Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Do You Carry Amulets? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Carry Amulets? (2635 Views)

Drama As Juju Woman Appears In Church With Charms And Amulets Around Her (photo) / PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 6:37am On Aug 07, 2008
I bet no one will agree in affirmative,

Seriously, I know of this lady who sends money home to have her mother sacrifice goats for her. It is one of those difficult to let go traditional systems we have, especially in Yorubaland. But how far can these sacrifices and "charms" advance a life here in the United States? Wouldn't it be interesting to take a little "like" potion before going for the job interview so the moment they set eyes on you, they are hooked and give you the job even without an interview?

Do you carry any amulets, religious or otherwise? Do you believe it brought your destiny to pass?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by dadahgirl: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2008
Yes, I carry a colorful rock in my purse. It is supposed to protect you from curses. Dont know if it works or not but I still carry it. cheesy
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2008
And all of you will claim, later that you believe in Trinity. Yet you have the notion of potion, amulet, goodluck charm, etc, etc. How real is your belief? Zero. If the 3 gods can help you, with their combined efforts, and you still need the extra source to make it happen, maybe, then know that Allah is sufficient for whomever He wills.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by lucabrasi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2008
olabowale:

And all of you will claim, later that you believe in Trinity. Yet you have the notion of potion, amulet, goodluck charm, etc, etc. How real is your belief? Zero. If the 3 gods can help you, with their combined efforts, and you still need the extra source to make it happen, maybe, then know that Allah is sufficient for whomever He wills.
dude dont even go there,the likes of adedibu and co are devout muslims yet they indulge in diabolic stuffs, the notherners in government are devout muslims thats not stopped them from embezzling,my point being irrespective of y religious leanings,some still believe in carrying amulets and what not maybe cause of the asimilation of these belifs right from home or cause it works for them
@topic
i dont carry amulets or nething but i always wear a cruxifix and always feel naked if i dont,however i wont knock people who do if it works for them
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2008
@Lucabrasi: Your Cruxifix, is your amulet! Lucabrasi, dude, I thought you will be one of the few huma beings who believe not, in the amulet. But of course, the amulet in your heart is Jesus. Either way, you are amulet bound.

And by the way, you have never heard be inure muslims from deeds that are evil.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by lucabrasi(m): 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2008
olabowale:

@Lucabrasi: Your Cruxifix, is your amulet! Lucabrasi, dude, I thought you will be one of the few huma beings who believe not, in the amulet. But of course, the amulet in your heart is Jesus. Either way, you are amulet bound.

And by the way, you have never heard be inure muslims from deeds that are evil.
the cruxifix is purely ornamental as long as u dont see me invoking it in any way shape or form to protect me or inspire me,i dont believe in amulet but im all for freedom for people to express themselves within reason
if my amulet is the cruxifix then the tesbiu is yours and the amulet in your heart is allah,
thats the point im making that neither xtians,muslims or any other religious leanings are immune from evil deeds contrary to your assertion contrary to your reference about xtians,trinioty and what not
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by dadahgirl: 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2008
As far as the crucifix, as long as you dont worship it, I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Some people use it to identify themselves as christians and nothing more.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2008
@lucabrasi: And every idea that resulted in idol worshipping began just as harmlessly as ornamental in value, etc. And when you make it sign on your person and or kisses it, it is a form of reverence, part of a belief system of worship.

I use tesbi'u to count. I do not use it all the time. I can use any form of counter. I use my fingers, all the time. You will then realise that no muslim thinks that Tesbi'u is important to religion or worship. It is not the same with your Cruxifix, since you feel "naked," without it.

@Dadahgirl:

As far as the crucifix, as long as you don't worship it, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Some people use it to identify themselves as christians and nothing more.

But some people worship or sees the cruxifix as object of worship, right? I see the Spanish catholics paying reverence to it in a way that could be perceived as worship.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by dadahgirl: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2008
There is a lot of idolotry in many religions, including christianity. I would say it is ignorance and that they dont understand the concept. A lot of catholics are trying to change this but it does piss me off that some of them have amulets that they carry in their purses, their necks, the walls of their homes are covered with them as well. It is a way of living to them and it is not smthing you can change overnight.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 12:11am On Aug 08, 2008
There is a lot of idolotry in many religions, including christianity. I would say it is ignorance and that they don't understand the concept. A lot of catholics are trying to change this but it does piss me off that some of them have amulets that they carry in their purses, their necks, the walls of their homes are covered with them as well. It is a way of living to them and it is not smthing you can change overnight.

Is the way Nigerian pentecostals extol their pastors these days not also idolatory?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Lady2(f): 2:16am On Aug 08, 2008

Do not be so quick to pass judgment, who told you that the people who posted before you are Christian. Did they announce it?
Because I didn't see and announcement.

Don't make me tell you of the muslims that are very deep into diabolicals. Infact it is how they attack a lot of successful Christians. My hairdresser's employee's mum was attacked by her muslims business partners. She was succeeding and they threatened her many times. They didn't accept the fact that a woman was more "intelligent" than them (men) in business, so they tried to take her life.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Lady2(f): 2:20am On Aug 08, 2008
Maybe some people don't understand what amulets are.
Amulets are "magical" and not spiritual.
Don't confuse both, thanks.

There is no magic in Christianity. Thank you.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 4:23am On Aug 08, 2008
Don't make me tell you of the muslims that are very deep into diabolicals. Infact it is how they attack a lot of successful Christians. My hairdresser's employee's mum was attacked by her muslims business partners. She was succeeding and they threatened her many times. They didn't accept the fact that a woman was more "intelligent" than them (men) in business, so they tried to take her life.
Adedibu, Alao Akala, Arisekola Alao, Abacha(had 500 babalawos from across africa in his dais in asorock), you want more muslims involved with juju?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by AloyEmeka9: 7:59am On Aug 08, 2008
Amulets no be juju?

na moslems dey always carryam now. Those hadjia women that sells jewelry have it all over them.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2008
@~Lady~:
« #10 on: Today at 02:16:38 AM »
Do not be so quick to pass judgment, who told you that the people who posted before you are Christian. Did they announce it?
Because I didn't see and announcement.

You need glasses, Alice. Get some glasses, Alice. Pearls is a good eye glasses company outlet, nowadays, in the mall, nearest to you. You must be fuming. No wonder you are not calling, and you resorted to attack from far away. Okay o.

Isn't this a Christian section and the Poster is a christian? I wanna hear your voice, today. Unfailingly. Today and not tomorrow. You hear, woman. And don't bring that stubbornness on the phone. park it prior to dialling. lol. 9ja woman.

Maybe some people don't understand what amulets are.
Amulets are "magical" and not spiritual.
Don't confuse both, thanks.

There is no magic in Christianity. Thank you.

Many of the magicians, around the world are Christians. David Copperfields here in USA, is a noted magician. You will rarely find a muslim, claiming to be a magician. Islamically, magic practitioners are supposed to be killed. What is the ruling in your Bible? Maybe you wanna concentrate your answer exclusively from the New Testament. (Let me copy you; Thank you).

It goes to show the authenticity of the ahadith that talks about only one sect/group of muslims will enter Paradise without ever entering hell. Of course the 72 others and the whole of Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc and Agnostics and Atheists will enter hell. Some Muslism will remain because they were hypocrites in the matters of religion on earth.

@Aloy_Emeka:

Amulets no be juju?

na moslems dey always carryam now. Those hadjia women that sells jewelry have it all over them.

I hear you, sisi. But I like that name, Emeka. They, the hadjia and people like them are because of their amulets, have shown their lukewarmness in the religion of Islam.

@Deepzone:

Adedibu, Alao Akala, Arisekola Alao, Abacha(had 500 babalawos from across africa in his dais in asorock), you want more muslims involved with juju?

Now, those who are dead amongst them, their cases are with Allah Almight alone. For those who are still alive among them, I pray that they desist from this unislamic thing.

Deepzone, do you notice that the muslims on Nairaland are not in support of it, while the Christians are the ones who started this wierd thread and have supported it, in one form or the other? That includes the guy who feels naked without a cruxifix hanging from his neck.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by tpia: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2008
anyone relying on the sacrificing of goats for protection, are also in danger of eventually suffering the same fate as a goat.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by thetruth90: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2008
I carry a lot of amulets with me wherever I go. If christians see nothing bad in carrying bibles about, and muslims feel free to carry the quran, then why can't I take my amulets along with me? It gives me the protection I need wherever I am.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by lucabrasi(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2008
olabowale:

@lucabrasi: And every idea that resulted in idol worshipping began just as harmlessly as ornamental in value, etc. And when you make it sign on your person and or kisses it, it is a form of reverence, part of a belief system of worship.

I use tesbi'u to count. I do not use it all the time. I can use any form of counter. I use my fingers, all the time. You will then realise that no muslim thinks that Tesbi'u is important to religion or worship. It is not the same with your Cruxifix, since you feel "naked," without it.

oh i see,so if the rappers were to make platinum chains in form of your tesibiu and maybe have a naked girl put it on or something similar,wont there be a fatwa on them?how many of them use the cruxifix even in their videos e.t.c
fair enough you might use your fingers to count,but the fact still remains that the moslems revere their tesibius much more than an average christian sees the cruxifix,especially as its become so fashionable these days even moslems wear cruxifix.

i feel "naked"without wearing it not because its a sign of reverence but something i have gotten used to wearing,same as i.e a wedding ring,wrist watch hand chain,bracelet e.t.c
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2008
anyone relying on the sacrificing of goats for protection, are also in danger of eventually suffering the same fate as a goat.

Roflmao
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2008

Now, those who are dead amongst them, their cases are with Allah Almight alone. For those who are still alive among them, I pray that they desist from this unislamic thing.

Deepzone, do you notice that the muslims on Nairaland are not in support of it, while the Christians are the ones who started this wierd thread and have supported it, in one form or the other? That includes the guy who feels naked without a cruxifix hanging from his neck

What is this fatwaist doing here?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Lady2(f): 12:38am On Aug 09, 2008
Isn't this a Christian section and the Poster is a christian? I want to hear your voice, today. Unfailingly. Today and not tomorrow. You hear, woman. And don't bring that stubbornness on the phone. park it prior to dialling. lol. Nigeria woman.

Correction it is not a Christian section, it is a eligion section. The only religion that has it's own section is Islam. The rest of us share. Or maybe you haven't seen other postings that have nothing to do with Chrisitanity.

The posters did not say that they are Christians. Not only Christians post in the religion section, clearly you are posting, don't forget that the atheist are posting here too and starting topics.

So once again did the posters have a banner that said that they were Christians? No they did not. STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS.

LOLOLOL, thanks jare. You can post more if you want, it's a free forum.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 2:12am On Aug 09, 2008
@~Lady~:
« #20 on: Today at 12:38:28 AM »
Correction it is not a Christian section, it is a eligion section. The only religion that has it's own section is Islam. The rest of us share. Or maybe you haven't seen other postings that have nothing to do with Chrisitanity.
How many religions that are on Nairaland? And by the way, what will you give me, if I can show you statements from Christians telling me to go to Muslim sections, because I am in Christian section? Am waiting.

The posters did not say that they are Christians. Not only Christians post in the religion section, clearly you are posting, don't forget that the atheist are posting here too and starting topics.

The poster of this amulet thread is not muslim either. I am comfortable to say that he is Christian, because only Christians start wierd religious thread. The atheist and agnostics engage people, but not through a silly more diabolic thread like this one.

So once again did the posters have a banner that said that they were Christians? No they did not. STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS.

The starter of this Amulet thread is Christian. Lets wager, if you are sure. lol. And I did not jump to conclusion in this case. Finally, no one has to carry anything, before you know they are what they are, because actions and words speak clearer than banner. A true muslim is known by the mark of prostrations, and the light or glow of the face, especially after Salah.

You should try it. Only if I can get you to relax, pretending to be a nun, but cover up more than do.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 09, 2008
@ poster, for what?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 6:30am On Aug 09, 2008

Don't mind them. Their troublesome behind has been deported to a sharia section, yet they intrude here to see how christians and others are progressing. I thought they are happy and contented with their faith? Why all these poke nosing in the affairs of christians and christianity? curiosity will lead them to Christ one day and that is my prayer.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by samba123(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2008
if you tell that to the police if they carry amulets? the answer is yes Bulletproof vest that is the latest. grin
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by MrCrackles(m): 11:31am On Aug 09, 2008
Amulets ke?! grin

Nah not for me,too fetish for my liking! grin
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2008
@Deepzone:
« #23 on: Today at 06:30:12 AM »
Don't mind them. Their troublesome behind has been deported to a sharia section, yet they intrude here to see how christians and others are progressing. I thought they are happy and contented with their faith? Why all these poke nosing in the affairs of christians and christianity? curiosity will lead them to Christ one day and that is my prayer.

Deepzone, you know that the others as you stated, are just unrecognized group. I have been inviting Huxley to dialogue with me in the so called Muslim section, or privately via emails. He has not responded yet.

Interestingly, you ended up talking as if the section actually now belongs to the Christians, since the muslims now have a section. I make this statement when you write, poke nosing in the affairs of christians and chrsitainity? And curiousity will lead them to Christ. These statement are the telling signs.

If am correct, then who is right, you or ~Lady~ who denies it?

Need a vacation? visit Orolu kingdom.
http://orolu.osunstate.gov.ng/

How do I get there? I seems like a fun place? lol.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Pataki: 5:35pm On Aug 09, 2008
Christ has always and will always be my source of strength and defense.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Lady2(f): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2008
The poster of this amulet thread is not muslim either. I am comfortable to say that he is Christian, because only Christians start wierd religious thread. The atheist and agnostics engage people, but not through a silly more diabolic thread like this one.

No ne made the assupmtion or claim that they were muslims. Then you are quite immature in your finding. For someone who handles millions of dollars, it is hard to believe that you make such an immature assumption. Not only Christians start weird religious threads, a lot of atheists do so and so do muslims.
There are also secular people too, thanks. Don't be quick to label anyone a Christian thanks.

The starter of this Amulet thread is Christian. Lets wager, if you are sure. lol.

You don't get it do you. It is about making assumptions, they did not in anyway post a banner that said that they are Christians. In case you forget we are in a forum, it is not like you can see them. You can't just jump to conclusions when you feel like it.

And I did not jump to conclusion in this case

Did they tell you that they are Christians in this thread?

A true muslim is known by the mark of prostrations, and the light or glow of the face, especially after Salah.

I know too many muslims who adhere to the rules in islam and they look he same before and after salah. a lot of them are in Nigeria. I grew up around muslims and knew when they were observig something. They had no glow, they were still as black as ever and dull too.

You should try it. Only if I can get you to relax, pretending to be a nun, but cover up more than do.

No thanks. I actually like my freedom rather than bondage. So nope thank you. Oh yeah I also like truth and not lies. I also like a Holy Book that doesn't contradict history and itself rather than one that does all the time. I also like worshipping a God that doesn't change his mind when he wants to proving how human he is and not divine.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by huxley(m): 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
I have the ability of confer protection from illness, ill-luck, poverty, violent incidents (car crashes, gun-shots, etc). If you send me some money I shall send your the bracelet on which these powers have been inscribed.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2008
@~Lady~: Instead of trying to guess, we can ask the poster, if he/she is a christian? That will settle it, wouldn'y you agree with me?

I know too many muslims who adhere to the rules in islam and they look he same before and after salah. a lot of them are in Nigeria. I grew up around muslims and knew when they were observig something. They had no glow, they were still as black as ever and dull too.

No one says that a muslim will change color. But there is a shine or a glow to the face of a muslim, after salah. I will show it to you, when I see you. You will observe the faces of muslim women, immediately they come out of salah. The dull is only your own opinion. I have asked people to remember their own faces before they become muslim, and observe it, immediately they become muslim. There is a noticeable difference between the two. Your memory of the Nigerian muslims have faded some. Remember you were young then. What is shine/glow to you then is more of bleaching the skin. Now that you are a woman, the issue is the same. I aught to know about Islamic glow/shine after salah, than you.

[Quote]
No thanks. I actually like my freedom rather than bondage. So nope thank you. Oh yeah I also like truth and not lies. I also like a Holy Book that doesn't contradict history and itself rather than one that does all the time. I also like worshipping a God that doesn't change his mind when he wants to proving how human he is and not divine.
[/quote]

Girl, you are feisty. And Islam will liberate you from the curse of Genesis that is transferred and the original sin because of eating of the fruit of the apple tree. Then how do you explain the Old Testament God, versus the New Testament God, if you are talking about "does'nt change His mind when He wants to prove how "human" he is and not devine?" Woman, what are you talking about here? God proving that He is human? The Jews will like to hear about this, because they did not know it when Jesus was alive; the singular reason they wanted to kill him. Am listening to your argument, woman.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by KarmaMod(f): 10:08pm On Aug 09, 2008
You will then realise that no muslim thinks that Tesbi'u is important to religion or worship.

That's not true as I've yet to see one who doesnt use it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CAN Is A Disgrace! Threatening El Rufai. Nigerian Christians, Boycott CAN!! / 2nd Wife, 3rd Wife Etc Are Prostitute And Their Children Are Under Curses / Alas! Its A Blood-oath Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.