Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy (3184 Views)

Amaechi's Ministerial Appointment: Rivers APC Shops For Replacement / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper / 2015: APC Is Blinded By Desperation For Power – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by donphilopus: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2014
chukwudi44:

Very poor analysis GEJ will lose the NE/NW even if the governors there are 100% PDP and win in the SS/SE even if the governors there are 100% APC.Tribalism and religion are the key motiovating factors in presidential elections.GEJ will also win the MB states of Taraba,plateau,nassarawa,kogi,benue ,southern kadunna and christian parts of Niger,adamawa,Bauchi in addition to getting a subatantial no of votes in lagos.

Mind you the winner of the presidential elections is determined by the candiadate with the largest no of valid votes cast and not the candidate who won most states provided the candiadate meets 25% votes in 24 states +the fact,he will be declared winner with majority votes even if he won in fewer states
What's the main reason why you support GEJ?? Is it not because he's a Christian, and also a man from your region?? So, what do we then call that??

I know APC is going to get atleast 35% of votes in two South Eastern state; APC and PDP are going to share the votes from two SSern states.

You can't tell me that PDP would win Bauchi, Kogi and Benue just like that! Whether you like it or not, APC owns Bauchi, while the both parties are going to divide Bauchi and Kogi's votes.

It's no longer a news that APC would win Niger and Kaduna! As for Nasarawa; it's either APC wins, or they share the vote 50:50, which is not possible. Plaeteau is also sure for APC.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2014
I don't think you've ever stepped into any of those states you mentioned Gej would win..let's take some of these states one by one

Nassarawa..Buhari would take nassarawa square and fare. Let me remind you that nassarawa was a fully pdp controlled state, and it only took the visit of buhari, prior to the 2011 elections, to change that and right now, its a fully cpc controlled state. You made you calculations based on religion, pls take a visit to nassarawa state, the majority of the populace are muslims. There are 3 major cities in nassarawa state which is lafia, majority muslims, keffi, majority muslims and akwanga, majority christians. Secondly, the smartest politician and acclaimed renowkned godfather of nassrawa state politics is former gov abdullahi adamu, who has recently decamped to apc..the most influential christain politicain in nassaraw state, samson ewuga is a foremost member of the cpc, and now with the apc.

Kogi-now kogi state has always been politically backwards, but it obvious they are now rising and realsing their stance. I even came accross a thread recently here on nl with kogites ready to make a political change. The current governor of the state is a disaster, and I don't see him making any good for the pdp and he might likely loose, if apc can shop for a popular candidate to challenge him. Now back to religion. There are 3 major tribes in kogi state, igala, ebira and kabba. And I can tell you there are more muslims than christian igala's. It has been proven times without number when you look at so far, all the governors, who are igalas, are muslims. There are also more ebira muslim than christains. Take a visit to okene and see how mosques are spread all over town. Even the ohinoyi, must be a practising muslim. The kabba's are majorly christians, but then if you look at other smaller tribes, bassa, oworo, ogori, who are majorly muslims, you'll see that has been countered.

Niger. This is my state of origin, and I can tell you when it comes to presidential election, buhari enjoys overwhelmly support from the people. In terms of religion, we are majorly muslims. The only counter here is the presence of ibb, who is a sworn enemy of buhari and I can tell you, that his influence is waning by the day

Benue- I have never been to benue state, but I know the gej can win there, but also if you look at the polical landscape of that state, jst like kogi, the people are gradually waking up and with the likes of akume and lawrence onoja in the apc, the pdp are in for a ride

Adamawa. You shouldn't even mentioned that cos we all know it belongs wholly to the apc now more than ever, with all the political heavy weights in the state in one party, nyako,marwa etc. The only absentee here is atiku, and I bet you atiku would no way support gej

Kaduna- I don't think there is any state in nigeria, that buhari has an overwhelmy support like kaduna state. The 3 major cities are kaduna-majoriity muslim, zaria-muslims, and kafachean, christians.
Nb: I am sorry I had to bring in religion to my permutations, I don't subscribe to ethno-religious politics, but I jst had to use it, since you mentioned it as a basis to determine the votes
Bauchi would go to apc, because isa yuguda won't want to handover to bala muhammed, rather someone he can control, and that would create a friction within the pdp, and remember that's exactly how the then, anpp got isa yuguda to power b4 he decamped to pdp
chukwudi44:

Very poor analysis GEJ will lose the NE/NW even if the governors there are 100% PDP and win in the SS/SE even if the governors there are 100% APC.Tribalism and religion are the key motiovating factors in presidential elections.GEJ will also win the MB states of Taraba,plateau,nassarawa,kogi,benue ,southern kadunna and christian parts of Niger,adamawa,Bauchi in addition to getting a subatantial no of votes in lagos.

Mind you the winner of the presidential elections is determined by the candiadate with the largest no of valid votes cast and not the candidate who won most states provided the candiadate meets 25% votes in 24 states +the fact,he will be declared winner with majority votes even if he won in fewer states
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 06, 2014
Same laws that stated the speaker must be from the majority party, yet, tambuwal is still in pdp and apc is is the majority. Wait till an apc govt takes over and we would do away with all those unnecessary clause that drags us back. A leader who has every quality of being better should emerge. Irrespective of who is older or sex or religion or who comes there first. I see fashola as a better senate president than a vp. He is too intelligent for a v.p, he needs a post where he can excercise his powers and prowess the most
jmaine:

Fashola can never be a senate President immediately cos of the existent law of seniority in the NASS.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 06, 2014
donphilopus: What's the main reason why you support GEJ?? Is it not because he's a Christian, and also a man from your region?? So, what do we then call that??

I know APC is going to get atleast 35% of votes in two South Eastern state; APC and PDP are going to share the votes from two SSern states.

You can't tell me that PDP would win Bauchi, Kogi and Benue just like that! Whether you like it or not, APC owns Bauchi, while the both parties are going to divide Bauchi and Kogi's votes.

It's no longer a news that APC would win Niger and Kaduna! As for Nasarawa; it's either APC wins, or they share the vote 50:50, which is not possible. Plaeteau is also sure for APC.

If APC should secure 10% votes in any south eastern votes I will stop commenting on NL!! APC sure of plateau? It is even easier for APC to win in anambra than for them to win in plateau state.
APC will definitely win bauchi state but GEJ should secure 25% from the christians there.Southern Kadunna is another no go area for APC.The middle belt will be more influenced by religion more than anything else in the forthcomming elections.The incessant attacks by boko haram and hausa-fulani herdsmen have helped to fuel that feeling.

@AMJeez

Labaran Maku is the next Governor of Nassarawa state !! Take that from me

1 Like

Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by OgologoDimkpa: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2014
mike404: BUHARI AGAIN WELL HE'S OUR REGULAR COSTUMERgringringrin CONGRATULATIONS TO PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELEMI JONATHAN
Yeah, he has cried before and will still cry again grin
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by OgologoDimkpa: 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
donphilopus: What's the main reason why you support GEJ?? Is it not because he's a Christian, and also a man from your region?? So, what do we then call that??

This your analysis is kwashiokored grin
APC getting about 35% votes in the SE is a mirage sad?
We refuse to be assciated with Buhari the leader of Boko haram? and Tinubu?
We would not want Alaigbo to be Islamised by APC angry.
So, count us out.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by donphilopus: 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
chukwudi44:

If APC should secure 10% votes in any south eastern votes I will stop commenting on NL!! APC sure of plateau? It is even easier for APC to win in anambra than for them to win in plateau state.
APC will definitely win bauchi state but GEJ should secure 25% from the christians there.Southern Kadunna is another no go area for APC.The middle belt will be more influenced by religion more than anything else in the forthcomming elections.The incessant attacks by boko haram and hausa-fulani herdsmen have helped to fuel that feeling.
APC cannot secure 10% votes from the SErn states?? If that truly happens, what do we call that? Do we then call the SErns Tribal bigots, or Religious bigott? Anyways, I'm very sure of 2 South Eastern states, while the rest can go to the dogs.

@AMJeez

Labaran Maku is the next Governor of Nassarawa state !! Take that from me
Who's LabaRAM Maggot? When would he be the Governor?? 2015, or 2019? The people of the state would decide, not the presidency! So, Abdullai Adamu; Umoru Tanko Al-Makura are in the best position to know who will be the next Governor of their state.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by donphilopus: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2014
ogologodimkpa: This your analysis is kwashiokored grin
APC getting about 35% votes in the SE is a mirage sad?
We refuse to be assciated with Buhari the leader of Boko haram? and Tinubu?
We would not want Alaigbo to be Islamised by APC angry.
So, count us out.
Are you a renowned SEsner?? If NO, you know nothing about what I'm talking about.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by jmaine: 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
A.jeez:
Same laws that stated the speaker must be from the majority party, yet, tambuwal is still in pdp and apc is is the majority. Wait till an apc govt takes over and we would do away with all those unnecessary clause that drags us back. A leader who has every quality of being better should emerge. Irrespective of who is older or sex or religion or who comes there first. I see fashola as a better senate president than a vp. He is too intelligent for a v.p, he needs a post where he can excercise his powers and prowess the most

At the end of the day, the current statutes of Senate forbids a Fashola from been a senate president in the now when his seniors are there.

That is a fact . . .
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by OgologoDimkpa: 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
donphilopus: Are you a renowned SEsner?? If NO, you know nothing about what I'm talking about.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by MalcolmXng: 12:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
A.jeez:
Great, Buhari/ Amechi would be perfect. Then a SW for senate president, fashola shld contest dat. And then a vibrant and voracious south easterner for the speaker of house of rep..this would be a better govt
You have a point. Buhari/Amaechi will be great. Besides Amaechi being capable in all respects, it'll take care of the religion factor and also divide the SE/SS. Fash will also make a great SP. The only problem is if Tinubu wants a part of the action! And, will the SW be content with just the SP knowing that they can make or break?
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by MalcolmXng: 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
jmaine:

Fashola can never be a senate President immediately cos of the existent law of seniority in the NASS.
Is it possible to change the law, especially in an opposition dominated NASS?
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
jmaine:

At the end of the day, the current statutes of Senate forbids a Fashola from been a senate president in the now when his seniors are there.

That is a fact . . .
Fashola is not a current senator. That's a fact
When and if he decides to run for senate, he would win and can become a senate president, now that's a better fact. The law of seniority nass wolud be discarded, same with the immunity clause, that's even a much better FACT
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by jmaine: 12:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
MalcolmX@ng:
Is it possible to change the law, especially in an opposition dominated NASS?

When you are clearly in the majority, then you can start thinking of changing them. Even members of the same party as fashola will kick against his senate presidency.

A Saraki which much immense political clout won't allow a Fashola truncate his desires and aspirations of the Senate Presidency . . . .
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by jmaine: 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
A.jeez:

Fashola is not a current senator. That's a fact
When and if he decides to run for senate, he would win and can become a senate president, now that's a better fact. The law of seniority nass wolud be discarded, same with the immunity clause, that's even a much better FACT

Stop passing your conjectures as fact. And you feel a powerful Saraki will allow a Fashola become a Senate President when the present law he suffered from eventually favours him. . .
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Yes, the only problem is when tinubu decides he wants to be part of the action, but then he can have the leadership of the party's position..and mind you, the senate president isn't 'jus'. It is even a more powerful position than the vp. It only takes a capable, smart, inflential and brilliant to excersise such power, and I think fashola is the perfect man for the job
MalcolmX@ng:
You have a point. Buhari/Amaechi will be great. Besides Amaechi being capable in all respects, it'll take care of the religion factor and also divide the SE/SS. Fash will also make a great SP. The only problem is if Tinubu wants a part of the action! And, will the SW be content with just the SP knowing that they can make or break?
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by MalcolmXng: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
A.jeez:
Yes, the only problem is when tinubu decides he wants to be part of the action, but then he can have the leadership of the party's position..and mind you, the senate president isn't 'jus'. It is even a more powerful position than the vp. It only takes a capable, smart, inflential and brilliant to excersise such power, and I think fashola is the perfect man for the job
Since religion unfortunately 'seems' to be a factor, will the Christians not cry, being left only with the VP while the Muslims carted away the party leadership, the presidency and the SP.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
Saraki's kwara state is in the north central, if the apc should zone the senate presidency to the south west, saraki has automatically lost out. Yes, the are my conjectures, but they a viable options the APC could explore and it'll work for everyone..now that's a Fact
jmaine:

Stop passing your conjectures as fact. And you feel a powerful Saraki will allow a Fashola become a Senate President when the present law he suffered from eventually favours him. . .
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Religion doesn't play much role in the Nass as much as it does in the presidency/vp slot. Gej a xtian, sambo muslim, mark xtian..buhari a muslim, amechi xtian, fashola muslim..I really dnt like politics of ethno religious divide, I jst hope that someday soon, Nigerians would do away with it and choose our leaders based on quality, rather than ethnicity, region or religios sentiments
MalcolmX@ng:
Since religion unfortunately 'seems' to be a factor, will the Christians not cry, being left only with the VP while the Muslims carted away the party leadership, the presidency and the SP.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Biodup: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
Apc will win all the 108 senetorial seats, ova 300seats in the house of rep and all the 36 states of the federation. Cele tan e. I challenge any nairalander that can put his or her money, pdp will not win presidential election, atleast 20 state in 2015. I am sure of victory for pdp cos i know what structure is all about and gej has scored above average. Those that believe south west people will vote in mass for apc are getting it wrong. Sw people never endorse tinubu as their leader. As a true odua gej till 2019.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Thej(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Don't forget that SARAKI for Senate President!!! Laughing seriously. Power sharing palabaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaa
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by egbaguy: 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
buhari/oshiomole is d best combo.......with the fasholas, elrufais,kwankwaso,tinubuamaechi,et al in d cabinet as ministers. Walahi,the apc is full of intellectuals,and dey can easily attract technocrats. Pdp is full of clueless peeps. Their facial expression is enough to give them away. See wike,stella oduah,maku,allison madueke,okupe etc. I pray we all wake up and see things beyond ethnic and religious sentiment
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by chairman: 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
Donmams:
Sorry ehn. All your propaganda against Buhari has failed. You were all trying to hoodwink the APC into thinking that Buhari was unelectable. The decision makers know that Buhari, who got 12 million votes and won the entire north in 2011 is not unelectable. Add the ten million south west votes to buhari's ten million and it will be a landslide victory in 2015. You can dash yourselves 100% in the SS and SE. It will be inconsequential.
very very inconsequential indeed, the only ones I pity are those from the se and ss who are following you but with ppl like you and you are many, jonathan's way is going to be smooth. I know you won't know why or how
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by jjcbuthot: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
It is unfortunate that the only cards some silly Igbos are banking on here for votes are religion and ethinicity. What has happened to the track record of the contestants? Is it religion or enthnicity that will give us a prosperous country? Is it this that will give us a country with reduced corruption? It is only when corruption is reduced that Nigerians can truly see dividend of democracy. Otherwise, patch patch will be the order of the day - like the airport patch patch, locomotive railway patch patch, road patch patch... And they will call these transformation just to get votes from ignorant Nigerians.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by egbaguy: 6:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
what if jonathan dies before 2015 election#DEATHISINEVITABLE
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by jmaine: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
A.jeez:
Saraki's kwara state is in the north central, if the apc should zone the senate presidency to the south west, saraki has automatically lost out. Yes, the are my conjectures, but they a viable options the APC could explore and it'll work for everyone..now that's a Fact

They still remain your conjectures and not facts. Deal with it . . . .
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Demdem(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2014
A.jeez:

WellSaid. The governing word there is IF.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 07, 2014
You guyz are quite funny!! Is it not the party that wins the majority in the NASS that decides who leads them? Why not wait till APC wins firtst before giving the SP to Fashola or Saraki? How are you sure Saraki will even return to the senate?
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by ChimaAgbalajob: 8:31am On Jan 07, 2014
Buhari is the only credible candidate in APC that isn't tainted with corruption. The rest of the bunch are same corrupt politicians running from other parties where they have lost out to the powerplay.

They should make Ngige Buhari's running mate. I still don't think APC can beat GEJ because they would struggle to get 25% in 75% of the states, in addition to getting the overall majority of votes. It will be a tall order. Anyhow,Ngige has really tried for APC and deserves compensation.
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by banki(m): 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2014
personally I don't care the region or the ethnicity any president of Nigeria comes from justbring a competent fearless leader someone that will inspire our youth, someone that is innovative someone that young peple would gather to listen to, someone that the elders can point to.........

not someone that is known to promise and fail, not someone that dodges debates during elections, not someone that does not have a record of performance, not someone that waits for months to solve problems that requires seconds, we need a leader..... a true leader
Re: 2015: APC Shops For Buhari’s Deputy by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
U
A.jeez:
Here, read this
"FORMER military head of state and
leader of the All Progressives
Congress (APC) General Muhammadu
Buhari (Rtd.), has said that the party
will win the 2015 presidential election
and that it is a forgone conclusion.
He also described the administration
of President Goodluck Jonathan as
lawless, calling on Nigerians to join the
APC in its campaign to recover the
country.
“APC is about securing Nigeria and
managing it efficiently, how are we
going to do it? The way we are going
to do it is why we got the opposition
parties with representation in the
states and the National Assembly.
With that we believe that the
question of winning the election in
2015 is a foregone conclusion. We are
particularly grateful and impressed by
your governor for his single-
mindedness and his capacity to
identify what is good for his people
and for the country, we thank him
very much.
“A lot of you here were not born
when our leaders thought that the
fundamental thing is one Nigeria, in
spite of our differences; ethnic and
religious, we’ve found ourselves as
one people. Our country, with
tremendous resources and talented
people, but we the people have
managed or mismanaged to organise
ourselves so that we can use them
wisely for this country.
“APC, as I said, is about securing and
efficiently managing Nigeria, I want
you to believe and participate fully
because this effort we are making is
for you because no matter how much
we love this world or the office, we
have only five and ten years to go,
you better realise it and accept it and
work for a strong Nigeria".

Compare how Buhari talks to GEJ. If it's GEJ his words would've been something like this:

"People say corruption is our great country Nigeria's biggest problem. I cant agree because when our founding fathers put together this country, it's like when you're building a house and the foundation is made of sand. I remember in my village growing up behind our house was a oil well and there was this man whose house was built on top sand foundation and when raining season come it wash on his property. So, in essence, it's like when a beautiful bride has a boil on her eyes, she can either put mentholataum or wait for the puss to dry up and if she does that then...."

Very incoherent, unintelligible, and obviously an individual with quite a low IQ. Theres no reason why GEJ should remain as President of any country on earth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Pays Buhari's Daughter £30k Tuition Fee At University Of Surrey, UK / When An APC Chieftain Ask You To Bring Your CV (PHOTO) / Why Do Some Ghanaian Hate Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.