Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? (32351 Views)

69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by folymania(f): 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hi,
I'm new @ this section and I need to hear ur opinion on sth.

Just wedded last month and its been fun.
The honey-moon has refused to end grin
But while my hubby and I came back from S/Africa (4m the honey-moon),
His mum took me aside and said she would like to have a baby-boy.

She was all blabbing about how it is better to have a boy as first born. Claiming that it would be difficult to handle a girl in this corrupt county of ours.

While I lightly pressed my point on the fact that a first born girl will still have time for her parents and siblings far longer than a boy.

U won't believe I've been having it tough with my in-law ever since and even my hubby has joined her

I really don't care. I just trust God 4 whatever he gives me. And I'll play my role.

But what do u guys think ? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by bluuu: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
anyone is ok bt as regards ur MIL,pray for a boy to avoid trouble wt her since ur hubby belong to her schl of tot too.

9 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by nurey(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
In Nigeria, 95percent of men would wish their first born to be a boy. Even deep inside me I wish my first child would be a boy, the reason is not far fetched. Every Nigerian man wishes to have a son to carry on the family name so the faster he has a son, the better for him. But If I had a girl as my first child no qualms for me.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by tintingz(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
Congrat grin

Both gender are better to be the first born, both are special. Don't mind all this our people you should know some Nigerians with their sexist ideology.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by bellong: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
You should have told your mother-in-law to tell her son her wish because he is the one responsible for donating the Y-chromosome.

You have no say in the gender of a child but your husband. Whatever comes from him is what you will have.

79 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by tpia5: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Make una stop all these juju things and reduce your fetishness abeg.

Besides, what concerns us with whatever your alledged mil alledgedly said, discuss it with those involved with you.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by LoganRebirth: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
[quote author=bellong]You should have told your mother-in-law to tell her son her wish because he is the one responsible for donating the Y-chromosome.

You have no say in the gender of a child but your husband. Whatever comes from him is what you will have.[\quote]

Her husband also does not have any say over the child's se.x,neither of them does,nature does.It's not as if he wishes and donates whichever xsomes he wants.
@op,I personally prefer a male child be it first born or whatever and not bcoz of the name(this reason or thinking to me is dumb:how does name add value to anyone's life) but just bcoz I personally feel male child are easier to raise and they are less "delicate" than their female counterpart.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by nekaa(f): 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
TWINS

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by mgbeketoto: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
A healthy child!
The sex of the child is irrelevant to moi! kiss

22 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by folymania(f): 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
bellong: You should have told your mother-in-law to tell her son her wish because he is the one responsible for donating the Y-chromosome.

You have no say in the gender of a child but your husband. Whatever comes from him is what you will have.

Thanks. cheesy

But u don't expect me to confront her with dat, do u?
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by bellong: 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2014
Logan_Rebirth: Her husband also does not have any say over the child's se.x,neither of them does,nature does.It's not as if he wishes and donates whichever xsomes he wants.

You can say this during the 18th century. Medical science has gone past this stage.. tongue

7 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by bellong: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
folymania:

Thanks. cheesy

But u don't expect me to confront her with dat, do u?

Why not, its a friendly chat. Something like "whatever he deposits in my bank is what I will give the interest after 9months." Saying it jokingly and laughing it off..

31 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
folymania: Hi,
I'm new @ this section and I need to hear ur opinion on sth.

Just wedded last month and its been fun.
The honey-moon has refused to end grin
But while my hubby and I came back from S/Africa (4m the honey-moon),
His mum took me aside and said she would like to have a baby-boy.

And how does she expect you to achieve this jare? I assume she believes you're omnipotent?

Lord knows what the reaction will be if you do have a girl first.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by LoganRebirth: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
bellong:

You can say this during the 18th century. Medical science has gone past this stage.. tongue
I get it that the determinant xsome comes from the man,what I was trying to say is that even he,the man does not have control over the xsome he will eventually donate.It's all by nature and chance.

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 05, 2014
This your MIL sef undecided.

6 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Chomzy19(f): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hmmm Marriage Never start MIL don dey quote her choice of SEX for d first baby! Na so e dey strt, @OP better be weary of dt your MIL and of I were u n I could do it I'd giv birth to a girl just to spite her (tho finally its in God's hands) dis is d kind of MIL dt will begin to look 4 other options for her son when No male is forthcoming after d 3rd girl so u berra b careful

As to the question, to me n most Mothers, A girl is always better as d first issue, cos she kinda begins to help you out at a very early age, she will organise her siblings n help keep them in check for you wen u aren't looking. But boys re known to be "scattersome" in nature n nt very helpful arnd the house, as d saying goes 'boys will be boys'

26 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by folymania(f): 12:53am On Jan 06, 2014
Chomzy19: Hmmm Marriage Never start MIL don dey quote her choice of SEX for d first baby! Na so e dey strt, @OP better be weary of dt your MIL and of I were u n I could do it I'd giv birth to a girl just to spite her (tho finally its in God's hands) dis is d kind of MIL dt will begin to look 4 other options for her son when No male is forthcoming after d 3rd girl so u berra b careful

As to the question, to me n most Mothers, A girl is always better as d first issue, cos she kinda begins to help you out at a very early age, she will organise her siblings n help keep them in check for you wen u aren't looking. But boys re known to be "scattersome" in nature n nt very helpful arnd the house, as d saying goes 'boys will be boys'

Like seriously.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Olalan(m): 8:56am On Jan 06, 2014
The idea of a boy being superior to a girl child should be discarded in this age given the fact that many girls are doing very well all fields even in the so called male dominated fields. The prayer should be for the Lord to grant us children who will make us proud parents irrespective of their gender.

26 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by troy20(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2014
you need to have a boy for the younger ones to look up to when born.a father could be sure to leave his hause in a strong hand when he is out.having a firstborn as a male is classic for a father...should be too for the mother.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hmmm... Some people are out there praying for anyone after years of marriage and your MIL is here saying she wants a boy first *SMH*

Better to just appreciate God for the fruit of the womb, boy or girl!

9 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Celyt(f): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
^^ my dear tell them o

@Troy20; nawa for this your reasoning! does it mean that a well-trained daughter can't be a role model as well as take care of her younger siblings? Anyway, na you get your mouth.

@bellong Lol.. @Olalan, you guys are so on point!

@Op, our prayer as parents should be that the Almighty gives us children(irrespectve of their genders) that will be far ahead of us intellectually, morally, financially and any other positive attribute.

And that He grant both male and female children in every home especially in tribes where the quest for a particular sex if not granted always bring strain in marriages FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE, Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by troy20(m): 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Celyt: ^^ my dear tell them o

@Troy20; nawa for this your reasoning! does it mean that a well-trained daughter can't be a role model as well as take care of her younger siblings? Anyway, na you get your mouth.

@Op, our prayer as parents should be that the Almighty gives us children(irrespectve of their genders) that will be far ahead of us intellectually, morally, financially and any other positive attribute.

And that He grant both male and female children in every home especially in tribes where the quest for a particular sex if not granted always bring strain in marriages FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE, Amen!
so the world should suscribe to your reasoning instead? Do you have any issues with the male sex?
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
I taya for some of these MILs sef . . .

How does she expect you to manufacture a baby boy first

So what if you conceive a baby girl first, are you supposed to abort her?

Seriously, I don't get these MILs at alll . . . SMH!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Celyt:

I'm telling you. In fact I pray this OP has a boy first like they want. If not, it doesn't sound like she's going to find it funny at all. The mil is a deliberate trouble maker.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by troy20(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Celyt: ^^ my dear tell them o

the lady chomzy wanted a female for a firstborn which you all liked cause it favours you and your reasoning which i imagine you think is superior.have you thought out what the husband might want? why are you all this selfish? You think a man wouldnt know whats best for his home? You reason better than a man now right?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
troy20:
You reason better than a man now right?

Rotflmao!!!

Good joke! grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by troy20(m): 4:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
ileobatojo:

Rotflmao!!!

Good joke! grin
na wetin funny 4 dia na. mtcheewwwww.c u
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
ileobatojo:
I'm telling you. In fact I pray this OP has a boy first like they want. If not, it doesn't sound like she's going to find it funny at all. The mil is a deliberate trouble maker.
If OP starts with a girl, I won't be surprised if MIL starts shopping for a woman that will give her a boy! The MIL is poking her nose where it's not needed.

Unfortunately, most MILs around here are like the OP's MIL, they just don't voice it out!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
What does it matter? I couldn't care less. Just pray u can even have kids or ur mother will make your life hell.
By the way, there us scientific backing that a woman is responsible for determining d sex. A woman's canal could be highly acidic or alkaline. Acidic is not very favourable towards d male sperm as it tends to kill it faster while alkaline is more favourable towards d male sperm. It's vice versa for acidic favouring d female.
That's why some women will birth six girls, the man marries another wife and finally gets a boy. To those doubting, do a research.
Personally, I prefer female kids, they are so sweet.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Gaggi: What does it matter? I couldn't care less. Just pray u can even have kids or ur mother will make your life hell.
By the way, there us scientific backing that a woman is responsible for determining d sex. A woman's canal could be highly acidic or alkaline. Acidic is not very favourable towards d male sperm as it tends to kill it faster while alkaline is more favourable towards d male sperm. It's vice versa for acidic favouring d female.
That's why some women will birth six girls, the man marries another wife and finally gets a boy. To those doubting, do a research.
Personally, I prefer female kids, they are so sweet.
Nope. If this were true then I guess you could just pour a mildly alkaline solution into your wife's hoohah before doing the deed to get a boy.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2014

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Celyt(f): 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
@Troy20; E be like say you are Op's MIL, lol...
Please go back and re-read your post. You sounded as if a female child can't do all that you stated there. I should be asking you that question; do you have issues with the female gender?

for your information; i have them(three healthy boys) but doesn't make me a better woman than others, kini big deal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court / My Wife Demands ‘bribe’ Before Sex, Says Pastor / Woman Surprised With New Car On Christmas Day By Family. See Her Epic Reaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.