Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (22027 Views)

Can Vincent Enyeama Win African Footballer Of The Year? / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / Paul Put Explains Why Mikel Obi Did Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Did he not ship 6 goals at the Confederations cup?

Look I dont celebrate mediocre performance or average Performance yes am a Chelsea fan if they give Jose the chance to swap both players he will in a heart beat.... go to any major sport network in the world (FOX Sport, ESPN, SKY, BBC Sport, Eurosport etc) They will tell you that Yaya Toure is the best by a distance

Nice one bro
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: the great thing about an opinion is, everyone has the right to one- even stewpid people.
I like it when I see ladies playing football or discussing it. But I think you're becoming rude.

Mikel must win it though. To at least rub it on my Ghanaian friends faces grin grin
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: mumu, na only you no know say Enyeama don sign contract till 2017 with Lille i.e HE'S NOT FOR SALE. Lol, Guardiola didn't fancy him, Mikel played under up to 6 different coaches with different tactics and he was never sold, because Mikel can ADAPT to any style, he's VERSATILE, your Toure is stagnant. Who is better then? A stagnant Toure or a versatile Mikel? Jeez! All these JJC's are just making my football IQ reduce with their lame arguments. Imagine this one doesn't even know Enyeama's contract has been renewed. Chai!

Dumbo if you dont know anything about football SHUT THE F""K UP, because someone signs a contract doest mean he cant he sold, Gervinho was under contract with Lille and they still sold him to Arsenal, Hazard was on Contract with Lille and the still sold him to Chelsea. Calling Yaya stagnant sows that everything you know about football could fit on a post stamp.

Oh Gosh.......
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 1:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
And for Nigerians trumpeting yaya toure.......

1...yaya is a better player than Mikel, far better than Mikel

2....most coaches in the world would prefer to have a yaya toure over a Mikel

But we're talking about 2013 and achievements, yaya won nothing!

Mikel wiped the floor with yaya at the afcon and he won Europa league too

2013: yaya 0 trophy.....Mikel 2 trophies. Case closed

Mikel must win it grin

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: lol, just 9 consecutive clean sheets? Enyeama has kept 11 CONSECUTIVE CLEAN SHEETS in just HALF a season, beat that? It has already been beaten to a pulp.

Neuer won the TREBLE last season!!!!!! I guess you know what that means
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: so he's great in EPL,tell me, why hasn't the great Toure won Champions League with City? He's great, why couldn't he survive in La Liga? You think it's easy to be in Chelsea for 7 years? Why was Toure outclassed in Barcelona if he's world class? Enyeama has the highest average saves in EUROPE, beating GK's like Valdes, Buffon, Neuer, Lloris. He's not just the best African goalie you oaf, your Toure has the best record by an AFRICAN in Europe, but there are better non-African mid-fielders than him, Enyeama was the BEST GK, NOBODY was better than him, and you have the guts to come here and belittle his achievements? You think it's easy for a GK to win Player of the Month in ANY League over strikers? Please if the alomo you drank is affecting your system, keep your thoughts to yourself instead of sounding like a brainless 1d10t.
he's not abrainless id1ot but iI agree with your points

Why do we Nigerians like to downplay our very own achievements? Makes me angry
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by sicily4u: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
xtervaganza: And for Nigerians trumpeting yaya toure.......

Mikel must win it grin

why no player from Spain won the 2010 world best player after lifting the world cup in 2010 ?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2014

Mikel must win it grin

Awards are not given out due to team achievement.... Its due to individual performance

EPL player of the season was voted by all the players and who did they Choose? Gareth Bale and Spurs won nothing its that same process and same criteria
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by jeamie(m): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
Wy tlk like dis..he scored four goals in ova three hundred appearances imagine make dy kon cari d award give am..Yaya I hail. undecided
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Neuer won the TREBLE last season!!!!!! I
guess you know what that means

Neuer won 5 trophies and played the likes of Barcelona and juventus, not in French league Oga ... That's the difference ! And after all the clean sheet, enyeama better carry the league o
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
jeamie: Wy tlk like dis..he scored four goals in ova three hundred appearances imagine make dy kon cari d award give am..Yaya I hail. undecided

Insult to the award, FIFA, CAF, and past winners be that naw ... Thank u bro
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
sicily4u:

why no player from Spain won the 2010 world best player after lifting the world cup in 2010 ?
because none f them deserved it more than Sneidjer who was robbed of the award

Treble winner with inter

5goals in world cup from midfield

The award is a dusgrace

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Awards are not given out due to team achievement.... Its due to individual performance

EPL player of the season was voted by all the players and who did they Choose? Gareth Bale and Spurs won nothing its that same process and same criteria
you're very right bro, I know yaya is a better player than Mikel will ever be

I only want Mikel to win because he's a Nigerian like me(pardon my sentiments) and becauselately he's been playing well for Nigeria too

Buh whoever wins the award I won't lose sleep.....dem no send me
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
jeamie: Wy tlk like dis..he scored four goals in ova three hundred appearances imagine make dy kon cari d award give am..Yaya I hail. undecided
list Yaya's achievements IN 2013. Why tell us how many appearances? We're talking about just ONE year- 2013. In the year under review, Mikel was better. When they ask the best OVER-ALL, we can say Yaya. It's like a student who comes first every term, everyone knows he's the best in the class, but if someone else comes first in one term, whoever takes that position is adjudgjed the best student IN THAT TERM, does that mean the guy who comes first every other year isn't the best? No. Ask Skysports, ESPN, BBC and FOX and they'll tell you Mikel was the BEST IN 2013.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by jeamie(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2014

Mikel must win it grin
if mikel no win am..9arry ur plate for house give am bolo.. undecided

Mikel must win it grin
if mikel no win am..9arry ur plate for house give am bolo..
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by skyscraperTM(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Arguing on a faceless forum will not make him win. Let's make sure we push a thread on frontpage advocating for people like you and I to vote for him. Lobatan!

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
jeamie: if mikel no win am..9arry ur plate for house give am bolo.. undecidedif mikel no win am..9arry ur plate for house give am bolo..
I'm the bolo because I fancied my compatriot for an award? Did I insult you? I won't take it lightly next time.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: list Yaya's achievements IN 2013. Why tell us how many appearances? We're talking about just ONE year- 2013. In the year under review, Mikel was better. When they ask the best OVER-ALL, we can say Yaya. It's like a student who comes first every term, everyone knows he's the best in the class, but if someone else comes first in one term, whoever takes that position is adjudgjed the best student IN THAT TERM, does that mean the guy who comes first every other year isn't the best? No. Ask Skysports, ESPN, BBC and FOX and they'll tell you Mikel was the BEST IN 2013.

The more you argue the more you sound ridiculous

Who came first?

Anyone remember Liverpool's Djimi Traoré who plays left back when Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005.. To some people's looney logic they should have given him the African Player of the year award.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

The more you argue the more you sound ridiculous

Who came first?

Anyone remember Liverpool's Djimi Traoré who plays left back when Liverpool won the Champions League in 2005.. To some people's looney logic they should have given him the African Player of the year award.
you already proved in previous posts that your IQ is fairly low, so I don't expect you to understand my logic. Even your username says a lot, why is a baby boy arguing with adults?

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 2:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: you already proved in previous posts that your IQ is fairly low, so I don't expect you to understand my logic. Even your username says a lot, why is a baby boy arguing with adults?

Tell me as an outsider, what do you think about the human race?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Neuer won the TREBLE last season!!!!!! I guess you know what that means
Enyeama has got 2 trophies too,please what has Yaya gotten?INDOMIE!

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Enyeama has got 2 trophies too,please what has Yaya gotten?INDOMIE!

Yeah the Mickey Mouse cup! no wonder he didnt make the top 3, Next you will say Efe Ambrose should be in the top 3 because he won the Scottish league
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Yeah the Mickey Mouse cup! no wonder he didnt make the top 3, Next you will say Efe Ambrose should be in the top 3 because he won the Scottish league
At least they ve gotten something to show unlike Yaya that couldn't win anything.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

okay, so how come Drogba that plays for Gala and La Casera in a Looney Tunes league got nominated for top 3 over Enyeama that plays in the Ligue 1? Prior to Galatsaray, let's remember that Drogba was in the Chinese league, is that better than the Israeli league? Your argument is baseless.

2 Likes

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by emmadan(m): 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: fuq statistics. Enyeama has better statistics in 2013 than any of those 3, yet they dumped him for some grandpa that plays in a Turkish league. The award isn't based on merit, na who get leg pass dey win. If you want to compare their statistics individually, omit their club performances. Based solely on their achievements in national team, Toure is as useless to CIV as Messi is to Argentina. Toure started playing in AFCON back when Mikel was still in the youth team, yet Mikel came and outclassed him on his own turf. We'll take a player that works towards the progres of a team and gets results over one that bangs in meaningless goals. The entire CIV team are the biggest clowns in African football, all the big names and zero achievements.
chai,this gal don kill me with laugh ooo.lmao.who born this pikin?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 2:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
Its a shame that Yaya's fan can't even mention a single achievement of his in 2013,Aubameyang had 19goals for Saint Etienne last season,nobody raised an eyebrow,now that Yaya's gotten 12goals without any achievement we no go hear word.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by pwaju: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Forza p: Op u can lie oo,hw can u say he was key to chelsea's europa league success?hw many matches did he start?hian!!
. Cum u na chelsea fan? abi u jus wan talk
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 4:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
xtervaganza: you're very right bro, I know yaya is a better player than Mikel will ever be

I only want Mikel to win because he's a Nigerian like me(pardon my sentiments) and becauselately he's been playing well for Nigeria too

Buh whoever wins the award I won't lose sleep.....dem no send me
SMARTEST POST,I REMOVE MY CAP FOR U,U TOO MUCH,THIS IS WHAT UR COLLEAGUES COULD AV SAID INSTEAD,WEN THEY COULD NOT DEFEND MIKEL ENOF,THEY HAVE NOW DRIFTED TO ENYEAMA AND CO....ANY WAY YOUR LAST SENTENCE HAS SAID IT ALL...U DESERVE THE AWARD SEF grin
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: okay, so how come Drogba that plays for Gala and La Casera in a Looney Tunes league got nominated for top 3 over Enyeama that plays in the Ligue 1? Prior to Galatsaray, let's remember that Drogba was in the Chinese league, is that better than the Israeli league? Your argument is baseless.

Dumbo at what point in 2013 was Drogba playing in China? Like I said your knowledge about football could fit on a post stamp
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Its a shame that Yaya's fan can't even mention a single achievement of his in 2013,Aubameyang had 19goals for Saint Etienne last season,nobody raised an eyebrow,now that Yaya's gotten 12goals without any achievement we no go hear word.

Well 12 goals in 5 months that's 2 goals more than Mikel has scored in his entire career (almost 400 games 10 goals)
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
psalmdave: Chai God,mikel again,this so annoys me.....even moses,mba were better than mikel,That Title "mikel plays for chelsea" is tp be blamed for all this,mikel ni,African football is in trouble
psalmdave: Chai God,mikel again,this so annoys me.....even moses,mba were better than mikel,That Title "mikel plays for chelsea" is tp be blamed for all this,mikel ni,African football is in trouble
U must be dead drunk

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by GentleFrank(m): 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mikel all the way !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Ghana FA President Caught On Video Taking Bribe / Senegal Vs Cameroon: AFCON 2023 (3 - 1) On 19th January 2024 / Portugal Will Play North Macedonia For A Place At The 2022 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.