Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Do You Carry Amulets? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Carry Amulets? (2645 Views)

Drama As Juju Woman Appears In Church With Charms And Amulets Around Her (photo) / PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by ikamefa(f): 10:11pm On Aug 09, 2008
amulet ke? shocked @ topic is tirah ( dont know the english word for it) also amulets?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2008
It is common knowledge that muslims use amulets and charms . . . from rings to tesbiu. Olabowale can crow as loudly as he wants. Islam is slowly being exposed as the creation of the devil.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by dudu19(m): 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2008
I reckon this topic has nothin to do wit religion, and i believe every

religion has its own devices so its better we talk the topic or move on angry angry
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by lucabrasi(m): 12:28am On Aug 10, 2008
ikamefa:

is tirah ( don't know the english word for it) also amulets?
yes it is undoubtedly without any shadow of doubt,confirmed and authentic
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 1:42am On Aug 10, 2008
@Davidylan:

It is common knowledge that muslims use amulets and charms . . . from rings to tesbiu. Olabowale can crow as loudly as he wants. Islam is slowly being exposed as the creation of the devil.

Which devil, dave? The same devil we say audhu billahi minal shaitani rajim against? Be serious man. Is there an equivalent phrase in any other religion like the curse that Islam pronounces against shaitan, as written above?

The muslims who have amulets are copying the ways of the Kufar; eg, Christians, and others.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Lady2(f): 2:14am On Aug 10, 2008
@~Lady~: Instead of trying to guess, we can ask the poster, if he/she is a christian? That will settle it, wouldn'y you agree with me?

I have no interest in whether the poster is muslim, Christian, buddhist or whatever, it has nothing to do with the topic. Instead of being mature and discussing the topic, you shift it to bashing the Christians. That is what is so upsetting especially after the poster did not state whether or not he or she is Christian.
You are supposed to be an elderly man, yet you result too such low and immature tactics. It's really stupid.

There was no need in mentioning Christians or muslims or atheists or witches, point is "do you carry amulets?" u could have answered the question or ignored it, rather than turning it into a find a fault in Christianity parade.
Grow Up. Act your age for a change.

No one says that a muslim will change color. But there is a shine or a glow to the face of a muslim, after salah. I will show it to you, when I see you.

No thanks, you might think I am the Christian that allah gives to you to kill so that you will make it to heaven. So if you will please excuse me I will stick to the religion that doesn't think killing is the "in" thing to do or that killing will lead you to heaven.

You will observe the faces of muslim women, immediately they come out of salah. The dull is only your own opinion.

I have and they look just the same. I know you want to see shine shine iyawos so you can have your pick on which one to marry now or fantasize if they will resemble the ones allah will give you in heaven so that you can ravage them and they will still remain a virgin.

Your memory of the Nigerian muslims have faded some. Remember you were young then. What is shine/glow to you then is more of bleaching the skin

Please recognise that I am not one of your "less intelligent" muslim sisters. Don't come here telling me something about me when you don't know me. I know what a woman's glow looks like I am a woman and I have a glow, and every woamn's glow is uniquely hers. Bleaching of the skin makes a woman look less human. Don't insult my memories.

Girl, you are feisty. And Islam will liberate you from the curse of Genesis that is transferred and the original sin because of eating of the fruit of the apple tree.

Liberate me to where? To the less intelligent gender that gets blamed for the sins of men? Or the one who won't make it to heaven because of their gender? Or the one that can't express herself and have to adopt a new identity? Or the one who has to share her husband with other women? Or the one who can be raped and be blamed for being reaped? Or the one who can be divorced at the say of the phrase "I divorce you" meanwhile she can't do that to her husband? Or the one who gets killed because she decides to have a voice? Or the one who is a second class citizen? Or the one who's vote is half of a man's? Or the one who's witness is always considered to be less credible even if she saw it with her own two eyes and the man didn't?

To where I beg of you tell me? To bondage? GOD FORBID HIS BEAUTIFUL CREATION TO SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF EVIL!!!!

I am already liberated, thank you. I am already liberated by God himself, so I have no need for anything less than HIM!!!

Then how do you explain the Old Testament God, versus the New Testament God, if you are talking about "does'nt change His mind when He wants to prove how "human" he is and not devine?"

Please don't misquote me. I said proving how human he is and not divine and I was talking about allah, not Jesus Christ, go back and read.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by KarmaMod(f): 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
~Lady~:

Liberate me to where? To the less intelligent gender that gets blamed for the sins of men? Or the one who won't make it to heaven because of their gender? Or the one that can't express herself and have to adopt a new identity? Or the one who has to share her husband with other women? Or the one who can be raped and be blamed for being reaped? Or the one who can be divorced at the say of the phrase "I divorce you" meanwhile she can't do that to her husband? Or the one who gets killed because she decides to have a voice? Or the one who is a second class citizen? Or the one who's vote is half of a man's? Or the one who's witness is always considered to be less credible even if she saw it with her own two eyes and the man didn't?

Dont forget freedom of being able to join the Olympics without people sending threat deaths all in the name of being a female
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by agaba123(m): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2008
what is the meaning of amulet?

I know 'amu' is privates in my language. Does it mean mini-dicks?

Can one still call it dicklets?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2008
@KarmaMod:
Where are you in NY (New York)? I will like to direct you to a masjid (Mosque) near you, so that you can see many who do not use it. I for one, don't use it.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2008
@KarmaMod:
Where are you in NY (New York)? I will like to direct you to a masjid (Mosque) near you, so that you can see many who do not use it. I for one, don't use it.

You are always looking for whom to direct to your mosque.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by samba123(m): 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2008
DeepZone:

You are always looking for whom to direct to your mosque.

did you get educated to this kind of argument regarding amulet. what amulet do you have? in carrrying to protect you forever?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by KarmaMod(f): 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2008
Just because you don't doesnt mean many do not

My secondary school years were in Ibadan. The largest population of Yoruba Muslims. They many I've seen and KNOW used it.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by tpia: 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
olabowale:

@KarmaMod:

big liar.

have you ever had your fellow imam chalk/write down some koranic verses and rinse the writing into a bottle for your use?
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by umayjolly(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
plz all NAIRALAND FAMILY go and check ur RESULT,
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
@Deepzone: Thats my job. When you make  statement that is incorrect, you should be directed to the truth. Just the same way i asked you how do I get to Orolu kingdom, I am the one to direct you, KarmaMod, and ~lady~ to the Masjid.

@~Lady~:« #37 on: Yesterday at 02:14:55 AM »  
[Quote]
I have no interest in whether the poster is muslim, Christian, buddhist or whatever, it has nothing to do with the topic. Instead of being mature and discussing the topic, you shift it to bashing the Christians. That is what is so upsetting especially after the poster did not state whether or not he or she is Christian.
You are supposed to be an elderly man, yet you result too such low and immature tactics. It's really stupid.
[/quote]

And the truth bites so hard.

There was no need in mentioning Christians or muslims or atheists or witches, point is "do you carry amulets?" u could have answered the question or ignored it, rather than turning it into a find a fault in Christianity parade.
Grow Up. Act your age for a change.

And yet you have not taking me up on my challenge to know if the poster is a christian or not?

[Quote]
No thanks, you might think I am the Christian that allah gives to you to kill so that you will make it to heaven. So if you will please excuse me I will stick to the religion that doesn't think killing is the "in" thing to do or that killing will lead you to heaven.
[/quote]

And I do not have to kill anyone, before i make it to Paradise. Thats not the prerequisite for Islam. Unlike the Christian that there must be a spill of blood, and that of jesus is the altimate. I thought we were friends and we see that the Qur'an is correct in its injuctions. Your statement reminded me of some Nigerian people who i was friendly with in the 90s.

One of them came to my home and realising for the first time that i am a muslim, was telling the other one to not argue with me that i may pull out a dagger!  I and everyone was shocked. I wonder how anyone could conclude that quickly, without any presidence? You just did the same. Very shameful on your part.

[Quote]
I have and they look just the same. I know you want to see shine shine iyawos so you can have your pick on which one to marry now or fantasize if they will resemble the ones allah will give you in heaven so that you can ravage them and they will still remain a virgin.
[/quote]

When you were 10 years old, your perception is different from what it is, today. Now tell me when was the last time you say a muslim woman prayer and then look at her face, to see whether it glows or not? And sex between husband and a wife is now ravaging by the man? Wow, woman. Na you sabi.

[Quote]
Please recognise that I am not one of your "less intelligent" muslim sisters. Don't come here telling me something about me when you don't know me. I know what a woman's glow looks like I am a woman and I have a glow, and every woamn's glow is uniquely hers. Bleaching of the skin makes a woman look less human. Don't insult my memories.
[/quote]

Now tell me how you remember things at the age of 10, compared to your age now? Please give me a break. At 10 you couldn't know the difference of a woman glowing from bloating!

[Quote]

To where I beg of you tell me? To bondage? GOD FORBID HIS BEAUTIFUL CREATION TO SUFFER AT THE HANDS OF EVIL!!!!

I am already liberated, thank you. I am already liberated by God himself, so I have no need for anything less than HIM!!!
[/quote]

Not yet liberated from having a 3 for 1, if you ask me. That is the altimate liberation you are yet to get. then you need to be liberated from original sin, the curse of childbearing, the curse of having your husband rule over you, and you objectifying him, and at least not been blame as in " it is the woman you put with me, " Come on girl, you know the deal. Read your Bible. They said you can uncover your head around your husband. How do you go to bed? It is senseless.

[Quote]
Please don't misquote me. I said proving how human he is and not divine and I was talking about allah, not Jesus Christ, go back and read.
[/quote]

Now go back and discuss the jewish one God and your Christian 3 god personalities. Is that not change of mind? If you are correct that that is not change of mind, ask me anything, and InshaAllah, i will give it as a reward. If not i will make my demand to you. Deal or no deal? lol.

Read your own entries. Then make a good recollection of your acute memory.

@Tpia;

big liar.

have you ever had your fellow imam chalk/write down some koranic verses and rinse the writing into a bottle for your use?

Maybe you are mistaking for somebody else. I do not follow any group and do not like or drink anything. I read Qur'an, recite Quran over what ever I want to effectuate. That all. I am not a Tijani or anything like that. Now, you are the bigger liar.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by KarmaMod(f): 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
ot yet liberated from having a 3 for 1, if you ask me. That is the altimate liberation you are yet to get. then you need to be liberated from original sin, the curse of childbearing, the curse of having your husband rule over you, and you objectifying him, and at least not been blame as in " it is the woman you put with me, " Come on girl, you know the deal. Read your Bible. They said you can uncover your head around your husband. How do you go to bed? It is senseless.

This doesnt make any sense whatsoever. What does this have to do with

i
berate me to where? To the less intelligent gender that gets blamed for the sins of men? Or the one who won't make it to heaven because of their gender? Or the one that can't express herself and have to adopt a new identity? Or the one who has to share her husband with other women? Or the one who can be raped and be blamed for being reaped? Or the one who can be divorced at the say of the phrase "I divorce you" meanwhile she can't do that to her husband? Or the one who gets killed because she decides to have a voice? Or the one who is a second class citizen? Or the one who's vote is half of a man's? Or the one who's witness is always considered to be less credible even if she saw it with her own two eyes and the man didn't?

You completely ignored all this to make some response that doesnt make any sense.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 12:25am On Aug 12, 2008
KarmaMod: Read our dialogue from the beginning. She said liberate and not berated! Then I said Not yet liberated. You in your slickster style changed everything. Put everything into a tail spin. Where are you in the city. send me your email and I will send you my number and you can call.
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by KarmaMod(f): 2:42am On Aug 12, 2008
How did I change everything? You never even replied what she wrote
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by DeepZone: 4:15am On Aug 12, 2008
did you get educated to this kind of argument regarding amulet. what amulet do you have? in carrrying to protect you forever?

Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by samba123(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2008
DeepZone:

Deepzone are now confusing were is the amulet that give you guidance everyday  grin
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by olabowale(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2008
@KarmaMod:

How did I change everything? You never even replied what she wrote

Since you did not get me, and maybe ~Lady~ did not as well, she, you and everyone of the beautiful and not so beautiful, if there is any in the house, Christian dames need to be liberated by Islam of One Supreme God, from 3 in 1 mini-gods. Now read all that I said will be the other things you will find in the Bible that Islam will liberate you ladies from. (being under your husband as our focus of respect, while he is not obligated to respect you, the pain of childbearing because of your original sin, Adam statement of, its this woman you put here with me,, !).
Re: Do You Carry Amulets? by Gamine(f): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2008
Amulet?

Amule ke ke

If the Bible na Amulet, i dey carry am o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer / OVERVIEW: Where Was God Before Genesis Chapter 1?' / Is It Good To Drink Water While Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.