Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? (32415 Views)

69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by bellong: 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
rudedough:

I totally disagree with you. It's 50% Y-Chromosome and 50% X-Chromosome.

Actually if you bring weight into the equation, the female X-Chromosome carries 3 times as much DNA material than the Y-Chromosome and in reality, the woman X-Chromosome has more say in determining the gender of the Child.

What are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by eluquenson(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
I prefer a boy... grin
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Osas001: 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
folymania: Hi,
I'm new @ this section and I need to hear ur opinion on sth.

Just wedded last month and its been fun.
The honey-moon has refused to end grin
But while my hubby and I came back from S/Africa (4m the honey-moon),
His mum took me aside and said she would like to have a baby-boy.

She was all blabbing about how it is better to have a boy as first born. Claiming that it would be difficult to handle a girl in this corrupt county of ours.

While I lightly pressed my point on the fact that a first born girl will still have time for her parents and siblings far longer than a boy.

U won't believe I've been having it tough with my in-law ever since and even my hubby has joined her

I really don't care. I just trust God 4 whatever he gives me. And I'll play my role.

But what do u guys think ? undecided

For me, I want a Boy first and if God says its a girl, I will accept n love my kids...!
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by carlos1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2014

She was all blabbing about how it is better to have a boy as first born. Claiming that it would be difficult to handle a girl in this corrupt county of ours.

While I lightly pressed my point on the fact that a first born girl will still have time for her parents and siblings far longer than a boy.

U won't believe I've been having it tough with my in-law ever since and even my hubby has joined her

I really don't care. I just trust God 4 whatever he gives me. And I'll play my role.

The only way to solve dis issue is to give dem a transgendered.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by michkenokey(m): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Ur mum inlaw is talking as if you were the one that determines the sex dt comes first. Nevertheless, I personally prefer a female child first. The reason is that she will be the one that will be helping out in the family chores & also in training the upcoming children. Boys at the early stage are not always good at that. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Topic of this type is not supposed to be allowed to fly in NL considering the experience MTN had with one advert then....I hope N/Landers have not forgotten in a hurry.

The Advert.....A guy called his mum who is in the village, informing her that his wife has put to bed, then the mum asks "what's the sex of the newborn baby", and the guy replied 'mama na boy ooo!!! For a long time, the advert went off air and many people didn't and still don't why.

My people, i heard that one NGO that fights for the right of women took up the case against MTN. I even heard they (MTN) paid huge amount as fine.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Afrok(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
To avoid any misunderstanding, I think hermaphrodite is better . Well I don't mind aving any of d sexes as my first child so far God will bless us with d two sexes. Knowing fully well dt I (man) determines d sex of child by producing XY chromosomes for male instead of XX chromosomes for females, so why argue with my wife instead of taking d necessary things nd beating her at her game.
Don't mind d hermaphrodite part, it's just a cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by kingjooo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
A boy nd i'll give her anytin dat she so desired,a girl nd i'll clap 4 her
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by frankgreat(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Y will i wnt a boy as my 1st child...i so much luv baby girl.ow close dey r to dere dad..ow angelic dey behave, dere smile, d way dey say " daddy carry me" so cute....i so luv dem.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by brightnelly(f): 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
I want a female child first!!!! God! hope you don hear ooooo
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
rudedough:

I totally disagree with you. It's 50% Y-Chromosome and 50% X-Chromosome.

Actually if you bring weight into the equation, the female X-Chromosome carries 3 times as much DNA material than the Y-Chromosome and in reality, the woman X-Chromosome has more say in determining the gender of the Child.

*facepalm*
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Pamcrest(f): 9:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
It's our Naija mentality....boys are seen to be more valuable than girls, which is far from d truth.
Boy or girl oh, what matters to a parent is having a good child that will make u proud n be there for u in old age!
An aunt of mine had a total of 9 children because she was looking for a baby boy and to escape the humuliations she was subjected to by her inlaws. She finally had d son but ask me who is taking care of her now....the girls. The boy got married, abandoned his family and God knows where he is now. So much for wanting a baby boy!
Op, ignore yr in laws. My only concern is that yr hubby has been brainwashed but u can still get him on yr side. Just pray to God for a healthy baby!
My humble submission

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by muskham(f): 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2014

why don't you pray to God to grant you pregnancy first, safe delivery next. Peaceful home thirdly. The rest is nothing.
Loads of boys are out there that are nothing but agbero while some are vagabond. Many women had fantastic weddings, enjoyabled honeymoon but no baby after several years. Anyone God gives. Hold firmly.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Emaprince: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Celyt: @Troy20; E be like say you are Op's MIL, lol...
Please go back and re-read your post. You sounded as if a female child can't do all that you stated there. I should be asking you that question; do you have issues with the female gender?

for your information; i have them(three healthy boys) but doesn't make me a better woman than others, kini big deal?
This one is not even proud of her sons..smh for you

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by eunisam: 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
God giveth
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by steffans(m): 9:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
what if her son is shooting blanks
na d man she suppose dey talk too.. but dis our culture dey as e be.. what if u want kids after 2 years..
n
My advice 4 u op is dis : u are a co-creator with God.. and whatever u agree with Him dats God will come to pass... I wanted a girl as 2nd born... my wife wanted a boy and a boy popped out and I love my 2 boys.. and I won't want to add anytime soon .. most of all be very prayerful Cuz ur husby and mil may cuz u wahala..
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Sermwell(m): 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
Seun: Nope. If this were true then I guess you could just pour a mildly alkaline solution into your wife's hoohah before doing the deed to get a boy.
Lwkmd!! Wich 1 be hoohah again na? Bros abeg oo! Haba!
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Igboboy59(m): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
Are we the giving Children? No.Give thanks to the lord on the he give you as your first born either (male/female)it has a purpose why God give you.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by troy20(m): 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
lorretta u: No body has any problem with what the man wants. If what's best for his home is A boy first,then he should endeavor to shoot the Y-chromosome-carrying sperm cell first. And also somehow make sure that it gets to the egg before the other million sperm cells.

Who's being selfish here? If not The MIL and the hubby who want to give a poor woman trouble on issues she has no control over.
well the topic was for personal preferences.no one is insisting it must be a certain sex since no one has power over that...and neither the mother inlaw either i would think.i know you would love a cute baby girl as a first child.you see? thats the point.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
I prefer boys.I don't want a female as a first or even a second child cheesy.Twin boys is surely my target! cheesy
But ur mother in law no try oooooo.It's too early for her to show her fangs.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by majalisa(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2014

wat if her son is impotent?
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by manny4life(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Stånd:

What is hoohah! Did u attend biology classes at all, did your teacher mention hoohah at any point? Are you a Virgin?

Abeg leave Seun jor, he's only being a nerd..
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by 2good(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2014
nurey: In Nigeria, 95percent of men would wish their first born to be a boy. Even deep inside me I wish my first child would be a boy, the reason is not far fetched. Every Nigerian man wishes to have a son to carry on the family name so the faster he has a son, the better for him. But If I had a girl as my first child no qualms for me.

I kind of disagree with you on the reason for men wanting their first child to be male. That said, I will say that the Nigerian male child tend to understand responsibility much earlier than their female counterpart because the average Nigerian woman in her 20's is so crazy about marriage and build her world ad imagination around it while the male is hustling and struggling to make a career for himself. That is not to say some female don't hustle to get a career but it can never be compared to the effort men put into struggle for genuine success.

Please note that I am not in anyway saying you must have a male child first cos that is beyond your control and any child (male or female) can be brought up to be successful. I am just giving my opinion on the sexes.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by bluerange(f): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
l wonder when some sharply harp on continuing the family name, is the name some are changing for reasons that it is rooted in the fetish? or how many men born in the urban areas are really connected to their roots to even claim their ancestral land?
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Gigateem(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
You should have saved yourself of unnecessary enemies. An answer like 'Ok ma, just be praying for us' would have been good.
As for me, I cant choose now cos i want both...#twins on my mind#
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Konnektions146(m): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
personally, i want a GIRL as first
...and God will do it for me, amen!
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by 190theclown: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
twins nkor boy and girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Were Our Forefathers Happier Than Today's Generations? / Nobody Wants To Marry Us, Employers Reject Us, Our Skin Is A Problem –albinos / Woman Seeks Divorce Over Naming Ceremonies Without Rams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.