Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (1020 Views)

Monthly Most Active Member On Nairaland-Personal Opinion/Suggestion / Why We Must Live A Moral Life: A Nairalander Personal Opinion / What's Your Opinion About The Left Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by DWJOBScom(m): 11:42am On Jan 04, 2014
My father
said, ‘come and listen to her speak, her accent
has not changed; her English is audible and
she looks brave- you children travel for summer
and you come back with a different accent’.
Having an un-permed hair does not make
anyone look ‘chicky’ you don’t necessarily look
like an old woman but you look like those ladies
whose parents have little to be able to afford
human or ‘Brazilian hair’ and it does not always
make men see you as the clubbing type, you
apparently just look naïve to them
I have never met her before but she does not
look like a playful type to me(wonder what that
means self), she does not look like a lady that
would utter some words- I mean the ‘F’ word,
or those that purposefully wear mini skirts to
get attention- she really looks principled
She speaks without missing her words- you
might think its because she schooled in the
best schools or grew up with educated parents
but I believe she takes pride in herself- her
smile makes me think she keeps learning........
Continue from here
https://anastasiaruth./2012/08/08/my-personal-opinion-about-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-17-2/
Re: My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2014
I really enjoyed your simple write-up. Someone like her should be role model to Nigerian girls and not those "you-know-who".

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by DWJOBScom(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
Leo Adewale: I really enjoyed your simple write-up. Someone like her should be role model to Nigerian girls and not those "you-know-who".

Her character and simplicity makes her a cool personality.......the owner of the blog shares the same zeal towards bringing to live words and letters
Re: My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yeah, that's true

1 Like

Re: My Personal Opinion About Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by DWJOBScom(m): 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2014
II .................it looks like when you tell someone something
and they say hmm. I can’t imagine meeting
her (of course I will be star struck) but I can’t
imagine if I would want to speak.
I don’t know how to read her novels because I
find it hard reading anything more than a short story but before I read her work, I thought her stories would concern only village tales like that of a girl growing up and learning to make palm oil from palm kennel but I have been disappointed- she is good at story telling; her description of simple issues makes the art of writing beautiful. I can’t imagine her being a sales person- she leaves me wanting more- I
can’t wait for more short stories from her.
I really do respect her, despite my first thought of the her always appearing in native attires, with un-permed her, scarf tied covering her ears like the northern women and her natural colored lip that still shines. I hope I write better than her and I think it won’t be bad for most African ladies to go on their natural hair (am on mine and foreigners love it).
Who am I to share my opinions anyway, am
just a lady who adapted her her short story
“American Embassy” into a radio play, I have
never had an encounter with her but I do
admire her; not just because she’s Nigerian but because she is beautiful and she writes stories worth reading and do I have to say it, I admire her.

(1) (Reply)

The Violent Xenophobic Racism In Ireland / Dss Osun State.. / Cools Things You Can Do With Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.