Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,769 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) (5229 Views)

Pastor Catches Wife In Hotel With Choirmaster / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 03, 2014
This Shii's Scary. embarassed * cry
coogar:

but this is an open secret in america now.....did you guys miss this back in the days?

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2008/08/nigerian-men-are-killing-their-wives-in.html?m=1
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by mysticgal(f): 7:52am On Jan 03, 2014
idunno but i think i know one of them embarassed
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by mysticgal(f): 7:55am On Jan 03, 2014
lorretta u: This Shii's Scary. embarassed * cry
really creepy btw your profile on twitter is similar to mine,just wanted to say me likey your wedding gown kiss
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 03, 2014
Wow Loretta is that you on your profile
What a beautiful girl you are
Nne I di nma

1 Like

Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks babe. smiley
Been planning to create a thread on my wedding tho
I been too lazy to do that.
Maybe next tomorrow. Lol.
mysticgal:
really creepy btw your profile on twitter is similar to mine,just wanted to say me likey your wedding gown kiss

1 Like

Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 03, 2014
lorretta u: Any reason why nurses are being killed?
shocked

This is the reason lorretta. I don't know much about how it's done in the east coast(where this dastardly act happened) but over here in the west coast (los amgeles) a lot of Nigerian men see the women here as no wife material(which is a blatant lie) and decide to go "home" to marry. This is especially done among our people (igbo). Some of them are picked from the village, and they find themselves in America. Many of their husbands sponsor them through nursing school (in some cases, they start from LPN, others start from CNA) When the wife starts making money, she starts misbehaving(freedom she is not used to) clubbing overnight, e.t.c. Abandoning wifely responsibility. This is where the problem begins... Many of the men expect the women to work and still take care of the chores and children which is wrong, and the woman becomes stubborn, exhausted and rude,e.t.c. Conflict after conflict, and in some extreme cases, the woman is killed(babaric act) In the case of divorce, the California state law advocates 50/50 split of their assets in the abscence of a pre nup and an Igbo man cannot come to terms with this reality. This nonesense must stop! Marry a friend not a stranger, someone you've known. Run away from match making or arranged marriage. Good day lorretta
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 03, 2014
Now I'm blushing red grin
Baby mama: Wow Loretta is that you on your profile
What a beautiful girl you are
Nne I di nma
thanks
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks.
Thought as much. I remember I said something like that in one of my threads. All these naija men who come back home to marry complete strangers should be careful.

And our ladies need to be more careful too.

Good day to you too.
PocketEconomist: This is the reason lorretta. I don't know much about how it's done in the east coast(where this dastardly act happened) but over here in the west coast (los amgeles) a lot of Nigerian men see the women here as no wife material(which is a blatant lie) and decide to go "home" to marry. This is especially done among our people (igbo). Some of them are picked from the village, and they find themselves in America. Many of their husbands sponsor them through nursing school (in some cases, they start from LPN, others start from CNA) When the wife starts making money, she starts misbehaving(freedom she is not used to) clubbing overnight, e.t.c. Abandoning wifely responsibility. This is where the problem begins... Many of the men expect the women to work and still take care of the chores and children which is wrong, and the woman becomes stubborn, exhausted and rude,e.t.c. Conflict after conflict, and in some extreme cases, the woman is killed(babaric act) In the case of divorce, the California state law advocates 50/50 split of their assets in the abscence of a pre nup and an Igbo man cannot come to terms with this reality. This nonesense must stop! Marry a friend not a stranger, someone you've known. Run away from match making or arranged marriage. Good day lorretta
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 03, 2014
ypepe: Some peeps r deliberately avoiding this thread. They should come and give us the logical conclusion on what the woman did to hv warranted this.
If its a man that a woman killed now, adrenaline will be surging really high. All the lindas and dante and what hv u will start surfacing!

Maybe my post will attract them.
Since they know it all, they should come and explain to us why a sane man killed a pregnant woman.

Rip dear lady and unborn baby.
grin grin
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 03, 2014
If they are too much like this in America where the law works, i wonder how many they will arrest in Nigeria yearly killing their wives.

Might be in thousands.
Even those slaps and beats that render the women useless.

God forbid!
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 03, 2014
lorretta u: Thanks.
Thought as much. I remember I said something like that in one of my threads. All these naija men who come back home to marry complete strangers should be careful.

And our ladies need to be more careful too.

Good day to you too.
Thank you. You need to see how families here are breaking up... Igbo women following akata way of life, and the men exhibiting crude behaviour. I give them long gap o! All these things boils down to inferiority complex(wanting to show yourself) Contrary to media speculations, i know that black marriages have a higher risk of ending in divorce than other ethnicities. Most of the white folks i know still have their marriages intact(na wetin i observe o) black america is in crisis and Nigerian families too have joined them. So sad.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Amhappy(f): 10:13am On Jan 03, 2014
I already knew that the high preference of nurses by men abroad is all about money. Most times they dont ask for a good girl for a wife but choose any lady in as much she is a nurse. @ Pocketeconomics Thanks for the enlightenment. I have heard the case of a nurse whose husband refused to work and uses her as money making machine but i didnt know it was this bad. I will advice my little sis accordingly.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Sad indeed sad sad
PocketEconomist: Thank you. You need to see how families here are breaking up... Igbo women following akata way of life, and the men exhibiting crude behaviour. I give them long gap o! All these things boils down to inferiority complex(wanting to show yourself) Contrary to media speculations, i know that black marriages have a higher risk of ending in divorce than other ethnicities. Most of the white folks i know still have their marriages intact(na wetin i observe o) black america is in crisis and Nigerian families too have joined them. So sad.
Amhappy: I already knew that the high preference of nurses by men abroad is all about money. Most times they dont ask for a good girl for a wife but choose any lady in as much she is a nurse. @ Pocketeconomics Thanks for the enlightenment. I have heard the case of a nurse whose husband refused to work and uses her as money making machine but i didnt know it was this bad. I will advice my little sis accordingly.
Amhappy: I already knew that the high preference of nurses by men abroad is all about money. Most times they dont ask for a good girl for a wife but choose any lady in as much she is a nurse. @ Pocketeconomics Thanks for the enlightenment. I have heard the case of a nurse whose husband refused to work and uses her as money making machine but i didnt know it was this bad. I will advice my little sis accordingly.
you mean a MAN actually refused to work? That's so twisted.
I've always loved the medical line. I studied biotech and genetics here in Naija and I'd love to switch to nursing just like my mom and sister.
That's why it seems I'm so curious about this.
Too bad if the profession is driving families apart.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2014
Yes o my brother, it is that bad. They would say afterall i brought you from the bush so you have to work. That's why i avoid most Nigerians in the US like a plague, they behave anyhow. If you see a woman that you love over here and she respects you and does not belittle you, Two words, marry her. I always advocate againrt going to nigeria to marry but they won't listen. Except you knew the woman from childhood, flee! Good day my brother. P.s. This is just by the wayside, i've got a friend(yoruba) who has a hispanic fianceƩ . He told me that what made him decide to marry her was that at one point, they had a conversation and he said without much seriousness that customarily, a wife kneels to greet her husband in the morning(i'm not yoruba so i don't know) the next time he visited, she knelt by his feet and greeted "eku aro" with an atrocious accenttongue cheesy (she searched for the yoruba word for good morning) He was astonished! Just decided to share this.

1 Like

Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by pickabeau1: 11:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Tragic..May the departed RIP

People kill people everywhere.

Let's not make it a particular country thing

Just in the same US we have murderers like Gary Lee Bullock who killed his priest or Karl Pierson who shoot his school mate in arapahoe, colorado

We have charlie manson n several serial murderers n r#pists who are of other races
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by ladygogo: 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2014
na wa o! Why are some people so violent?
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by TyLannister: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
I'm missing something here though. I don't see any suggestion of guilt on the husband's part. Typically, the first suspect in a suspicious death in the West is the spouse. That he was arrested does not necessarily mean that he did the deed.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ty Lannister: I'm missing something here though. I don't see any suggestion of guilt on the husband's part. Typically, the first suspect in a suspicious death in the West is the spouse. That he was arrested does not necessarily mean that he did the deed.

Yes he was arrested and charged with murder for the fun of it
You think the USA is Naija
The issue is now is whether 1st or second degree
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by TyLannister: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
Baby mama:

Yes he was arrested and charged with murder for the fun of it
You think the USA is Naija
The issue is now is whether 1st or second degree
Ma'am, I'm not saying he isn't guilty. I'm just saying that the first person of interest is always the spouse in cases like this in the West. And if the initial evidence points to the spouse, they get arrested even if they aren't necessarily guilty.

I don't think it is fair to pronounce someone guilty until they've had a chance to clear themselves, don't you?
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by GHANAOGA: 5:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
PocketEconomist: Yes o my brother, it is that bad. They would say afterall i brought you from the bush so you have to work. That's why i avoid most Nigerians in the US like a plague, they behave anyhow. If you see a woman that you love over here and she respects you and does not belittle you, Two words, marry her. I always advocate againrt going to nigeria to marry but they won't listen. Except you knew the woman from childhood, flee! Good day my brother. P.s. This is just by the wayside, i've got a friend(yoruba) who has a hispanic fianceƩ . He told me that what made him decide to marry her was that at one point, they had a conversation and he said without much seriousness that customarily, a wife kneels to greet her husband in the morning(i'm not yoruba so i don't know) the next time he visited, she knelt by his feet and greeted "eku aro" with an atrocious accenttongue cheesy (she searched for the yoruba word for good morning) He was astonished! Just decided to share this.

Your argument is not logical!
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by ladygogo: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
@loretta-U u be fine chica oh. daz all. See followers. grin grin
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by kkjoy(f): 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2014
my mother will say.... GO AND BEG YOUR HUSBAND AND RETURN TO YOUR HOME,IT IS A DIFFERENT TIN IF YOU DIE.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by mysticgal(f): 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
ok lemme say the truth,my uncle*my dads elder brother*had same issue been disscussed here but he did not kill the lady,so when the court gave almost everything and 3 children to his wife,my uncle don nearly mad if not for God grin
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
smiley smiley thanks
lady gogo: @loretta-U u be fine chica oh. daz all. See followers. grin grin
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
GHANA OGA:

Your argument is not logical!
It may sound illogical, but my point is that to just pick a woman and marry because your relatives or friends say she is a good girl is VERY RISKY. I'vd seen time and time again how these "decent women" destroy these men. It is my experience and observation that prompted this conclusion.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
Chillisauce: If they are too much like this in America where the law works, i wonder how many they will arrest in Nigeria yearly killing their wives.

Might be in thousands.
Even those slaps and beats that render the women useless.

God forbid!
Actually, those 'slaps and beats' negate the 'need' to murder.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 04, 2014
fresh_dude: Actually, those 'slaps and beats' negate the 'need' to murder.
cheesy
And they end up dying few yrs later due to it's accumulation.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by shizzle11(m): 6:21am On Jan 04, 2014
But some ladies are the reasons for such tragic ends that befall them. I'm not saying the actions of these men are justified but take an example from one the killers case in the link posted by coogar.

A man marries a pauper from the village, brushes her up, sponsors her to school, she gets one degree, then a second degree, she qualifies and gets a good(nursing) job, begins to make some cool money, and then after a while...

the demon in her is let loose
she becomes arrogant, rude, disrespectful, abandons all the widely duties she hitherto does simply cos she possibly now earns more than the man, overnight she becomes too big to do the dishes but will rather go clubbing etc. Suddenly the man finds himself loosing custody of his kids, and even maybe his assets to her or at least 50% of it, these losses with their attendant mental and psychological breakdown'o

Now how do you expect a man to take all these, lying down.? All he's worked hard for decades about to go down the drain. Hmmm, not that easy attall'o

Truth is, most of these men already made up their minds to go on death sentense or life imprisonment before they strike.

Eighter way, its pathetic
well, one thing I deduce is that those resident nurses are well paid
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 04, 2014
No sane man would wake up one day and stab his pregnant wife.

...One wonders what that woman did to trigger that nigga's ire to the point where his rage-handicapped brain decided that the only way to move forward was to kill her.
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by dayokanu(m): 6:55am On Jan 04, 2014
The wifes name sound non Nigerian(Fatoumata Owoseni) so this might not be a case of bringing wife from home

Maybe from the other West African countries like Sierra Leone, Gambia, Guinea and Senegal. Since its New Jersey I suspect she might be Sierra leonean
Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by ypepe: 11:22am On Jan 04, 2014
All u guys should puleeeez zip it!
What will make u lay a hand on a preggy in d first place?
Why didn't he run?
Worst file for divorce?
Bc he is a guy that's why mouths r shifting anyhow.
Even at that we can't bodly come out and condenm bad thing. If a man or woman misbehaves,condenm it outright.
Is this politics section?

Just like d lady that cut her hubby's thing off. C as ur mouths were running like tap water. Woman is this,woman is that.
Now its a man killing a preggy u guys r here spewing rubbish.
What nonsense!
Hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Yet another Nigerian Murders Wife In America ( 9 months pregnant) by ypepe: 11:26am On Jan 04, 2014
2buff: No sane man would wake up one day and stab his pregnant wife.

...One wonders what that woman did to trigger that nigga's ire to the point where his rage-handicapped brain decided that the only way to move forward was to kill her.
Yes, he will surely move forward in jail!
Rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 1st Birthday, My Precious Daughter Michelle Ife Morire Independence / How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? / Should A Woman CARRY Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.