Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? (2316 Views)

SEE What This Lady Is Doing To Herself On Her Baby Daddy's Grave. / The Other Side Of The “story From The Grave” Ogochukwu Cecilia Onuchukwu Rip - T / Cry From The Grave - Ogo's Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
I read a thread about a lady that emotionally cheated on her husband via social media = 'Rekindling an old flame' but chose to keep it from her husband.

Anyway long story short hence my question ; would you confess infidelity to your spouse and 'face the music' OR rather 'take it to your grave' ?

Thank you as you give sincere answers.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by bluuu: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
if there s no consequence e.g std,preggy etc.one should take it to d grave

2 Likes

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
Thanks for your honesty Bluu & YPP
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by ypepe: 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Zip my mouth forever
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Mrsmansson(f): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
It would always be used as a reference
So Take it to the Grave
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by benedicta0(f): 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
I will not take it to the grave,I would confess in old age,like when i am in my nineties so that my mind will be free .
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
if ever... Lips better off sealed!

1 Like

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by bluuu: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
benedicta0: I will not take it to the grave,I would confess in old age,like when i am in my nineties so that my mind will be free .
i can also adopt this method
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by bukatyne(f): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Will confess

I will always be jumpy around hubby and will one day use my mouth to confess
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
Confess ke? ,why ll you want to dump your emotional baggage on someone else?the guilt you feel is your punishment.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 05, 2014
bukatyne: Will confess
I will always be jumpy around hubby and will one day use my mouth to confess

Sounds like what I'll do.

Byvan you're right, the guilt is enough to eat one alive. Reason why I choose to dump it on everybody ( including my parents & brothers to help me beg) instead. cheesy

My opinion.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
Judging from my kind of person, I will rather say and free my conscience except if hubby is the type that can't handle such. Even @ that I will say when the situation permits face the condequences of my actions.

2 Likes

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
For me to make up my mind to yansh outside, I'm ready to deal with the guilt!
So, hell no, he ain't knowing nada lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Tamunokepiriye(f): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
alutacontinua: For me to make up my mind to yansh outside, I'm ready to deal with the guilt!
So, hell no, he ain't knowing nada lipsrsealed

Exactly! kiss kiss
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by jeffizy(m): 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
"Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"

"Let sleeping Dogs lie"

I want to believe these popular quotes are applicable to this scenario.
The ripple effect of a confession might be to heavy to handle.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by ypepe: 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
Listen folks, d way guys will eat and zip mouth is how I will do my own and zip,zap and superglue my mouth.
Wetin be consience for this matter?
Its common sense that u will use abegi!

Some of all these our lovey dovey wonderful hubbies will turn to a monster if they hear such thing. Remember, its easier for a wifey to forgive than hubby.
Infact u might never recognise ur hubby again and d simple truth is that u r bound to lose more than d guy if things go awry.

For the one that said u will confess during old age, abeg to who? Ur children or grandchildren? Or the old man counting his days on earth and u wanna hasten it up for him?
O dikwa risky.

Confess to God and carry ur cross alone. Afterall na who send u go before.
Ezigbo wifey. kiss

1 Like

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
YPP don kolo

Not trying to be naive or judgemental YPP , Just an innocuous discussion & to learn from each other. wink
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
I totally agree with YPP and alutacontinua wink.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
I wish we can have a poll for this? undecided
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
jeffizy:

I want to believe these popular quotes are applicable to this scenario.
The ripple effect of a confession might be to heavy to handle.

It actually depends on your spouse and the kind of relationship you have. Well, some may decide to open up to avoid a reocurrence.

Actually, I prefer not to know when the deed has been done, but if I smell a rat, you better confess. Lying to me will scatter the whole thing. That will hurt me more than you cheating on me.

2 Likes

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
You never can be sure of how your husband will react until this scenario plays out! Even the most caring, lovey dovey husband may not show understanding. Men hate sharing women, especially in this part of the world. Confessing to infidelity, followed by total forgiveness may not be very common around here.

1 Like

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by ypepe: 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Jgal, I no kolo o!
U know I'm a realist.

If u take a poll, u will be so shocked that majority of d guys will reply like Jefizy.

He is d only man that said something and he talks for majority of them guys.
Like he said, let what happened in vegas stay there.

Even a notorious adulterous man will still wanna believe that his wife is his alone. Its a fair world here u know.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
Even a notorious adulterous man will still wanna believe that his wife is his alone. Its a fair world here u know.

I hear you.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by benedicta0(f): 11:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
Well surely not confess it to the oldman, but I might confess it to my child or maybe a priest, but taking it to the beyond is scaring.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by benedicta0(f): 11:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Just an idle discussion though

1 Like

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:08am On Jan 06, 2014
ypepe: Jgal, I no kolo o!
U know I'm a realist.

If u take a poll, u will be so shocked that majority of d guys will reply like Jefizy.

He is d only man that said something and he talks for majority of them guys.
Like he said, let what happened in vegas stay there.

This is not an argument, it's just a simple question. Answer and let others give theirs too. It's that simple! Your first response sounded like an attack to those of contrary view.

Good morning.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2014
candy: You never can be sure of how your husband will react until this scenario plays out! Even the most caring, lovey dovey husband may not show understanding. Men hate sharing women, especially in this part of the world. Confessing to infidelity, followed by total forgiveness may not be very common around here.

You are right. It's really a big risk...but one I would be willing to take if necessary.
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by taryour(f): 7:26am On Jan 06, 2014
Whalai this question jgal na die ooo. I know my hubby,he did rather hear it from you than finding out on his own,worse if someone tells him of a occurrence which his wifey should have told him.
In this case I will tell him o,but not to his face. I can put in writing. He would forgive me easily than when he finds out himself. His person is that calm,the earlier I tell him the better for me,besides I can't keep so much guilt and still leave under the same roof/sleep on same bed/ have sEx and eat from same plate. I would never feel comfortable in his presence and he will sure make me talk with his piercing eyes.

This life is very funny you know,there are things we do that you think nobody knows or sees you,don't be surprised if some one comes later to use it against you or blackmail you,how do you now present it to your hubby who had so much trust in you

No one is above temptation but may God give us all the grace to overcome such temptation,temptations that are stronger than us will never come our ways IJN Amen.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by ladygogo: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
My secret is safe with me. MEN!! Mba oh!
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by bukatyne(f): 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
byvan: Confess ke? ,why ll you want to dump your emotional baggage on someone else?the guilt you feel is your punishment.

I am not strong enough to bear that punishment. grin

I have a hyper active conscience that's why I really think things through before doing them else I Have to look for people offended to apologize to them angry
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by damiso(f): 4:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
I will do confession to a priest and never do it again grin
Re: Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
lady gogo: My secret is safe with me. MEN!! Mba oh!

grin grin

damiso: I will do confession to a priest and never do it again grin

In other words NO grin

Tayour, I hear you my sister, oro pesi je. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) / 7 Things Married And Unmarried Should Learn From Tiwa And Teebliz Melodrama / List Of The Top Nigerian States With The Most Hardworking Men & Best Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.