Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (22024 Views)

Can Vincent Enyeama Win African Footballer Of The Year? / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / Paul Put Explains Why Mikel Obi Did Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
psalmdave: I find this so funny,someone just claiming he knows so much abt football and listing things no one asked him............lol....Football expert,kip it up sad
Stop lying against me, I never called myself an expert, I even stated that I don't follow the English Championship teams but keep tabs on teams and coaches I like.

I stated to show for instance I am hoping Brighton gets promoted because of Oscar Garcia and I am hoping he signs Enyeama for Brighton.

I listed reasons why I followed them. Just the way I followed them.

Please the other guy lied he watched Mourinho talk about Pedro Leon and didn't know the context of the discussion. BLATANT LIE AND HE KNOWS IT. YOU ALSO KNOW HE WAS LYING.

Your solution is to lie against me. LIE LIE PEOPLE.

How come Mikel haters lie so much?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 6:09pm On Jan 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Stop lying against me, I never called myself an expert, I even stated that I don't follow the English Championship teams but keep tabs on teams and coaches I like.

I stated to show for instance I am hoping Brighton gets promoted because of Oscar Garcia and I am hoping he signs Enyeama for Brighton.

Please the other guy lied he watched Mourinho talk about Pedro Leon and didn't know the context of the discussion. BLATANT LIE AND HE KNOWS IT. YOU ALSO KNOW HE WAS LYING.

Yo Joe!just let it slide,you don't owe anybody any explanation.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Stop lying against me, I never called myself an expert, I even stated that I don't follow the English Championship teams but keep tabs on teams and coaches I like.

All these av nthing to do with mikel,u are very funny,u are running when no one is pursuing u,who asked u abt brighton,anderson etc ......no one asked u about a german player,......it is all clear u are just out to claim u know football more than everyone,well i have an advice for u,donot take that habit outside Nairaland cos it wont take u any where......In this life,allow people to attribute qualities or brilliance to u.....not u to yourself.ok

Its an advice,nt that i av anything against u....Be wise ehhn my brother
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by 01mcfadden(m): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
omar22:

At the Confederation cup we only beat Tahiti... So what's there to celebrate? your trying to give an award to a player in a team that lost 3-0 Spain, talking about celebrating mediocre performance, no wonder when you go to the TV section some people think a Nollywood movie should b up for an Oscar
stop ranting and then give the award to someone that was ousted in the quarter final of afcon and couldnt get past quarter final of Euro champion's league.
Its obvious the only problem you have is seeing Mikel lift the award...keep hating!

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by 01mcfadden(m): 10:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
To Mikel haters,in baba Oshio's voice,go and die! undecided

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by naijanoni(m): 7:06am On Jan 09, 2014
For those doubting d fact dat mikel has been a key part of every manager's plan(aside AVB) at chelsea since he joined/those saying he has been a BENCH WARMER at chelsea,here is mikel's no. Of EPL appearances/starts from 2007/2008 season(though he joined chelsea in 2006,but was still a learner then so i excluded his 1st season).
Remember,u can only play a maximum of 38 EPL games in one season:-

2007/2008-29 appearances,22 starts

2008/2009-34 appearance,33 starts

2009/2010-25 appearances,21 starts

2010/2011-29 appearances,29 starts

2011/2012-22 appearances,15 starts

2012/2013-22 appearances,20 starts

Looking at this,d only season mikel started "not-so-much" amount of games was the 2011/2012 season.And that was under AVB.
The rest of d seasons(including last season that some people say he warmed d bench),he started more than 50 % of chelsea's PL matches.
Looking at these statistics shows that mikel has been a key part in almost every chelsea's manager plan.
There is NO WAY a bench-warmer/un-important player would be starting most of his club's games every season.
I compared this with Carrick of machester united and found out that in some of d seasons(From 2007 to last season),Mikel started more games at chelsea than carrick at manchester united.
So would u say carrick has been a bench-warmer at Man-U ??

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by omar22(m): 11:10am On Jan 09, 2014
naija noni: For those doubting d fact dat mikel has been a key part of every manager's plan(aside AVB) at chelsea since he joined/those saying he has been a BENCH WARMER at chelsea,here is mikel's no. Of EPL appearances/starts from 2007/2008 season(though he joined chelsea in 2006,but was still a learner then so i excluded his 1st season).

Looking at this,d only season mikel started "not-so-much" amount of games was the 2011/2012 season.And that was under AVB.
The rest of d seasons(including last season that some people say he warmed d bench),he started more than 50 % of chelsea's PL matches.
Looking at these statistics shows that mikel has been a key part in almost every chelsea's manager plan.
There is NO WAY a bench-warmer/un-important player would be starting most of his club's games every season.
I compared this with Carrick of machester united and found out that in some of d seasons(From 2007 to last season),Mikel started more games at chelsea than carrick at manchester united.
So would u say carrick has been a bench-warmer at Man-U ??

Chelsea plays between 58 - 70 games (league and Cup games) a season, lets see how many games Mikel played

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=naija noni]For those doubting d fact dat mikel has been a key part of every manager's plan(aside AVB) at chelsea since he joined/those saying he has been a BENCH WARMER at chelsea,here is mikel's no. Of EPL appearances/starts from 2007/2008 season(though he joined chelsea in 2006,but was still a learner then so i excluded his 1st season).

So would u say carrick has been a bench-warmer at Man-U ??[/quote:]Carrick?No go there o......lets nt start a war by comparing them but that guy appearance per season is astonishing....he also came to manutd 2006 but he made his 300 appearance some years back,m sure he has made more than 400 by nw but mikel is nt actually a bench warmer
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt:
The truth is that, you guys underrate Mikel too much. Do you think Mourinho is joking at Chelsea? He just opened the door for Essien and Mata to leave. He would have dropped Mikel if he was a poor player.

Playing at Chelsea is not beans. Great players go there and fail. Including mid fielders like Mineiro, Oscar, Marin, De Bruyne, Gokhan Tore. For Mikel to be there, he must be special.

Coach Keshi has asked a lot of regular Super Eagles players like Taiwo, Osaze, Yobo, Uche Bros., Martins and many more but Mikel is still in the team wearing the number 10 shirt.

I trust Mikel, he will still shock you this year. Mark my words. I had this argued,went before the nations cup. Mikel doesn't fail.

MIKEL, PROVING HATERS WRONG SINCE 2003.
Sorry,YaYa took d award!!..u should go and lick hhis a.s.s before hhe treck back to england!!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
striker9: You have shown how intelligent you are,no point arguing with you.
Sorry,YaYa took d award!!..u should go and lick hhis a.s.s before hhe treck back to england!!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:12am On Jan 10, 2014
rahazaqa: Sorry,YaYa took d award!!..u should go and lick hhis a.s.s before hhe treck back to england!!
Disgusting. So how does Yaya's butt taste in your mouth. Gosh you do that, I throw up thinking of it
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Disgusting. So how does Yaya's butt taste in your mouth. Gosh you do that, I throw up thinking of it
lol...otijo..I no say u don cry tire yesterday night coz u don use that ur big mouth give d award to mikel since december!!..I hope u will kip quiet nw!!..sorry
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 10, 2014

lol..everybody don know u here,we talking yam ,u talking fish,hw are they related?..guy,u nid rest jare!!!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2014
xtervaganza: talking about hachim? The same guy ac and inter battled to sign?

And what has he got to do with this arguments? Are mentally stable?
lol..d guy is so funny,,his brain is overfloating!!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:56am On Jan 10, 2014
rahazaqa: lol..everybody don know u here,we talking yam ,u talking fish,hw are they related?..guy,u nid rest jare!!!
Don't talk to me with the mouth you use to lick Yaya's ............Iyama. Runs out of thread
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
please....suicide is not the best option,this is not the end of the world...Mikel will make us proud next year
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
rahazaqa: lol..d guy is so funny,,his brain is overfloating!!
no mind am.......me sef just notice say d guy get mental problem
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ghana FA President Caught On Video Taking Bribe / Senegal Vs Cameroon: AFCON 2023 (3 - 1) On 19th January 2024 / Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Lawsuit 'dropped' By Las Vegas Accuser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.