Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. (63255 Views)

El-rufai Must Produce Herdsmen He Paid To Stop Killing Christians –  suleman / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by VOICEOFTHEMASES: 7:47am On May 17, 2015
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

So dear pastors make una talk the one una see.

VOM

376 Likes 47 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by ladyteska(f): 7:50am On May 17, 2015
near truth.....FTC Wooooooooow!!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Redoil: 7:51am On May 17, 2015
Frosbel had treated such b4 and the thread made front page.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by olu77(m): 7:53am On May 17, 2015
Bold lies

I have sisters, cousins who have married catholic men and they still attend their husbands' church till date

3 years ago when I was about to marry, my wife was a catholic, her father a reputable member of the church and the community yet the priest told me that it's the doctrine of catholic church that any man marrying a female member of their church must make a vow to convert to catholic church. I told them I loved my wife to be but sorry I couldn't go to that extreme.

I still got married to her but in another pentecostal church not in the church her parents were established.

The op is right to a large extent Christians leaders have divided the body of Christ to suit their selfish desires

23 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by chekasforchekas: 8:07am On May 17, 2015
Nice one
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by emerged01(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2015
it maybe because of different doctrines,which I believe it has been taking too far.

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by tolugar: 8:12am On May 17, 2015
Bro na true talk.

"Religionism" Tribalism and
Racism even cergregation all
Started in the church.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by adaweezy(m): 8:14am On May 17, 2015
Agreed
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kelvyn7: 8:18am On May 17, 2015
my pastor cannot even tell me not to marry a lady from another bible believing church

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by akoaki(m): 8:23am On May 17, 2015
There is no good reason why any right thinking person should live his life according to the preachings of today's pastors which are most times in contrary to the scriptures but made to satisfy their greed, wickedness and domination. Such religious leaders are a big part of nigeria's problems. Shame on them.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Merlissa(f): 8:30am On May 17, 2015
True talk bro!

That's why am doing a roof top wedding... make no pastor tell me say xyz cuz I go give am abc!!!

10 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 8:38am On May 17, 2015
The boy below me is a slowpoke, how can a muslim post in christian section.

The church is only trying to protect his members so that they won't be poached but its very wrong and its against the bible teaching which embodies us to love our neighbour and always act like christ

21 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 8:46am On May 17, 2015
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by jogs1999(m): 8:57am On May 17, 2015
Hmmnnn...na true u talk ooohh...i experienced this discrimination before I got married...i was to marry a jahwee(Jehovah witness)den...d lady told me I had to convert 2 a jahwee before we can get married..meanwhile Im an Anglican..I told her what I can do is to allow her be a jahwee..bt me..lailai...she said no...dats was why we parted..luckily,for me I met another lady dats frm Pentecostal (winners) church ND we are happily married now for 2yrs plus with a child while my jahwee babe still dey find husband...honestly dis madness of discrimination must stop in our churches.

132 Likes 11 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by engineerboat(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life [b][/b]yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

VOM

Do your research very well before spewing trash on the internet my Friend

15 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by buskie13(m): 9:10am On May 17, 2015
so true op....Deeper Life calls other Pentecostal n non Pentecostal fellowship unbelievers... not right

10 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Superbbash(m): 9:17am On May 17, 2015
Merlissa:
True talk bro!

That's why am doing a roof top wedding... make no pastor tell me say xyz cuz I go give am abc!!!

Funny u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by cirmuell(m): 9:33am On May 17, 2015
soe:
which version of it? cool #morning

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 9:35am On May 17, 2015
cirmuell:
which version of it? cool #morning
see this guy.

By the way...i caused a nairalander to close his account. His name is rexxie. He kept on insulting me..and i gave him his name, age and place of work....the guy closed his NL account immediately... Hahahahah

14 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Ruq: 9:37am On May 17, 2015
All these happen because you still go to church.

9 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by roqchiq(f): 9:42am On May 17, 2015
Note:The word "Church" here refers to all who believe in God Almighty, and not any particular domination or even religion!(Believing in Christ is believing in Love)

Its sad that the church has completely forgotten/lost the mandate given to her by Christ, to love, just as God is Love. That's the simple message, all the commandments summarised in that one word. Love God, Love your neighbour, Love yourself.

How do you love God? I don't think its by giving him all your money, through tithe or offering, or making the biggest donation in church. Remember Matt25:40-45?? Whatsoever you do to others, thats what you do to God, and it goes further, to the promise of "entering into the house of The Father". Where else has such promise been made?? Where in the bible does it say, give the church money or attend all the church activities, and I promise you heaven on the last day.
Before some of you start ranting, I didn't say, the bible didn't mention paying tithe or such, yes it did! But it was not given as a singular requirement to be welcomed into heaven.

That is why I believe that our forefathers who lived a love-inspired life, are saved, despite having lived before the human coming of Christ. Don't forget that Christ has been since the beginning Gen1:1. Christ is Love.

Love your neighbours. The church has abandoned the teaching of love, focusing on worldliness, holding on to some traditions, adopting some modern fads, dictating guidelines, persecuting "unbelievers", shunning fellow human beings, trying to fit in with the world......all these and more, while not necessarily bad practice, has however clouded the Church's mind to the detriment of Love. We have become so focused, on identifying who is doing what in the wrong way, on acting as judge,jury and even jailer to those who we tag wrong/ungodly, we have forgotten that love is not just about giving a beggar #20 or #2000, but also about not hiking the prices of your goods astronomically. Its not just about, getting up for the pregnant woman in a bus, but also about not gossiping about the 18yr old girl who is pregnant in her father's house. Its not just about going very early to church and sweeping and cleaning the church, but also about not praying for the death of those you perceive are your enemies. Its not just about being nice to your village sister/brother, but also being nice to that random person who has no connection to you. Its not just about being generous to your friends or colleagues, but extend that generosity to that person who may never be able to pay you back. Its not just about helping your neighbour so that when your turn comes they might also help you, but also by helping someone who in a million years can never help you in any way.

As the Catholic Church celebrates Pentecost next Sunday, Let us (ALL PEOPLE) all pray that the Holy Ghost will descend anew on the "Church", and rekindle the fire of love in all our hearts, so that in all we do, we would abandon discrimination of any kind and apply God's love.Amen.

p.s;using a phone, so please pardon typos nd errors!!

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by cirmuell(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2015
soe:
see this guy.

By the way...i caused a nairalander to close his account. His name is rexxie. He kept on insulting me..and i gave him his name, age and place of work....the guy closed his NL account immediately... Hahahahah
lol you're mean.

3 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by BUSHHUNTER: 9:49am On May 17, 2015
I see people using their heads now

BUSH
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by cirmuell(m): 9:54am On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

VOM
them mumuni, no church can decide for me who or where to marry from. If you no gree make I do wedding for your companychurch, na to go registry till i find better church...lobatan.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by ednut1(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2015
no pastor wants to lose his source of tithe and offering. Sista Ada dat works in shell and drops big money for d church will now go and marry broda Emeka of anoda church . the pastor don lose na. Jesus pls re enforce our minds pls cos wat i see nowadays is shameful

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 10:32am On May 17, 2015
People still go to church in 21st century ? Even with over 5 Preaching and Gospel channels on DSTV and other satellite TV ?

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by misreal(m): 11:03am On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:

VOM
hmmmmmm rubbish.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Syphax(m): 11:06am On May 17, 2015
Pentecostalism is the worst thing to happen to Christainity.Luther is an agent of doom!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 11:08am On May 17, 2015
Christians and their God of confusion.

7 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by gabriel212: 11:10am On May 17, 2015
soe:
do yu know that such happen within the Islamic folk? that a Shia Muslim can not marry a Sunni Muslim?
In addition, due you know that the unrest in the Muslim countries originated from the two group difference on Rituals and interpretation of Quran?

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by honeric01(m): 11:14am On May 17, 2015
They preach this to maintain their church membership and also to increase it.

Marrying a man outside your church most times make you leave for his church which in turn makes the church lose a member.

Its all for selfish reason.

15 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

One Of King Solomon's Wives Was From Ogun State, Nigeria. True Or False? / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.