Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,862 members, 7,851,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:25 AM

Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? (4024 Views)

Is It Ideal Having Another Elaborate Wedding After A Wife/Husband Is Dead? / DAAPADA: Husband Divorces Bride During Wedding After Seeing Her Face / Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by flyingdutchman(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2014
Waka Now! And been bpld enough to stand by your words. Emissaries will come pleadj g, threatening. Family will been divided over tge issue. But stick tp ur guns

2 Likes

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by freakcin: 9:44am On Jan 06, 2014
Call it off. All u've seen is a tip of the iceberg. . . more is yet to come! lipsrsealed
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
Miner13:

I know you like to comment to a situation like this.

Let me standby to see how you will crucify the lady
i am crucifying nobody,i dont have the strength much for typing (talking) too much today because i am down with malaria.

However the summary is for op to quit the relationship.prevention is better than had i known or comming here hiding behind another moniker to type stories that touch.all this marital woes that is AVOIDABLE IS ENOUGH ON NL and like kanwulia aka mama chi chi has said that is a red flag alert..if she loves herself,she should call it quit except she wants to turn to mama prayer warrior lasan gan gan abi mrs endurance or mrs gbewudani.

Previous posters have said it all,there is nothing more to say.she that has ears (eyes) let her hear (see) what the spirit (nairalanders) is saying to the church (miss lover girl).

Kojubelo.osharo monday
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Ellidude(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
freakcin: Call it off. All u've seen is a tip of the iceberg. . . more is yet to come! lipsrsealed
Things change with time you know..
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2014
freakcin: Call it off. All u've seen is a tip of the iceberg. . . more is yet to come! lipsrsealed
gbam.as in,oyin meye bo lapo ni,he never start.

He will start officially on a full scale when you enter his house by then it will be too late to regret.so to avoid oma shey o,won de so funmi or be baptizing your pillow at night with tears of regrets

end it.no nairalander will live with you.the highest they can do is encourage you,empathize with you or abuse you

however,the koko of the iroyin is that THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT TO CHOOSE THE KIND OF LIFE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN WILL LIVE
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2014
Elli-dude:
Things change with time you know..
indeed
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 06, 2014
It has already started happening........everybody tells me i'm not getting younger, i'll be 28 this year. so confused.
flying dutchman: Waka Now! And been bpld enough to stand by your words. Emissaries will come pleadj g, threatening. Family will been divided over tge issue. But stick tp ur guns
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 06, 2014
Elli-dude:
Funny i say!!

It won't happen...
because you are a diviner.

In 10 cases of marital abuse,8 always have red alerts before people (women) put their legs,but they will keep deceiving themselves with love covers a multitude of sin or he loves me,after marriage he will change,till they enter finish,they will now become customer of hospital or police station

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks babymama. I'm following your post on making love and raising a family. I'm a huge fan cool

Baby mama:

No it's not too late
The period of courtship is for you to get to know yourselves and decide if this will work
This man has shown you what being married to him will be like
He is immature
Call it off now
Your first hunch is right,don't allow anyone talk you out of it
Since he has anger issues you may not want to do this while you are with him and his people,they may hurt you
Go back to your own comfort area and call him from there and tell him it is over after you have informed your parents.

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 06, 2014
No engagement, just introduction. No bride price or nuffin yet. plus no kpesusing.......was waiting till the wedding night......

Leo Adewale: If you guys are engaged, MY PERSONAL OPINION is that it's late. My opinion is based on the fact that Joseph and Mary (Jesus' earthly parents) were engaged as at the time Mary conceived, yet Joseph purposed to divorce her secretly. Shey you get?
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 06, 2014
@op when choosing mr right note that

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 06, 2014
He says he loves me...even my family, everybody keeps telling me that he really loves me. They say that may be the only way he knows how to show it angry
Elli-dude:
I'm not married but i can still say something..

Marriage is a life issue..And before you engage in such, you must have known your PRESAGED PARTNER like in and out..

You rushing into marriage is something i detest most especially with the little time you spent together...

I suggest both of you guys sit and talk about this..Query him and as him if he really know what he's doing..Take this beyond your level..Share this with sagacious persons around you..

Know from him if he truly loves you..If he gives you a comfortable reply, watch him carefully..He might be faking it..Draw conclusions on your observation..For sure you're grown enough to know what's love and what's not..

But in all be vigilant so you won't fall into the wrong hands..Thanks.
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by taryour(f): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: Thanks babymama. I'm following your post on making love and raising a family. I'm a huge fan cool

Very good you are following that thread,I know you have learnt a lot from it.that should help you in taking a decision on this thread you open. Now run along and call it quits already,he has given you lots of reason and signs.

Yes marriage comes with his own challenges but its meant to have more beauty than the ugly sides. You sure don't want a marriage filled with bitterness,anger,headaches and regrets do you
Go thru babymama thread(girls night out)and see the beauty that comes with marriage. Wish you the very best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: No engagement, just introduction. No bride price or nuffin yet. plus no kpesusing.......was waiting till the wedding night......

the better for you because

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks . I appreciate your advice! I was really scared to post this topic........i was afraid of the bashing i would get...but i really need the advice...ive been talking to myself for days now, ive been googling to find similar scenarios and when i couldnt sleep yesternite, i just had to post this topic.....thanks again.
kulyie: @op when choosing mr right note that
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: He says he loves me...even my family, everybody keeps telling me that he really loves me. They say that may be the only way he knows how to show it angry
everybody says that in good times,only few prove it.its so easy to say.anyone can say that when they are on top of a womam,duhhh!

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2014
I have tried countless times, everytime i correct him, he goes back again and calls someone else. The last straw for me was when he call my best friend and started telling her all sorts. Meanwhile this guy still calls me everyday to profess love. What kind of two-faced person is this? cry
Ashabie: And you have tried in correcting all these to no avail? If yes its not too late to me as a person...marriage is a life time institute, and its not meant to be endure.
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: Thanks . I appreciate your advice! I was really scared to post this topic........i was afraid of the bashing i would get...but i really need the advice...ive been talking to myself for days now, ive been googling to find similar scenarios and when i couldnt sleep yesternite, i just had to post this topic.....thanks again.
you welcome love

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: I have tried countless times, everytime i correct him, he goes back again and calls someone else. The last straw for me was when he call my best friend and started telling her all sorts. Meanwhile this guy still calls me everyday to profess love. What kind of two-faced person is this? cry
op you should know that

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by taryour(f): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: He says he loves me...even my family, everybody keeps telling me that he really loves me. They say that may be the only way he knows how to show it angry

And speaking bad/evil about the person you love is also a way of showing love Well if you end up marrying that man,his family will never love,respect and appreciate you cause that man has already laid a very bad foundation for you. No matter how much you try,you wunt be in their good books except what you said is your first post is false.

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: It has already started happening........everybody tells me i'm not getting younger, i'll be 28 this year. so confused.
op please

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2014
Gbam.i always love the way you hit the nail on the head.you are just too fabulous
mgbeketoto: It is up to you.
It can be pretty irritating to deal with such a 'juvenile' who can't act like a mature human being.
You accepted a marriage proposal without getting to know the dude in question. . . TO SOME EXTENT AT LEAST? undecided

WOW!!!!!

I wonder what made you do a thing like that?
Next time, get to know the individual before jumping in HEAD FIRST! kiss

Sounds like a social misfit. Either you be patient and work with him. . . or quit! No marriage comes easy.
HA!!!! It is too WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for this kind of behavior. . . he might get abusive in the future.

RED FLAG!!!!! kiss

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 06, 2014
Lol . . . Kulyie has discovered a new way of telling stories. grin grin

@ Poster . . . It's NEVER too late.

People walk out of their marriages and you are here talking about engagement.

No bride price have been collected, not documents has been signed . . . Please don't even think about it.

I know you might be worried about what people will say, but it's your life not theirs'.

If you marry him, you'll live with his alone . . . not them!

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 06, 2014
Lol yes na cheesy
Ujujoan: Lol . . . Kulyie has discovered a new way of telling stories. grin grin

@ Poster . . . It's NEVER too late.

People walk out of their marriages and you are here talking about engagement.

No bride price have been collected, not documents has been signed . . . Please don't even think about it.

I know you might be worried about what people will say, but it's your life not theirs'.

If you marry him, you'll live with his alone . . . not them!

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by MrAboki: 10:58am On Jan 06, 2014
numdes: Hi, guys! I've been dating a guy from afar(long distance relationship). I know him personally but we've not really spent time together coz of distance. I'm in Lagos and He's in Abuja.
He always appears to be this very quiet, gentle and loving person.
And he proposed to me immediately so we really didn't date.
He came with his family for introduction.
Then I travelled to spend some time with him and. His people.
I saw a very different side of him. Anger, lying, badmouthing me to his family and he kept calling my people to report me for little things that we can easily deal with as a couple.
I'm fed up, I'm calling of this wedding, my question is: is it too late after introduction? I really need matured advice. Thanks

I sense alot of lies in this story..

Dont ask me why..
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki:

I sense alot of lies in this story..

Dont ask me why..
grin why

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by MrAboki: 11:08am On Jan 06, 2014
kulyie: grin why

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki:

really grin

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by MrAboki: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2014
kulyie: really grin
No!!

Send me that babe pin for inbox.. grin
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2014
D_BestDoc:
Jenny in my second post i stated clearly that the guy is being immature, i can't dispute that. Now talking about your hubby, you should remember that people react to and handle things differently.Nobody is saying she should remain in the relationship if she can't handle what she's getting, my point is the next guy's reaction to whatever it is that causes the problems(assuming the Op has a part to play)might be different and more dangerous.

Btw the Op knows the answer to her question, even marriages involving kids are called off how much more an engagement. If she is 100% sure the guy is the problem, i don't think she would have given it a second thought.

The point I raised came from your first paragraph. No one is excusing her or calling her innocent definitely not me however, A MAN SHOULD KNOW OTHER WAYS OF HANDLING ISSUES WITH HIS PARTNER WITHOUT INVOLVING FAMILY MEMBERS. If she woke up and poured hot oil on him ehen, he can inform everyone that cares to listen, but petty arguments and then reporting me to my parents? how dare you? the kind of parents I have will simply nod their heads in agreement with the man and the next minute, they will show up to the house with dangote trailer to clear my stuff and return me to a safe environment.

@OP

You are 28 so freaking what? let me tell you the honest truth,(the truth no one told a certain TITILAYO who was married to an abusive man and ended up dead not only dead but butchered) your family members telling you that he loves you will not be there to share the downfall of this marriage with you...they will console you, hug you, re-assure you, talk to you, comfort you but NO ONE will come into that house and feel the emotional and physical pain you will experience with that man.

Treat yourself like a princess, carry yourself like a princess and a good MAN will treat you as you have presented yourself. It takes a million to bring you down, it takes thousands to wreck you and make you feel under appreciated, but it takes only one person just one person to pick you up, dust you properly and walk like the world is under your feet-that one person is YOU. Come on now give yourself a little self worth undecided

1 Like

Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by taryour(f): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki: No!!

LWKMD oooo. You are a clown,a very very big one at that.
Re: Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr Aboki: No!!

you like ukwu too much tongue

Oya take her pin-571c231d grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Regret / Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? / Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.