Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football (48582 Views)

Nigeria, Hope Of African Football / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief / Why Does The West Dominate African Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by striker9(m): 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
blueto: . I tink Y mikel did not win BBC was that: some nigerians divided. Some were voting 4 mikel, others Moses. Ivorians voted 4 only Yaya. That made Yaya's vote to be more in number
Many sick Nigerians like the op voted for Yaya.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by heykims(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
striker9: Many sick Nigerians like the op voted for Yaya.
Plz wats d meaning of op sef?
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by SkySpirit(m): 11:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
heykims: I'm just amazed why ppl re this much sentimental, its an obvious fact wch requires no lengthy debate. Im sure those dt av commented in favour of Obi so far re just tribalist who re not just Nigerians but hails from d same geographical zone wt d overhyped chelsea player. I pray d plague of tribal sentiment doesnt ruin Africa.
I just hope CAF doesnt mock Africa come Jan 9.

U really sound like an illiterate, I don't share ur views simply because am a Nigerian and not because of any ethnic inclinations. I think ur just the very Tribalist here. If u don't like Mikel due to his tribe then ur mistaken or simply go and die like gov Osho would say!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by dn4all(m): 12:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Gud day Every One,
I really think we should show some respect in talking with 1 another. Don't bring those street habit here, cos foreigner and other international journalist are also reading ur messages.
Pls Sir/Ma Mikel Obi, may be a bench warmer in Europe? Pls is dis award for Europe or Africa? It is called Africa footballer Award. If it is given to him, no problem, at least I have watch him play good football both in Europe n Africa. A true son of his mother can never say his mom soup is not sweet.
Value wat we have and forget yaya n co, if yaya is good in Europe, then he should receive his award there... Thanks and Don't forget to tell som1 abt Jesus today... Takie

1 Like

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by bizibrain(m): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2014
omar22:

Who told you CAF uses the EPL?

Do you know how the winners is been picked if I may ask?
Can u explain hw drogba made d top 3 if d yardstick is base on country performance excluding club performance.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by sunkieisland(m): 12:17am On Jan 05, 2014
obviously you are an anti chelsea person and definitely not a patriotic Nigerian.

You and Mikel get beef?
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by omar22(m): 1:25am On Jan 05, 2014
striker9: Many sick Nigerians like the op voted for Yaya.

The BBC award was opened to everyone on the globe to vote, Most man city fans voted to support their player because the link was in the Man City website, most Chelsea fans didn't vote for Mikel because they felt in different about him
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by omar22(m): 1:27am On Jan 05, 2014
bizibrain: Can u explain hw drogba made d top 3 if d yardstick is base on country performance excluding club performance.

In the last 12 months Drogba didnt play in the EPL, he Joined Galatasary back in January 2013
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by Keluong(m): 6:45am On Jan 05, 2014
Are you nigerians so bias that you are not even shameful? Whàt do you value africa as? Just imagine mikel telling his chelsea players that he just collected the afoy award. Of what value and prestige is the trophy. Mikel is useless. deal with it. Yaya benches every midfielder that comes to his position, while mikel is rotating with a 35 year old lampard. Imagine mikel in mancity. Yaya will bench him, thàt he will be relegated to only cup matches. Mikel and yaya are not mates in football.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by SMUSHISO: 7:34am On Jan 05, 2014
Na wa Oooo, so bible wrong as it says " whatever u find urself doing, do it well" I guess in ur own said profession u lack in dat aspect, cos our own mikel does his job well on d pitch, plays to instruction of his managers. And u sit there questioning his ability as a player. Abeg no let me vex Ooooo today na first sunday. If na u b mikel how u go feel sef. Haba!
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by heykims(m): 7:40am On Jan 05, 2014
Keluong: Are you nigerians so bias that you are not even shameful? Whàt do you value africa as? Just imagine mikel telling his chelsea players that he just collected the afoy award. Of what value and prestige is the trophy. Mikel is useless. deal with it. Yaya benches every midfielder that comes to his position, while mikel is rotating with a 35 year old lampard. Imagine mikel in mancity. Yaya will bench him, thàt he will be relegated to only cup matches. Mikel and yaya are not mates in football.
When Mikel gets to Chelsea nd tells dem he's d AFOY, guys like Ramirez would be like "If I were African, father xmas awards go sure pass year in, year out".
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by safarigirl(f): 7:41am On Jan 05, 2014
Keluong: Are you nigerians so bias that you are not even shameful? Whàt do you value africa as? Just imagine mikel telling his chelsea players that he just collected the afoy award. Of what value and prestige is the trophy. Mikel is useless. deal with it. Yaya benches every midfielder that comes to his position, while mikel is rotating with a 35 year old lampard. Imagine mikel in mancity. Yaya will bench him, thàt he will be relegated to only cup matches. Mikel and yaya are not mates in football.
my friend if you have nothing sensible to say, be quiet. Who told you Lampard benches Mikel? Didn't you read the last 18 pages that clearly stated that Mourinho ROTATES players? Even the Lampard dey chop bench. What will Chelsea players say if Mikel wins it? Who gives 2 fuqs what they'll say? Instead of you to ask why them Frenchies omitted Enyeama for grandpa Drogba, you're here forming 'unbiased'. Wasn't it bias that made Drogba reach top 3 over Enyeama? The only thing correct in this jargons you posted is that Yaya and Mikel are not mates in football, Yaya is much older than Mikel and still hasn't achieved anything in football for CIV, like a man that spends all his life building mansions in the city, but doesn't have even a mud house in his village.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by heykims(m): 7:49am On Jan 05, 2014
SMUSHISO: Na wa Oooo, so bible wrong as it says " whatever u find urself doing, do it well" I guess in ur own said profession u lack in dat aspect, cos our own mikel does his job well on d pitch, plays to instruction of his managers. And u sit there questioning his ability as a player. Abeg no let me vex Ooooo today na first sunday. If na u b mikel how u go feel sef. Haba!
His managers are aware of his limited skills nd versatitility, so they re always careful wen passing him instructions I guess.
Abi no be d same set of managers dey pass instructions to his other colleagues?
No wonder many of them put him on d sideline thanks to Mourinho for giving him a spare of play time.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by Yemimovich(m): 7:49am On Jan 05, 2014
You are primitive and miopic. Does any sport award judge by present performance or previous performances. Mikel deserves it,if he's crowned and stop being an irrational critic.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by striker9(m): 8:03am On Jan 05, 2014
heykims:
His managers are aware of his limited skills nd versatitility, so they re always careful wen passing him instructions I guess.
Abi no be d same set of managers dey pass instructions to his other colleagues?
No wonder many of them put him on d sideline thanks to Mourinho for giving him a spare of play time.
Quit hating,it will get you nowhere.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by bizibrain(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2014
Quite alright yaya is better dan mikel, but dis award is Africa player of d year and nt world player of d year frm africa, d yardstick is base on performance 4 country/africa.

Y cant dis yaya fans ask demselve Y ribery got d europe award over messi, does dat means ribery is better dan messi? NO.

He got d award because he outplayed messi in uefa CL nd even stop him frm proceding 2 final, similar 2 hw mikel stop yaya.

Yaya is better dan mikel but mikel merit d award dan yaya 4 his performance in africa just like ribery/messi.

Its a shame if d award is given 2 yaya because its encourage unpatriotism 2 once beloveth country, many player like victor anichebe will prefer 2 boost club performance rather dan waste tym on country play.

The most annoying tin is dat old man called drogba made d list above emenike/enyeama.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:40am On Jan 05, 2014
blueto: . I tink Y mikel did not win BBC was that: Nigerians were divided. Some were voting 4 mikel, others Moses. Ivorians voted 4 only Yaya. That made Yaya's vote to be more in number

Also some Nigerian haters, because of their tribal hatred for Mikel voted Yaya.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:01am On Jan 05, 2014
heykims:
Original Poster ie the author of the article is actually the first/original poster.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2014
striker9: Everyone knows Enyeama outshone Yaya both in trophies and individually.
Afcon trophy
Israel league
Best Goal keeper [Afcon]
11 consecutive clean sheets with Lille
Best French Player [October and November]

If Enyeama could outshine Ibrahimovic,Cavani and Falcao for French player of the month twice,who the hell is Drogba and Yaya combined?even with there combination at Afcon,they didn't do jack.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by heykims(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt:
Original Poster ie the author of the article is actually the first/original poster.
ur head dey there jare...
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by omar22(m): 11:01am On Jan 05, 2014
bizibrain: Quite alright yaya is better dan mikel, but dis award is Africa player of d year and nt world player of d year frm africa, d yardstick is base on performance 4 country/africa.

And who told you that?
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by safarigirl(f): 11:07am On Jan 05, 2014
omar22:

And who told you that?
that is how it ought to be, and even if the yardstick was performance for club, Enyeama and Emenike ought to make top 3 over Drogba. So Mr. CAF spokesperson, what is the criteria that made your people put Drogba over Enyeama/Emenike?

1 Like

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by adediamond07(m): 11:15am On Jan 05, 2014
This country of ours is surely sick from the infection of ill-bred citizen.
Cheat their fellow countrymen, nothing do you. Favour their fellow brethren, he doesn't deserve it.
What a people!!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by striker9(m): 11:31am On Jan 05, 2014
heykims:
lmao
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by striker9(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2014
safarigirl: that is how it ought to be, and even if the yardstick was performance for club, Enyeama and Emenike ought to make top 3 over Drogba. So Mr. CAF spokesperson, what is the criteria that made your people put Drogba over Enyeama/Emenike?
I have asked them Caf spokesmen on this thread to please tell us on what criteria is Drogba picked ahead of Enyeama,but they keep beating around the bush like the early man.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by heykims(m): 11:44am On Jan 05, 2014
striker9: lmao
Wetin hapun, u contract rabies?
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by striker9(m): 11:47am On Jan 05, 2014
heykims:
Wetin hapun, u contract rabies?
Contract ko,certificate ni.You are sick,keep hating,miserable mofo.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by Habiola94: 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bt that's Okay nw, sheay u want him 2 play evry match ni,*Haba*
naija noni:
Hmmn U've probably been watchin d back of ur t.v.

In chelsea's last 10 matches in all competitions,mikel started 4rm d bench thrice,Was in the starting XI seven times.
You can use any football site to confirm that.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by striker9(m): 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
I thought he was a bench warmer,to a captain and a goal scorer,na wa o.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by Ceorhemz(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
Do you know that Mikel has won more trophies than Yaya for both club and country? Do you know Mikel has been relevant under 8 different chelsea manager. And he had his 300th cap today for chelsea. Back to the award.
Its african footbaler of the year 2013. Yaya might be better than Mikel but Mikel had a better 2013 than Yaya. Firstly, yaya won nothing but mikel won two trophies for club and country
secondaly, Mikel was instrumental to Nigerian's triumph in Afcon where yaya's cote d'vr was knocked out. Isnt song, ayew, keita and gervinho better than Musa or Aubemayang, yet they didnt make the top ten because musa played better than them in 2013. Just as ibra is a better player than ribery but Ribery made the top3 for his efforts IN 2013. So it is performance for the year for both club and country and its not an embarasment if Mikel should win it. But my question is why are Nigerians not suporting Mikel? TENI TENI, TAKISA NI TATAN.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by heykims(m): 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
striker9: I thought he was a bench warmer,to a captain and a goal scorer,na wa o.
Why not? A bench warmer can cap a team, it happens.
And d fact dt a prospective AFOY scores a goal in Europe nd it makes headline around d globe is a shame in paradox for Africa.
Abi who expects d 'AFOY' to find d back of d net?
AFOY my foot.
Re: Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football by striker9(m): 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
heykims:
Why not? A bench warmer can cap a team, it happens.
And d fact dt a prospective AFOY scores a goal in Europe nd it makes headline around d globe is a shame in paradox for Africa.
Abi who expects d 'AFOY' to find d back of d net?
AFOY my foot.
This hatred in you is hereditary,DNA things,lmao!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Amara And Kanu Nwankwo Kiss In Fitness Photo / Cristiano Ronaldo Drips Hard As He Arrives In Style To Boxing Match (Pix, Video) / Neymar Scores Stunning Bicycle Kick Goal On Return From Injury (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.