Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! (33981 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This! / Marital Infidelity, Divorce, And The Untold Story Of Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by vanstanzy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
SagePius :
In as much as I would like to support this prescription. I think this prescription must be given with cautions. If what obtains in America and other places where spouses were privilege to claim alimony and share in the richer person's estate is allowed in Nigeria, you will find lots of one weeks old marriages. People will be getting into marriage for cash. And two, it will encourage divorce causing more havoc in this already complicated world. What we need now is a law that will make it more diffic
ult for spouses to think of divorce. It's destroyed so many kids, the world is heading towards a social disaster if the epidemic of divorce goes on unchecked. God bless Nigeria. Peace!
1000 likes for u.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Tallesty1(m): 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Try this in Nigeria and you will see something like this in papers.
"the 29yrs old girl who recently divorced her 6th husband is inlove again". Everything is business.

I don't wana talk much about promiscus woman deserving a share of the spoilt. You promised her marriage, so what? If you 4ck up u don 4ck up be that and nothing is for you. Almost all the people who came out of egypt didnt reach the land God promised them, why? Bkoz they messed up 4 road. Even moses no reach so 4get promise.

3 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
All these western culture creeping in sef angry
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Homar(m): 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
as a husband i hustle everyday to earn money to feed you and d kids pay house rent pay children school fees pay nepa bills pay every goddammn thing because as men we take it on ourselves to do so . And the unfaitful wife dey cheat on me and the worst part be say i no do anything wrong as i dey provide for her every need both emotionally physically and sexually and as i come find out say she dey cheat on me i come divorce her una won come tell me say she won collect settlement money unto divide d money 50-50 pay alimoney and child support (child wey be say na u single handedly dey support am since una dey married) and fight for child courstody ? ? ? ? Na him be say nigerian men go settle for concubines and not wives .

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by patostation(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
The general assumption here is that women are always on the receiving end in matters of separation and divorce. But I have seen cases where a man loses all to a diabolic, cunning and vengeful wife. I have see cases where wives use their husband's resources to build costly mansions without the husband's knowledge. A former lady colleague of mine has confided in me that two of her siblings were sent abroad by her without the husband's knowledge. I have seen a wife who's joint account with the husband is under N100,000 while her personal account was reading over a million. I do not support how some men and their families treat ex-wives. But many women come into marriages with a "we versus them" attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by grandstar(m): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
when adenuga divorced his 1st wife heard he got custody of all 4kids and even the one in the womb!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Snoggy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Where the hell is the OP? OP just posted nonsense and left.

. . .the MOD who put this on frontpage didn't do well.

The OP's agenda is to promote rebellion, promiscuity, and she's also trying to rub the spirit of ignorance and sheer stupïdity on people.

How will a sensible person request that a promiscuous woman gets half the wealth of her ex husband when she's been divorced as a result of her promiscuity? ...not that they even have a joint business oh... chei!

Gaddemit!

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Theblessed(f): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
[size=16pt]News in my Ears!

Are we dreaming? Perhaps!

I hope Nigerian entrenched culutures will change one day to recognise that a women have Rights in everything concerning their lives and make amends - that day will be celebrated in heaven.

As for me, am only sorry, for my sisters back home - as my guy here, knows the boundaries and how much I can take!
[/size]
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by emeka50: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
It is quite pathetic that all the praise singers or advocate for the enhancement of sharing the divorce cake are all women or girls, soon they will advocate for the enhancement of Lesbian enjoyment. Why don't u @op go and marry a yankee man and leave we Nigeriains in peace ? Since we naija men don't won't to share !
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Walexsammy(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Theblessed: [size=16pt]News in my Ears!

Are we dreaming? Perhaps!

I hope Nigerian entrenched culutures will change one day to recognise that a women have Rights in everything concerning their lives and make amends - that day will be celebrated in heaven.

As for me, am only sorry, for my sisters back home - as my guy here, knows the boundaries and how much I can take!
[/size]
story

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by grandstar(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
When adenuga divorced his 1st wife he got custody of all 4kids and even the 1 in the womb! My friend sent his wife of 4kids packing because of adultery without d 4. Funny thing is that i suspect d ex started double dealing because of my pal's infidelity
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by paris10: 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
I see a lot of opinions spiralling about without the need for an in depth findings on the suffering of Nigerian women in the hands of their supposedly husbands.

Do not misconstrue my write-up and base it on an opinionated ideology. What percentage of women do you know who are being treated harshly by their husbands? Or which research have you conducted on domestic violence?

Nigerian men are egocentric and self-centred...controlling their women like a robot and brainwashing them to accept abuse as a norm. Now that this issue of compensation has been raised, men are going defensive and voicing out their frustration on this idea. Maybe if you treat your women right you wont have the fear of divorce with benefit!
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by LAGATA(m): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
what if its the wife that wants to be divorced? where i come from (North) the women see divorce as a part of Marriage. she doesnt believe in for 'better for worse'. With just a minor disagreement u will hear her begging the husband to divorce her.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Snoggy(m): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
paris10: I see a lot of opinions spiralling about without the need for an in depth findings on the suffering of Nigerian women in the hands of their supposedly husbands.

Do not misconstrue my write-up and base it on an opinionated ideology. What percentage of women do you know who are being treated harshly by their husbands? Or which research have you conducted on domestic violence?

Nigerian men are egocentric and self-centred...controlling their women like a robot and brainwashing them to accept abuse as a norm. Now that this issue of compensation has been raised, men are going defensive and voicing out their frustration on this idea. Maybe if you treat your women right you wont have the fear of divorce with benefit!

You're so pained. Your posts portrays you as one bitter fellow. Why are you beefing Nigerian men?

Stop being silly, please. Quit the generalization. You're too old to be kvetching.
angry
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Walexsammy(m): 9:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
paris10: I see a lot of opinions spiralling about without the need for an in depth findings on the suffering of Nigerian women in the hands of their supposedly husbands.

..stop making noise and read this post www.nairaland.com/1582755/what-sort-devilish-wife-did
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Negation: 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2014

What should it be based on then? Your 'objective' ideology? Have YOU conducted research on domestic violence? If your thread was on the women who have suffered from domestic violence why did you add the issue of cheating? I knew there was nothing rational to see here.

Enjoy your FP.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by nitlad: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
This OP nor get sense. . . Shey na like this dem take dey convene PITY PARTY? undecided

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Naijamericana: 10:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Homar: as a husband i hustle everyday to earn money to feed you and d kids pay house rent pay children school fees pay nepa bills pay every goddammn thing because as men we take it on ourselves to do so . And the unfaitful wife dey cheat on me and the worst part be say i no do anything wrong as i dey provide for her every need both emotionally physically and sexually and as i come find out say she dey cheat on me i come divorce her una won come tell me say she won collect settlement money unto divide d money 50-50 pay alimoney and child support (child wey be say na u single handedly dey support am since una dey married) and fight for child courstody ? ? ? ? Na him be say nigerian men go settle for concubines and not wives .

Na wa o...ehe...tell all dis agaracha gurls oh...
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Naijamericana: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2014

And the ones wey go don cheat nko? abi you don forget about di runz girls wey dey pretend like say de bi good women...abeg talk better thing
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pamcrest: Divorce is usually a bitter experience and d woman tends to lose out as d op opined. I think we need to educate our women about being financially independent even if married. Many women tend to depend majorly on their hubby even for d littlest of things.
Woman pls try n save money as much as u can if u are employed. If u are not, save from d money he gives u....don't blow everything on vanities....save for a rainy day. We pray for an enduring marriage but poo happens!
It may not be divorce, it may even be d death of d husband, so what then happens, esp with d family hawks hovering around to pounce on d man's property. Woman, be wise!
My humble submission
In as much as I like and agree with your comment, I would like to advice ladies to pray for a good man...pray to marry into a good family....and pray for an enduring marriage and don't go thinking about divorce. Divorce is not a good option...don't make plans for it...plan for good and you will have the best. Be financially independent, save and invest as a married lady but not just because of: if your husband divorces you or dies cos whatever you plan for will surely happen with time...most ladies that lose their hubbies or get divorced do crop the idea of fear of death or divorce....a study has showed this. So avoid thinking about it...same way, if you dont want to be a victim of accident, dont think about accident when you are inside a moving car...focus on getting to your destination in peace than cropping an inner fear in your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by chessguru1(m): 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
paris10: Even in cases where the woman is found to be promiscuous and the husband want out, adequate measure should be put in place to make sure she share from the spoils.

Married women deserve better and should be treated better.
What sort of none sense is this??
Share what after doing what outside.
So after breaking my heart, she should also join and break my account bah?
Op respect ya self abeg angry
Gender equality gender equality.....why can't they share the one they have with us??
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by coogar: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2014

suffering of the nigerian women? arrant nonsense!!! is your mom suffering? cos mine isn't.

what percentage of men do you know who are being cheated on by their wives. paternity fraud in nigeria is rife. many men are raising bastärds & you have the hutzpah to be writing nonsense. swedish authorities should deport you back to nigeria.

if such draconian laws were to be enforced, men will simply not marry. sex is cheap in nigeria & there are millions of baby factories in nigeria so it's your loss. men are not even that crazy about the whole marriage business - it's you women that elbow each other at wedding reception when the bride throws her bouquet.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by loverboi(m): 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
That is why Nigerian women should start being dependent and start working!
Most of this ladies are not working infact you expect your man should start fending for you even when you start dating, you want him to buy u phone, pay your house rent, give u money to make your hair and still give u pocket money, and u expect not to be heart broken when he leaves you, d heart break won't be the failed marriage/emotions it will be d burden of whom will pay the bills!
When it comes to other things like paying bills then women will tell us Men are the provider but when it comes to other enjoyment things, they'll want Gender equality!
Nigeria can never be like US or UK , coz there's no ANGELINA JOLIE that will buy an island for BRAD PITT here, have u ever heard of any rich woman/lady in Nigeria to ever buy expensive things for their man? No, all they do is take, take and take!!!
U wouldn't expect me to share my properties with the woman whom I take care of that dosent work, ohh, u want me to buy her everything and still share my properties with her when sending her packing because she didn't give me rest of mind? God forbid!
In conclusion, ladies start working, and don't expect ur man to do everytin for u, or shut up!

2 Likes

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Snoggy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
LOL.

I love Coogar's brain.... grin grin
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Sagamite(m): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
paris10: As in the norms in Nigeria, women who get divorced or are been thrown out of their matrimonial homes by their husbands tend to lose out alot.

Even in domestic violence cases, women who couldnt take the violence any longer divorce the husband without sharing in the property.

Though Nigeria is not UK, US or other western countries where women share in the estate or property of the husband after divorce, Nigerian men should atleast take responsibility in making sure the woman they divorce would be well-off after letting her go.

Laws should also be put in place to reward any woman whose husband left her for someone else. Even in cases where the woman is found to be promiscuous and the husband want out, adequate measure should be put in place to make sure she share from the spoils.

Even though I agree with the philosophy that Nigerian women should not be left destitute because of divorce, the bolded part is reetarded.

Why should people be rewarded because someone is not interested in them anymore? But you think the woman should be rewarded if she cheats? What a moronic statement. If you feel those should be rewarded, you go and reward them.

People should get from relationships after divorce what they put in and their opportunity cost and not one penny more except the other party willfully offers.

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Curiouscity(m): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
OP, thou art WICKED!!

If this ever happened in Nigeria, 75% of marriages in Nigeria will end in divorce court. Nigerians have been trained to be opportunists!!

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Sagamite(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
paris10:
Promiscuity shouldnt form basis of your argument. You should consider other possibilities and senseless reasons why men divorce women.

The macho man and the " I am the owner of this house" syndrome is the only reason why Nigerian men behave this callously. If Nigerian men start parting with half of their property maybe they will think twice before filing for a divorce.

There is nothing like senseless reasons when you don't want to be with someone. If you are not interested in them anymore, you should be free to walk away.

Or you think na by force?
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Dantedasz(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
paris10:
Even in cases where the woman is found to be promiscuous and the husband want out, adequate measure should be put in place to make sure she share from the spoils.

I just can't wrap my head around the kind of sick mind that conceived and posted this load of crappola and the silly person that recommended this for the front page.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Sagamite(m): 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
davidylan:

why is it the man's responsibility to make sure the woman is well-off after divorce? Doesnt she know how to work?

Well said.

That is just another moronic attitude of entitlement.

1 Like

Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Sagamite(m): 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
Reading more of this woman's moronic rants, I think she is just vomiting moronic opinions to get a reaction.

Surely no one can be that reetarded.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by logica(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
LMAO @ the backlash.
Re: Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! by Alexgeneration(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
davidylan:

why is it the man's responsibility to make sure the woman is well-off after divorce? Doesnt she know how to work?
my guy no mind these people.leave them make them dey rant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Husband Is A Serial Adulterer, He Slept With My Sister – Woman Tells Court / What do Your Parents Do When A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene / How Have You Been Able To Survive This Unfavorable Economy? Share Your Experienc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.