Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Make Money Online; Use This My Practical Experience On Facebook To Help Yourself - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Make Money Online; Use This My Practical Experience On Facebook To Help Yourself (651 Views)

Facebook To Introduce “profile Videos” As Alternative To “profile Pictures” / Facebook To Begin Charging Users $2.99 Per Month Starting November 1st / Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Money Online; Use This My Practical Experience On Facebook To Help Yourself by BigDreamz101: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
This article is long but it's very inspiring to me even though its my own story and it will inspire you too.

Enjoy!!!

Making Money online is something everyone can do. Yes I believe that with all of my heart.
First, we have to deal with some serious mindset about making money online or maybe I should just share my own making money online experience with you and you just pick out the relevant lessons all by yourself.
My first true online experience was on facebook. As we all know, you will agree with me that few years ago all we know about online communication is facebooking with friends that went to the same high school with us and also meeting new ones too.

As time goes on we also got to know about facebook business page. First we notice that most popular people or celebrities on facebook don’t use the same account as we do.
They make use of Facebook business page and if we wanted to be their friends all we had to do was to ‘Like’ their page.
initially I use to think those type of account(Facebook business page) were for only celebrities.

Along the line I got to know that anyone can open a facebook business page so far you have something to share with people who might not know you personally.

Remember the name it is called; Facebook business page. In other words any business or brand owner can create a facebook business page for the purpose of doing business online, making money online or to keep in touch with customers.
Armed with this understanding I decided to create my own facebook business page not necessarily because Of making money online but to cater to any relevant needs of people online.

I already know that if am able to meet a particular need effectively online, making money online will also be a reality for me. If am giving out value, value(Money) gat no choice than to flow back to me. That’s my own personal philosophy on making money either online or offline
What needs do I intend to meet or what business do I have that am creating a page for?
I ask myself this question over and over again for days until ideas started dropping in my heads on what to do or which area or people i needed to cater for.

This was the idea I came up with; To Create a facebook business page that will cater only to prospective students of unilag in terms of admissions updates, inquiries, entrance examination materials/tutorials to help them achieve their goals etc.

Why Unilag?

Its pretty easy for me to choose unilag or I came up with the idea of unilag because am also a prospective student of unilag as at that time. I know I had some relevant infos that others like me might not have access to and I wanted them to.

So I created the page, and I started asking friends who were on the same mission with me (Unilag Prospectives) to ‘Like’ My page.
After getting 200 ‘Likes’ on my facebook business page, I started an hour daily tutorial on general revision since we were all preparing for the Unilag Post Utme exams.

I posted questions as status updates and they in turn drop the answers as comments. It was fun and educating.

The tutorial was so lively that the number of ‘likes’ increase daily by word of mouth advert and Within two weeks we were already up to 1000 Likes.

In addition to the tutorials I also made sure that I fed them with the latest updates regarding our preparation and Unilag Admission as a whole.

Making Money Online; My First Experience;
One day one of my New Fans who joined on my facebook page two weeks after we started treating the revision questions suggested I package all the questions I have been treating with them in an email and sent it to him that he was gonna pay me for it.

Wooo! It was like a dream because I never really set up the account(Facebook business page) because I wanted to make money online. All I was interested in was to reach out to my target audience and to experiment how it feels to have a Facebook Business page.

So I packaged it. I made the questions 200 in all with accurate solutions. They were current affairs questions.

I sent it to him and he sent me 1000 naira that’s like 7 US dollars.

I was happy not because of the money parse but because of the new mindset I was getting that if I wanted to make money I need to give out value first and foremost.

Armed with all this again I posted on my page that I have compiled all the questions we have been treating and that they can now get it in their email just for 600 naira only(almost half of the money the guy paid volutarily). By this time I had already had 1000 plus ‘LIKES’ on my facebook page.

Of course the turn out was huge….

I sold up to 100 Copies withing two weeks. That’s 600naira multiply by 100 copies.

That’s 60,000 naira right? which is like 370 dollars in two weeks. This was three years ago.

It was like a dream. What really got me impressed is not the amount of money but the possibility of giving out value and getting value back in return. The feeling was awesome.
Read the concluding part of my stories here; http://ozovehe.com/2013/12/making-money-online-facebook-way/

That page has now grown so well to what is now known as Unilag Admissions Guide By Timothy Ozovehe(blog); www.unilagadmissionguide.com Nominated In Three categories 2013 Nigerian Blogs Awards For Best Educational/Instructional blog, Best New Blog, Best Student Blog.

I was only able to clinch The Blog New Blog.

The Lessons To Pick On Making Money online; To make Money Online, don’t think of money instead think of the genuine value you can give out.

If you give out real value from the depth of your heart, value will flow back to you inform of cash just like my story.

The earning I shared above is my three years ago experience. You can only imagine what my earnings are like now..especially now that Unilag Admissions Guide By Timothy Ozovehe is fairly very popular.

More Of My practical Experience that you can learn from at www.ozovehe.com

Timothy Ozovehe
Re: Make Money Online; Use This My Practical Experience On Facebook To Help Yourself by olive65(m): 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
Really amazing blog you've got there. Still trying to resurrect my own blog's niche sha.... Whenever i read topics like this, i just feel discouraged with the 'peanut's peanut' that i earn. embarassed
Re: Make Money Online; Use This My Practical Experience On Facebook To Help Yourself by BigDreamz101: 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bro! Traffic won't come that easy. You gat to keep trying and never allow yourself to be discouraged. The journey is really worth it. The rewards of having a fairly popular site is amazing. Am enjoying every bit of it.
Re: Make Money Online; Use This My Practical Experience On Facebook To Help Yourself by olive65(m): 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
Big Dreamz 101: Bro! Traffic won't come that easy. You gat to keep trying and never allow yourself to be discouraged. The journey is really worth it. The rewards of having a fairly popular site is amazing. Am enjoying every bit of it.
Thanks for the moral boost.... Truth is i can never quit blogging. Tried it severally but i'm already an addict. Although i'm 'uhappilly-unhappy' with my earnings which is still less than €10, i just enjoy it.... The joy you derive when people read your Articles. Thanks sha grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Joomla Tutorial / Get Absolutely Free Twitter Followers! / Nigerian Bloggers, Let's Do This...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.