Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (22073 Views)

Can Vincent Enyeama Win African Footballer Of The Year? / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / Paul Put Explains Why Mikel Obi Did Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by sleekymag(m): 9:07am On Jan 07, 2014
Truth is Mikel has always been underrated because he doesn't score much goals but I tell you that guy is a big big asset to any title winning team. He deserves the AFOTY 2013 award. Head to head he outshone Yaya andDrogba at the nations cup. With Mourinho he also beat Man City at the Stamford Bridge 2-1 by frustrating Yaya this season. Mourinho initially overlooked him when he just came in as he was trying to find Chelsea's best eleven. Overtime he realized Mikel is actually Chelsea's best holding midfielder better than Ramires,Lamparrd and others for that position. Mikel I tell u is underrated and unappreciated by the untrained eyes.. There's a reason he always makes it despite the plethora of chelsea's coaches, Mourinho,Avram Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB, Di Matteo, Benitez and Mouringo again.

2 Likes

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by somtea(m): 11:26am On Jan 07, 2014
sleekymag: Truth is Mikel has always been underrated because he doesn't score much goals but I tell you that guy is a big big asset to any title winning team. He deserves the AFOTY 2013 award. Head to head he outshone Yaya andDrogba at the nations cup. With Mourinho he also beat Man City at the Stamford Bridge 2-1 by frustrating Yaya this season. Mourinho initially overlooked him when he just came in as he was trying to find Chelsea's best eleven. Overtime he realized Mikel is actually Chelsea's best holding midfielder better than Ramires,Lamparrd and others for that position. Mikel I tell u is underrated and unappreciated by the untrained eyes.. There's a reason he always makes it despite the plethora of chelsea's coaches, Mourinho,Avram Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB, Di Matteo, Benitez and Mouringo again.
COrrect. U notice hw new coaches always leave him on d bench for their first few games?? But he ALWAYS fights his way back into the team.
Pls we should reeremember that dis award Is For the year 2013.
Hw about judging from their head to head performance against each other since january!!¡

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by yemmy19(m): 11:27am On Jan 07, 2014
Some clowns who insisted Mikel should win d award because he won trophies were among those who will still argue that ronaldo deserves ballon d'Or more than King Messi and Ribery........awon alailopolo jatijati
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2014
sleekymag: Truth is Mikel has always been underrated because he doesn't score much goals but I tell you that guy is a big big asset to any title winning team. He deserves the AFOTY 2013 award. Head to head he outshone Yaya andDrogba at the nations cup. With Mourinho he also beat Man City at the Stamford Bridge 2-1 by frustrating Yaya this season. Mourinho initially overlooked him when he just came in as he was trying to find Chelsea's best eleven. Overtime he realized Mikel is actually Chelsea's best holding midfielder better than Ramires,Lamparrd and others for that position. Mikel I tell u is underrated and unappreciated by the untrained eyes.. There's a reason he always makes it despite the plethora of chelsea's coaches, [b]Mourinho,Avram Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB, Di Matteo, Benitez and Mouringo again[/b].

Mourinho - First time around he was an understudy to Makalele

Avram Grant - Actually the Isreali manager didn't fancy Mikel and Makalele captained Chelsea when bothTerry and Lampard were out injured during the Christmas period, he actually prefered Julio Belletti to Mikel when Makalele is out. Strong chance of Mikel getting a red card than playing.

Scolari, - Scolari liked Mikel because he loves his ball on the ground and Essien had a bad Injury but he was sacked

Hiddink - He preferred Lampard, Ballack and Essien as the midfield trio

Ancelotti, - He also preferred Lampard, Ballack and Essien as the midfield trio until when Essien ruptured his knee in an International game with Libya this gave Mikel a very long run, the following season Ramires joined and Mikel found himself on the bench

AVB, - Preferred Ramires, Merelles wasnt sure about Lampard which eventually got him the sack, He also thought Oriol Romeu was matured enough to take Mikels place

Di Matteo - Liked Mikel ahead of Essien to partner Merelles and moved Ramires out wide, then sold Mereles and Partnered Mikel with Lampard which cost him his job because the team wasn't balanced

Benitez - Preferred Ramires and Lampard with Mikel as cover but at times Benithez felt with Mikel the build up to attack is very slow.

and Mouringo again - Jose thought Van Ginkle will take Mikel's place but Injury, he loaned Oriol Romeu to get more experience, Essien is now a spent force, Lampard well it seems age is catching up on him and the only Mikel seems to fair better alongside Ramires who is the engine of Chelsea's midfield.

So its a myth if you feel that Mikel was a first choice under every manager

Tell me why was Mikel on the bench when Chelsea played the top teams, Liverpool, Man City, Manchester United only started against Arsenal?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt:

Before the match started, during the line up. Ronaldinho was licking his lips and smiling. You could tell he was saying in his mind, "I have never seen so many fresh fish in one gathering". He dribbled Evans so much till Sir, Alex Ferguson started threatening Evans. cheesy
This is hw U guys have been lying from the 1st page of this thread....DID JONNY EVANS PLAY THAT MATCH A GAME ROONEY WON OF THE MATCH WITH NANI GIVING 3 ASSIST...Ronaldinho was fantastic too in that game,he even made rafeal get a red card and ferdinard a yellow but u dnt need to be lying uneccesarily na my friend....haba
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2014
AND FOR THOSE OF U USING 3 TO 4 NAIRALAND ACCOUNTS TO DEFEND MIKEL.....GOD IS WATCHING Ugrin

LET ME NOT CALL YOUR NAMES BUT I KNOW ALL OF U DOING THAT
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 11:53am On Jan 07, 2014
U guys should read this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Footballer_of_the_Year

Chelsea is nt a standard of football....for u guys that will let us hear word.....These words below have been the words used to defend mikel,PLEASE EMPHASIZE on them football wise and nt telling us stories

Helped
consistent
part of the team
contributed

dnt forget the link abovecheesy

read it carefully too.

And those mikel supporters for the award,cant u support mikel without insulting those that dnt share the same views with u...thats a sign of defeat
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
psalmdave: This is hw U guys have been lying from the 1st page of this thread....DID JONNY EVANS PLAY THAT MATCH A GAME ROONEY WON OF THE MATCH WITH NANI GIVING 3 ASSIST...Ronaldinho was fantastic too in that game,he even made rafeal getRacial. card and ferdinard a yellow but u dnt need to be lying uneccesarily na my friend....haba
Keep accusing people without any evidence. Please point out the lies or you are the one lying and calling GOD.

See the squad list of the match. Is Evans not on the list? I remember the game because I watched it. If you can't remember the match or didn't watch it, use Google. It is your friend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/7251693/AC-Milan-v-Manchester-United-Champions-League-live.html

AC Milan:

Dida, Bonera, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini, Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Pato, Huntelaar. Subs: Abbiati, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Flamini, Favalli, Abate.

Man Utd:

Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Park, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, Owen, Berbatov, Valencia, Gibson.

It was Carrick that got sent off during the dying minutes of the game, not Rafeal
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
sleekymag: Truth is Mikel has always been underrated because he doesn't score much goals but I tell you that guy is a big big asset to any title winning team. He deserves the AFOTY 2013 award. Head to head he outshone Yaya andDrogba at the nations cup. With Mourinho he also beat Man City at the Stamford Bridge 2-1 by frustrating Yaya this season. Mourinho initially overlooked him when he just came in as he was trying to find Chelsea's best eleven. Overtime he realized Mikel is actually Chelsea's best holding midfielder better than Ramires,Lamparrd and others for that position. Mikel I tell u is underrated and unappreciated by the untrained eyes.. There's a reason he always makes it despite the plethora of chelsea's coaches, Mourinho,Avram Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, AVB, Di Matteo, Benitez and Mouringo again.
You can't convince someone that doesn't see anything good in another person.they rather spend all there life emphasizing on mikel's shortcomings,rather than praise him when he deserves it.Its a waste of time cause if anyone in his naïve state of mind say that Mba is better than Mikel,so why bother argue with them.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Teague(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
Mikel Fan Boys saying He Deserves The Award smh. A PLayer who Only Passes To Defenders, A PLayer Who Can't Dribble to Save His Life, No CLass, No Football IQ, Not even a Top 30 DM, Not even a Top 4 DM in Africa (Yaya, Wanyama, Tiote, Song), not Even The Best PLayer in The Nigeria Squad and U Want Him to Be The Model of African Football? When Yaya is Busy Doing It and Scoring Freekicks and Dominating World Class PLayers . . . ? Think of It sef; What World Class PLayers are In Chelsea's Midfield? A Washed Up Lamps? Ramires? That Says a Lot
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Keep accusing people without any evidence. Please point out the lies or you are the one lying and calling GOD.

See the squad list of the match. Is Evans not on the list? I remember the game because I watched it. If you can't remember the match or didn't watch it, use Google. It is your friend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/7251693/AC-Milan-v-Manchester-United-Champions-League-live.html

AC Milan:

Dida, Bonera, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini, Beckham, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Ronaldinho, Pato, Huntelaar. Subs: Abbiati, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Flamini, Favalli, Abate.

Man Utd:

Van der Sar, Rafael Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Park, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, Owen, Berbatov, Valencia, Gibson.

It was Carrick that got sent off during the dying minutes of the game, not Rafeal
rafael also got sent off, its the 1st leg carrick was sent off for kicking the ball
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:24pm On Jan 07, 2014
Teague: Mikel Fan Boys saying He Deserves The Award smh. A PLayer who Only Passes To Defenders, A PLayer Who Can't Dribble to Save His Life, No CLass, No Football IQ, Not even a Top 30 DM, Not even a Top 4 DM in Africa (Yaya, Wanyama, Tiote, Song), not Even The Best PLayer in The Nigeria Squad and U Want Him to Be The Model of African Football? When Yaya is Busy Doing It and Scoring Freekicks and Dominating World Class PLayers . . . ? Think of It sef; What World Class PLayers are In Chelsea's Midfield? A Washed Up Lamps? Ramires? That Says a Lot
Now another one says Mikel can't dribble.

Explain what this is. Hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTZDkJ0Rs2U

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Teague(m): 1:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Now another one says Mikel can't dribble.

Explain what this is. Hater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTZDkJ0Rs2U

Pff Eat a Rag; I Don't Have To Watch That Stupid Video... Mikel is a Shit PLayer who Can't Mark, Pass, Dribble or Shoot and Is Always Looking to Play It Safe without Risks. How Come Ya'll Celebrate like U won a Lottery whenever He Scores? Almost all Chelsea Defenders bar Azpilicueta have More Goals Than He Has... I Bet U're a Chelsea Fan; Forget about The Medals He won with Country and CLub, AFOY Award is an Individual Award. I'm Tired of Ya'll Saying He Helped His Club and Country when It was The Opposite; He Hardly Featured Under Benitez; Luiz PLayed DM Remember? And For Nigeria, Most Of Ya'll We're Begging For Him to Be Benched . . . Mikel is a Disgrace to African Football; He's not a Top 3 Midfielder in Nigeria too. I'm Not Hating coz Even as I dey Like This ehn I PLay Pass Mikel. All He Does is CLaim Powerful
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2014
Teague:

Pff Eat a Rag; I Don't Have To Watch That Stupid Video... Mikel is a Shit PLayer who Can't Mark, Pass, Dribble or Shoot and Is Always Looking to Play It Safe without Risks. How Come Ya'll Celebrate like U won a Lottery whenever He Scores? Almost all Chelsea Defenders bar Azpilicueta have More Goals Than He Has... I Bet U're a Chelsea Fan; Forget about The Medals He won with Country and CLub, AFOY Award is an Individual Award. I'm Tired of Ya'll Saying He Helped His Club and Country when It was The Opposite; He Hardly Featured Under Benitez; Luiz PLayed DM Remember? And For Nigeria, Most Of Ya'll We're Begging For Him to Be Benched . . . Mikel is a Disgrace to African Football; He's not a Top 3 Midfielder in Nigeria too. I'm Not Hating coz Even as I dey Like This ehn I PLay Pass Mikel. All He Does is CLaim Powerful
MIKEL HAS BEEN PUTTING HATERS TO SHAME SINCE 2003, YET THEY ARE NOT TIRED.

Hating don't pay. If you don't watch, how can you know?

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Maroski1: 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2014
For individual performance Yaya is the best but achievement goes to Mikel.
Just like any other Nigerian I want Mikel to win it, the fact still remain that Yaya is better an all ramifications.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Teague(m): 2:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
AFOTY is an Individual Award People; Sneijder won The Treble with Inter and Messi won The WPOTY award in 2010 just Like Ronaldo will win It This Year.....
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Maroski 1: For individual performance Yaya is the best but achievement goes to Mikel.
Just like any other Nigerian I want Mikel to win it, the fact still remain that Yaya is better an all ramifications.
The African Footballer of the Year award,
presented to the best African football
(soccer) player each year

from wikipedia.....what the afoty award is
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Oothman(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
yemmy19: Some clowns who insisted Mikel should win d award because he won trophies were among those who will still argue that ronaldo deserves ballon d'Or more than King Messi and Ribery........awon alailopolo jatijati
u mean injured Messi ??

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: MIKEL HAS BEEN PUTTING HATERS TO SHAME SINCE 2003, YET THEY ARE NOT TIRED.

Hating don't pay. If you don't watch, how can you know?
Must you reply everybody,the mere looking at his post shows how abnormal he is.

2 Likes

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Oothman(m): 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Teague: Mikel Fan Boys saying He Deserves The Award smh. A PLayer who Only Passes To Defenders, A PLayer Who Can't Dribble to Save His Life, No CLass, No Football IQ, Not even a Top 30 DM, Not even a Top 4 DM in Africa (Yaya, Wanyama, Tiote, Song), not Even The Best PLayer in The Nigeria Squad and U Want Him to Be The Model of African Football? When Yaya is Busy Doing It and Scoring Freekicks and Dominating World Class PLayers . . . ? Think of It sef; What World Class PLayers are In Chelsea's Midfield? A Washed Up Lamps? Ramires? That Says a Lot
hw dare u say Song and Tiote are better than mikel

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Oothman(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
Teague:

Mikel can't pass , mark I beg fear God!!!......i dont think u r in ur right mind or mayb u jst started watching football

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 3:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Oothman: hw dare u say Song and Tiote are better than mikel
I dnt know but did u see those passes song was feeding van persie.....He is also a defensive midfielder tho.....
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
psalmdave: I dnt know but did u see those passes song was feeding van persie.....He is also a defensive midfielder tho.....
Did you see the passes Mikel was feeding Hazard and Willian in the match against Derby? Did you see the passes Mikel gave Moses and Musa during the AFCON? Nawa.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Did you see the passes Mikel was feeding Hazard and Willian in the match against Derby? Did you see the passes Mikel gave Moses and Musa during the AFCON? Nawa.

Derby!!!!!! hmmm

How many assist has Mikel got?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Did you see the passes Mikel was feeding Hazard and Willian in the match against Derby? Did you see the passes Mikel gave Moses and Musa during the AFCON? Nawa.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 3:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
wen i mentioned to van persie,i meant the pass resulted to something they call goal
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
baby-boy:

Derby!!!!!!

You clearly didn't watch the match against Derby. If you did, you would know that Chelsea put out a strong squad and found the game difficult. By the way we are talking about long range passing ability. Mikel showed he could do it at the AFCON, Confeds and you can notice it in the Derby match.

IF YOU DON'T LOOK, YOU CAN'T SEE.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
psalmdave: wen i mentioned to van persie,i meant the pass resulted to something they call goal
So if Van Persie had missed the goal, the pass isn't classy anymore. You GATS to be kidding me.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by macof(m): 3:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
psalmdave: U guys should read this

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Footballer_of_the_Year

Chelsea is nt a standard of football....for u guys that will let us hear word.....These words below have been the words used to defend mikel,PLEASE EMPHASIZE on them football wise and nt telling us stories

Helped
consistent
part of the team
contributed

dnt forget the link abovecheesy

read it carefully too.

And those mikel supporters for the award,cant u support mikel without insulting those that dnt share the same views with u...thats a sign of defeat

Now Everyone should know that Your reason for hating Mikel is because you hate Chelsea

Which is so pathetic

Such a low life theology you have

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by macof(m): 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2014

Who's better than him in the Nigerian squad
Who apart from him is qualified for Top 3 in Africa?

answer the question or SHUT UP

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
macof:

Now Everyone should know that Your reason for hating Mikel is because you hate Chelsea

Which is so pathetic

Such a low life theology you have
if u didnt understand say so,i was refering to guys who were saying mikel has been at chelsea under various managers and so,like what does that have to do with afoty....i hope u dnt misunderstand this too or insult me for nt sharing the same views with u

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Lucky Omeruo And Wife, Dorsy Chuks Welcome Their 2nd Child (Photos) / Portugal Will Play North Macedonia For A Place At The 2022 World Cup / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.