Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? (7095 Views)

Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / I Wish To Send My Husband Back To Nigeria, He Irritates Me Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by rosebase(f): 7:30am On Jan 17, 2015
d lady needs help
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by kilimanjaro(m): 7:37am On Jan 17, 2015
What nonsense! This is one of the disadvantages of being too soft. Some men would have thrown that lady out in the middle of the night for being a threat to his family.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by 5minsmadness: 9:33am On Jan 17, 2015
kunyeo:
As a sequel to my earlier posting,there's a latest development. My father- in- law stormed our house unannounced today and I definitely knew the purpose. He went round and round coming to the conclusion that I allow my sister in law stay with us for some time.I stood my ground and he was about leaving,he gave the parting shot that the lady would stay with us.That was when I lost my cool,letting him know that he can only advise me, but not come and impose his decision on me in my own house.He felt offended that I was arrogant to have boasted that the house belongs to me.He left for his base.I tried apologising to him if I was rude,but frankly there were no ways to assert and express myself.
Dafuq?
My own house I paid for with my money?
angry

In fact. Op you are nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by LewsTherin: 11:55am On Jan 17, 2015
Hang on. I am yet to see what the wife's reaction to all this is. Sister-in-law is shameless. Father-in-law needs to be slapped. But no reaction from wifey who bears the brunt of the SIL's bitchyness? Please!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by damiso(f): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Oga I know it's kinda a face off now but your wife has to be the one who calls her family to order.Its not too wise of her to allow you be the one who has to face her family she is meant to be the mediator because as I always says no matter how we sugar coat she is their daughter.She is the one that grew up and spent the larger part of her early years with them.Even if they take offence with her it will be a bit more bearable than it coming from you.

Hand it over to your wife she is the one who needs to grow some spine and set her family straight(believe me I know what I am talking about and this is coming from someone whose parents word was law for most of her life)

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by pickabeau1: 2:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
Dont Back Down

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by otokx(m): 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
This our extended family model in Nigeria needs rejigging. Does the lady not go to work? Those saying buy 1 get 1 free have a strong point.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by soulglo: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
otokx:
This our extended family model in Nigeria needs rejigging. Does the lady not go to work? Those saying buy 1 get 1 free have a strong point.

Imagine!!! Responsible for a 36 year old woman. This has to be the joke of 2015. Even if he does get her a little studio he should only pay for like 6 months or so. She needs to take some responsibility for herself
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by 5minsmadness: 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
otokx:
The op is a nice person, that's all.
Father in law come to MY house to give ME orders? under MY roof??
Hahaha.
And his wife was quiet?

Hahaha.

I laugh well well.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by EfemenaXY: 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
kunyeo:
As a sequel to my earlier posting,there's a latest development. My father- in- law stormed our house unannounced today and I definitely knew the purpose. He went round and round coming to the conclusion that I allow my sister in law stay with us for some time.I stood my ground and he was about leaving,he gave the parting shot that the lady would stay with us.That was when I lost my cool,letting him know that he can only advise me, but not come and impose his decision on me in my own house.He felt offended that I was arrogant to have boasted that the house belongs to me.He left for his base.I tried apologising to him if I was rude,but frankly there were no ways to assert and express myself.

This comment was posted over a year ago.

Kunyeo, what's happened since then? Does your sister-in-law still live with you lot?
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Bigsteveg(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
mutter:
Just marry her. They have literally given her to you!
How could you let her pack in at the age of 31.

Just tell your wife you plan to marry her to make itt official and you will see how fast that sister-in-law is gone cheesy

U just solved the issue. @op do the bolded
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by cococandy(f): 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
mutter:

Just tell your wife you plan to marry her to make itt official and you will see how fast that sister-in-law is gone cheesy
grin grin
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by nnamdiosu(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2015
DankemzI:
She's insecure she feels safe in your home don't pursue her. She needs a "happy" family like yours

Last bullet:
Arrange a suitor for her. A good man with good qualities.

oga pls take time o. I am almost forced to ask ur age. (no offense pls) is op a match maker? or did he tell u that he doesn't have work to do other than looking for husband for a manner less and disrespectful woman. For Gods sake she is 36 years old with no future ambition. and since you are so concerned abt how her let op hook two of u together so u can marry her na. if op doesn't remove her she would remain in that houses till rapture or possibly cause problems BTW him and his wife. let her leave and go outside and face life. and see if her altitude wont change and she would be well mannered. op be wise.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by saintneo(m): 10:46am On Jan 19, 2015
mutter:

Wisdom

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Opiosko: 4:45am On Jan 20, 2015
mutter:

grin grin
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by maclatunji: 8:19am On Jan 20, 2015
DankemzI:
She's insecure she feels safe in your home don't pursue her. She needs a "happy" family like yours

Last bullet:
Arrange a suitor for her. A good man with good qualities.

Abi.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Thinkr(m): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
This is what you should have done one month after she first reached your house. I dislike dull men who can't forecast situation sad am smarter than this... Call the police
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by SapphireGlows: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
You sure there is nothing fishy going on in their family?
Why would it be okay for the father to be upset that you wanted the daughter that you didn't marry stay in your walls for half a decade?
Could it just be sisterly affection your wife has for her sister?
Generally, it is strange she has become too comfortable under your roof. If you perceive no ulterior motive, then you encourage her by taking your stance and insisting she doesn't stay but assist her with shelter. It might be hard initially but she'll thank you later.

Yours truly.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by kunyeo(m): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
About a year after,I would say the problem has been resolved.Let me correct some misconceptions.I am Yoruba and so are my in-laws.This is no Nollywood story as someone erroneously said on this forum.That is annoying!

Finally,I was able to rent a place for her to stay and after a week of feet -dragging.she finally moved to her new place.I even helped with the packing.Seeing some urgent needs for some renovation I was forced to even help,but strangely to the chagrin of my wife(women are strange).

A year after,my in-law is now on good terms with us.She now comes on some weekends to spend some time with us.

WHAT ARE THE LESSONS OF THIS EXPERIENCE?
1.When you make a stand,stick to it

2.You appreciate yourselves more ,when you are apart.

3.Dont allow anybody to dictate to you, how to run your home.

THANKS.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by cococandy(f): 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2015
Good for you smiley
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
kunyeo:
About a year after,I would say the problem has been resolved.Let me correct some misconceptions.I am Yoruba and so are my in-laws.This is no Nollywood story as someone erroneously said on this forum.That is annoying!

Finally,I was able to rent a place for her to stay and after a week of feet -dragging.she finally moved to her new place.I even helped with the packing.Seeing some urgent needs for some renovation I was forced to even help,but strangely to the chagrin of my wife(women are strange).

A year after,my in-law is now on good terms with us.She now comes on some weekends to spend some time with us.

WHAT ARE THE LESSONS OF THIS EXPERIENCE?
1.When you make a stand,stick to it

2.You appreciate yourselves more ,when you are apart.

3.Dont allow anybody to dictate to you, how to run your home.

THANKS.

Very very true, I think over a certain age we should not live with others. My sister inlaw that used to live with me used to drive me up the wall. Now she has moved we get on like a house on fire. Even my sister sef I don't want to live with.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by urchbarbie(f): 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
Lolx! Mehn u just took me back to lawskl kai! Dis was na Tenancy @sufferance abi na Tenancy by being inlaws. Lolx again
indigene:

She is what we call in my locality, bonus wife. First, what does she do to earn her living? If she is resourceful, you can legally eject her from your residence.
Issue her a quit 90 days quit notice and file same at the nearest court.
At the expiration of this quit notice, issue her again a 30 days notice,which at a day not less than 9am the court bailiff will proceed to eject her, by peaceful means or by force. As far as she is living with you, she falls legally as your tenant, and so by law,you don't have the right to eject her forcefully or orally
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by shitshappen(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2015
That awkward moment when u marry one, and they give you one as Jara. What more can I say bro? She is the bonus package.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Prefer An Enigmatic Spouse Or A Straight Forward One? / How Many Of Us Actually Say SORRY To Our Spouse? / Amazing Things Babies Do In The Womb (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.