Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,162 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? (2794 Views)

MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. / Favorite Wap Sites And What You Can Get Off Them. / List Of WAP Sites You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? by rufaai(m): 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2005
Is there any FREE International or Domestic GSM, WAP connection via Dialup?

Dear all,

I am kind of stocked in here cry. I am barred from connecting to WAP. I live in a place where there is no GPRS connection.

I wonder if I can get any dialup connection, either international or domestic. I don't care how much it costs.

<snip: don't solicit private contact>
Re: Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? by Seun(m): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2005
MTECH Mlife offers such a service, and you can connect to their service via and GSM network with CSD support. In Nigeria, that will be MTN, Vmobile and Glo-mobile (MTEL users like me don't have that option!)

MTECH MLife Settings:
WAP CSD [Helpline: 08032092013 or mlife@mtechcomm.com]
Name: Mlife
IP address: 192.168.077.153
Port: 9201
Username: mlife
Password: mtech
Phone Number: 08039002000
DNS/IP: Auto
Proxy Server Address: 192.168.077.153
Proxy Server Port: 9201
Connection Type: Dial Up/Analogue
Enable PPP Extensions: Yes

From GoSmartMobile
Re: Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? by Seun(m): 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2005
However, I wouldn't advice this, because the cost of using this service equivalent to the cost of calling an MTN number, and you are billed per second (or per minute) for a service that is quite slow.

That's roughly 40-50 naira per minute you'll be spending just to browse, compared to 100 per hour for a cyber-cafe, so I'll would advice you to just find a reliable cyber-cafe in your area and use it for now! What do you say?
Re: Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? by rufaai(m): 12:10am On Sep 04, 2005
Thanks Alot Seun,

I used Mtech before and it did'nt work with my glo line... but now, I've realise my mistake. I was using "mtech" as the username and "mlife" as the password.

Also, I dont need to go to a cafe to browse seun... I have a LAN connection in my house at my desk, quite 3years now... I dont go to Cafes at all.

Its just that i want to cary the whole net in my hand and walk around all day long...
Re: Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? by rufaai(m): 9:43am On Sep 06, 2005
The MTech did not work with my globacom number.... I dont think the Mlife allows other network do get the dial up number...

Please if you or anybody has another connection other than... Mlife, Mi World, Vmobile CSD or Vodafone. should please PM me. Because i have all this once and they didnt work....

Am stocked.
Re: Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? by sbucareer(f): 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2006
You can buy a data cable for you mobile phone and connect to Internet through it. This site is for Nokia data cable supplier. http://uk.shopping.com/xGS-nokia_data_cable~NS-1~linkin_id-7000347. You can google to find other phone makes
Re: Free GSM WAP Over Dialup (CSD) Service? by samson7216: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2008
can someone just tell me what this mlife is all about.am i going to be browsing on my phone or pc and the phone number that is there in the setttings is it my own number that i will put there or the one in the setting

(1) (Reply)

LG Phones???? Anyone???? / Tecno Camon 19 Vs Infinix Note 12 Comparison / Viber! A Free Calling And Messaging Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.