday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.