Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? (32412 Views)

69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by EBIXANDRA(f): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Rubbish. If u pple re not careful, God will punish u by delaying ur childbearing. Who re u to decide d future of ur kids? Do u kno if God has destined a woman to be d one to lift ur family up? After una don find trouble finish and end up wit boy wey no dey hear word, una go begin disturb pastors up and down to pray for ur kids. U re jst a mere human. Pls Allow nature take its cause

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Manuche(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Gaggi: What does it matter? I couldn't care less. Just pray u can even have kids or ur mother will make your life hell.
By the way, there us scientific backing that a woman is responsible for determining d sex. A woman's canal could be highly acidic or alkaline. Acidic is not very favourable towards d male sperm as it tends to kill it faster while alkaline is more favourable towards d male sperm. It's vice versa for acidic favouring d female.
That's why some women will birth six girls, the man marries another wife and finally gets a boy. To those doubting, do a research.
Personally, I prefer female kids, they are so sweet.
end time tinz
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by fijiano202(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Funny Nigerians,am sure u are not even Pregnant Yet,Which one out of them is not a child.Mumu Mentality Germany Chancellor na Man abi ? what of Liberia or Brazil even Argentina? t now both Male and Female are the same,the most respected Kingdom in the World is Govern by a woman,Queen Elizabeth
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nowie: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
Why is this even an issue for debate. Is your mum-in-law/husband God? Besides it is your husbands chromosomes that decides the sex factor, so focus your mind on something more productive like having a good marriage and let God do his part. Whichever comes first (boy/girl) just be thankful for the gift of motherhood at all. My two cents.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by ejirob: 2:52pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hi haven been reading all u guys comment, very lovely, I am among those that wants a baby boy as a first born not becos I don't like girls, am a girl and am the first born of four children, but I know what I went thru to be able to support my younger ones in school. So becos of dat I really wish I had a senior brother I could run to and cry on when the going get tough, but no one and anyway thanks be to God I scaled thru. So when I got married I really need and pray for a son as d first born to help take care of his younger ones but after waiting for five years without issue, my friends I had to change my mouth, that God should give me any child dat is healthy and make me proud and am not concern abot sex and dat was when God decided to give me a beautiful baby girl so intelligent, winning scholarships here and there, anytime I look at her I thank god. So u see all u need is a child dat will make u proud, depend on god he knows what's best for u whether boy or girl

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
God knows my first born must be a girl! kiss kiss. I love baby girls. I want just one girl that will share my love with no other.....okay maybe two.
But sha....anyone that comes, I like.....but I prefer a girl as a first born.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by MrAboki: 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
Boy!!

Because, in the African Family setting, women are never fully settled in their marriages until they have a Male child. Soo if you want your in-laws and your Husband to back off of you, better pray for a male child as your first.. This way, you dont have to bother about the sex of your other kids too much.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by dremoney(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
wow please accept my sympathy because your husband is a pussy and an educated illiterate.

God Almighty blesses our fruit to produce children, that is completely out of your control. Moreover God makes things happen for a reason.

Next time he comes at you with a boy ish talk again, kindly inform him that your FATE is in the hands of God and you'll never question his decision.

Moreso, i expect the nitwit and his mother to have started 40days fasting and praying for his sperm to be strong enough for his wife to conceive. Watta

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Donbabaj: 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2014
Some people self!

Simple question which is better? We are not saying both are not better

Which do you prefer!! male first, female follows or female first or male follows

Igbo Kwenu!!!! Odika no my choice now abi grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by ifycent2: 4:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
THIS TOPIC MAKE NO SENSE TO ME.

REASON: NO MAN IS GOD.

NA WETIN GOD GIVES YOU, YOU WILL TAKE.

YOU CANT QUESTION GOD WHY? IMPOSSIBLE.

SO, IT DOES NOT MATTER WEATHER A BOY OR A GIRL.

NA GOD GIVES CHILD.

IN MY AREA, A MAN HAVE 9 GIRLS NO BOY.
THE MAN WILL NEVA QUESTION GOD.

#I REST MY CASE.

#ICT
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by oluwaisaac(m): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2014
Abegi....first born child girl get wahala. From 13 boys don dey eye her. Den she go begin tink say her mama na her mate. Boy jor....!
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
Tel her dat u re not God.It is only God dat can give u children.Wether boy or gal,de re God Gift so u cnt reject it.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by prymetex(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2014
I'd say girl first, boy later oh. Think of it as an assistant to the mom, a second mom to oversee the juniors

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by vincencior(m): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Anyone with so longs as he/she is anointed by God to be great and reasonable enough to face his/her responsibility.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by AkereP(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
"Are we saying that BOY child is better dan GIRL child" i do not believe dat!!! it's has to do wit au u train ur child 'GOOD OR BAD'.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
First Born = Boy - The commander and General Overseer of the House, He will learn how to be a leader,responsible and steer the wheel of his house without being bitched by a girl before him !

2nd Born = Girl - the mother of the house whom shall perform the motherly role, already would have learnt how to take instruction from the Firstborn, Execute and feel protected by the Firstborn !

Me think Tis a Good way of preparing them for the future in Boy - Girl Order
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by ladygogo: 10:16pm On Jan 07, 2014
Okon ikott: I prefer male child. A family without a first male child is well behind that with a first male child. The absence of a first male child is a permanent setback. Its like taking WAEC and passing all the other subjects without a "C" pass in Maths and English. You have to continue to try, try and try until you pass it and in the case of a family, have the male child. But by this time, in your worry and panic measures, you would have produced more children than you actuallyneeded. Having a son as the first child in a nuptial union gives one a good start in family life.

Hian! shocked
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by niyitogun(m): 11:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
What does it matter. Just train them in the way they should go and they would make you proud.

You may also want to educate your husband and his mum so they know your husband solely determines the sex of your child and not you. A family doctor can help with this.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Vierraglow: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2014
U even have hope of giving birth and u are choosing d sex u want. My dear there are couple dat have been married for long years they are praying for jst one child. God has designed every family differently. What if at d end u have all girls are u going to question God. Any sex that God gives u as far as u are able to give birth appreciate Him
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by obi123: 9:50am On Jan 08, 2014
troy20: you need to have a boy for the younger ones to look up to when born.a father could be sure to leave his hause in a strong hand when he is out.having a firstborn as a male is classic for a father...should be too for the mother.

pls what planet are you from? you NEED to? having a firstborn as a male is classic for a father...should be too for the mother

thats how you men put unnecessary stress and stupid pressure on poor women
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by troy20(m): 10:07am On Jan 08, 2014
obi123:

pls what planet are you from? you NEED to? having a firstborn as a male is classic for a father...should be too for the mother

thats how you men put unnecessary stress and stupid pressure on poor women
easy sweetheart am in planet earth.no one is putting pressure on any one.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Boris03: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2014
As for now none,let's train the ones we have
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by turkish(m): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2014
@Op. If your MIL truly said that and was serious and sober when she did, "your own don finish for that marriage be that". I love my mum and she knows that staying outta my bizness is the best way foward. In laws and extended family are the primary cause of marital discord in this country. When you xray further, you will even see that that number two cause 'adultery' is most of the time brought about due to issues surrounding number one cause. In this country the family you're marrying into seems to be more important than who you marry.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Polio: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
Anyone.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by mayor007(m): 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
People like the OP's MIL are part of the reason why we are still struggling to develop in This Country.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by tanteta(m): 2:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
Logan_Rebirth:
I get it that the determinant xsome comes from the man,what I was trying to say is that even he,the man does not have control over the xsome he will eventually donate.It's all by nature and chance.
now u r begining 2 tink strait, just try 2 undastnd nd enhance d nature nd chance that may giv u a first male nd avoid d looming war wt ur mil. Cuz no nairalander wil b thre 2 wipe ur tears, wen d ball is set in play. My best wishes
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by babepink(f): 3:32pm On Jan 08, 2014
A child is a gift from God .gender doesn't matter.Bringing up the child well in all ramifications is what matters most
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Bishop7(m): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2014
Determining the sex of a child is all about timing. Almost everyone can determine which sex they prefer. The x chromosones are quick swimmers but die faster. The Y chromones are bulkier and last longer. With proper timing, you can decide which child you prefer.
Inbox me and I'd give you the details.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by kikila(f): 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
An exposed mother-in-law will nt make statements like dis.anyways@op...u hv 2 be smart abt dis.the battle is already on since d one dt shd be on ur side is already in anoda camp.Running ur mouth will not do it for u.try to meet wit ur hubby before ur ovulation day not after(cos female sperm hv short life span-48hrs n wd hv died off b4 ovulation, jus google it 2 verify),d male sperms stay longer n above all pray n choose ur words carefully wen talking wit dem.if it turns out to be a girl in d longrun,well dey all hv 2 deal wit it n wait for the nxt baby.ope u kno ur ovulation day
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by LoganRebirth: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
tanteta: now u r begining 2 tink strait, just try 2 undastnd nd enhance d nature nd chance that may giv u a first male nd avoid d looming war wt ur mil. Cuz no nairalander wil b thre 2 wipe ur tears, wen d ball is set in play. My best wishes
What is this one saying undecided.Must you always be this dumb? undecided
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by pheyenyen(f): 2:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
tintingz: Congrat grin

Both gender are better to be the first born, both are special. Don't mind all this our people you should know some Nigerians with their sexist ideology.
I agree with u.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by zinny01: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
;DHmmmmm na wa oooo my dear just pray that God gives u a boy to avoid ur mother in laws wahala all tgis mother in laws self. its only God that can help oooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Recreates Photos Of Her Mother To Celebrate Her Mum's Birthday / Were Our Forefathers Happier Than Today's Generations? / Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.