Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness (1294 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / Do You Used To See Repeating Numbers Such As: 11:11, 09:09, 08:08, 07:07, 03:03? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Tgirl4real(f): 1:56am On Aug 08, 2008
I don't understand the madness about today being the eight day of the eight month of the year 2008. What is the significance of the date and why are churches scrambling here and there to hold programmes today?

Someone should please help me out.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by AKO1(m): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2008
What is the significance of the date and why are churches scrambling here and there to hold programmes today?

They are religious fanatics. grin
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by SeanT21(f): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2008
I have no IDEA!!
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Tgirl4real(f): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2008
I can imagine the traffic that will build up today. Redeem is having theirs, MFM is also having and FourSuare is not relenting. I still need an ans pls.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by MCUsman(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2008
SeanT21:

I have no IDEA!!

Money
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by samba123(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2008
Tgirl4real:

I don't understand the madness about today being the eight day of the eight month of the year 2008. What is the significance of the date and why are churches scrambling here and there to hold programmes today?

Someone should please help me out.

That is the opening ceremony of Olympic In China today to commemorate in this day the event of Athletic competition
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Tgirl4real(f): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2008
But wetin concern church concern olympics. I'm sure it's not olympics they are all scrambling for.

SeanT, i think i'm going to agree with you
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by MCUsman(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
samba123:

That is the opening ceremony of Olympic In China today to commemorate in this day the event of Athletic competition

The Chruch

&
08-08-08
  &
And the olympic

Still puzzled  
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Jids(m): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2008
8 signify a new beginning; 05/08/08 signify a new beginning in your life that is why churches and the believers are taking this day serious.

2008 is a year with prophetic significance. In the Scriptures, the number ‘8' is a highly prophetic and historic number.

· It is a number of new beginnings.

· It is the number that connects the end of an old phase with the inception of a new one.

· It is a number associated with change, new trends and innovations.

· It is a number associated with circumcision and new covenant realities.

· It is associated with rainbow - Noah, wife, Shem, Ham, Japheth and their wives - eight people started the world again after the flood (Genesis 8:cool.

· 2008 is also a leap year.
- A year for personal and national circumcision
- A year of new beginnings, new trends in transformation
- A year of raising new altars and entering into new covenants
- A year for rapid and radical change in the church
- A year for the development of prophetic stones to throw at Goliath
- A year when new things as outlined in the Scriptures will manifest
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Tgirl4real(f): 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2008
Still puzzled too.

Jids, can u provide scriptures for this please?
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Tgirl4real(f): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2008
Jid,

which new things are you talking about Xscriptures please). Those events you listed are simply events and they are past. How do they affect us now.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Jids(m): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Jid,

which new things are you talking about Xscriptures please). Those events you listed are simply events and they are past. How do they affect us now.

Don't you know most of the things that you mentioned past events are now happening. Please be at alert for another new beginning in your life if you believe.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Shaz(f): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2008
I can't say but no such thing is around here for that
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Gamine(f): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2008
Well today is the first Friday of the month

and surely it is Breakthrough night!, Vigil services here n there!!

Redeemed camp ishe and the likes.

Theres nothing special about it except its my month ofcourse grin

Anyways people always like plain thing to seem so mystical and significant so as to
blind and make followers out of a certain type of people
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by javalove(m): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2008
hisses unnessecary stuffs, xtians and their wahala, i no say one day one day, i go get me on church, cheesy Cos looking for jobs doesnt seem to solve me probs, all i need na sweet mouth and some handsome ushers cheesy
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Gamine(f): 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2008
Look at this gay dude, comot jare
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by rampant(f): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2008
never knew todays id d 8th day of august not to talk of d 2008 thingy undecided undecided
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Tgirl4real(f): 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2008
U can say that again Gamine.

Humans love to enslave their fellow humans.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by mazaje(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
Jids:

8 signify a new beginning; 05/08/08 signify a new beginning in your life that is why churches and the believers are taking this day serious.

2008 is a year with prophetic significance. In the Scriptures, the number ‘8' is a highly prophetic and historic number.

· It is the number that connects the end of an old phase with the inception of a new one.

· It is associated with rainbow - Noah, wife, Shem, Ham, Japheth and their wives - eight people started the world again after the flood (Genesis 8:cool.

are you kidding me?
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Tgirl4real(f): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
He is certainly kidding.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by lexicon(m): 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2008
Na wah ooooo, I think i should go and start cramming the dictionary so that i can be blowing big big grammar if start my own church, nna dis is cool biziness
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by AKO1(m): 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2008
Jids:

·         It is a number of new beginnings.

·         It is the number that connects the end of an old phase with the inception of a new one.

·         It is a number associated with change, new trends and innovations.

·         It is a number associated with circumcision and new covenant realities.

·         It is associated with rainbow - Noah, wife, Shem, Ham, Japheth and their wives - eight people started the world again after the flood (Genesis 8:cool.

·         2008 is also a leap year.

This is what your pastor told you right?

Unfortunately sometimes our pastors talk from their heads and not their hearts; their spirits.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2008
never really crossed my mind of the days speciality, not till the paper ran a news coverage of the day
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by landu(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2008
Jids:

o boy where did you get all these from? in that case maybe you will tell me what 07-07-07 meant, where in the bible is it written that 08-08-08 is a date of new beginning?everyday is a new beginning with God, 08-08-08 is a normal date and like any other date, Redeem have their annual convention which holds annually at this time of the year, MFM have their special programmes too,maybe you can support your claim biblically and not link Noah's ark and the new world with number *8*
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by liftedone(f): 12:15am On Aug 10, 2008
superstition! And this has been elevated to a new level in the church, sadly.
and @ gamine, it is the 2nd friday of the month.
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by MP007(m): 3:26am On Aug 10, 2008
watch out for 09 09 09
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by rampant(f): 12:30pm On Aug 10, 2008
MP007:

watch out for 09 09 09

naaa this one is even better,atleast there is a 200 on it before d 9

there was this particular one that drove people mad-----------------9. 9. 99 ,people were asking God for d forgiveness of their sins, including me they tot the world was going to come to an end grin grin
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by magentam(f): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2008
Nothing, It is simply fun and the celebration of Life. Looking forward to 09/09/09
Re: What Is It With The 08/08/08 Madness by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 06, 2008
IT WAS MY BIRTH DAY, smiley smiley cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

End Of The World: Dec. 21, 2012 / unclothed Spinsters In Nigerian Church / A Christain Student Shames His Athest Professor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.